FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural/Realistic Roleplay

2 posters

Go down

Supernatural/Realistic Roleplay Empty Supernatural/Realistic Roleplay

Post by AppleMistress Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 pm

So, I’ve just recently started watching Buffy, as it started airing on Nick. I always really wanted to check it out... After seeing most of the episodes from season one and a few from season two, I fell in love with it. I don’t feel as though I know the characters/ the future plot well enough to start roleplaying them quite yet—but I’d love to do something with a somewhat similar genre; realistic clashing with supernatural. (Vampires (not sparkly) witches, werewolves, demons, etc.)
I prefer playing female characters and I’d also like to add a smidge of romance into the mix of things. I don’t want romance to conquer the whole thing, but I’d like a little of it. And then I’d also like the characters to attend a regular old high school in a small town.
I don’t really have that much of a plot going yet, but I’d really like to do something regarding this concept… If anyone’s interested, please let me know. ^^

Edit// I also thought it'd be helpful to add that I adore the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong-- a storyline somewhat similar to that would also interest me. It basically includes the same concept of witches and werewolves and other supernatural beings... I'll stop blabbing on now.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Supernatural/Realistic Roleplay Empty Re: Supernatural/Realistic Roleplay

Post by Crimson Saint Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:16 am

I haven't watched Buffy in ages Razz

I'm definitely interested in a supernatural-themed story. I find vampire, werewolves, etc. rather fascinating, though I do tend to gravitate towards material that's a touch "darker" than Buffy - Underworld, Being Human (the UK version), and the like Razz I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Darkest Power series, but I am pretty familiar with vampire/werewolf/etc. lore in general.

Also, nice avatar pic! Very Happy
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Hm... I've never really tried a somewhat darker themed roleplay-- but I'm very willing to reach outside of my comfort zone to do something like that. I haven't seen Underworld or Being Human, but I read a little about both and they seem interesting. So vampires and werewolves interest you most? I'll try putting some ideas together tonight and post them here. If you have any ideas, feel free to share-- I'm just about open to any kind of plot.

Thank you! ^^
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:28 pm

I like your idea of a high school, small town type setting. It also makes sense to me that vampires and werewolves wouldn't be inherently evil (though some could be). Instead, I like the idea that they're more on the neutral side where humans are concerned (vampires need human blood, but they could feed without killing), though they can be hostile towards each other (if that works for you). Really, I'll probably be cool with whatever you come up with.

Just a quick question though. Were you thinking of playing human characters (like Buffy & friends) or non-humans, or any combination thereof? Not a huge issue really, but it might help me as I'm thinking up character/story possibilities Smile
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 pm

All right, so we'll stick with high school and the small town idea then. ^^ Yeah, I agree with you on them not necessarily being evil, just neutral. They just do what they can to survive, but they aren’t exactly looking for world domination or anything. Some could, I suppose, but not all of them. Hostility towards each other... yeah, I’m fine with that concept. It seems like it could be interesting to work with.

Hm... I don’t really have a strict preference when it comes to that. I don't really mind, as I’m fine with playing a human or a supernatural character. Is there any specific race you want your character to be? We could kind of come up with what we want our characters to be like and then delve into a plot that would best suit what and who they are. When I read about Being Human, I liked the concept of supernaturals trying to blend in... And then their struggle in keeping it a secret and finding acceptance if it is discovered. But then I know it’s more likely for a student to be a werewolf than a vampire, considering a student that’s a vampire would probably end up turning to ash in the sunlight. Would that sort of storyline interest you, though? Or something different?
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah, vampires would have trouble being out in the daylight, plus, living forever really negates the need for high school Razz But a werewolf could easily be a high school student (well, maybe not "easily"), also, there could be other mythological creatures there as well. Magic users (witches, or whatever term you like) is an easy one, but from what I've heard, True Blood (another good vampire show if what I'm told is correct) has fairies in it too, and stuff like that.

As for a character, at the moment I don't have a solid idea, or a major preference. Unfortunately, I don't have the time right at this moment to think anything up, but I'll begin working on something ASAP, and I'll shoot some more ideas your way.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah, werewolves, witches, and I guess faries are supernatural beings that could pass as high school students. Vampires could play into things if there was an after school event at night that the characters are involved in, but I guess we can settle that later if we want vampires to play a role. I've heard of True Blood, never watched it, but we could possibly try something like that.

