FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Game OCC - Closed

2 posters

Go down

The Game OCC - Closed  Empty The Game OCC - Closed

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:28 am

This is not an running RP topic, but a brainstorming session about an RP being revised for a novel. It is placed here for the sake of the Author, DarkGoddess, and Co-Author, Phi Chisyn. There is the possibility of this story being ran as a One-On-One. If this happens, and you would like to comment on its progress, then fell free to contact the Author or Co-Author via email. But please, do not comment on this thread.

Alright, for our sakes, DG, I'm posting as much of the basic information on here for our use. We can take one section at a time and rework it. Then, I'll repost the new information in the old area to avoid holding onto old news. I will save all of our notes on USDW, and keep a save for yourself as well, DG.

Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

The Game OCC - Closed  Empty Original Altered Plot Line for RP

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 am

Anima's Game
Originally The Anima Society, by DarkGoddess. Co-Gmed by Smash and Phi Chisym

The music video for Savin Me, by Nickelback http://www.mtv.com/videos/?id=1536862

~The Story~

You were on the verge of reaching your end; a simple car crash, an unorthodox accident at work, or an intentional threat to end your life...

One of the numerous ways for someone to die was chosen for you. Your number's up...yet, you still breathe. Why?

Maybe there was a stranger, who just happened to cross your path, reached out a hand to pull you out of the burning car before it exploded...maybe a friend at work realized you were in danger and warned you before the forklift dropped the heavy crates on top of you...maybe, just maybe there was a sweet old lady with the kindest voice, coaxing the young gentleman to put the gun down.

"Don't shoot. Murder is not the answer for revenge."

They were there, just at the nick of time, and never seen again. Who are they?

All you know is what you remember. A compassionate Good Samaritian who rushed to your aid, without a care or concern for their own safety. But, strangely, at their touch, your whole world turned red.

[font=Times New Roman]You are part of a blessed/cursed group of people who can see when a person's time on earth is about done. You don't know why you've been chosen for this task, you don't even know what the glowing red numbers mean, until you see someone actually die. However, when you realize what it is, you find life to be more complicated that you once thought it was...and the game begins.

You have now entered the Anima's Game, a chance for rebirth played on the celestial chest board hovering between good and evil. You are just a game piece, with no choice on participating, just on how you play the game itself. Your strategy, you have none. Yet, you have been blessed with certain abilities which allow you to survive to fight another day. Your greatest power already possessed, is your emotions...how you handle the pressure. And the greatest gift of all, The Four Loves: Personal, Brotherly, Physical, and Unconditional.They are the only things standing between you, and your enemies...

The only way to win this game is to stay insync to your emotions, and the emotions of your new family, reach the peak to Unconditional Love, and watch the world change. And the prize...

Existance.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

The Game OCC - Closed  Empty Re: The Game OCC - Closed

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 am

Vocab: - Due for reconstruction.

Anima - Soul

Anima Salvato - Saved souls. A saved soul is someone who was a stillborn, who was reborn by God himself, Angelo - Higher level, or someone who was saved by another Salvato, freed from death's grasp, Salvato - lower level.

Your job is to save the Innocent who's numbers are on the verge on extinction, and stop the Vuotas from touching others.

Only two Angelos are allowed on Earth at all times: The Master and Apprentince.

Anima Vuota - Empty souls. A saved soul who fell into an extremely deep depression due to their lack faith and their emotional weakness, Vouta - lower level, or a saved soul who have been completely emptied of all emotion, Daemon - higher level.

Their job is to end as many Innocent counts as they can, blowing out the candle for the many faithful and changing the corrupt into Vuotas. They also play the friendship card with Salvatos, befriending them, taking their emotions for a sinful rollercoaster ride until they are lost. And with a little bit of luck, their emotions are weak enough for the picking, turning a Salvato into a Vuota.

Only two Daemons are allowed on Earth at all times: The Master and Apprentince.

Innocents: Humans untouched by any Anima. A Vuota's touch will distort a human's ability to cope with situations, alter their perception, and confuse them well enough to cause them to have an accident of some form. Or they can do the same to other humans so they can cause a domino effect. Their goal is to weaken the hearts and minds of humans, for a speedy demize. If the Salvatos are not capable of saving the Innocent, the game will slowly turn for the Voutas, and the being they are fighting for.

Anima's Touch: The uncanny ability to end a person's number count by a simple touch. Vuotas are the only Anima capable of such. Salvatos do not have the ability to touch a person and bring them back to life. No. Their touch will transfer the Anima Touch to the saved one, turning them into a Salvato. It does not happen all the time, it is very random and very rare.

If you do decide to create a Salvato, it will be your NPC, and a canidate for death. We don't want too may charries to keep up with, just the ones we have. NPC's will be just for show, for the moment, and short lived.

Ability List: All abilities come with time. ((Both Salvato and Vuota))

Psychic - Someone who can read into a person's thought, sense their emotions. Can even alter their thoughts to avoid fatal mistakes. (Only use on NPC Humans) Can also scurry their history.

Drawback - Their emotional state is the weakest of the group. They have a constant connection to everyone's emotions, and this burden of sorrow will slow their ability down. They are the most vunerable, and easiest for a Vuota to turn.

Telepath: Speaks to others through mind waves. (Can be used on Anima.) Can also place themselves or others within dreams, or memories of their past, to alter furure outcomes. (Cannot be used on Anima.)

Drawback - Will weaken with use, causing the Anima to hear the voices of the Vouta with the same ability. It will give the Vouta a connection to jump into their dreams when wanted, and coast them down the empty path.

Matter Manipulation: Able to alter matter around the atmosphere to avert accidents from the Innocent. Any solid, liquid, or gas, and its many altered forms. With proper training, can also return said matter back to its original status before it was altered.

Drawback: Can backfire when emotions are higher in anger, or hatred. Must maintain a constant balance of heart in order to maintain control of the matter. If not, a lot of Innocent lives will be lost due to their weakened actions. The Anima can lose hope of their abilities and soon fall into a depression fitting for a Vouta to pick at.

Jumper: A person with the ability to jump through a person's time. They can phase through their space and hours, backwards or forwards to set a person's reality, avoiding a fatality. A living DVD Player, more or less. (Can use on Anima, but cannot enter their past, or future. Just jumps within the present.)

Drawback - Their original number count drops everytime they jump. In the end, when they regain their numbers, they would have lost at least a year or two. The loss of count will visibly alter the Anima's apperance, making them look and feel older than they really are. If many situations, this will cause a lot of conflict, pains, and make things difficult for the Anima to handle...causing sickness, and depression.

Time Bender: Has the ability to raise or lower the life numbers of an Innocent. They can also slow, or stop time in a particular area, placing Innocents in limbo. Placing their numbers on pause. ((Does not fuction on Anima))

Drawback - Ran by the emotions of the Anima, and their Will. One can feel like helping another, even wanting to help, but their will and emotions about the cause will alter their choice of action, or inaction. If they would like to, but don't want to for any number of reasons, then surly they will not. Also causes the Anima to fall into a deeper limbo of their own, making it harder to regain their numbers if the game is won.

Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

I have a copy saved and at my disposal Smile

So where would you like to start? I don't have the past versions available (they're on the family computer back home), but I'm trying to get in contact with Roderick and Sean (Guitar) for permission to use their characters. They're usually on around this time but not right now. I'll keep trying.

The way I see it, there's 4 things we need to work on, not in this particular order:

1. Plot
2. Powers
3. Backstories
4. Characters

What would you like to start on?
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 am

Wonderful, catching up with the Shanghai Connection! I miss those guys. RPed with them in The Shattered Sword and Fruits of Eden. Great times! I believe I have their emails...just have to search through my files.

I'll try to get Zach again - he's romping around the nation again, as usual. If I catch him, I'll ask about his Allan as well. He'll probably want to assist again, since he's the one who came up with the whole Vuota concept. I just gave it a name. IDK.

I say let's take door number one and two. They are a part of each other anyways.

I say we toy around with the plot first though. We can look into what was done in the past RPs, what actually worked, and what we would like to avoid. Then, make a basic outline of the main actions that will move the story to the conclusion we would like.

Oh, the ending! That's a good place to start.

1. Do we want to consider an ending that is complete, or one that continues? If so, into a second book, or trilogy? I say no more than three, but it all depends on what conflicts our charries go through, and what gets resolved.

2. What kind of ending do you want? Regardless if it ends or continues into a series, for thie first book do we want a decent ending, a flat ending, or a tragic ending? Happy, sad, indifferent, confusing?

In the RP notes, we were trying to work our way through the conflict in order to end it with a battle that sends both opposite deities back into their domains - never to return to earth - and their apprentinces take over where they left off. This would be an indifferent ending, I believe, because there is no good or bad, no victor or loser. There's no way to tell where the story will go from there except through the actions of those who are left behind - the newly trained Salvatos, the chaotic Vuotas, and their new leaders.

I really don't know if that's the way to go. It's as if there's nothing else to read about anymore...but there is.

Forgot, there was the idea that a seed was planted, and a tree grew - figuratively speaking. Even though things were cleaned up a bit after the final battlle, and life returned somewhat, someone or something else stepped in to twist everything around - and things started up again - worst than ever.

IDK, scanning through old notes of mine. I believe that was a Josh concept, but his had something more to it...just can't find where those particular notes are located right now.

Oh bother, well let's play around with these thoughts. If we come up with an ending that sounds good, then we can work our main plot to follow, using the conflicts from the RPs to build on.

Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 am

So this is for the ending of the first book?(Oops, sorry, left my japanese keyboard on xD)

If we go forward into a multi-book series, I don't think we should close off the ending of the first book entirely. I like both of those ideas, but I feel if we go into a trilogy, should we be closing off the plot nearly completely by the end of the first book? I mean, I've seen it work in some circumstances but it may be difficult to get all our ideas into one book. I don't know. That's just my worry about it but if you think we can make it work then we'll give it a go Smile

Oh, and by the way Roderick has given permission for Charles to be used! I'm still waiting for Sean to get online though, hahahah.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:13 am

HAHA!

NO, I believe you're right...the whole big battle doesn't quite feel right...that's why I'm slightly uncomfortable about it. Maybe, the end of the first book should be when Maxine is saved and the whole Rarity trait she has is revealed. The beginning of most of the sub-stories will start here.

Then, the second book explains why a Rarity is such a vital thing and the fight to claim her begins, all the while both sides are fighting each other. The sub-stories, well most of them, will be completed, and others will begin or continue through to the third book.

