FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP

+2
Safton
Sunwolf007
6 posters

Go down

Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP Empty Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 am

Overview:
It was the Christian religion that said: The second coming of Christ is the blessed hope of the church, the grand climax of the gospel. The Saviour's coming will be literal, personal, visible, and worldwide. When He returns, the righteous dead will be resurrected, and together with the righteous living will be glorified and taken to heaven, but the unrighteous will die.

Where the bible was vague was on how the nonbelievers would die. Jesus returned on January 1 2012 and from that point everything changed. All the believers were suddenly taken from this world to live in heaven while all the ones who believed but had sinned too much were imprisoned in Tartarus with Satan. That left all us nonbelievers and those of other religions. What the bible didn’t talk about was the fact that before the fall of Roman Republic the Greek gods ruled. They knew the Christian God as the Creator who dipped behind the curtain of the cosmos for a time. Now that He has returned the Greek gods have 1,000 years to rule the world. Most of world’s population was lost during the Second Coming of Christ. That wasn’t all either, the end of the Hindu and Buddhist religions also removed more of the world’s population. We who were left called it the end of the big five (the five religions being Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism.) All that was left were the agnostics and atheists.

With the release of the Greek gods came the Greek Titans. The Titans were responsible for releasing large amounts of monsters from Greek and Roman mythology. The monsters were the worst part as the world was not prepared to deal with them. Bullets and explosives only work on some while blades and arrows work on almost all. It was a costly lesson as most of the world’s military force was lost in learning what works. Most small towns were wiped off the map as they were indefensible. This compounded the population loss from the end of the big five. Now what’s left of the world’s population is centered where the large cities used to be. It makes it easier on us, the only ones able to fight the monsters. We are the ones who are favored by the Greek gods, the ones who have been granted use of the Greek god abilities. We are all marked with the symbol of our patron deity or deities as the lucky ones have two patrons. In the days of old we were called demigods but now we are the only hope of what’s left of humanity.

Basic Idea:
This is a post-apocalyptic style Greek mythology RP. It will take place in what is left of Grand Rapids Michigan. The idea is a group of demigods are up against the worst that mythology can throw at them. I have most of the mechanics worked out when it comes to special weapons and abilities of which I will post more on later. I just need to know if a few people are interested to be sure it’s worth the time it would take for me to get that stuff typed up.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP Empty Re: Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP

Post by Safton Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:36 am

Interesting concept; I'd love to take a shot at this.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP Empty Re: Post-apocalyptic style Greek/Roman mythology RP

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 am

If you have any specific questions don't be afraid to ask. If we get another 2 people to post relatively quickly then I will work on a proper first post for the OOC.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 am

I'll work on this.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Ok. So far this is going much better than my last interest check. I figure if we get at least one more person that's a solid 4 (including myself) and that would be enough to start an OOC topic. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:59 pm

I like this idea. You can count me in. I'm a sucker for Greek mythology.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 pm

All right then. Its official. I am going to be getting together the OOC tonight when I get back from shopping/hanging out with friends. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with for characters.

Edit: You should all be thinking of ideas for characters while I work on getting the mechanics down on paper. Please don't put up a character sheet before I post the OOC topic.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm

~I'd be interested in joining as well. Are there still spots open?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am

Yes. I was just looking to see if there was enough interest to pursue working on the project. Now that I see people are interested then I will invest the time to making the RP. I am working on the OOC right now, just so everyone is aware. I am terrible at naming things. Any suggestions guys?

Edit: Here is what I have so far for the OOC post. If you want to read through to start brainstorming character ideas feel free. If you have any questions please ask.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added what I have for the OOC post)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 pm

I think I may revise Aldephos from the other role-play you started.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Sounds like a plan. Its too bad I never got a chance to start that one since a few people claimed interest and never posted a character. The idea for this RP is similar to that one, just a much different setting. As for a name I was thinking about 'From the Ashes'. If no one objects I think I will use that. The OOC should be up soon.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:10 pm

~Can't wait to see it. I'm planning on making a character blessed by Apollo if that's alright.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:06 pm

That's fine as long as the abilities match up with what the god is known for. I wont allow an Apollo demigod throwing lightning bolts unless they are marked by Zeus as well as Apollo. On a side note, I am getting closer to finishing the OOC. I am currently in the process of make characters. I got two NPCs I got to finish off as they are the ones giving orders to our group. Plus filling out the back story a bit with their backgrounds. I am also still working on my own character as well. For my character I am using a patron god I don't think anyone will think of. Its making it hard to think of what weapons to use though. Anyway, now that my update is done I think I got everything I wanted to say out of the way. Now back to work on my characters!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 pm

I was actually thinking more along the lines of light and healing based powers, and maybe some greater accuracy skills, as Apollo was a known bowman?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristophanes Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Is one restricted to demi-gods from only Greek mythology? I was wondering if it would be at all possible to incorporate other religious traditions. What I had in mind was Buddhism, more specifically a Bodhisattva that is close to my heart... Sort of.

Aristophanes
Mist
Mist

Male

http://ahistoryofquotes.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Ruu wrote:I was actually thinking more along the lines of light and healing based powers, and maybe some greater accuracy skills, as Apollo was a known bowman?
That would work splendidly. A few suggestions for other powers associated with Apollo would be infecting disease and immunity to poison. If you want you can use the ones I mentioned as well. Just throwing it out there. Never know when it might come in handy.

Aristophanes wrote:Is one restricted to demi-gods from only Greek mythology?
Yes the gods I mention will be Greek but as the Romans took over Greek religion the Roman names can be used as well. When picking Patron gods you must pick from the Greek/Roman deities.

Aristophanes wrote:What I had in mind was Buddhism, more specifically a Bodhisattva that is close to my heart... Sort of.
That would not work as in the setting I mention that the big five religions are concluded as in their apocalypse is done. I know I listed Buddhism as well as Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristophanes Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Ah, nevermind then.

Aristophanes
Mist
Mist

Male

http://ahistoryofquotes.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok. On a side note here is what I have so far.

Edit: I lied. I am done with the OOC topic so here is a link. Are you ready?

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : added the link. Again since I messed up the first time.)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down