That's all right, I'm actually going to watch Buffy in thirty minutes or so, so I'll probably start brainstorming when the episode finishes up. ^^
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Just a thought, towards vampires - in Being Human, they can go out in the daylight without burning. I'm open to that, as it makes it a bit easier to streamline vampires in with what we've currently got. But I do stress one thing: no sparkling. At all. >_<

If that was the case, I might gravitate towards a vampire character, except that I don't see any reason why a vampire would attend a high school. Maybe just for kicks. Eternity is quite the lifespan, I imagine high school isn't the worst thing one could do with their time Razz Maybe second. Not the worst though! (I didn't like high school, if you couldn't tell Razz) Other than that, I might play a sort of "slayer" type character, but perhaps one recently afflicted with lycanthropy.

Anywho, that's all I've got at the moment, but I thought I'd share it Smile
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Oh, okay. I’m basically fine if vampires don’t burn in sunlight in our RP universe, it’d be easier to add them in that way. But I agree completely on the no sparkling part—Twilight isn’t really my favorite thing in the world… nor is the idea of vampires sparkling appealing at all.

Same here. A vampire would have lived through history and doesn’t exactly have to purchase their food or get a job (well, maybe a job would come in handy every once and a while)… I guess if a vampire was bored and had nothing else to do, it could be a possibility that they’re just doing it to… meet friends? Prank the teachers… I don’t know. I don’t really see a reason why they’d come back. I’m not too fond of it either, and I’ve still got one more year to go. And that’s an interesting idea; I’d like seeing where you went with that if you were to stick with it. I appreciate you sharing, I like having an idea of what you’d like your character to possibly be like. ^^

I was thinking of playing a witch who can’t really seem to control herself when it comes to casting spells… And I was also thinking of researching the faries you mentioned before, just to see if I’d take an interest in playing one. Or maybe a human that was a bit too curious about the supernatural and was recently turned into a vampire, if we go with the not burning in the sunlight thing. I have a few little ideas, I’m sure I’ll be able to form a decent idea for a character soon.

I also wanted to say that I’ll be leaving on a trip Thursday morning and I won’t be back for a week—I should have internet service so I can check in a few times, but it’s not definite. I wanted to let you know, just in case if you don’t hear from me for a few days or so.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Alright, well I say we go for sunlight-friendly vamps. In order to balance it out a bit, I might also suggest the same model that Oblivion used for vampire-sunlight relations. (In case you're unfamiliar with Oblivion, I'll include an explanation in a spoiler box)

Spoiler:

I think that this sort of idea could work, maybe with some tweaking, but if you don't like it, that's cool too. Just an idea Razz

So, with vamps being okay in the light, I think I'll play one. I'll hafta come up with a reason for why he's in high school. Maybe he's a recent "convert", or something. I also thought he (or she, I guess) could be a teacher, but I don't know if that would mess up what you were thinking (I get the impression you were going for characters being mostly students).

On the other hand, I still like the "hunter-turned-werewolf" character Razz I'm definitely up for multiple characters, if you like the idea.

Hope you have fun on your trip! Don't feel the need to come on here if it doesn't fit in with whatever you're up to. I don't mind a little wait Razz
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 am

Oh my goodness, yes, that works perfectly fine. I like the concept—vampires aren’t going to instantly burn to ashes, but they will react in some way rather than seeming completely normal. I say yes to that idea—so if you’re cool with it, I’d be fine with applying that concept in the roleplay.

Alright! Hm… I was going for students, mainly because I’m used to roleplaying that kind of age group—but if we decide on playing multiple characters, it wouldn’t be much of a problem if you played a teacher. I’d try maybe playing one myself if I get a good idea for one. Having more characters just makes things more interesting, really, so I wouldn’t mind it at all. I’d love to see more of this ‘hunter-turned-werewolf’; it’s really an exciting idea.

