FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

+3
quakernuts
Dreamless Days
Chainlinc3
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat - Page 5 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

Post by quakernuts Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:10 am

FUCK YEAH! Killed that hawk! Like a boss!

Oh well, time to find out why the doors are opening and closing. KICK IN A DOOR!

ADRENALINE RUSH FTW!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat - Page 5 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 am

Quaker is breaching! Stack up beside door, and storm the room should Quaker manage to effectively boot it in!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:27 am

Stack up along the other side of the door from Plague and ready the club, reminding myself to smack Quaker upside of his head for acting without orders.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:56 am

Assuming the Jabberwock can speak, attempt to reason with it, if not... kick it's head in and leg the fuck further north!
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

Run one finger across my sexy scar while considering the likely bad outcome of kicking in a random door. Provide outer security while the team storms in.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 am

Round 20:
Operatives-

Quaker:
Endurance +1 = [11/12]
You do what you do best-- smash things.
Roll: 1!
The door gives way to your kick-- as it shatters, however, there is a bright flash of purple light!
An instinct deep in your mind tells you that you should have invested in curse-resistant footwear!
Trait Acquired-- [Jinxed: -1 to all rolls]

Plague:
Endurance +1 = [9/12]
You charge through the ruined doorway!
Roll: 4!
Inside, you see six scantily-clad women (who run and hide behind the various furnishings), and several intoxicated cowboys (who stare at you drunkenly).
The room looks like a bar from some sort of western film-- you half expect someone to draw a pistol and slur "This town ain't big enough for the two of us!"
One of the men tries to stand, and falls on his face.
On further investigation, you see some differences between the room and the typical western bar. Like the holographic pole dancer.
Bits and pieces of advanced technology seem to be mixed into the antique decor... It is an odd sight to behold.

Gunneh:
Endurance +1 = [9/12]
Growling under your breath, you take up a position to support Quaker's breach.
Roll: 3!
Peering past the empty frame, you prepare to --buh...guh...ugh.
[Loki's Tally! Sanity Update: [0/Commanding Officer]]
Note: Honestly, this would've happened regardless of the roll. You can't really help clear a room without seeing who all is inside.
You call command and tell them you want a shipment of Truffula Trees at your position, ASAP.
Gunneh Cancels Effect: Organization-- Went Insane.
The Lorax rises from one of the brothel girl's ample bosom.
Quoth the Lorax:
"Nevermore."

Mack Terran:
The Jabberwock attacks!
Physical Attack Roll: 1!
Physical Dodge Roll: 2!
Physical Mitigation Roll: Irrelevant!
You slip aside at the last instant!

Endurance +1 = [7/12]
You head north.
Endurance Roll: 3!
Endurance Update: [4/12]
There is a cave here.
You see an indistinct shape shimmering to your north-east.

DeadEye:
Endurance +1 = [11/12]
You watch the team's collective ass. 'Cept for Mack-- he's on his own.
Roll: Hidden!
Nothing seems to be happening... Odd.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 am

Well...curse resistant footware was 10 bucks...

TEN BUCKS PEOPLE!

I don't make enough for that shit!

Attempt to remove Jinx trait through the act of singing the song "Knights of Cydonia"!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:43 am

Stop to take a short break before heading North East. Here's hoping that's the tower, if not... Lord Funk WILL be displeased.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Breasts, breasts everywhere, and not a drop to drink! Wait, is that right? Who cares! Where the hell are my Truffula Trees, and why have those dastardly lawn gnomes been so quiet!? This is disturbing!

Oh look, a tiny boob-man-thing!

Attempt to communicate with the Lorax and ask him if he's noticed anything suspicious!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Well, this is going amazingly well...not.

Might as well try and get some info whilst we're here(and everyone else seems to be busy fixing themselves). Casually take a seat at the bar and eavesdrop. For information, maybe blackmail.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 am

Round 21:
Operatives-

Quaker:
Endurance +1=[12/12]
You apply suspicious logic!
Roll: 5-1(Jinxed)=4!
The curse giggles at your poor vocal skills

Mack Terran:
Endurance +1=[5/12]
You take a breather.
...That was less than restful.
Endurance Update: [6/12]

Gunneh:
Endurance +1= [10/12]
You inquire if the Lorax has seen anything suspicious.
Quoth the Lorax:
"Nevermore."

Plague:
Endurance +1= [10/12]
You eavesdrop. Information is always (mostly) helpful.
Note: I'm not faking these, I swear. You guys just suck that much. Razz
You discover that the beer tastes like piss, and the redhead's prices are far too high.
... You feel silently ashamed.

DeadEye:
Endurance +1= [12/12]
You idly stare at the sky. Guard duty is BORING.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:48 am

FUCK THIS BAR.

Walk outside, round up the others, AND UNLEASH THE SECRET TECHNIQUE.

FLAMING!

ENERGY!

BALL!

ANNIHILATE THE BAR!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Well, obviously operation 'Sing like a Pro' failed horribly due to unforeseen complications including an impossible roll!

