FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind

Go down

Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind Empty Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

One of my earliest works when I was 6 years old!

One word

“I love you”
Words you always say
When it really means
“I pity you”

“I need you”
Words you always say
When it really means
“I can manage on my own”

“I miss you”
Words you always say
When it really means
“I’m bored with you”

“I’ll be always here for you”
Words you always say
When it really means
“Not Again”

Words you always say
Words that meant nothing to you
But even so, it’s all right
For I would accept it all

Just because of a single word
A word you said that made me realize
A word I want to hear always
“Stay”

Back to top Go down

Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind Empty Re: Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 am

Will you listen to my story? About fate? About Choices? Will you?

I was visiting my grandfather at the hospital which was just nearby my apartment. He was confined because of a mild heart attack but was able to survive without any lasting problems. It was a luck that was appreciated very much in both my art and grandfather’s. I had been living with my grandfather since I started my college studies; I am all alone in my home so, it was no trouble.

I’m currently in 2nd year college in the chemical engineering course. It was our semester break so I took the responsibility to watch over my grandfather. However, it was much a puzzle to my why he did not want me to inform my parents about his situation. Well, I followed his request since he was now only recuperating. One other thing that made him quite confused was his friends not taking me with them to the beach that I found really weird since we always would go together. There are also spaces in my memories that are all a blur.

Disregarding it for now as I had arrived at the medical facility with my backpack, I wandered through the hallways of the hospital looking for my grandfather’s room. Entering a room and was about to say sorry for being late when I found no elderly-looking man but instead a beautiful girl sleeping peacefully. It was really embarrassing to make such a mistake so, I decided to leave thanking the Lord that there was nobody else inside that was awake to rub the error I had made. However, I heard the girl moaned in agony. Worry filled my being as I approached the bed where the girl was laying on. Suddenly, she reached out her hand in midair. Taking it in reflex, I made sure my grip was not hurting her in anyway. A sense of belonging there overcame me, but I chose to clearly ignore it and instead do my best to be a Good Samaritan here.

“It’s alright…it’s alright I’m here…” I said with gentleness that I didn’t know I had.

After a few seconds, I was surprised at what I am doing. If anyone would find me right now, it would be very awkward. Putting our hands down on the side of bed, the moaning stopped and she went back to her peaceful slumber. I decided to let go of her hand now but her grip was really tight. She was the one who didn’t want to let go. Shocked was evident in my face as I never expected this to happen at all. Trying a lot of ways to reclaim my hand but it ended in failure. Giving up as I sighed and decided to wait for her grip to loosen. I found a nearby chair and sat while staring towards my captor.

“She’s really a heavy sleeper…”

Studying the girl’s sleeping form since I have nothing else better to do. She was not an eyesore rather she was really a beauty to behold. She had long flowing golden locks and porcelain-like skin. Her hand was really soft and smooth, no signs of hardships. She had rosy cheeks illuminating her features and lips very pinkish. It was truly a tempting sight and somehow I felt she was meant for me. Shaking my head in shameful thoughts, I contented myself in looking at the clock hanging on the wall.

“Just great…”

An hour had already passed, I was sure my grandfather was getting worried. I took a deep breath and stared at my oblivious captor. Somehow, the girl piqued my curiosity. The need to see her eyes came out of my soul, which I was not sure where it originated from. Suddenly, I felt her grip loosen and instantly took my hand back. Smiling in triumph, I stood from my seat and took my leave but before in doing so, I gaze at her one last time.
“Bye…”

Then I left the room and somehow the feeling of regret and sadness overwhelmed me as if I left something valuable inside that room. Disregarded the feeling, I proceeded looking for my grandfather’s room that was just next door. I mentally cursed myself for being such an idiot and entered the room. There I found my grandfather reading a newspaper, who did not, gave me a second look.

“You’re late Zeke…”

He said within a matter of fact tone. I smiled sheepishly and gave an apologetic look and sat down on the sofa and unpacked my backpack as I explained my reason.

“Sorry grandpa… I entered the wrong room… then there was this weird girl. I think she was having a bad dream so I comforted her when she reached out her hand. But she didn’t let go after… It took me an hour before I escaped her clutches.”

Irritation evident in my voice as I took out my comics from my backpack, I made myself comfortable and making the event vanished from my mind. My grandfather, who was currently sitting on a sitting position, lowered his newspaper and asked with curiosity.

“Did you mean the girl next door?”

Not sparing a glance and simply nodded as I did not want to bother in my reading especially when I was getting at an exciting segment. A sigh emitted from my grandfather which I clearly heard but chose to ignore it.

“That girl is Sapphire Collins she had a car accident and currently in comatose state.”

My eyes lit with surprise as I lowered my comics on my lap and gazed at my grandfather with much disbelief. My conclusion was she really a heavy sleeper and had a peculiar attitude earlier. However, all of that changed.

“Really?! How long has she been staying here?”

My grandfather replied with much sadness in his tone, “It had been a year…”

My curiosity was piqued more at such a time span. There was nothing wrong that I had noticed from her, although, there might be an internal damage or such which cannot be seen by the naked eye.

“What’s wrong?”

My grandfather shook his head as he was remembering what had been told by him, A young nurse was there to share information about the young woman patient in the room besides him.

“Her. She’s the one who doesn’t want to wake up…”

I had a raised eyebrow as it made me more confused about the condition of the strange girl. The annoyance of what I had felt earlier slowly fades into concern and nosiness. However, a certain event previously had come in my mind.

“But she reached out her hand!”

My grandfather gave a small smile as if wondering when I would remember that small detail. But it seemed to hold another meaning which I cannot comprehend prior.

