FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TriGen Chronicles: Chapter I

+3
Eternal Phoenix
Torturous Flame
Dreamless Days
7 posters

Go down

The TriGen Chronicles: Chapter I Empty The TriGen Chronicles: Chapter I

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:21 am

The TriGen Chronicles
Chapter I
First Steps

In 1953 two children, Alexia Harper and Phillip Ashland, were found to possess strange abilities. Alexia had the ability to move objects with her mind, and Phillip could manipulate the wind. The two were brought in for testing shortly after the discovery was made, and a few revelations were made. First of all, the cause of the powers seemed to be a new gene found in the children’s blood. While the two were unrelated, they both contained this gene, thus giving them their powers. Secondly, the powers were controlled by different means in both subjects. While Alexia’s powers would only activate when she wished, it used a massive amount of mental power to activate them. Meanwhile, Phillips powers were mostly uncontrollable, and linked to his emotional state. However, his powers were able to be used indefinitely.

The children were reluctantly given to the government in order to be further tested, being moved to a dedicated research facility at an undisclosed location. However during the tests, Alexia died due to the mental strain of her powers. Scientists were able to extract the gene from her and tried to place it inside another child by the name of Cynthia Ashland, Phillip’s younger sister who had not possessed the gene originally. While powers began to show themselves in Cynthia, she died only two weeks after the gene was placed within her. It seemed that unless born with the gene, the child could not survive the strain on the body. After receiving news about his sibling, Phillip’s powers became utterly uncontrollable due to his rage. He attacked the staff and security at the facility while tracking down Cynthia’s body, before finally escaping with it still in his possession.

While the government was unsuccessful in finding Phillip Ashland again, they did receive word of more cases of the gene showing up all around the world, and founded SOURCE. A secret government agency dedicated to tracking down those with the gene. Originally the agency was to bring the individuals in and more research was to be done, however, over time SOURCE changed. Their main directives are to only monitor now, to identify whether the abilities the individuals possess are classified as dangerous. Should this be the case, then the individual will be taken in to custody and either taught how to control their powers as best they can, or locked away in a secret facility where they will be of no harm to themselves or others. On the other hand, those that show potential may be offered a position in the ranks of SOURCE, to become one of their many Agents.

SOURCE is not the only company that knows about the abilities however. A company by the name of TriGen, a big times arms dealer specializing in biological warfare, has reportedly been “kidnapping” individuals with the gene and researching on them. Though, to what end is unknown. However, it is speculated that TriGen are trying to create super soldiers, and frequently attack SOURCE in order to get their hands on SOURCE’s information. The public remains unaware of their silent war, despite numerous times being dragged into it. Though attacks on the general public by TriGen are covered up as terrorist attacks. While there is currently no known way as to how TriGen may have learnt about the gene, it is speculated that the CEO, Gloria Treford, may have abilities of her own.

The current date is the 12th of November, 2012. SOURCE’s intel suggests that TriGen’s next target is Tetlab University, a location not far from Mission City. As a precaution, SOURCE has sent a number of Agents to the University in order to protect it from whatever attack TriGen unleashes. SOURCE already has their suspicions as to why they would target Tetlab U; the school is home to many people that possess abilities, making it a perfect place for “test subjects”. SOURCE only has two objectives, monitor the students with abilities and protect the inhabitants of both the University AND Mission City at all costs. The students however have no mission; they are just caught up in a war that has been fought for years. It is up to them as to whether they make it through the following 24 hours alive, or not.

Peaceful days are over. Let’s survive.

Okay, so, the basic story will take place over the course of 24 hours as TriGen attacks Tetlab U. The characters will more or less be students (and I don't mind a SOURCE Agent or two) that have abilities either trying to help fight against TriGen, or just trying to escape the carnage and get to safety. And a note, in the RP the characters can be either people that have ONLY JUST discovered their abilities or they could be people that have been developing them since they were kids, I leave most of that up to you. Also, when it comes to structure. I know how the RP will start, and how it will more or less end, but I'd like it to be a bit open in the sense that I want the story line to evolve as your characters mix in with it.