And then the last book will be the ultimate, where everything is revealed and answered.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:37 am

If that's the pattern we're doing, then, would the second book end with Max choosing her side? Or would that be a continuing plot line as well? Because--and don't get me wrong, you know your character better than anyone--but she strikes me as someone who will waffle back and forth until the last possible moment.

I'm assuming the first ending will be the traditional one Smile I mean, I can't imagine Max biting the bullet in any way except in the way of Phantom of the Opera now...if that's how we do it, we could either break off rather suddenly, not give it a real ending. Or we could come up with some false endings for all the plot lines in the first book. It's up to you.

Cadence's story sort of revolves around Max's unless we give her a sideplot. Originally, I had planned for Stefan to have loved her, and it was that love that had gone unrequited that pushed him off the deep end into being a Vuota. But Stefan's plot is a little thick and I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to wind that into it as well.

What is Osana's role in all this? Obviously she's the Rarity on the Vuota side, and her goal is to bring Max to her side. But what else? She's very similar to Stefan. She has some grand scheme but no one is quite sure of the magnitude.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm

If that's the pattern we're doing, then, would the second book end with Max choosing her side? Or would that be a continuing plot line as well? Because--and don't get me wrong, you know your character better than anyone--but she strikes me as someone who will waffle back and forth until the last possible moment.

I've done a questionair for Maxine, and I've come up with something similar. She doesn't have a bad family history or anything, but she's been a victim of being bullied throughout her childhood, reason why Taffy and her had become such strong friends. So, Max is not a very strong person emotionally, even though she shows herself to be strong on the outside with her talents.

So, yea, I'm seeing something breaking her and Sky apart, and something that eliminates her stronger side (Taffy), which brings her to Osana. But, I can only see that happening after she's saved and she learns that she's a Rarity. Then, she'll understand why Osana's been stalking her, wanting to be her friend, because they are the same. So, in the second book, Max will be torn from her friends emotionally and is pulled to the Vuotas. So, the third book will have this fight (for Maxine) and the other, bringing the whole series to an ultimate end.

I'm assuming the first ending will be the traditional one I mean, I can't imagine Max biting the bullet in any way except in the way of Phantom of the Opera now...if that's how we do it, we could either break off rather suddenly, not give it a real ending. Or we could come up with some false endings for all the plot lines in the first book. It's up to you.

No, I can't really see Maxine going either. Noting thought, I do want to use Taffeda, killing off her in order to send Max over the edge in the second book. But, tell me your ideas about the false ending? Are you thinking that we have a major cliff hanger, having the last scene in the book being Maxine's emergency - the situation she's ends up being in (which could be a little of Skyler's fault for fuel in the second book) and except showing her being saved, we hang it up with her in the dangerous situation with Skyler, or someone unknown, rushing to the scene. All the reader will be left with is her falling off a cliff or something with no one close enough to save her.

But someone is there...

They'll find how who in book 2!

If that's what you were thinking about, somewhat, then YEA!!! Let's go for it!

Cadence's story sort of revolves around Max's unless we give her a sideplot. Originally, I had planned for Stefan to have loved her, and it was that love that had gone unrequited that pushed him off the deep end into being a Vuota. But Stefan's plot is a little thick and I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to wind that into it as well.

K, with Cadence, she should have a sideplot because she's the apprentince Angelo - the one who will take over monitoring on Earth when Zander leaves. She is the other main charrie in this story because her story is vital to Maxine's survivial - as well as everyone elses.

Her past connection with Stefan is good, perfect even; and I can see her actually building a wonderful friendship/relationship. Charles is a neat charrie, the type of man every gal looks for, and Cady needs someone beside her who she can talk to. I don't know if he should he a human who believes in angels and will understand her well enough to not freak out if she reveals what she is; or do we want him to be a Salvato? I like the human side for some reason - I guess to have anothe human in the story. It would be interesting to see how such a relationship can go. And all of this will totally piss Stefan off - gives him a reason to want to become the next Daemon.

And on Stefan's history, it all depends on what it is and how we can use it. If it has anything vital that can be utilize in his quest for Daemon, then we can probably find a way to add it. He's going to have to have something to get him over Adriel, David (If we use them), and Aiden. Conway and the bikers will only be a tool for the Daemon to use. I don't believe I'll use the sub-story of him and Osana. The twisted substory between Aiden and Osana sounds more interesting to me.

What is Osana's role in all this? Obviously she's the Rarity on the Vuota side, and her goal is to bring Max to her side. But what else? She's very similar to Stefan. She has some grand scheme but no one is quite sure of the magnitude.

She's not such a big charrie. In the first book she is, because she's the tool the Daemon is using to find other Rarities. She knows she's a tool and she hates it, and this is why she will slowly move towards Aiden's aid - until she realizes that he was using her as well for his own gain. So, she goes solo and winds up working with Stefan because he seems to not have an agenda for helping her out.

Her thing is simple - she's lonely. She's the only Rarity anyone knows about and in the Vuotas' group, she is an enigma that no one is comfortable dealing with. She has a bit of the Daemon in her, as well as an Angelo - that makes other Vuotas uncomfortable.

She truly wants Maxine to be her friend, another person like her she can relate to, but her means of making friends is well...very vuota. She is indifferent about losing her entire soul (or life) for Adriel, and would rather her and Maxine runaway in order to avoid the battle. So, she feels it's vital that she sways Max to be her friend and leave before anything goes wrong. She believe that Adriel does not know anything about Max...but, he does. Osana will lose her life in the end, to save Maxine from being taken by Adriel before the grand battle. Her last act on earth will be more....Sal. (A little twist.)

If that sounds worth it, then great. It will eliminate another charrie from the story and give us a plan for getting Maxine away from the Vuotas.

K, G2G, heading to Abilene for a Bday party tomorrow. I'll be back that night, so I might get a chance to get respond to more questions.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:15 am

Phi Chisym wrote:I've done a questionair for Maxine, and I've come up with something similar. She doesn't have a bad family history or anything, but she's been a victim of being bullied throughout her childhood, reason why Taffy and her had become such strong friends. So, Max is not a very strong person emotionally, even though she shows herself to be strong on the outside with her talents.

So, yea, I'm seeing something breaking her and Sky apart, and something that eliminates her stronger side (Taffy), which brings her to Osana. But, I can only see that happening after she's saved and she learns that she's a Rarity. Then, she'll understand why Osana's been stalking her, wanting to be her friend, because they are the same. So, in the second book, Max will be torn from her friends emotionally and is pulled to the Vuotas. So, the third book will have this fight (for Maxine) and the other, bringing the whole series to an ultimate end.

Sounds like a plan. For me, the biggest thing to consider is what will break Skylar from Maxine? He's pretty weak-hearted, but if there's one thing about him, it's that he's insanely devoted to Max. He's always hating on himself for bringing this upon Max, but I don't think it's strong enough to push him away from her. I see Sky as needing the devotion Max gives him.

Wait, have we decided whether the Anima can die or not? We could use that in some way if need be, but would it be too much, killing off Skylar AND Taffy? If not, I think we should address it in that way. If it is too much, we may need to introduce a side character of sorts for him. Perhaps a sister? If we introduce a relative that drags up some dark things from his past, maybe that would convince him to leave Max, because he's holding her back? I don't know, these thoughts are coming from my head unfiltered. What do you think?

Phi Chisym wrote:No, I can't really see Maxine going either. Noting thought, I do want to use Taffeda, killing off her in order to send Max over the edge in the second book. But, tell me your ideas about the false ending? Are you thinking that we have a major cliff hanger, having the last scene in the book being Maxine's emergency - the situation she's ends up being in (which could be a little of Skyler's fault for fuel in the second book) and except showing her being saved, we hang it up with her in the dangerous situation with Skyler, or someone unknown, rushing to the scene. All the reader will be left with is her falling off a cliff or something with no one close enough to save her.

But someone is there...

They'll find how who in book 2!

If that's what you were thinking about, somewhat, then YEA!!! Let's go for it!

Sounds awesome! Actually, if you want to bring a mystery person into it, would it be too heroic for Osana? Like, Osana's always lurking somewhere nearby. If she sees her once chance for a true friend about to die off, she may rush to the aid. Also, then it wouldn't seem so random for Max to turn to Osana for support after her friend's death and her boyfriend breaking up with her. It could also help to fuel Max's suspicions against the side of the Salvatoes, because I know Cadence will just want to rush her away from Osana as quickly as possible. If Osana saves Max, then Cady tells her that Osana's evil, would Maxine question why Cady thinks that? Without a good reason for Cady to explain, it will help the Rarity sympathize with vuotas as well.

Phi Chisym wrote:K, with Cadence, she should have a sideplot because she's the apprentince Angelo - the one who will take over monitoring on Earth when Zander leaves. She is the other main charrie in this story because her story is vital to Maxine's survivial - as well as everyone elses.

Her past connection with Stefan is good, perfect even; and I can see her actually building a wonderful friendship/relationship. Charles is a neat charrie, the type of man every gal looks for, and Cady needs someone beside her who she can talk to. I don't know if he should he a human who believes in angels and will understand her well enough to not freak out if she reveals what she is; or do we want him to be a Salvato? I like the human side for some reason - I guess to have anothe human in the story. It would be interesting to see how such a relationship can go. And all of this will totally piss Stefan off - gives him a reason to want to become the next Daemon.

And on Stefan's history, it all depends on what it is and how we can use it. If it has anything vital that can be utilize in his quest for Daemon, then we can probably find a way to add it. He's going to have to have something to get him over Adriel, David (If we use them), and Aiden. Conway and the bikers will only be a tool for the Daemon to use. I don't believe I'll use the sub-story of him and Osana. The twisted substory between Aiden and Osana sounds more interesting to me.

I like the idea of having Stefan's unrequitted love be the motivation behind becoming Daemon. Not only does he crave power, but I can see him craving the idea of not having these painful feelings burden him every step of the way. Daemons, it is reference, feel nothing. I know Stefan craves that emptiness at the same time.

I never looked into Stefan's past very much. My idea of Stefan is of a chemeleon. He changes his guise for every person he meets. At the same time, though, he always tries to play off his past like it doesn't matter. I always did that because A: It fit his personality, and B: I wouldn't have to develop the backstory. Stefan's an oddity of mine, he sprouted in my head fully grown, I know exactly who he is. Right. At. That. Moment.

