FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superhero/Supernatural Roleplay

2 posters

Go down

Superhero/Supernatural Roleplay Empty Superhero/Supernatural Roleplay

Post by AppleMistress Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I’m going to have some free time on my hands over the summer, so I figure I might as well put a new interest check up considering my other one didn’t have too much luck.

My posts normally average around 1000 words or so—a few paragraphs with description and lots of character development included. Character development is probably the key with me—complex plots are interesting, but I prefer mainly focusing on the characters. I like a mix of adventure, mystery, supernatural, friendships, and a little tiny pinch of romance. I like to play female characters, but I don’t mind doubling up. I like to play more than just one character anyways. Regarding fandoms-- if we choose to use several of the pairings listed, I'll switch one of the female roles out for a male role. I'm very open to compromise and I don't bite-- so don't be afraid to ask!

I’ll bold the roles I’d like to play.

Fandoms
When it comes to fandoms, I don’t really tend to like playing as OCs or with OCs, just because I’ve had bad experiences with that in the past… So yeah. I might change my mind, so don’t hesitate to try and persuade me if you have a good idea.
Although it’s rare for romance to dominate in a roleplay that I’m in, I figured I should list the couples I like in these fandoms as well.
-Persona 4
(Naoto/Kanji, Chie/Yosuke, Protagonist/Rise, Protagonist/Yukiko)
-Teen Titans (Series on CN. I would want to sort of continue from where the series left off. Or a year since then.)
(Raven/Beast Boy, Starfire/Robin, Cyborg/Jinx, Kid Flash/Jinx)

Other
I don’t have any plots in mind, really, but I like roleplays with sort of a team/group of friends (maybe of five or six) who have some sort of ability and have to learn to work together over the course of the plot. It’s kind of the same deal for the fandoms I mentioned above. I’ll be ready to contribute to making the plot if anyone shows an interest.

AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Superhero/Supernatural Roleplay Empty Re: Superhero/Supernatural Roleplay

Post by Eternal Phoenix Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:59 pm

A woman after my own heart. The saying, not literally. I'm a teamaholic, if there is such a thing, and I prefer romance to be somewhat secondary to the action, adventure, and camraderie. I think I spelled that right.

I don't like using estabished characters, though. I'll always want them to be just like they were in the source material and I'll inevitabley disappoint myself in the writing.

All that said, what genre do you favor? Sci fi, fantasy, modern, or some hybrid thereof?
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow, I didn't expect to get a reply so soon! Teamaholic... Well, if there is such a thing, I suppose I'd be one as well. I personally prefer working with two or three characters rather than just one. And I prefer friendship to romance, but having a little mixed in never hurts. As long as it doesn't dominate, I'm cool with it. So I think that works out just fine between us.

Okay, I can understand that.

Out of all of these genres, I really prefer modern. (Superhero characters are a guilty pleasure of mine, to be perfectly honest) But as I said in the post above, I'm very open to compromise. So I wouldn't mind doing a hybrid of some sort if you're interested in that? I'm actually sort of interested in giving the Sci fi genre a go. I'm very open, so feel free to share any ideas/preferences you might have.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

I don't know if you glanced at the RP I'm running, NPC Investigations, but I like running multiple characters at once. That's probably got a lot to do with my ADD, but whatever. And I'll say this about romance: As long as it's not the point of the story, but something...I don't know...that just works with the way the characters are evolving, it's fine.

Overthinking for the win, I suppose. Since superheroics are a guilty pleasure of yours...want to play in my sandbox? I've got a small army of heroes vanilla mortal, magical, mystical, superhuman, and mutated. And it's all set in modern times. Villians aren't my strong suit, though. I've only got a few that are really good. The rest are lame and disposable.

Or, if you've got a sandbox of your very own, we can do one of those crossover things. I'm as open to compromise as you are.

Just as a side note, Persona 4 is amazing. One day I'll gather my courage and finish it. It's time to rescue Nanako, and thanks to the internet I know the end of the game is near. So I just. Can't. Do it.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Oh no, I actually haven't. But I completely agree with you-- I like controlling several characters rather than just one. Yes, same here. I appreciate the small moments when it comes to romance, but I don't want an overload of it. So something small on the side is okay, but I'd rather focus on the actual story. So I think that'll work out just fine in this case.