Well since GC is blowing up the bar...might as well try once again to remove my jinx off my foot through the use of tactical genius and AIR GUITAR!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Well, so far so good...oh shiiiii....!

Get the hell out of the way before something awful happens.

Also, we're missing a team member. Should we maybe help Mack?
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 am

Still not rested? Simple. Rest a little longer.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 am

This demon proves to be no use to me! I shall join my comrades outside and ask one of the little purples fairies if they have seen anything!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Round 22:
Note:
You might have noticed my irregular updates. I'm into the last few days before I move into my dorms for college, and life is getting remarkably busy as I try to make the most of the time I have left with my eroge collection I mean, uh, in my childhood. Yes. Last few days of childhood and whatnot. ANYWAY. I can't guarantee regular updates for a while yet-- even after I get settled into college, this might turn into a M-W-F deal, it all depends on how my schedule works out.
Note Note: I'd like to get opinions on an idea I've had bouncing around. If I do, in fact, have less time to commit to this game on a regular basis, would you guys be interested in a similar-styled RP/game run in the FoG IRC (or an alternate channel)? Ideally, this would make it easy to drop in and out as needed, I could run it for a few hours every Sunday night (or some other time-- we'd need to schedule) and get a whole lot more ground covered per session than in the average RTD round. Thus, I don't need to have a chunk of time ready every night, and you guys could still get your RDA of random.
Note Note NOTE: I've ALSO been considering starting a brainstorming group for random RP ideas. This is still just a vague idea, but if anyone would be interested in epic brainstorming of epicness, let me know. Because it will be epic. It might even flood New Orleans. [/Katrina][/Bad Taste]
Note Note NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOOOOOTE!: I don't actually have anything else to say. This just felt appropriate.

Operatives-
Plague:
Endurance +1=[10/12]
SNAKE STYLE!
TIGER STYLE!
FLYING EAGLE STYLE!
FLAMING ENERGY BALL!
Roll: 4 + 3 (Ginger) + 1 (Pyrotechnic) = 8!
Note: For those who aren't clear, on these fancy-pants rolls, I'm using a different guideline to determine success. Basically, most actions are going to be difficulty six (ie- rolling a six is critical success), whereas ripping the universe apart at the seams would be something like difficulty 9001. This roll, for example, is difficulty ten.
A vortex of flame spews forth from your palms and engulfs the building.
Trait Acquired: [Tears of the Unborn: You're evil, plain and simple-- and now, you have a reputation. Anyone not explicitly on your side have a one in four chance of having heard of your misdeeds, with effects ranging from subtle opposition to fear to open aggression.]
Note: Really though, did you expect to NOT be killing unborn children? They're prostitutes, man.

Quaker:
Endurance +1=[12/12]
Using your encyclopedic knowledge, you organize an impromptu tactical guitar strike.
Roll: 3-1(Jinxed)=2!
It hits for massive damage! You're not sure who it hit, but you're certain it hit.

DeadEye:
Endurance +1=[12/12]
You re-enact Cold War safety drills!
...The nuclear blast fails to come, and you regain your feet.

Mack Terran:
Endurance +1=[5/12]
You take another breather.
Roll: 3!
Endurance Update: [8/12]

Gunneh:
Endurance +1=[10/12]
You continue to interrogate exceedingly real entities!
Roll: 6!
The purple fairy glares at you coldly.
Seriously. Like, you get brain freeze.
"You dare presume to address one of the Sidhe? More importantly, why can such a... normal monkey see our kind?"
She pauses, watching you calculatingly.
"...I suppose one must not look a gift ape in the mouth. Listen, boy. I have a task for you. You will do it. You understand me?"
You open your mouth to speak, but she doesn't wait for an answer.
"Good. Someone in this town is holding several of my kind captive. I would investigate myself, but... What are humans for, if not menial labor? Free my kin, and burn the town to the ground for harboring their captor. I will see to it that you are rewarded."
There is an awkward pause.
"Oh, for the love of... It's going cross-eyed. Out of all the meat puppets to be able to see me, it's a fool."
She slaps you in the forehead, and your vision clears slightly.
Sanity +1=[1/12]
"Now get moving!"
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

SWEET. KARMA CHANGE.

Commence evil art upgrade of Sir Clubbington the First into Demon Clubbington, Reaper of Unborn Souls!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Well...I hate jinxs...so it's go time.

Utilize the power of PURE AWESOMENESS to not only remove the jinx...but turn my feet into a good luck charm!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Oh jeez... Did I just talk to a woman's breasts? No matter, I suppose, seeing as how Plague just set the brothel and the breasts on fire. The Sidhe Queen is still staring at me, though, so I nod at her and rest the club across my shoulder before addressing the squad.

"Listen up, fuckbags. Side mission. Search the rest of town that isn't burning for someone that's holding faeries captive."

They're looking at me like I'm crazy. I suppose I may be, but whatever.

"Don't give me bullshit. Just do it."

Focus my mind's eye as much as possible to try and find where the faeries are being held.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:14 am

Begin heading towards the shimmering shape in the north east. Here's hoping it's the Tower.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5