I don't know any of his past, except that in 6th grade, Cady saved him from being hit by a car. Cady had been his first and only crush and she only saw him as a friend. She tried to help him through the transition, but her lack of knowledge frustrated him, and the numbers twisted his mind into who he is today.

He's always been rather smart and devious. He's always had a high charisma. He's like the snake in the Adam and Eve story, smooth-talking, able to twist all logic for his benefit. I suppose I could give him roots in some underground scenes if need be. Maybe he'd have a small group of vuotas he's been training? Training them to protect themselves from the Fraternity he hates so much? I don't know. Once again, spewing ideas. Osana had been the tool I used for him beforehand, but he never treated her as a tool because he wanted to build a good relationship with her for when he ascended to the role of Daemon.

Cadence: I loved her and Charles together. I'll be blunt about it. Roderick did as well xD. But as Charles never really used his powers in the RP, I could see him easily being converted to a human power. If he is human, however, I know Cadence. She'll keep a very close eye on his Numbers. And that might cause problems. Unless he has a long lifespan that is not toyed with over the course of the stories, we won't run into problems. But if Stefan finds out about Charles...I fear for the guy. Stefan won't let Charles get in the way of carrying out his plan, but he will go out of his way to threaten the guy's life.

Maybe if he's human, Stefan would go out of his way to shorten the guy's Numbers, and Cady would use her powers to pull Charles safely out of the way? In that method, he'd keep his Numbers, but Cady would have some explaining to do. She tries to be sneaky in using her powers, but if she panicked she wouldn't even try to hide what she's saying. She'd yell into his head to get out of the way. Charles would recognize her voice, even through his mind. She'd have to explain what she is.

I could see that happening Smile What do you think?

Phi Chisym wrote:She's not such a big charrie. In the first book she is, because she's the tool the Daemon is using to find other Rarities. She knows she's a tool and she hates it, and this is why she will slowly move towards Aiden's aid - until she realizes that he was using her as well for his own gain. So, she goes solo and winds up working with Stefan because he seems to not have an agenda for helping her out.

Her thing is simple - she's lonely. She's the only Rarity anyone knows about and in the Vuotas' group, she is an enigma that no one is comfortable dealing with. She has a bit of the Daemon in her, as well as an Angelo - that makes other Vuotas uncomfortable.

She truly wants Maxine to be her friend, another person like her she can relate to, but her means of making friends is well...very vuota. She is indifferent about losing her entire soul (or life) for Adriel, and would rather her and Maxine runaway in order to avoid the battle. So, she feels it's vital that she sways Max to be her friend and leave before anything goes wrong. She believe that Adriel does not know anything about Max...but, he does. Osana will lose her life in the end, to save Maxine from being taken by Adriel before the grand battle. Her last act on earth will be more....Sal. (A little twist.)

If that sounds worth it, then great. It will eliminate another charrie from the story and give us a plan for getting Maxine away from the Vuotas.

So wait. Is Osana going to align herself with Stefan or not? I'm fine with either way, it's up to you. But we need to make sure we know what we're doing first. I like Osana's plot, I believe. But if you see any problems with it, feel free to bring it up.

Hope you had fun at the party!
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:47 am

Sounds like a plan. For me, the biggest thing to consider is what will break Skylar from Maxine? He's pretty weak-hearted, but if there's one thing about him, it's that he's insanely devoted to Max. He's always hating on himself for bringing this upon Max, but I don't think it's strong enough to push him away from her. I see Sky as needing the devotion Max gives him.

True. The only thing I can see is having another person move in between them. Allan, Smash's charrie, was to be that one - the Anima who turned Vuota. I was going to have him as a part of Phi Mu (second year student) and under Osana's command, was going to be the one who actually saves Maxine and waltzes her away from Skyler.

Skyler's main issue is that he does not want to see another person he loves taken away from him by a Vuota. His mother died before him; he didn't understand then, but he wished he helped her in some way. Now, the background story Ottie had is different than this, but the concept is the same. I wanted to add a bit to it to give him more of a reason for all his actions and emotions.

My version is that when he was saved, he learned quickly what the game was all about just didn't know why he was chose to play it. His mother soon befriended a Vuota and Skyler tried his best to talk her out of seeing the guy, but she wouldn't listen to her young son. The Vuota targeted his mother because he's a Salvato. It's worth more to turn a Salvato than a human, and a lot more fun. So, the Vuota was attempting a double win: tear the Sal down until he turns Vuo, and snag a new Vuo by taking his mother. Skyler didn't want this to happen and tried his best to protect her with his powers - which worked. The Vuo, unfortunately, became frustrated, but instead of attacking Skyler up front to get him out of the way, he just decided to kill his mother instead. Skyler didn't make it in time to save her, which dragged him into this funk he's in. He tried to avoid the number, avoid people, avoid life; but that's impossible. He had to live, he had to survive, so he returned to school - mainly to avoid living with his father who became a pain to live with after his wife's death.

With a background like this, it give him his reasons for avoiding telling Maxine how he truly felt about her after a year of college together. He didn't want a Vuo to target her because she's with him. This is also why he tried to keep everything from her. Vuos will target humans who know what Animas are and who know one personally. Vuos will use them to pull at a Sal's heartstrings, to break their emotions down, and to watch them suffer the cold hard truth that they are failures if that human is killed or turned. True, Skyler needs Maxine for strength; she's the reason why he's trying to chance. He has a reason now to live a full life and to fight. But, he's already suffered once - he sees himself to be a failure already with the loss of his mother. He's not so weak to break easially, but if anything happens to Maxine, he's either going to break or fight till the death for her. This situation with her will either make him a stronger Sal, or a vunerable one.

Wait, have we decided whether the Anima can die or not? We could use that in some way if need be, but would it be too much, killing off Skylar AND Taffy? If not, I think we should address it in that way. If it is too much, we may need to introduce a side character of sorts for him. Perhaps a sister? If we introduce a relative that drags up some dark things from his past, maybe that would convince him to leave Max, because he's holding her back? I don't know, these thoughts are coming from my head unfiltered. What do you think?

No, we haven't decided about Anima's deaths - even though, I believe that if they die, their souls are not claimed. They are unspoken for, I think...if that makes any sense. It's like they will live out their lives in purgatory - sitting in the middle of heaven and hell, never to go one way or the other. That's like worse than being a Vuota, to me. IDK, it's kinda farfetched, cause would that truly be death enough for them? And would it matter for a Vuota who's practically soul-less as is?

(This is definitely second book material.)
Now Taffy will stay as a human and die as one. I don't think she needs to turn, but she will be targeted by the Vuos when Maxine is saved. It will be one of the things they'll use against her - the life of her friend. The whole Skyler thing can be involved in this too. He can fail at saving her as well, which brings Maxine over the edge and she lashes out at him for everything; claiming that she wished she'd never had met him. That will surely rip him apart. Maxine will run to Allan for comfort, and Skyler will fall into a deep pit of dispair - which will give Cady a really hard task of trying to save a Salvato before their soul dies and they turn into a Vuota. Cady will need Charles' support, as well as Zander's aid, for she's still growing as an Angelo and this task is out of her league.

Sounds awesome! Actually, if you want to bring a mystery person into it, would it be too heroic for Osana? Like, Osana's always lurking somewhere nearby. If she sees her once chance for a true friend about to die off, she may rush to the aid. Also, then it wouldn't seem so random for Max to turn to Osana for support after her friend's death and her boyfriend breaking up with her. It could also help to fuel Max's suspicions against the side of the Salvatoes, because I know Cadence will just want to rush her away from Osana as quickly as possible. If Osana saves Max, then Cady tells her that Osana's evil, would Maxine question why Cady thinks that? Without a good reason for Cady to explain, it will help the Rarity sympathize with vuotas as well.

It'll be Osana or Allan - not for sure which one. I guess it all depends on where we would like to see the story turn. I like the Osana twist to it, because that is a true twist, but is it too predictable? The whole Allan twist is predictable too, but if the reader doesn't know that he's a Vuota - if all they know is that he's just another student on campus - then it will become a true twist when he suddenly appears to rescue Maxine and she actually loses her numbers. I believe the Osana twist should come in the third book - when she learns about what a Rarity is really used for, and what happens to them afterwards.

Rarities hold both sides of the coin in this game - a bit of good and bad. If an Angelo or Daemon possesses a Rarity, they soak in their power (which streghtens their weak form), and they soak in the other power (which they can use to their advantage if it doesn't consume them whole first). Both the Angelo and Daemon are slightly weak on Earth and need that other piece of their puzzle to be whole, and they have their own way of soaking in that piece. An Angelo merges with the Rarity, keeping the other person whole but using them like a generator. The Daemon will actually feast on the Rarity, consuming the power and leaving nothing behind. The body's energy and nutrients will be used up, turning the shell into nothing but particles. The soul, if it escapes, is left wandering like a ghost.

Osana did not want this to happen to herself or Maxine. So, probably before the battle gets too big, she tries to kidnap Maxine to save her. She'll lose her life, but before she does she's going to replay things that she's overheard into Maxine's mind to prove to show her what the Daemon intends to do to her. To see this devoted Vuota suddenly turn for a friend is a true Salvato act. (She's a Rarity, holding both sides, and such an occurance can happen if the reasoning to her turning is strong enough in her heart. Saving a friend, after struggling so hard to snag her for herself, is an amazing show of compassion and friendship.) So, we can have both twist, but at different times and for different reasons.

If we do the Osana twist in the third book, then we'll need the Allan twist in the second, because the conflict Maxine grows to have against the things Cady tells her about Vuotas will confuse her, especially after being with Allan who shows her how great of a guy he is. Even Osana will actually turn into the good friend. Maxine's going to have a Vuota on her 24/7 - Allan - manipulating her thoughts and emotions (not with his powers but with his charm. Not quite sure which powers work on other Animas, or if they work on them at all ), as he slowly churns her into a Vuota. She's going to lose her memories about Osana's evil behavior before (in book one) and suddenly sees her as the best friend. Taffy is pushed away, and so is Skyler and all her other friends. So, all Maxine will know is Osana, Allan, and their Vuota friends - and they're going to be playing her like a harp. This would also be the opportunity for Osana and her to grow a close friendship - if will be fake and influenced by outside means, but Osana will start to show feelings for her, concerns for her new friend, which will fuel her emotions coming in the third book when she pulls her out of the Daemon's hands to warn her.

