FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

+3
quakernuts
Dreamless Days
Chainlinc3
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat - Page 4 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

Post by Gunneh Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Apparently my defensive skills are Godlike, but my offense is off. Maybe the rocks will work this time? I'm gonna pick up a decent sized piece of rubble and fling it at the nearby enemies!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat - Page 4 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat

Post by Gabe Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Since they're about the size of a child, kicking them in the face shouldn't be hard.
(Honestly I'm surprised Quaker hasn't done this yet, considering his ire for children)
Also...

MEDIC!!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:30 am

Round 14:
Initiative-

Operatives: 96!
Universal Achievement Unlocked: So Close, Yet So Far-- It's a mystery. If anyone but me gets this, I pity you.
Hostiles: 56!
Operatives move first!

Operatives-
Plague:
You call upon the power of Prometheus, the Torch Bearer!
Note: I technically never said you could control fire, but that's kinda stickler-ish, so, I'll leave this "project fire at the grenade" thing as difficulty 9, but also apply your +4 bonus (from Ginger and Pyrotechnic). That leaves you with roughly a 1 in 3 chance of being able to project flame, which is pretty generous all things considered.
Roll: 6+3(Ginger)+1(Pyrotechnic)=10!
Learning Roll: 3!
...And then there was MORE FUCKING FIRE. GODDAMMIT.
Damage: Roll= 10!
Note to Self: RECONSIDER EXPLOSIVE MECHANICS SOONER.
Grouping: 2!
Targets: 3, 1
Note: Both Grey 1 and Grey 3 have 4 or less health, and they can't dodge an attack of 10 with a 1d6. Similarly, even a 6 on mitigation will leave them with 4 damage, so we'll just call them both dead.
Their small frames are consumed by the flame!
Kills +2!

Mack Terran:
Insanity Action: 5!
Sanity +3!
Listen bruh. Make up your damn mind. You gonna help me, or not?
Sanity Update: [-13/Chronological]

Quaker:
You unleash an EPIC PAWNCH!
Roll: 1+2(Power Fist)+1(Float Like A Butterfly)-3(SHINY!)=1!
Note: I blame Quaker.
Survival chances- 1:(1d20+10)=1:29
Roll (1d29): 17!
Item Identified: [Fusion Reactor Core-[???/???]]
Quaker is vaporized!

Collateral Damage Rolls:
Survival Formula- 1:5
Grey 4: 5
Grey 5: 4
Grey 6: 5
Grey 7: 5
Grey 8: 3
Grey 10: 5
Grey 11: 4
Grey 12: 5
Note: I had to fudge these numbers, because the aliens rolling solid fives (which the RNG fed me) was just too suspicious. But it doesn't matter in the end.
Plague: 5
Gunneh: 3
DeadEye: 2

Seeing the madness that unfolds as a result of Quaker's actions, Gunneh opens the tome on his belt and begins to read as the fires envelope his comrades...
LACUNA IMPERIUM: INTERVENTION!
Quaker prepares to unleash an EPIC PAWNCH!
Gunneh charges at Quaker, attempting to pin him down!
Roll: 6!
Gunneh brings Quaker to the ground, and the fusion reactor detaches, bouncing harmlessly away before...
Detonating in a blast that eliminates the remaining Greys.
Gunneh Achievement Unlocked: Savior-- Rescue the squad.
Note: Sorry Gunneh, it needed to be done. Anyway, I assume you'd act in self-preservation if you were on chat, so... You get to be the hero? >.>
Gunneh Sanity Update: [3/12]

Gunneh:
Time and law catch up to you. You have already acted this round; no further action is permitted.

DeadEye:
You call for a medic!
But the mission is ending!

Announcements:
All hostiles have been... eliminated. I think. Not sure if that really counts. Anyway, back to base.

While on base, you have two turns to putz around. This can be training, trading stuff in for better weapons, etc. Information regarding any promotions will be distributed during this period. At the end of turn two, I will present you with a new load-out menu to spend any acquired requisition.

Gunneh, your assassin will be striking during the stay on base. If you have a guess regarding their identity, say so in your action post-- guessing right would be favorable for you. Remember, the only hint I've given you is to think about checkers. If anyone wants to help him out, go ahead.

Everyone, health will be returned to full while on base, and you'll recover half of your lost sanity.

