FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek demigod style RP (no name yet)

4 posters

Go down

Greek demigod style RP (no name yet) Empty Greek demigod style RP (no name yet)

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:08 pm

When I decided to do the NaNoWriMo 2010 contest I scrambled to make a world and put together these notes based off of an RP Kalon and I had been working on. This RP idea actually. After completing the novel I figured it might be fun to run an RP in the world. If anyone has an interest in this please post.

Realm:
The world is much like Rome was before the collapse of the western empire. There are roads leading to all the major cities. There is Aqueducts bringing fresh water to all the major cities. The weapons technology is just now discovering steel which is still very expensive to make into weaponry. Most weapons are made with Iron. Armor is made of plates of Iron or Bronze because ring mail has not been invented yet. Chariots are the ultimate weapons used in warfare and cavalry uses spears or lances. Most buildings are made with stone and have many murals painted inside. The more cheaply built ones are made of wood. The country has large standing armies of well-trained troops.

Recently there has been a cold war brewing between the Olympian Gods and Titans. The enemies of the Gods, the Titans, are planning something as they are gathering together and producing more marked humans. There are three distinct groups in this cold war. The first group is supporters of an all-out attack immediately which is led by Ares and includes Poseidon. The second group is supporters of a more diplomatic approach which is led by Athena and includes Zeus and Hephaestus. The third group is supporters of doing nothing and going about business as usual which is led by Hades.

The Titans, like the Gods, are unable to directly attack because of the possibility of destroying the entire cosmos. They are instead gaining strength by luring all the mythological beasts they can to their side. There is no explanation for these actions yet but this worries some of the Gods. Some Olympians are also creating more marked individuals in preparation for what some see as an inevitable war.

Then the unthinkable happened, legendary magical weapons and armor of Achilles in the human world vanished leading some Olympians to believe that the marked Titans are now preparing for war. Athena wants to know more about the disappearances of the weapons and armor of Achilles when Zeus approached her warning her of a fated war dealing with the weapons and armor of Achilles. Whichever side has the Pelican spear, the sword of Peleus, and the armor of Achilles will be victorious. Both Zeus and Athena realized that if Ares knew of the disappearances he would convince his faction to use their marks and attack the Titan marks. Athena picked Alexander Nestor to create a group and quietly recover the magical items hoping to avoid a war.

Marks:
Marks are awarded either at birth or by winning the favor of the God or Goddess. The mark is a symbol of the God or Goddess that is never able to be removed from the skin. It is a permanent tattoo showing to the world which God or Goddess you belong to. This mark is passed down to the children and grandchildren. The more generations separating the person with the mark and the person who was granted the mark means that the mark is less powerful and is faded. One person may have two marks as long as they are both not first generation. The marks of the Gods or Goddesses grant the mortal certain abilities that the deity rules over.

Magical weapons and items:
Weapons and armor can have magical properties like a vambrace changing into a spear the instant a word is spoken. Most are weak abilities but some are powerful legendary items from heroes that have died.

Gods and Goddesses items (Things they should have):

The Helmet of Hades, created by the Cyclopes for Hades. It made the wearer invisible.

The Aegis, Zeus' shield, often loaned to his daughter Athena, also used by Perseus

The Thunderbolts of Zeus, given to him by the Cyclops.

Poseidon's Trident, used to create horses and some water sources in Greece. It could cause earthquakes when struck on the ground.

Apollo's bow, could cause health or could cause famine and death in sleep.

Cupid's bow, could cause one to love or hate the person he/she first saw after being struck.

Hermes's Winged Sandals (Talaria), which allowed him to fly and move at super-sonic speeds

Aphrodite's Magic Girdle, a magic material that made whoever you desired would fall in love with you.

The Chariot of the Sun, the fiery chariot driven across the sky by the Greek god Helios

The Chariot of the Sea, the oceanic chariot teamed by hippocampi and/or dolphins, driven across the sky by the Greek god Poseidon

The chariot of Dionysus was drawn by panthers, tigers, or centaurs.

The Golden Apple of Discord In Greek myth, the Golden Apple of Discord was an apple made from pure gold and inscribed with the word "Kallisti" ("For the Fairest"). It was created by the goddess Eris as a means cause an argument among the Olympian goddesses as to who among them was prettiest (and thereby ruin a celebration to which Eris had not been invited). The ensuing argument, and later attempts to resolve it, are said to have led indirectly to the Trojan War

Pandora's Box The sealed box that contained all the evils of mankind.

Caduceus is the winged rod of Hermes or Mercury, entwined with two serpents; originally a simple olive branch; in the hands of the god possessed of magical virtues; it is also seen as a symbol of peace. The Caduceus began to be used erroneously as a symbol of the medical profession in the United States in the 19th century, due to it having been confused with the correct symbol of the profession, the rod of Asclepius.

The Thyrsus aka the Sceptre of Dionysus. The symbol of the god Dionysus, a wand tipped with a pine cone and entwined with ivy leaves

Cronus' sickle, made of Adamantine and able to cut through anything

Items of Heroes (that are in the human realm):

The Armour of Achilles, created by Hephaestus and said to be impenetrable

The Sword of Peleus, a magic sword that makes its wielder victorious in the battle or the hunt

The Sword of Death, A grey sword that can kill a person if you just cut a lock of their hair off.