I like the idea of having Stefan's unrequited love be the motivation behind becoming Daemon. Not only does he crave power, but I can see him craving the idea of not having these painful feelings burden him every step of the way. Daemons, it is reference, feel nothing. I know Stefan craves that emptiness at the same time.

Love what you have for Stefan. That's a whole idea to tap into - him trying to tear away his empathy because he rather they apathetic to avoid being hurt again. Ouch! That's like dying without death.

And Osana will see him more as a partner in crime because he's not trying to use her. Therefore, he has her vote for the new Daemon and will work with him to see that he gets the job. Of course, they'll have to fight past David (if we use him at all), and Aiden, and then Adrieal so Stefan can get the spot; but Osana is very fluent in all three of them, having worked with them for so long. She knows Aiden's secrets now because she's been aiding him just to escape Adrieal, and she knows Adrieal's secrets - except the ones he's never revealed. She's the only person who's actually seen Adrieal, except for David, his apprentice; and soon Aiden when David is gone. And, the twist, she knows Adrieal's weaknesses. (He shouldn't have let her into his private heart. In order to build a plan to escape him, she's dove into his mind and heart a few times to learn where he's locked up all his emotions. They're dried out and dead, but still inside. This is another advantage for her and Stefan - possibly.)

Cadence: I loved her and Charles together. I'll be blunt about it. Roderick did as well xD. But as Charles never really used his powers in the RP, I could see him easily being converted to a human power. If he is human, however, I know Cadence. She'll keep a very close eye on his Numbers. And that might cause problems. Unless he has a long lifespan that is not toyed with over the course of the stories, we won't run into problems. But if Stefan finds out about Charles...I fear for the guy. Stefan won't let Charles get in the way of carrying out his plan, but he will go out of his way to threaten the guy's life.

Maybe if he's human, Stefan would go out of his way to shorten the guy's Numbers, and Cady would use her powers to pull Charles safely out of the way? In that method, he'd keep his Numbers, but Cady would have some explaining to do. She tries to be sneaky in using her powers, but if she panicked she wouldn't even try to hide what she's saying. She'd yell into his head to get out of the way. Charles would recognize her voice, even through his mind. She'd have to explain what she is.

Wow, I love this as well. It will help in growing a friendship and partnership with Skyler too. What she will be going through with keeping Charles safe is the same as what he went through trying to keep his mother safe, as well as with Maxine. She will truly understand what he's feeling and why he's so week, and will get to know him better through this connection. She'll then learn just how to work with Skyler, to build up his confidence and remind him that Maxine is not the same anymore - she's being influenced by Vuotas, just like his mother was years ago. The only way to keep Maxine away from death is for him to now coward, to show some backbone and fight for Maxine's life - just like he did for his mother. The difference this time is he won't be alone. Cady and the other Salvatos are there to help. There's the rally!

And Cady has another conflict: She's an underdeveloped Angelo who now has two humans being targeted by a whole society of Vuotas, and all she has on her side is a heartbroken Sal, and a small group of new Sals with hardly any experience in their powers. Don't know if this portion of her story will be in book one, or start in book two. I have a feeling that it will begin in book one, somewhere in the middle when Stefan notices the strange occurences of groups of Vuotas and Salvatos suddenly showing up on campus together. Upon his investigations he realizes that they are mostly targeting/protecting this one girl - Maxine. This is when he enters the game, finding Osana and Cady for a little chat; this is where Cady's problems begin.

When Stefan finds out that she's seeing Charles, then he'll go after him knowing that this will occupy her and keep her attention away from Maxine so Osana can get her. But, he has his own agenda with this plan - he wants Charles out...he wants Cady to suffer. He rather take her back for himself, but knowing that she'll never return to him then the best thing for him to do is to break her heart just like she did his. A brokenhearted Angelo is a vunerable one. It's hard to do, but it's worth it if successful. With Cady out of the way, Stefan can take Maxine's powers for himself and overtake the Daemon and anyone else who stands in his way.

Osana will help Stefan in this venture, becoming his apprentice if he succeeds. Then, if they get Maxine, he'll use her Rarity power and keep Osana's abilities intact. It doesn't matter though because Osana's going to give her life away to save Maxine so the Daemon will not have that extra boost. When he is eliminated, and Osana, Aiden, and David are no longer in the picture, the one Vuota left strong enough to take his place will be Stafan. And the whole circle of the game starts over again....or, does it?

K, heading to bed. I had a great time at the party, but ended up getting injured trying to save a three year old from getting hit with a bat used for pinatas. She walked right up to the circle while the swinger was blindfolded and swinging away with an aluminum bat. So, I rushed up to her, grabbed her and turned around before the bat hit her head. I got it right across my shoulderblades and collarbone. My Rt. shoulder blade and collar bone are cracked - hairline fracture in my collar bone and a good size fracture in my shoulder blade. I've got a brace on my arm now and it's hard for me to move my neck. I'm drugged up big time now, reason why I'm able to type so much without crying. So, before the meds dry out, I'm going to pop a few more and head to bed. Hopefully everything makes since on this, cause I'm floating. LOL! Later
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 am

Phi Chisym wrote:True. The only thing I can see is having another person move in between them. Allan, Smash's charrie, was to be that one - the Anima who turned Vuota. I was going to have him as a part of Phi Mu (second year student) and under Osana's command, was going to be the one who actually saves Maxine and waltzes her away from Skyler.

My version is that when he was saved, he learned quickly what the game was all about just didn't know why he was chose to play it. His mother soon befriended a Vuota and Skyler tried his best to talk her out of seeing the guy, but she wouldn't listen to her young son. The Vuota targeted his mother because he's a Salvato. It's worth more to turn a Salvato than a human, and a lot more fun. So, the Vuota was attempting a double win: tear the Sal down until he turns Vuo, and snag a new Vuo by taking his mother. Skyler didn't want this to happen and tried his best to protect her with his powers - which worked. The Vuo, unfortunately, became frustrated, but instead of attacking Skyler up front to get him out of the way, he just decided to kill his mother instead. Skyler didn't make it in time to save her, which dragged him into this funk he's in. He tried to avoid the number, avoid people, avoid life; but that's impossible. He had to live, he had to survive, so he returned to school - mainly to avoid living with his father who became a pain to live with after his wife's death.

With a background like this, it give him his reasons for avoiding telling Maxine how he truly felt about her after a year of college together. He didn't want a Vuo to target her because she's with him. This is also why he tried to keep everything from her. Vuos will target humans who know what Animas are and who know one personally. Vuos will use them to pull at a Sal's heartstrings, to break their emotions down, and to watch them suffer the cold hard truth that they are failures if that human is killed or turned. True, Skyler needs Maxine for strength; she's the reason why he's trying to change. He has a reason now to live a full life and to fight. But, he's already suffered once - he sees himself to be a failure already with the loss of his mother. He's not so weak to break easially, but if anything happens to Maxine, he's either going to break or fight till the death for her. This situation with her will either make him a stronger Sal, or a vulnerable one.

Sounds good. Skyler 's gonna have quite the adventure in front of him. It'll be difficult for him, but for him it's gonna either end up good, or bad. I'm hoping for the good, because it seems that the Salvato side is grossly outmatched. Also, I"ve grown to be quite fond of the little guy. He's the type of character that, half the time my heart goes out to him and the other half of the time, I want to strangle him because he needs to grow a backbone.

But seriously, I think that he'll end up being one of the characters that changes most throughout the story. I look forward to seeing how he grows over the course of the stories. Within him, I see the potential to be someone, not proud or aggressive, but...assertive? I think that's the word I'm thinking of. I can see him being an assertive, grounded person.

Now Taffy will stay as a human and die as one. I don't think she needs to turn, but she will be targeted by the Vuos when Maxine is saved. It will be one of the things they'll use against her - the life of her friend. The whole Skyler thing can be involved in this too. He can fail at saving her as well, which brings Maxine over the edge and she lashes out at him for everything; claiming that she wished she'd never had met him. That will surely rip him apart. Maxine will run to Allan for comfort, and Skyler will fall into a deep pit of dispair - which will give Cady a really hard task of trying to save a Salvato before their soul dies and they turn into a Vuota. Cady will need Charles' support, as well as Zander's aid, for she's still growing as an Angelo and this task is out of her league.

I have some ideas churning for Cady to help Skyler out of this, but I have no idea if they're work out. Right now, they still need some formation so let me think on them a little more and then I'll present them. I just don't want to try and explain them to you now while they're fuzzy and only half formed.

Zander is a character I've never had much interaction with. As a result, I don't know who he is. I know that, in the TPA vision, he was the first Anima, and as a result he was part of neither side. But now he's head Angelo and that's something I can't wrap my head around. That being said, I don't know how to factor in Zander's aid for Cadence. The loving father? The strict teacher? That's a problem for me. I can't really build on that plot without knowing more about him.

No, we haven't decided about Anima's deaths - even though, I believe that if they die, their souls are not claimed. They are unspoken for, I think...if that makes any sense. It's like they will live out their lives in purgatory - sitting in the middle of heaven and hell, never to go one way or the other. That's like worse than being a Vuota, to me. IDK, it's kinda farfetched, cause would that truly be death enough for them? And would it matter for a Vuota who's practically soul-less as is?
Ok, first I'm going to focus on the Vuota if that's all right?

I don't see the Vuotas as soulless. I see them almost as if their souls are ragged, worn and frayed. On the end of falling apart, but still holding together. To me, it seems as if they act without a soul, but that doesn't mean the soul isn't there. They're pushing the soul to the side, almost as if to protect it from being torn apart any more. But it can be repaired. That's why they can return to the side of the Salvatoes, if they're strong enough to show their souls to the world. Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense?

Now, for Animas' deaths. I'm thinking in similar terms as you are, but rather than having them exist in purgatory, I'm thinking of pushing the idea of living without numbers even further. The entire idea of Anima is that they aren't supposed to be there, but they live anyway. Maybe when they die, their bodies are destroyed but having died without numbers means they gain acceptance neither to Heaven or to Hell.: They're bound to the Earth until the battle is over, and the prevailing side is the side in which they'll be sent to. So, (using Osana as an example) Osana kills herself in order to save Maxine. But she still exists, she's still bound to the Earth. She can see how everything plays out but she has no play in the matter.

But should the Angelo/Salvato side win, she, along with the rest of the soulbound Anima, will be sent to heaven. But if the Daemon/Vuota side prevails, she and the rest will be sent to Hell. So not only is this battle for the souls on Earth, it's also for their own souls.