Final note is if I can get enough people to do this, I want to try and make more than one in a series (as shown by the title). So I'd love help making this a reality from anyone who's willing to spare the time and join this. ^_^
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The TriGen Chronicles: Chapter I Empty Re: The TriGen Chronicles: Chapter I

Post by Torturous Flame Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 am

I'm in. We have discussed this.
Torturous Flame
Torturous Flame
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh, yes. I can make this work with so many different people. Count me in.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

It might be that this attracted an old Tyrant's attention. Mayhaps I will stir from my Iron throne for this. Playing youth would be interesting for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTophat Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 pm

I am interested my good fellow. I already have a character idea but I think he would be more fitting for Trigene fraction. What would you say to a man who is basically an organic wireless system, who recieve and sends data through any organic mind and swap data-like Arbiter in mass effect two. Assume control of the body-of course I would have to balance him by saying he cannot control gene minds..or..maybe people with specific type of metallic helmits.

I was alo thinknig he would have to be geared up in a chair connected to a large array of monitors, devices and medical equipment so he can actually filter and direct his powers otherwise he just connect to everyone he can and will be no longer able to think-meaning he can longer have purpose or recall who he is-

But if you do not trust me enough for me to assume such a role or it is out of your desired ideas then I understand.
DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 am

That kind of power house actually sounds pretty awesome DHat, I'd have to give it a bit of a think in terms of plot wise, but I think if I come up with some minor guidelines that the character as a whole could work. And by guidelines, I just mean so that nothing happens to send the plot in the wrong direction. So yeah, if the OOC Thread gets up, I'll discuss it more with you. ^_^
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTophat Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Dreamless Days wrote:That kind of power house actually sounds pretty awesome DHat, I'd have to give it a bit of a think in terms of plot wise, but I think if I come up with some minor guidelines that the character as a whole could work. And by guidelines, I just mean so that nothing happens to send the plot in the wrong direction. So yeah, if the OOC Thread gets up, I'll discuss it more with you. ^_^

That sounds reasonable, Dreamless. I have a few ideas to make him more balanced but still powerful in the sense of his abilities while also having some thoughts for latter scene in the Role Play involving him. I do not wish to bring the prospect of foul news upon your door step but by the off chance that this does not manage to start up, would you be interested in having a one to one role playing session with me.

In my experience one to one have a much higher success and stability rate.
DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:43 am

I'll think about the one on one RP if this one falls through. In the past they haven't always worked out well for me however, haha.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:06 pm

This looks great. I've got a couple characters in mind already. I'm in.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel Autumn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 pm

This looks fun. I'm in
Colonel Autumn
Colonel Autumn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm in if this is still open. :3
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah, it's still open. I'll try and get the OOC up this weekend, the character sheet or what have you will be in that.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel Autumn Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am

Good to know. I look forward to it
Colonel Autumn
Colonel Autumn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Awesome, I'm excited. I might be a little busy this weekend though. My best friend is getting back from his trip in Florida today, so he'll probably end up consuming the rest of my week. But, hopefully the tread with still be accepting.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Don't worry, I plan to keep the OOC Thread up by itself for a week or so to see if anyone else wants in too. And I doubt the whole thing will reach capacity before you get back. Hell, I doubt it'll reach capacity at all. Haha.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm sure it will be good. Personally I actually prefer smaller roleplaying group threads because you still get to experience and roleplay with different people but you don't get to lost and the story doesn't advance to far from where you were in just a day. I've been in large roleplays were I was off the computer for like four hours and I came back to 10-11 pages of ready, and this was not even a literate thread. So, I reiterate, I like smaller group roleplays anyway.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel Autumn Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 pm

The OOC should be up soon? Smile
Colonel Autumn
Colonel Autumn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:20 am

Yeah, sorry. I've had some time issues the last couple of days. Haha. Hopefully in the next two days or so. Sorry guys. Sad
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:24 pm

For all future reference, the OOC Thread is currently up and accepting members. If you wish to join please go to THIS thread and post a character if it is still open at the time of viewing.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down