Sure! I'd love to, actually, since I don't have any huge ideas for a plot at the very moment. Hearing more about what you have in mind would be nice. I find villains very interesting, but I sometimes run into the same problem. I'll gladly assist and try to make a few, though. I can't say I have a sandbox of my own, sadly, the school year ate up most of my time. But I've actually just graduated today and I'll have plenty of time when it comes to aiding in expanding or adding new ideas to yours. I'm in one role-play right now and that's what's been keeping me writing over the year, so I don't have anything right now on my own that's very established or good, really.

Yay, a fellow Persona fan! I'm probably one of the biggest Persona dorks on the planet, haha. I guess the whole focus on the characters and the social links along with the awesome Pokemon-like battling style… it's just the perfect game for me, it's right up my alley. Aw, I can understand, really. I've been stuck on October 3rd in the 3rd Persona game because I know what happens the next day and I can't bear to watch it. The thing that stinks is I finished the game and just when I started my second play-through my PS2 broke. So I'm waiting for P4 The Golden to come out in October. Haha, I think I'll stop here so I don't chat your ear off. When I get excited about something like this I just keep going and it's hard to stop.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 pm

All right, that means the basic plot is up to me. Since you like the Team Titans (the TV show at least, although the comic has been excellent), It'll be Youth Justice time. They're my premier (only, really) teenage to young adult superteam. I'll just have to dig into the files to find a good storyline.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:56 pm

All right. If you have any questions or want some input from me, just ask. I said the TV series mainly because I've watched it all (more comfortable roleplaying in that universe, I guess)-- but I have read some of the comics and they really are amazing. I've been watching Young Justice as well, just because I can't resist superhero shows.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I've decided what to do. Post back to back to back status quo shaking events, Youth Justice (I prefer YJ) is just about the only superteam up and running. They're technically two teams at this point due to burgeoning numbers in the last few years, The Veterans, a team made up of YJ stalwarts such as Silver Angel (Iron Man style, only a girl) and their leader Redpin (throws red energy pins) and the Trainees, a team made up of the younger, more inexperienced heroes. That said, the Veterans have vanished, and it's up to the Trainees to keep the world safe and find them. But...there's only four of them. First step, emergency membership drive. That's where you'd come in.

We help the helpless. If that is you, please call us any time, day or night. -Tigress

Hey, some of us are still in school, Tigress. I'm not skipping class to get a cat out of a tree. Unless the owner's cute enough -Magi

This cute enough for you? -Morphin

Ew, Morphin! I told you I hate that. Clon, he's your friend. Make him stop. -Magi

Regrettably, I am charging my batteries and cannot assist you at this time. -Clon

Cut it out, you three. I can't practice with you being so loud. The first batch is gonna be here soon. We're supposed to be super heroes. Let's at least pretend we know what we're doing. -Tigress.

Aw, man. -The three boys.

Ahem. Very Happy
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Oh wow, yeah, I really like that idea! I think there're a lot of ways to work with that initial concept. So your four (I love them right now! Your dialogue added a very nice touch) are looking for new members and I can have three or four of my own characters come into the picture. I don't have my characters planned out this very moment, but i've been doing some brainstorming and I can try and have them all ready tomorrow.

I thought to add this here as well-- I'm going to be out of town from Sunday to Thursday and may not be able to reply. I think I'll have internet where I'm going, but I just wanted to let you know.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Alright. Gives me more time to think. I'll be checking in daily, but I do that already. Also, I'll throw in cameos from YJ graduates. There's a few who aged out.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 am

Okay-- I have ideas for about three characters as of now. Twins (both female) and a male character. Only three at the moment. I'll try to have them developed a bit more by the time I can come back on Thursday-- I'll have plenty of downtime to think while I'm gone. And maybe I'll come up with an idea for a fourth character as well.