It'll be Osana or Allan - not for sure which one. I guess it all depends on where we would like to see the story turn. I like the Osana twist to it, because that is a true twist, but is it too predictable? The whole Allan twist is predictable too, but if the reader doesn't know that he's a Vuota - if all they know is that he's just another student on campus - then it will become a true twist when he suddenly appears to rescue Maxine and she actually loses her numbers. I believe the Osana twist should come in the third book - when she learns about what a Rarity is really used for, and what happens to them afterwards.

Allan it is. I like the idea of portraying him as human until the last moment. The only problem with this is that in order for Allan to remain appearing human, he cannot be seen by a Salvato close to Max. Especially not Skyler or Cadence. The way I took it, a Psychic, the ones that can read minds, immediately sense the sick blackness of a Vuota's mind. A Vuota's mind and soul has been twisted, seeming relentless and purely evil but only so that they can protect what remains of their soul. I like to think that the sickness can be sensed by Psychics.

So that means that unless we work to seperate Skyler from Maxine more than he has been in the RPC vision, Allan's gonna have his work cut out for him.

If we do the Osana twist in the third book, then we'll need the Allan twist in the second, because the conflict Maxine grows to have against the things Cady tells her about Vuotas will confuse her, especially after being with Allan who shows her how great of a guy he is. Even Osana will actually turn into the good friend. Maxine's going to have a Vuota on her 24/7 - Allan - manipulating her thoughts and emotions (not with his powers but with his charm. Not quite sure which powers work on other Animas, or if they work on them at all ), as he slowly churns her into a Vuota. She's going to lose her memories about Osana's evil behavior before (in book one) and suddenly sees her as the best friend. Taffy is pushed away, and so is Skyler and all her other friends. So, all Maxine will know is Osana, Allan, and their Vuota friends - and they're going to be playing her like a harp. This would also be the opportunity for Osana and her to grow a close friendship - if will be fake and influenced by outside means, but Osana will start to show feelings for her, concerns for her new friend, which will fuel her emotions coming in the third book when she pulls her out of the Daemon's hands to warn her.

Cady is going to have an interest in Max, I know that. She's going to do her best to stay by Max's side, and unlike Skyler, Max will need to do more than explode at Cadence to keep her away. So with that said, I think that when Stefan takes an interest in Charles, that should be just after Maxine is turned. That way, Cadence will be held up trying to protect Charles, she'll be leaving Max on her own more, giving Allan and Osana more access.

That being said, if that's the order we're taking, well, Cadence is going to be careful at first with Charles, keeping him at arms length. I think she should meet him halfway through the first book or so, depending on the speed at which their relationship develops.

Also, there's 5 powers:
Psychics: Reads ALL minds. Manipulates thoughts and emotions of Numbered ONLY.
Telepath: Can speak to ANYONE telepathically. Cannot hear thoughts. Can place self in past memories/dreams to alter future consequences for NUMBERED ONLY.
Matter Manipulator: Manipulates matter.
Jumper: Can jump through a person's past and future, to see their life. Cannot be used on Anima.
Time Bender: Can speed up or slow down numbers of NUMBERED ONLY. Can also pause NUMBERED.

Love what you have for Stefan. That's a whole idea to tap into - him trying to tear away his empathy because he rather they apathetic to avoid being hurt again. Ouch! That's like dying without death.

Well what I build my views of Vuotas off of is what hardcore depression is. I've drifted in and out of depression for 5 years now, and it sucks. You don't have the energy to see past the next fiew minutes. You can't see the good in anything. There's just this constant ache inside you. That's what drives people into committing suicide. It isn't that they crave death, they crave an end to the constant pain.

And Osana will see him more as a partner in crime because he's not trying to use her. Therefore, he has her vote for the new Daemon and will work with him to see that he gets the job. Of course, they'll have to fight past David (if we use him at all), and Aiden, and then Adrieal so Stefan can get the spot; but Osana is very fluent in all three of them, having worked with them for so long. She knows Aiden's secrets now because she's been aiding him just to escape Adrieal, and she knows Adrieal's secrets - except the ones he's never revealed. She's the only person who's actually seen Adrieal, except for David, his apprentice; and soon Aiden when David is gone. And, the twist, she knows Adrieal's weaknesses. (He shouldn't have let her into his private heart. In order to build a plan to escape him, she's dove into his mind and heart a few times to learn where he's locked up all his emotions. They're dried out and dead, but still inside. This is another advantage for her and Stefan - possibly.)

Good for Stefan, then. he's picked the right person to ally himself with then.

Will we use David? I'm wary of using him, for the simple purpose (and maybe this isn't true for you) but that I don't know him that well. But if you know him well enough to write him, well then that's a different story. I just wouldn't feel comfortable, stealing Josh's character like that.

And Cady has another conflict: She's an underdeveloped Angelo who now has two humans being targeted by a whole society of Vuotas, and all she has on her side is a heartbroken Sal, and a small group of new Sals with hardly any experience in their powers. Don't know if this portion of her story will be in book one, or start in book two. I have a feeling that it will begin in book one, somewhere in the middle when Stefan notices the strange occurences of groups of Vuotas and Salvatos suddenly showing up on campus together. Upon his investigations he realizes that they are mostly targeting/protecting this one girl - Maxine. This is when he enters the game, finding Osana and Cady for a little chat; this is where Cady's problems begin.

Speaking of small group of Sals, we'll need to have a small cast developed of them. We have so many Vuos developed, after all. So far, the only sure-to-be good characters are Cady and Skyler. Skyler will be threatened to turn. There's gotta be others, even if the Rarity ends up with Cady, there's gotta be more Sals to help out. I'm not saying they need to be major but they have to be there at the very least.

When Stefan finds out that she's seeing Charles, then he'll go after him knowing that this will occupy her and keep her attention away from Maxine so Osana can get her. But, he has his own agenda with this plan - he wants Charles out...he wants Cady to suffer. He rather take her back for himself, but knowing that she'll never return to him then the best thing for him to do is to break her heart just like she did his. A brokenhearted Angelo is a vunerable one. It's hard to do, but it's worth it if successful. With Cady out of the way, Stefan can take Maxine's powers for himself and overtake the Daemon and anyone else who stands in his way.

As I mentioned earlier, I think that the Cady Charles thing should start midway through the first book. That way, they can develop, and Stefan can find out about them in the second book, when they've been together enough that Cadence decides to risk being seen by Vuos in public. This'll keep her out of the way because obviously, Stefan isn't going to sneak around behind Cady's back in order to do this. He'll let her know exactly what he plans to do, just to put Cady under the mental stress. She'll stay with Charles more, to keep him safe and to keep herself from sinking into despair. This is almost worse than Skyler's: keep in mind, Cady has NEVER relied on people to help her before, which is why she always feels as if she's about to go under. Charles is the first person she's ever let help her through issues. As a result, the idea that she's on her own again would send her deeper than ever possible.

Osana will help Stefan in this venture, becoming his apprentice if he succeeds. Then, if they get Maxine, he'll use her Rarity power and keep Osana's abilities intact. It doesn't matter though because Osana's going to give her life away to save Maxine so the Daemon will not have that extra boost. When he is eliminated, and Osana, Aiden, and David are no longer in the picture, the one Vuota left strong enough to take his place will be Stafan. And the whole circle of the game starts over again....or, does it?

Does it? If so, it's gonna run into trouble. I don't want a cycle to end this story, you know? We have to have something that will help give the Daemon/Vuota side an edge. We don't want it to sound too sure that the Angelo/Salvato will win.

SO

This is the idea I'm having of the plot line so far. I'm trying to get all the plots straight, and getting them in order of what will happen when:

Book 1
Ordered:
Max and Skyler get together.
Cady meets Charles
Max turned+Saved by Allan.

Yet to be Ordered:
Osana discovers Max, harasses Max
Aiden + Osana work together,
Allan meets Max.
Stefan approaches Osana and Cady

Book 2
Ordered:
Cady explains things to Max.
Stefan finds out about Cadence and Charles
Max continues to be influenced by Vuota, is drawn away from Taffy.
Taffy is killed...somehow.
Max blames it on Skyler. Leaves him for Allan. Skyler crushed.
Charles' life is threatened, saved by Cadence.

Not yet Ordered:
We need to have more with Skyler.
David killed by Aiden?
Osana and Stefan partner up.

Book 3
Ordered:
Cadence explains to Charles.
Stefan loses his partner.
Aiden eliminated (how?!)
Skyler grows a backbone.
Osana saves Max through eliminating Adriel (how? Why?)
Stefan steps up as head Daemon.
Epic battle?

Yet to be in Books order:
What happens with Allan?

I don't think this is very accurate compared with yours, but this is what I see. What I also see, is that there is a lot of plot occurances in the 3rd book. It seems, in my version at least, that it's going to seem rushed if we finish in 3 books. What's your plot so far?

I hope you feel better! That's really rough, but I'm gladd the girl's all right!
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks

Working on these questions. I had a few business runs into Austin and San Angelo this week, so that's thrown me off slightly. Just letting you know.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:50 pm

((Alright, since I’m still under the weather, and have a mountain of homework and signs to do, I’m going to just slowly post my thoughts one by one here when I can. It’s better than having you wait. And besides, I don’t want to lose my train of thought – which is so easy for me to do. These days.))

Zander is a character I've never had much interaction with. As a result, I don't know who he is. I know that, in the TPA vision, he was the first Anima, and as a result he was part of neither side. But now he's head Angelo and that's something I can't wrap my head around. That being said, I don't know how to factor in Zander's aid for Cadence. The loving father? The strict teacher? That's a problem for me. I can't really build on that plot without knowing more about him.

Zander is a charrie that I’m still learning myself. He is what you would call a developed charrie – under developed. I have ideas about him and for him, but during the RP, to keep my charrie and the other charries in the dark like they needed to be about him, I kept myself lost as well.

He’s a rare breed himself, an Anima Angelo – turned Vuota – turned Angelo. I believe his story, in a nut shell, is this: He’s the first Angelo on earth. Even though he should be strong at heart and capable of maintaining his emotions against the temptations and threats of a Daemon, Zander lost everything in his heart when he believed he lost his first love – Sarah Maryland.

The sadness and anger he felt at the thought that he’d lost her to the Vuotas, turned him into one himself. He was set on vengeance, to destroy the entire group of vuotas he was dealing with and kill the Daemon with his bare hands – completely disregarding God’s orders to him.