I have a feeling that I’ll go for a witch character… I just can’t decide whether the character will be a human practicing witchcraft, or a witch that has had the ability passed down from her mother, grandmother, etc. And then I may also go for a vampire as well, now that we’ve decided that they won’t die away in the sunlight. Hm… Or a human who just gets caught up in the mix of things. Maybe a hunting partner for your hunter-turned-werewolf character, if you want to try centering the plot on that sort of concept. Like the acceptance into the viewing the world from a supernatural beings eyes while the friend kind of has to cope with the idea of it… I don't know. If you don’t like that idea, we can go with another one. Just thought I’d bring up a suggestion.

Thanks! And all right. ^^ I’ll be sure to brainstorm more character/plot ideas while I’m gone, though.

AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Right, so I think we've got everything worked out for vampires Razz I'll probably throw in a vampire character as a teacher then. I don't think I'll focus on him too much, but rather have him come in as sort of a secondary character, as well as perhaps using him to explore some of the things going on behind the scenes (stuff that the main characters aren't privy to). I'll definitely use that teen, hunter-turned werewolf as my main character.

A witch sounds like a good idea, and either background works. The witch could always be a hunting partner for my character. If she it was an ability passed down from her ancestors, then perhaps the two characters could meet when she accidentally does something magical, and he recognizes her as a witch? Just a thought Razz Also, perhaps a recently turned vampire might still attend school, and could end up seeking the help of another, older vampire (perhaps a teacher >_>). Or maybe the new vampire ends up getting hunted, but the hunter realizes that she's new, and doesn't go through with killing her? Just some ideas that randomly came to me Razz

One last thing - about werewolves! Just thinking, obviously, there's a full transformation on full moons, but I'm thinking that he gains some other abilities as well. I think it makes sense if he'd get heightened hearing and a stronger sense of smell. Also, it might be cool if he could (maybe after a while) transform at will (like in the Underworld films). When it's voluntary, he's in control, but maybe on the full moon, he loses control completely. Let me know what you think.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Yep! Okay, that works perfectly—I’ll make a secondary character and a main character too, in that case. And then I guess we can make a few minor characters that don’t play as much of a huge role—like family and possible friends/other students/teachers.

Great, a combination of both ideas! I’d like playing that kind of character. I think I’ll have it so she’s more of an experienced hunter, but she’s also been experiencing some magic and she just can’t completely control it yet. Like making things move without touching them or taking out the power by accident. And then maybe she gets curious, does some research, tries a spell… and then maybe your character could encounter it? I think that’d be really cool. Oh yeah, that could add in a side plot for your teacher character and then a basic idea for my possible vampire character. And part you mentioned with her not being killed because she’s new kind of connects all of the characters in a sense. I think we’ve got some good character ideas going, I’ll write this down in a notebook and work on more ideas while I’m on the road. Smile

Yeah… he may grow taller over time as well. Enhanced strength, hearing, smell—that makes sense. And yeah, I’m fine with adding that in—you’re playing the werewolf character, so you can really play him any way you'd like. Perhaps after he’s used to the transformation process and knows how to conquer it safely, he can transform at will… And yeah, the moon affecting him still playing into things works as well. I’m fine with the idea, so if you want to use it, feel free! ^^
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Alright, well, I'll stick with that idea for werewolves then, and I'll have my "main" character be that, and a teacher/vampire "secondary" character. It'll be good! Smile
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 am

Sounds good! My main will be the hunter who's only now discovering that she's a witch and the secondary is the recently turned vampire student.

How about the plot? Will we have some sort of a threat begin to pop up and our hunter characters will take care of it (like, a long ongoing one), or should we do a sequence of 'episode sized' plots? Do you have a preference on that part?
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm

I think "episodes" may be good to start, then we can sort of "evolve" into a larger plot as we go. That way, we get a good share of action, all while there's a bigger, more dangerous threat on the horizon. That's my preference, what do you think?
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah, that'd probably be better for character development. They can kind of get used to what they are and improve their skills a bit before the 'big bad' makes an appearance. ^^
I'll work more on both my characters, make their bios and stuff. Then once we both have our characters ready we can discuss how they'll interact what what sorts of threats they'll face. Does that sound okay?
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Sounds good! Just one thing: is there anything in particular you'd like to see for character info? I can just wing it on character sheets, and such, but if there's something in particular you'd like to see, let me know so I can be sure to include it.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down