“That’s a good sign…”

Those words echoed in my mind. Looking out at the window which was beside me, questions plagued me like there was no tomorrow. I was not sure where this interest came from so suddenly. Maybe, it was my fate to get entangled in this whole matter. Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind Empty Re: Altered Realities From a Crappy Mind

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:56 am

I disagree, I don't think your mind is very crappy at all. XD
I want to know if you intend to write more. If you do, I'm going to be watching you...

Now as far as feedback (Errm... I hope it's okay to post here... If not I can delete it.)
You have a really good sense of space, something I'm bad at. Your words fill them room, so it feels like a room, and not some generic place. Well done.

I hope there's more to this... I think you should continue. I'm usually crappy at critiquing anyways....
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Yes, I do intend to write more! And thank you very much for such kind words! I appreciate it very much! Very Happy

I would post more soon about this short story I have made! Hope you will be waiting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:21 pm

The next day when I was about to visit my grandfather yet again, I caught a glimpse of a flower shop at the corner. Somehow it intrigued me in an odd way; I have the need to enter the said store. Upon my entrance, my eyes of coffee brown as my grandfather would say, gazed around the store and found a lot of various flowers that I had taken seen and others that I have not in my whole life. But only one managed to take my attention, it was couple of small white flowers that was not something to be noticed at all. The placement of the plant was at a lonely corner and blocked by Anthuriums, Roses and such. I approached it and out of nowhere a faint conversation entered my mind.

“Did you know they mean Innocence and Eternal love?”

“Yeah… I know that’s why I’m giving it to you…”

“And that’s why it’s my favorite flower…”

Then a warm voice brought me back to reality as I was in a trance. I quickly turned to look at the source of the voice and found an elderly woman. From the looks of it, she was the owner of the flower shop.

“The orange blossoms have just bloomed.”

I remained quiet for a while for the question has yet to sink in. Gazing at the said flowers before me, I had a small smile on my face which I had no idea where it came from at all. That was when I said something so familiar to me yet so far.

“This is her favorite flower.”

The old woman took a couple of white flowers and had a gentle smile on her face. Her face was lined with wrinkles but one could tell that it came from smiling and not from the sadness life can bring to a person. However, there was this feeling that I had met her somewhere before.

“Innocence and Eternal love… that is what this flower means… I can only say that this girl was a romantic… Would you buy her another bouquet again?”

Surprised and a matching blush was upon my face, it was much unexpected. The elder woman talked to him as if he had always come by here buying the same flower always. I was truly at confusion as of now, from the conversations that echoed in my head and the familiarity of the old woman to him.

“Pardon me, do I know you?”

The elderly woman gave a soft chuckle at such a question. It seemed the woman took it as a sign of my embarrassment instead of a serious question and simply left me for a moment. A puzzled look was upon my face as I decided to leave. I was late enough as it is. But that was when the shop owner returned with a bouquet of this ‘orange blossoms’.

“Here take it. It had been long since, I have seen you around here. This is on the house, now young man. Go and give it her.”

I was completely at a lost when I was literally pushed out of the shop, carrying the orange blossoms bouquet. No idea to whom, I could give it at all. There was no important girl in my life as of now. Sighing, I thought of a possible receiver of it. After that, I went to the hospital but went first to Sapphire’s room to drop off the flowers. There was no difference in her state yesterday. I shook my head feeling pity for her state and placed the flower in the empty vase. There was nothing else for me to do in here, so I decided to take my leave. That was when I hear a soft voice calling my name.

“…Zeke…”

My eyes were wide open from the surprise at the source of it. Sapphire was the one who spoke my name. I was shocked beyond compare because she knew my name above all. Second, she spoke! Third, why do I feel so happy? Those were the questions running through my mind and the only thing I could do at that time was leave the room. Escape the one object that made me very confused. I quickly entered my grandfather’s room, my grandfather gazed at me with such curious look.

“What is wrong?”

I closed the door and shrugged as I took a seat on the sofa. It was not the time to tell what I did earlier or what the woman said.

“Nothing…”

He looked at me for a long time discerning my expression afterwards a sigh emitted from him as if knowing what I really did.

“You visited Sapphire didn’t you?”

My eyes gazed at my grandfather that had a serious look all over his face while on mine; I had a surprised look because he knew me. There was no use lying to him so I gave a nod answering his question and then decided to read a comic that I had left there yesterday. There was no way I can’t look at him for now, my emotions are in turmoil. Did I do the right thing? Am I an idiot? I do not even know the girl! Sighing, I gave my full attention to the reading material in hand so; I did not notice my grandfather’s meaningful smile.

Later on that day, I decided to confront my problem once again. Yes, that is what I call her as of now. I entered the room without knocking because there was no need for it. But instead of the scene where Sapphire was simply sleeping another girl was there looking at me with such a shock.

“Who are you?!”

It was such a surprise for me to fight another person inside. What was I thinking? Sapphire had a friend or family that would look after her. She was not some person that was abandoned. No one can do that t her, that is what I was sure of. Snapping out of my thoughts, I had to answer the girl who had the look of disbelief in her face. I was not sure why however; it was complete shock upon her face. I cannot tell her the truth she might think; I am a pervert or a stalker.

“I’m a friend from school… I was just visiting… sorry if I startled you… I thought no one was around…”

The girl that resembled Sapphire gave me a suspicious look. It was natural for her to doubt what I had said however, she still approached me.

“…No it was okay…I thought I knew you… But, it seemed you are not that person…”

The said female gazed at Sapphire who remained in her comatose state. She had a sad look on her face which made my heart go to her. She took a deep breath and looked at me once again.

“I’m Chloe… Her younger sister… I’m happy that a friend of hers visited.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down