But, something stopped him. Perhaps with was mercy, or the grace that God set within him renewing itself. He’s not quite sure what it was, but as soon as he heard Sarah’s voice calling for him to rescue her from the bowels of the vuota’s domain, Zander made a complete 360*. Her words of peace calmed the fires of rage within him so he wouldn’t do anything too hasty that would jeopardize his position and they were able to escape.

The battle between Zander and the Daemon back then did not end well – actually it did not end at all. Zander and Adrieal are still alive, but after the first battle they are too weak. They both lie in wait, recruiting as many followers as they can, hoping one of them will be that rare energy bar they desperately need. They both are also searching for their new apprentices, someone with the right soul, talent, and drive that will become the new leader of their flock once they depart the earth.

K, it’s really rough, but it’s something to that effect. I really want to build up another idea for Zander, something that’s not as predictable as that, but as of right now I don’t have the brainpower to figure one out.

Mainly Zander will help Cady understand her purpose, teach her , train her to listen to her higher conscious in the matters placed before her. He will explain to her what a Rarity is, why it is vital for him to find one, and what would happen if a Daemon receives one. (Angelos do not kill their Rarities when they use up their inner energy, but Daemons do.) So, with the training is will give her, she will soon see the delicate traces of light around Maxine and Osana, and even feel the positive and negative energy radiating from her. This will help her understand them both, give her a leg up against Osana, and help her battle the negative side of Maxine’s personality when she begins her battle with being an Anima.

I don't see the Vuotas as soulless. I see them almost as if their souls are ragged, worn and frayed. On the end of falling apart, but still holding together. To me, it seems as if they act without a soul, but that doesn't mean the soul isn't there. They're pushing the soul to the side, almost as if to protect it from being torn apart any more. But it can be repaired. That's why they can return to the side of the Salvatoes, if they're strong enough to show their souls to the world. Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense?

Yea, it does. Actually, that was somewhat of my initial thoughts on them. (Found my old notes on them). I believe when Smash and I were bouncing ideas about them he was saying that they were soul less. It’s really the Daemon who is the worst of the worst when it comes to having a lack of a soul. I don’t believe a Daemon can change anything about himself – he’s practically dead.

But an Angelo is capable. They have to hold so much sorrow within them, but if they’re strong enough then they won’t have a problem dealing with it. In Zander’s case, at the beginning he wasn’t so strong, but being the first Angelo, the first Anima of good out there by himself learning about the numbers on his own; yes, I can see an Angelo in that situation breaking down.

And I do like your interpretation of an Anima’s death. Being bound to earth is more refreshing in the story, a true and believable threat to the Animas, for what’s going to be left on earth when all hell breaks loose? They will be. That almost as bad as hell itself; not counting who wins the game.

((Alright, I'm going to stop here for now. I'll post the rest of my thoughts as soon as I can.))
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

Awesome....
I don't have much to say right now, I'll try to get up a reply soon. Ugh, essays...

Can't wait to hear more, however.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:11 am

…because it seems that the Salvato side is grossly outmatched.

You know, that is normal in life. There are times when it seems as if the devil is really pressing hard on you, sending all his Vuotas to ruin your day, to mess up an opportunity you’ve been working to grasp, or to tear a hole in your heart. They surround you; outmatching you, to the point where you feel doubtful, heartbroken, hopeless, weak and unsure that you’ll get out of the rock and bolder you’re under. The Sals will have to believe that they can withstand their torture, to grow stronger in their struggles against the negativity and fight back with all their might. If a Sal can do that, then they will survive and live to help others fight. If not, they lose all hope and, in a sense die – losing their hope and their soul and becoming a Vuota.

I believe for this story to really stand out, to pull people into it, we need to keep this imbalance. It’s real. We all go through times like such where we lose all hope for a brighter day, fall into depression and lose ourselves. To make it more real, we need to actually create real, believable problems – ones that will work with the Anima mix of the story itself. It’s like saying, “yea, we’re special, but we have the same problems as you do”.

Our readers will become Sals with them. They will feel their sadness and pains because they know exactly how it is. They will get pissed off at the Vuotas, yelling at the book for them to leave their favorite Sals alone. They will cry with our Sals, hold on for dear life with them, and fight hard to see a new day with them. And in the end, perhaps they will learn that the fight is hard, the struggle is great, but there is an end to all things; the Vuotas will have to go and a grand new day awaits.

You know, I’ve thought about this and I truly can’t see it either. I think there should be another head Angelo – perhaps Sarah Maryland, since she’s already been mentioned, or not her – create a new charrie for the head Angelo charrie. This person will teach Cady what she needs to know to take the Angelo position, but it is Zander, the unknown in the mix of the Angelos, that teaches her the serious things no other Angelo knows. He’s seen both sides of the coin and lived to tell about it. There’re some things about the Daemon that Angelos and Salvatos don’t know about, but he does. It’s like…the head Angelo is Obwan Kenobi, and Zander in Yoda. (Okay, just finished watching the first three Star Wars movies with the kids.)

Allan it is. I like the idea of portraying him as human until the last moment. The only problem with this is that in order for Allan to remain appearing human, he cannot be seen by a Salvato close to Max. Especially not Skyler or Cadence. The way I took it, a Psychic, the ones that can read minds, immediately sense the sick blackness of a Vuota's mind. So that means that unless we work to separate Skyler from Maxine more than he has been in the RPC vision, Allan's gonna have his work cut out for him.

K, Allan is a film student and, in the first RP, he was teamed up with Maxine during the Fall Film Festival. The music students for that competition did not know who they would be working with. All they had was the student’s film, their notes on what they would like for the soundtrack, and a few examples. They can text/email each other for brainstorming, but sending videos/music clips would be a cause for disqualification. The music student had to use their creativity to compose the music without the full assistance of the film student, and the film student had to complete his film without their completed soundtrack. So, if we continue to use the festival concept for Maxine’s first witness to a human’s death after her save, then throughout the whole first book even she doesn’t know Allan.

Allan will know Maxine because of his Vuota connections; he will know his agenda, but the reader will not know about it along with the main charries. Maxine will be receiving text from him and a few emails, even in Skyler’s presence, he won’t know who it is. So, Allan will not be seen, only heard. Even though, Allan will be in the background watching Maxine’s every move. (This will probably be mentioned or something to the effect as her being stalked by someone, but she has no clue who. With the tension going on with Osana, Skyler and the Sals will be worried about this and believe she’s up to no good again.

The first time everyone meets him will be when he saves Maxine. This part of his story comes out, and then we have the film festival where they share the final moments attempting to save a student. (I can see her breaking down and Allan embraces her to calm her down while the chaos backstage whirls around them. Skyler rushes in after her frantic phone call for help and he enters backstage finding them. That can be the first moment he realizes that Allan, the Anima, is interested in her and that he getting that strange jealously feeling riding up his gut with that nauseating distressful fearing for her life.
IDK, this might work out just fine.

Will we use David? I'm wary of using him, for the simple purpose (and maybe this isn't true for you) but that I don't know him that well. But if you know him well enough to write him, well then that's a different story. I just wouldn't feel comfortable, stealing Josh's character like that.

Honestly, he’s an extra that we really don’t need. We hardly know him because he was a charrie we didn’t get to see, and even though I know what Josh was up to with him, the storyline that David was suppose to introduce is far too complicated. This story will be complicated enough. So, let’s just leave him out of it and have Aiden as Adrieal’s apprentice. Aiden plays like he wants out, but what he wants is the high seat and he wants it now.

He knows Osana is a Rarity, that’s one secret Adrieal didn’t hide from him, and he knows that Osana does not care Adrieal – only in his bed to keep her life. He knows what will happen to her after her power is used, and he really doesn’t care. He just wants the Daemon to depart so he can take reign. He rather use Osana’s power for himself, so his plan to lure Osana away for his gain will only help him eliminate the Daemon.

His problem will be Stefan. Osana’s realized quite early his plans and has teamed up with Stefan to have him eliminated as well. When he attacks Adrieal, they’ll attack Aiden. It will all be over, Osana will be saved, and Stefan will take reign as the new Daemon. He will guarantee that her life will remain intact once he uses her powers to defeat the Angelo, but he truly can’t guarantee that for it is natural for a Rarity to pass once the power source within them is used up.

This will have to be developed more. I’m not quite sure about this too much, with the whole Daemon thing. I really wonder if Adrieal is weak enough to be defeated by a matter manipulator – just like that? It’s something we can think about later. They need –something – that gives them an edge over him… IDK…

Speaking of small group of Sals, we'll need to have a small cast developed of them. We have so many Vuos developed, after all. So far, the only sure-to-be good characters are Cady and Skyler. Skyler will be threatened to turn. There's gotta be others, even if the Rarity ends up with Cady, there's gotta be more Sals to help out. I'm not saying they need to be major but they have to be there at the very least.

Most of the original RP casts I still have on file. I’ll get those templates to you. From out of them we should be able to create a group of Sals that will blend well in the story. They can begin at the beginning of book one, or two, or three; they can be kill-offs, like Conway and his cast of bikers. (Some will die in the fight; others will run away after Adrieal is eliminated.)
Does it? If so, it's gonna run into trouble. I don't want a cycle to end this story, you know? We have to have something that will help give the Daemon/Vuota side an edge. We don't want it to sound too sure that the Angelo/Salvato will win.

I know what you mean. I have a feeling that the edge that Aiden finds that helps him defeat Adrieal, is what Stefan will have in order to stand against the Angelos and Sals. No, the story doesn’t need to be happy in the first book – not at all, not even in the second. And the third, well…it all depends on how much our charries grow throughout it all. Are they going to be strong enough at the end? Will they be defeated by the Daemon and his band of Vuos? No, I believe they will have an edge, but in the third book, Cady and Stefan will still be around. Someone’s going to be captured, or something, and this story will end up going someplace – away from Earth. Either heaven or hell, or the Garden of Eden, IDK, but I believe another ”What Dreams May Come” concept should be in order there – for a fourth book. (Or perhaps I’m far too tired to be brainstorming so late at night.)

Well, heading to bed. I'm around for now, feeling better just worn out from lack of sleep. See ya when I see ya.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun May 01, 2011 11:39 pm

RE: The imbalance.

Ok. Fine. I just think this gross of an imbalance is why it's so rare for underdogs to win in the real world. Because 2-4 doesn't work against 300-500.

