FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth RP

+4
Kathryn Lacey
Igraine
Spectre
Aesalon
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth RP

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:49 pm

hahah Good enough. I hope you guys are prepared for onslaughts of questions you may not be able to answer.

Thanks for that site, Silvone. It is way more helpful than the ones I found before this.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth RP

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 am

Yay! Kathryn is staying! And you won't be alone. I'll most likely have lots of questions as well. It's been a long time since I've read the trilogy, and I've found LOTR to be a particularly difficult fandom to write in for fanfiction. So here's to a big learning experience! *metaphorical toast*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:41 am

:: lifts her glass of water in toast as well :: Here, here! I'm currently reading it, and I know I'm still going to have tons of questions. Also, I'm glad I've seen the movies, so the end won't be spoiled for me because I know this is all going to start before I have time to finish reading it. I'm a slow reader, and this series reads a bit slower with all of the geographical details and whatnot.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 am

Okay - I am writing up the OOC, but I am also at work, so it will be up sometime today, but I don't know when my spare time will hit me, expect it sometime in the next 10 hours. Smile

Can I ask you guys to message me your thoughts on what you are going to run for characters - mostly because I would like to have a little diversity in the group, and we can discuss tweaks before we go through the work of building the character profiles.

Thanks much! I am excited for this.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celonhir Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm new here, but I saw the discussion about the Silmarillion and the difficult read it can be...just a suggestion - but I found the first time I read it that it was much easier to follow when I read it backward....starting with the 3rd age stories, then going 'back' in time to the first age. If you've read the LOTR Trilogy then it's a little more intuitive starting closer to the fellowship and working your way back to the creation song of the Ainur.
Celonhir
Celonhir
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Hmmm...that's an interesting suggestion and one I never would have considered. I'll have to give it a try sometime when I actually have free time to read.

Oh yeah, and welcome to FoG! I'm still pretty new too, but I've been having a lot of fun here. Hope you enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2