Just as a side note, I'm usually very quick to reply. Leaving like this will limit my replies by a lot, but by the time I get back I'll be very active here.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Whenever you're ready, let me know. I'll be here.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am

Okay! Thanks for being patient-- I just got home tonight. I'll have time to set things up tomorrow. I promise, I'm faster when it comes to making posts and developments. Being out of town made it a little hard for me. I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to share my ideas and such.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am

I'm not in any hurry. For one I've never bothered to figure out where YJ HQ is located, or even what it really looks like. So...yeah. It's probably a refurbished Alcatraz, but I dunno.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Oh, cool. Having the setting on an island would be nice-- most of the settings I've worked with in the past have been cities, so that'll be interesting to work with.

I know this isn't much, but I've developed three character ideas so far.
Firstly, the twins. Jazz can slow/stop time and also manipulate sound while her brother, Jett, can run insanely fast and fly. Jazz is good with creating illusions and tricking her opponents and isn't as good with combat as her brother is. I have yet to work with their personalities, but that's what I have for their abilities right now.

Next is Violet, who has mutant strength and enhanced senses. I have more of a personality down for her. She's going to be sort of an immature, girly flirt. There's going to be more to her than meets the eye, though, and I want to try and make her unique in some way or another. I've never done a character like this before and I wanted to give it a go.

Do they look all right? I may develop character sheets for them later tonight. I may make a fourth character if I come up with a good idea.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 pm

You do know Alcatraz in is San Francisco Bay, right?

Looks all right fo rthe most part, but Jazz has two seemingly unrelated powers. Bothers me.

A bit more detail on mine. Tigress is a the daughter of a human/feline hybrid. Her agility is greatly enhanced, and her strength is in the Spiderman range. She can "go savage" and discard reason and thinking for a short time, nearly tripling her strength. The downside is it's exhausting to do. She's highly trained in martial arts, and while she hasn't been a superhero all that long, she has plenty of combat experience. This advantage over the others can cause her to go off on her own and get in trouble she can't handle.

Magi is, as he name indicates, a magician. One day he'll be a full fledged wizard, and a powerful one, but for now he's just learning to not to make his spells burn down half of San Fran. Let's not count the number of times that's almost happened. As for personality, his confidence could be better. He's polite to those he doesn't know and a wiseass to his friends.

Morphin is the shapshifiting joker, but that hides a deep identity crisis. He doesn't have a default form, and the shifting plays merry hell with his memories. So he doesn't know if he's even human.

Clon is...complicated. He was a boy genius who invented a android that you could copy your personality into. The kind of thing that could do your chores or face down a bully. A best friend, loyal until it broke. He checked everything twice. The download was successful. He opened his eyes and looked at himself lying in the copying chair, brain fried and dead. He'd made a mistake, somewhere. Now he was trapped in his prototype. He would be 14 years old forever. He's made an upgrade or two, but he's still more fragile than you would expect for an android.

I'm going to add Priestess too, but she won't have a large role. She's a healer and timid.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes, I do. Alcatraz is an island, though, isn't it? And by cities I guess I was sort of thinking of New York in the back of my head. I'm more familiar with the east coast, so forgive me if I made some kind of mistake.

For Jazz I was thinking she inherited abilities from both of her parents-- but I can cancel out the sound manipulation if it bothers you. My characters are all still in the stage of development, so hopefully I'll be able to flesh them all out. I may change Violet's abilities a bit, since it seems that she and Tigress are quite similar when it comes to their strength and fighting styles.

Your characters all sound really interesting! I like what I've heard of Clon's background and applying shapeshifting with identity crisis is really intriguing. Once I develop the personalities and backgrounds of the characters I have now, I might make another. I'm usually content with playing at least four characters, after all. I'll continue with updates throughout the week. I'll try to get as much done as I can over the weekend.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:30 pm

No, if Jazz's powers are inherited by all means go ahead and give them to her.

But...if we're being honest with each other, I've never liked the ability to stop time. It's just too powerful for one flesh and blood mortal to have. I'm not saying anything against slowing time, that's super speed by another method, but stopping it altogether I've never liked.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down