I think there should be another head Angelo – perhaps Sarah Maryland, since she’s already been mentioned, or not her – create a new charrie for the head Angelo charrie. This person will teach Cady what she needs to know to take the Angelo position, but it is Zander, the unknown in the mix of the Angelos, that teaches her the serious things no other Angelo knows. He’s seen both sides of the coin and lived to tell about it. There’re some things about the Daemon that Angelos and Salvatos don’t know about, but he does. It’s like…the head Angelo is Obwan Kenobi, and Zander in Yoda. (Okay, just finished watching the first three Star Wars movies with the kids.)

It's hard not to reference Star Wars, even when you haven't just come from watching them. Don't worry about it. Razz

I think we should use Maryland, as as you said, she's already been mentioned. Unless my memory is serving me incorrectly, using her as a stronger role in the story won't change things much. I think it'd be better to use a half-formed character rather than one that is brand new in this stage of the story, if possible.

I'm also glad that Zander will still be there though...gives Charles a little insecurity to play with, if we do it right, hahaha. Also, that way you don't need to work out the kind of teacher he will be, as she'll only be with him here and there. With Sarah, she'll probably be a gentler type...(my sexism coming out there xD), so Zander should have a slightly more demanding role. That's fine. And at the same time, Cadence will be helping Skyler with his wavering strength in will. Not to mention, fighting off Vuotas at every turn.

Even though, Allan will be in the background watching Maxine’s every move. (This will probably be mentioned or something to the effect as her being stalked by someone, but she has no clue who. )With the tension going on with Osana, Skyler and the Sals will be worried about this and believe she’s up to no good again.

Sounds good. Once again, ties up other ideas we had had in the rps, which I enjoy. This'd also make a nice minor twist in the storyline, as we'd all obviously assume it's Osana when it's actually Allan. And of course, sometimes it would be Osana. But of course, that would only drive us further to confirm Osana as the stalker.

That can be the first moment he realizes that Allan, the Anima, is interested in her and that he getting that strange jealously feeling riding up his gut with that nauseating distressful fearing for her life.
IDK, this might work out just fine.

And that strange jealousy will be what pushes him forward over the course of the story. Of course, after some major character flaws get addressed in him. Sounds great. Of course, if it doesn't work out that way, we can figure it out as it comes. Sorry if you aren't, but this whole plotting thing is new to me, I'm more of a pantser when it comes to writing xDD

Honestly, he’s an extra that we really don’t need. We hardly know him because he was a charrie we didn’t get to see, and even though I know what Josh was up to with him, the storyline that David was suppose to introduce is far too complicated. This story will be complicated enough. So, let’s just leave him out of it and have Aiden as Adrieal’s apprentice. Aiden plays like he wants out, but what he wants is the high seat and he wants it now.

Sounds like a plan. It stays true to Aiden's character as well. Loos always wanted him to appear that way, especially to Coral's character.

He knows Osana is a Rarity, that’s one secret Adrieal didn’t hide from him, and he knows that Osana does not care Adrieal – only in his bed to keep her life. He knows what will happen to her after her power is used, and he really doesn’t care. He just wants the Daemon to depart so he can take reign. He rather use Osana’s power for himself, so his plan to lure Osana away for his gain will only help him eliminate the Daemon.

His problem will be Stefan. Osana’s realized quite early his plans and has teamed up with Stefan to have him eliminated as well. When he attacks Adrieal, they’ll attack Aiden. It will all be over, Osana will be saved, and Stefan will take reign as the new Daemon. He will guarantee that her life will remain intact once he uses her powers to defeat the Angelo, but he truly can’t guarantee that for it is natural for a Rarity to pass once the power source within them is used up.

This will have to be developed more. I’m not quite sure about this too much, with the whole Daemon thing. I really wonder if Adrieal is weak enough to be defeated by a matter manipulator – just like that? It’s something we can think about later. They need –something – that gives them an edge over him… IDK…

Well, if the Vuo/Daemon side is all about mistrust and such, maybe Stefan and Osana team up with Aiden in order to dispatch Adriel. Stefan doesn't care about making--or breaking--alliances. However, should he give his word, he will hold up to it. Being a Matter Manipulator, Aiden wouldn't be able to see into Stefan's mind to confirm that, or to even have access to that tidbit of knowledge. Of course, he'll have given his word to Osana that he'll do what he can for her.

If I know Stefan correctly, in order to save Osana, he'd probably use Maxine instead. He always knows that Max is special; in every version of the story he's known it. So if Osana told him that, or if he snatched that thought from Osana (while her guard is down) or Allan, he'd give Osana his word that he'd protect her life if made Daemon, all because he has two different Rarities to choose from.

Most of the original RP casts I still have on file. I’ll get those templates to you. From out of them we should be able to create a group of Sals that will blend well in the story. They can begin at the beginning of book one, or two, or three; they can be kill-offs, like Conway and his cast of bikers. (Some will die in the fight; others will run away after Adrieal is eliminated.)

Sounds good. If this is what we do, we should use Coral's character. She's never been a big part of the story but Coral's stuck with us the entire time. We should do her justice that way. It's a personal request, I know, but I think she deserves it.

I know what you mean. I have a feeling that the edge that Aiden finds that helps him defeat Adrieal, is what Stefan will have in order to stand against the Angelos and Sals. No, the story doesn’t need to be happy in the first book – not at all, not even in the second. And the third, well…it all depends on how much our charries grow throughout it all. Are they going to be strong enough at the end? Will they be defeated by the Daemon and his band of Vuos? No, I believe they will have an edge, but in the third book, Cady and Stefan will still be around. Someone’s going to be captured, or something, and this story will end up going someplace – away from Earth. Either heaven or hell, or the Garden of Eden, IDK, but I believe another ”What Dreams May Come” concept should be in order there – for a fourth book. (Or perhaps I’m far too tired to be brainstorming so late at night.)

Well, in regards to the edge, if we do the temporary alliance with Aiden, that would work out to Stefan's advantage in the end. Unless we have a different idea. I'm always open to new ones Smile I have a few other ideas of edges to use, but I don't want to put them out there until they're fully formed in my mind.

The fourth book idea is something I'd like to use, only if we need to. If we plan to make it a quartet, what's to stop that from turning into a quintet? I think, only if necessary. Though, if we need it, we could do something similar to a companion novel, something that explains how Anima's Game was conceived, what we believe happened after the end of the novel, small bios of those who had created this story with us, things like that. That I wouldn't mind but once again, I don't want to use a 4th novel unless we need to. Right now, we're just blindly deciding in. We can consider it later, all right?

Okay. I need sleep. Work comes early in the mornings xDD. Till next time then.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Wed May 25, 2011 3:04 am

Ok. Fine. I just think this gross of an imbalance is why it's so rare for underdogs to win in the real world. Because 2-4 doesn't work against 300-500.

Really, in all honesty, there's more Sals and Vuos out there...we're just focusing on this one group. But, when things get really edgy in the story, we can definitely show out with the amount of numbers of each side there is out there in this particular area. Using the extra, unknown charries from the old RPs can help with that. We can use them as extras, as mentioned before, for both sides - to even things out a bit, if you like. then, it won't be so one-sided.

That would bring about a nice rounded number for any conflict or fight scene, or major catastrophy we wish to bring about in the stories.

Well, i don't know about you, but I'm starting to take these notes and draw out a timeline sort of thing for us - using the run of the old RPs as a foundation of actions to help course each charrie's placement at particular times...and where certain conflicts will occur, and during which scenes will these conflicts arise.

So far, I'm using the scenes we're done in the RPs, placing them in a somewhat time frame. (it's hard when we used the film and music festival for one set of RPs and the Phi Mu for another. But, they still work together. If it works for you, I believe the Phi Mu situation began first, and the film and music festival came after - or during the Phi Mu situation.

(I believe I've mentioned the idea of using the festival as a way to keep Maxine and Allan away from Skyler. It's a place for them to work together - away from him. When Skyler starts to get nervous/jealous, he will then sign up for the event as well in order to stay as close to Maxine as he can. This way, we're not losing any of the great scenes created in the RP. They will work together just fine.)

I guess, once we get a basic idea about the structure of the scenes in the story, then we can start working one chapter at a time - using the RP to build them up. If we have to add something, another chapter or scene, we can just write it out and place it where it needs to be later on. But, for now we just need to get a decent timeline to use for structure. And then we can just go with it.

And sorry about the long days. Been sick, been depressed, been over worked...amd been blessed big time; but all in all I've still been working out my thoughts on this. I will be illustrating a childrens book this year and the things I'm learning from this writer and her agent is really helping me understand how to build a story. I'll let you know what I learn from them, as well as everyone else at WH, in due time. But all in all, it's really interesting.

K, bed time for me. I'll try to catch you on FB soon. I'm still pressed for time a lot, but I've got a little slack right now - reason why you see me now. i'll try to finish my time line and post it for you to edit and all.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Book 1
Ordered:
Max and Skyler get together.
Cady meets Charles
Max turned+Saved by Allan.

Yet to be Ordered:
Osana discovers Max, harasses Max
Aiden + Osana work together,
Allan meets Max.
Stefan approaches Osana and Cady

Book 2
Ordered:
Cady explains things to Max.
Stefan finds out about Cadence and Charles
Max continues to be influenced by Vuota, is drawn away from Taffy.
Taffy is killed...somehow.
Max blames it on Skyler. Leaves him for Allan. Skyler crushed.
Charles' life is threatened, saved by Cadence.

Not yet Ordered:
We need to have more with Skyler.
David killed by Aiden?
Osana and Stefan partner up.

Book 3
Ordered:
Cadence explains to Charles.
Stefan loses his partner.
Aiden eliminated (how?!)
Skyler grows a backbone.
Osana saves Max through eliminating Adriel (how? Why?)
Stefan steps up as head Daemon.
Epic battle?

Yet to be in Books order:
What happens with Allan?

That is the plot line I have worked out. *copied from an earlier post* Anyway, I'd add more but I really don't have the energy to do so right now. Perhaps some other time I'll be able to scrape something together.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:23 am

Hey DG,

Sorry about my absence on this. Got overworked again and lost track of what I was doing.

Somethings been bothering me about this. IDK, probably because certain ideas had started in the various runs of this story and never had a chance to fully blossom, but I'm wondering if you have a more solid and sensible idea as to why Aiden and Stefan would trouble themselves in defeating the Daemon in their mist?

Is it really possible for a simple Vuota to defeat a Daemon, even with the aid of a few Rarities? I believe it would be the only way they can, but is that really enough? A Daemon is like - Satan on earth, if I'm understanding our thoughts correctly. I can see an Angelo defeating a Daemon, or vice versa, because they are of equal strengths. But, not a Vuota.