The Pelican Spear, Achilles' great mythical spear. Created by Hephaestus and given to Peleus at his wedding with Thetis. This was the greatest gift that Peleus could ever have received. It has the ability to heal any wound it deals and any wound created by this spear can only be healed by the spear.

Heracles's bow, Which also belonged to Philoctetes, its arrows had the Lernaean Hydra poison.

The Hide of the Nemean lion, which Heracles earned overcoming the Nemean lion and it's supposedly able to endure every weapon and it's unbreakable

The Golden Fleece, sought by Jason and the Argonauts (looks shiny)

Main city location and theme ideas:
1. Cythera. Aphrodite’s city should be thought of as the city of love and passion. An area that is a romantic get away for couples and lovers.
2. Delphi. Apollo’s city should have the major location for prophets and oracles. It would also be a place where a lot of good hospitals would be located.
3. Sparta. Ares’ city should be centered in an area that has seen a lot of warfare like a hostile border area.
4. Kerkyra. Artemis’ city should be located out towards the country where there could be a great amount of hunting to be done.
5. Athens. Athena’s city should have a military school in it. Should also be the center of the study of science with many colleges.
6. Eleusina. Demeter’s city should be founded on agriculture and the farm capital of the country.
7. Phigalia. Dionysus’ city should be located where there is a lot of grape farming for wine. So the city would be known as party central because of cheap wine.
8. Avernus. Hades city should be a mining city that is very wealthy.
9. Rome. Hephaestus’ city should be the metalworking capital of the country and found close to the mountains where most metals are mined. Place where all the industrial innovation takes place.
10. Samos. Hera’s city should be the capital of the country where the leaders of the country reside.
11. Agrigento. Heracles city should be a location where all major Greek heroes shrines are located and close to Ares and Athena’s cities. This should be a place that is a location where people are always looking for work as heroes or be hired for heroic deeds.
12. Pheneos. Hermes’ city should be centrally located between all towns and a major crossroads for travelers. Should also be a politically important location. Should contain a large library of history of the country.
13. Hestia doesn’t leave Mount Olympus so she doesn’t have a patron city but all cities have temples to her.
14. Corinth. Poseidon’s city should be located on a coast and is a big shipping city.
15. Olympia. Zeus’ city should be located in the mountains like Machu Picchu. Have the best judicial courts in the country and this is where all the major court cases are heard and tried.

Characters:

Character sheet:
Name:

Mark (from who and what generation limited to 2):

Appearance: (You may use photo with a short paragraph)

Powers/Abilities: (Must be from the marks)

Magical items and Weapons:

Brief history:

Code:
[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Age: [/b](17 or older)

[b]Mark (from who and what generation limited to 2): [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b](You may use photo with a short paragraph)

[b]Powers/Abilities: [/b] (Must be from the marks)

[b]Magical items and Weapons:[/b]

[b]Brief history:[/b]

Alexander Nestor [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Greek demigod style RP (no name yet) Empty Re: Greek demigod style RP (no name yet)

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Oh. I am definitely interested. I will take the Mark of Apollo (First Generation) and the Mark of Artemis (Second Generation).
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Greek demigod style RP (no name yet) Empty Re: Greek demigod style RP (no name yet)

Post by Digital Muse Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm

This wounds really fascinating, Sunwolf. But, unfortunately, I'm in 6 RPs right now and really am stretched too thinly at ther moment. Sorry.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 pm

I am ready and willing to sign up for this, but I am admitedly not to familair with the Greek Gods besides the major players.

I browsed through the other thread that was linked, but I'm kinda lost. Do we need to learn all the stuff in that thread in order to understand this RP?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:10 am

Na that was me giving credit to Kalon for assisting me with a different RP that I inevitably turned into this idea. Its not even relevant to this RP at all except for the fact it spawned it. As for needing to know the whole Greek pantheon I wouldn't call it necessary. Here is a list. Wiki will work fine for our purposes. And like I said these are just my notes. If/when we do an RP I will make a comprehensive list that is much easier to follow than the mess that is the first post of this topic. As this is an interest topic I am looking to see if we got enough people to do this. I would personally like to see 4 or 5 people playing but 3 works good too. Either of you know someone that might be interested? Also if you want to make any requests or have any questions now is the time. I am (hopefully soon) going to work on a proper first post for this RP.

Oh and on a side note for Bird of Hermes: With your choice of the twins as your godparents your character will be really good with a bow. Not saying you have to use one but I think that if both of your characters godparents (Gods or Goddesses who gave out the marks) are awesome with the bow so will your character. Not a bad combination and I am interested to see what you come up with for powers.

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to be clear.)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:25 am

Alrighty then! Time to brush up on my mythology. I'll hopefully get a character put together by tomorrow.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Sunwolf, I see we have no gotten that much interest. Does 3 people in total meet the number of players you want, or should we wait and see if more join?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 am

Three total will work just fine. I haven't had a chance to get a proper OOC topic ready yet because of exams but it will happen soon. Most likely Monday or Tuesday.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 am

We chosen few [OOC]

Yeah I don't know where I stand on the name but the OOC topic is up and ready for you guys.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down