So, if this is the case, then what would Aiden's plans really be for going against Adrieal? He's seeking assistance from Osana, but would this one Rarity be enough? Does he already know about the other, or the possibility of more?

And Stephan? What is his strategy? If it is possible for a Vuota to defeat a Daemon, how would he do it?

This one subject, I feel, will be a major part of the final book, a major part of the whole purpose of this story.

Really don't know why this has bothered me. I guess It's cause that was part of Loos' twist for his charrie and I was trying to figure it out during the RP. Now, I really wish I knew his thoughts on that. What is your thoughts on it ?
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Mallory wrote:Do you remember why Aiden wanted to be the Daemon in Anima's Game?

Ryan wrote:*Uhm... something about how he saw that with a Daemon's powers he could remake the world the way he wanted it to be. Stop all the injutsices and whatnot.

That's what he said. Though I'm concerned that we may have to change the motive. I don't think that Aiden would be capable of becoming a Daemon if his soul were so pure as to think in that way.

As for Stefan, I see it as more of a personal thing. He started off in high school under Adrieal's wing, mostly because he was very close to Cadence as a child. At least, that's why I think Adrieal would have been interested in him. But when Stefan went back to see her after such a long time, she rejects him because he is Vuota. Therefore, Adrieal found him meaningless and rejected him. Stefan wanted revenge on Adrieal for that, as well as I said earlier about the pain he was constantly under and his wishes to be rid of it.

I also believe you mentioned that Zander and Adrieal were left weakened by their fight. Maybe if the Daemon had been at the peak of his power, he would have been invincible. But now he's still weak from the battle and as a result he could be taken over. Of course, Stefan and Aiden couldn't see it, but I know Stefan was going to try either way. Stefan's strategy was to take it from Adrieal while he was being distracted by something. But then he falls in behind Aiden, he tried to help Aiden win. But only when Aiden wins, well Stefan stabs him in the back before he could become all powerful.

Does that make sense?

I didn't get your message about WotW by the way, either. Sad
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm

That's what he said. Though I'm concerned that we may have to change the motive. I don't think that Aiden would be capable of becoming a Daemon if his soul were so pure as to think in that way.

Definitely agree there. Aiden had pulled out some really devious stops to work his way into a few Anima's minds - mainly Joline and Osana's. If he had good intentions, he sure didn't show it. No Daemon has 'good' intentions - only those few set for their personal victories, and those are only good in his eyes.

I read up on some old notes and found that the past purpose of the Daemon was to - win the game for his master. What did that win them? Earth as a his playground with no interference from Angelos or their master. Simple as that. Complete hell on earth.

Have to get my bearing here, but Aiden used Joline to get into the mix with the Sals, and he used Osana to learn more about the Daemon's thoughts and plans. He learns, eventually, about Maxine and talks Osana into helping him gain Maxine in order to help her break from Adrieal. Only, she just becomes another slave to a new Daemon.

Stefan is her only true way out of such a predicament. And that’s why she started working with him on the side, besides the fact that he’s connected to the thorn in her side, Cady, whose making it difficult for her to connect to Maxine by protecting her and strengthening Skyler’s confidence.

If that all makes sense, then I’m not completely lost in that segment of the story.

I also believe you mentioned that Zander and Adrieal were left weakened by their fight. Maybe, if the Daemon had been at the peak of his power, he would have been invincible. But now he's still weak from the battle and as a result he could be taken over. Of course, Stefan and Aiden couldn't see it, but I know Stefan was going to try either way.

Ahhh, so true!

So, therefore, Aiden and Stefan are capable of taking over. And that’s Adrieal’s secret anyways, the fact that he is weak and seeking Rarities. The more, the merrier. This would explain why he’s rarely seen throughout the story – too weak to do anything specific.

Same with Zander. It was Greg and Maryland who were doing all the searching for Rarities and new Anima. When they ran into such a large group of Sals, and an untrained Angelo, Cady, that’s when Maryland called for Zander to come down. He needed to be there –to introduce himself and chat a little.

And that’s why he keeps himself secluded at the Lake Resort – resting up and hoping for more strength. He’s venerable too, which is why it is such a major thing that they found a new Angelo. He needs to teach her, train her, before something happens to him.

For some reason, while reading up on the old Rp and working scene cards (so we won’t lose all the good scenes already created in the RP) I was getting stuck on that part of the whole story – confused cause it wasn’t exactly fleshed out all the way.
K…meh will continue then.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:46 pm

K, that all makes sense to me.

Aiden, if he becomes close to some of the salvatoes, it would drive cracks into the armour for everyone, much as Osana and Allan are doing with Max. Of course, not many believe in the cause like Cadence does, so there were already arguing before. These cracks however, will drive the Salvatoes apart to where there are fights amongst themselves and they lose sight of the big picture. At this time, Stefan is still stalking Cadence, driving uncertainty into her heart and causing her not to believe in herself. Aiden will start being less with the Salvatoes, drawing Osana out, getting her to take his side.

By that time, Aiden and Stefan are more focussed on their own battles rather than bugging the Salvatoes. (Except for Stefan, who had sworn to himself he would kill Cadence when he became a Daemon). Of course, the Salvatoes still break apart. Joline, who was closest with Aiden, maybe she breaks away to ponder what was said to her. Skylar, I don't know what he would do. Maybe he'd stick around? He has nothing to work for with Maxine out of the picture, maybe he'd be unsettled to see the last thing he could trust break apart.

Then in a desperate last attempt to rally her troops, Cadence sends out a message asking everyone to meet her at a café. I think everyone would show up barring Maxine, simply because she's always with Allan at this point. But it is at the café that Greg and Maryland find them. They talk to Zander, and persuade the Salvatoes (or just the Angelo...doesn't matter to me) to go to his hideout and to learn their potential. If everyone goes, that doesn't mean they'll be convinced. Maybe Skylar would learn then that he needs to be strong if he wants Max back. Or maybe if only Cadence goes, she can show him that when she returns.

As an aside, I would prefer for this to happen shortly after she and Charles couple up. It would prove his trust in her, to be with another man. Or it could cause him to worry and investigate as to why she would need to talk to him. Obviously he wouldn't know about the Anima yet, but it would be a good way to introduce him to it.

Let me know what you think. This is my brain on 2 hours sleep and with the first hint of a muse/idea of plot, I've had in over a year. So it kind of rambles
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 am

Sorry DG, I've hit a rough spot again.
I've been dealing with investors for my company and USDW - some good, others very bad. But, on a good note, I've finally purchased a building downtown for my design firm. That's one step towards relieving some of my stress.

I've got a few things to post for you - hopefully this weekend, if all goes well for me. I've got a marching festival to work this week, so don't know what will happen there.

Anywho, I do like your idea here, and that helped solidify a few things for me. Skyler...yea, I really don't know what he would do in this situation, but knowing how Otter runs her charries, I believe he would fall away in shame, believing he falled Max and that's the reason why she chosed Allan. But, Cady, or Zander, will help him grow that backbone and when Max will need him the most, he will be there.

I also like how you've added Charles. I feel that some of the readers will follow him as he slowly learns about Cady. If we keep her "title" a secret - that she's an Angelo, then they will learn how special she is through his investigating and understanding. I think that's a neat little act there - following the only non-Anima as he learns about the only Angelo...

This does work well.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 am

Great! I can't wait to hear.

I've nothing to post right now, really. I'm just posting so that I will be able to see more easily when you add something.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am

Random rebirth of this topic, but I had a 3 and a half hour drive, and mind started thinking about this.

Of course, my infatuation with Stefan got in the way, so I was working quite a bit with his character, rather than the rest of the story. I was trying to place him at several of the key events. I was also thinking with him and Osana.

Stefan doesn't really care whether people know his plot or not. But he likes to keep people guessing. He teases Cady because he knows it scares her, that he shows up with seemingly no reason to be there. He knows that's how she ticks.

Aiden and he generally seem to run on parallel lines. Now, if Aiden and Stefan are working together to bring down Adriel even at the end, they're gonna have to meet. I've been trying to figure out the moment where they would be on each other's radars. I'm thinking Stefan would search out Aiden, or Osana would mention Stefan to him because she seems to trust Stefan more than Osana.

Stefan doesn't pay much attention to Skylar. He does pick on the boy but doesn't really care about him either way. He's just an easy target.

He'd have his eye on Charles once the man began to show his affections towards Cadence. There's a probability that he'd try to kill the man, just because of his jealousy that Cady pays attention to him. There's a fine line between love and hate. Stefan tiptoes that line when it comes to Cadence.

With Osana, I think Stefan would definitely be interested in using her, but he wouldn't be inclined to want to keep her in the loop with his plans. He'd try to keep an eye on her, but he needs a way to distract her from the main plan. I've been toying with the idea that he'd start to show her affection. Of course it'd be false, but Osana in her need for affection may fall for it...? Of course, she's your character so it's up to you.

Anyway, I hope this spurs some inspiration for you! <3
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Phi:
I'm thinking of Osana and how she would respond to Stefan's advances, if he did express himself in that way. I feel she would believe he was trying to use her like Adrieal, since that's the only form of attention she gets from him.... AH!

DG:
lol alright. stefan probably won't do that then. He's more intuitive than I am lol.

Phi:
She trust Stefan cause he's showing some form of respect to her; not like Adrieal who treats her like a toy, and Aiden who treats her like a ignorant mutt for their master. So, even though she feeds on attention and attraction and uses such to her advantage, in this case, it would defeat their purpose for teaming up.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Just pulling the thread up...

I had a lot going on in the past few months, including losing my mother-in-law to cancer. That hit my household really hard, since she's lived with us for about 10 years.

I've been catching up on a few stories and such, and have gotten to Anima. I have to ask - what in the world have I send to you so far on this story? (Will be asking on FB too, when I get a chance to get on.)

There were a few more things I was going to send you from my notes, but I've lost track of my "to do" list for this story. Let me know, if you can recall, what I was going to send you. Then, I'll reconnect my brain to that portion of my projects and get back on it again.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I understand losing family. It's tough. My grandmother was just diagnosed a month ago with lung cancer.

You send me a bunch of attachments in an email I lost regarding terminology, synopsis, basic plot, underlying themes, etc. I dont remember you mentioning anything however, regarding things you were to do in the future. Sorry I couldnt make it any easier on you Sad
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Just pulling this up... I've got these notes saved, but this is the backup.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down