I will be reconsidering many of the mechanics while you're on base, so expect ammo and endurance to play a bigger role in Mission 2.

Next up: Cydonia or Bust! (If you know nothing of X-COM, look it up. ^_^)

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 am

There may be females on the base, try and track some down for Lord Funk. (I have no idea if Mack is still insane or not, but either way, I'm sure after that much time he'd believe in the guy. XD)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Attempt to train myself even further in the art of fist smashing by practicing hand to hand in the facility gym!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 am

Study up on the violent application of logic in a combat situation. Because it's time for logical based ass-whoopage.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 am

Round 15:
Operatives-

Dreamless Days:
Total Sanity Shortage: 25!
Sanity +12.5=+12!
Sanity Update: [-1/Mangoes]
Despite X-Com's best efforts, you are clinically insane.
Protocol prevents you from being removed from duty for any reason but violent death...
but you will be fielded in a straight jacket for the next mission.
In the meantime, the walls are SUPER CUDDLY!
You spend your time babbling. Your only clear moments are when the female psych aid brings by your morning meds. She is forced to acquire a mallet to deal with your flirting.

Quaker:
You train in hand-to-hand combat!
Roll: 2!
But you don't quite pull it off...

Plague:
You study up on the Art of Mindcrush!
Roll: 5!
You... fail to grasp the practical applications of combat logic.

DeadEye:

Gunneh:
Note: Even if you don't make an action next turn, I'mma still get your 'ssassin going.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 am

Since logic has failed, spend some time in the library/base archives/reading area/bunk reading to improve my mental capacities.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Something tells me that my time on the earthly plane may be coming to and end, so I spend my time organising and going over a list of people who, if given the chance, would try and go all Assassin's Creed on me until I deduce that the most likely candidates are either FateForetold or Axiom Awaits.

(God, I hope neither of them take a look at this thread...)
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Train in the gym in an attempt to grasp the damage mitigation mastery displayed by Gunneh and Plague during the last mission.

This is all occurring while Eye of the Tiger plays on the PA system...stuck on repeat.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Go to the requisition's office, and acquire an powerfist, not as powerful as the one from another dimension that I should be able to summon at will but for some reason can't, but it will do for the time being.

POWERFIST!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Attempt to regain my sanity long enough to figure out how I will help my comrades in a straight jacket.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Round 16
Operatives-

Plague:
You train your mental capabilities!
Learning Roll: 3!
No progress...
The Commander drops by!

"Congratulations, Plague. You're officially a Sergeant."

Requisition +2 [Squaddie]
Requisition +4 [Sergeant]

Gunneh:
Total Sanity Shortage: 9!
Sanity +4.5=+4!
Sanity Update: [7/12]

You sit in your room, contemplating your life thus far...

Memories begin to float to the surface. Did you forget these? Are... are they even memories at all?

"Diagonal, see?"

You know this happened... but... did it happen to you?

"Pretty sneaky, random little girl..."

It all comes flooding back at once.

"But...the little girls and the Connect 4 and...I kinda promised that I'd spare her life because she beat me...and we did kinda steal their car..."

Heh... she WAS pretty sneaky about that.

You pull the trigger. The home shudders and burns, but does not fall. Drawing Voltron's blazing sword of light, you follow up with a devastating slash, and the home is consumed with flames. The survivors of the attack lie, dazed, on the ground outside. Screams of fear and rage echo in your ears.
"IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL SPARING MY LIFE? IS IT?"

Someone comes rapping, rapping, gently tapping, tapping at your chamber door. Shaking yourself free of your reverie, you stand and shuffle over. A beautiful young woman stands there-- she'd be drop-dead gorgeous if her face weren't so damn angry.

"Are you Gunneh?"
"...uh... Yes'm?"
"I have a question to ask you. Do you remem..."

Tits. Giant tits. Oh god, should be listening... She's looking at you. You should be saying something. You take a shot in the dark.
[Loki's Tally! Sanity Update: [5/12]]

"Erm. Say, you free this afternoon? Because there's a new movie I heard about, and it's supposed to be pretty good."

Roll: 5!

She blushes, and looks momentarily taken aback.

Trait Applied: [Flustered: -2 to attack rolls!]

"Um... Uh... Sure?"

Later, the Commander comes by.

"I just wanted to thank you for the tremendous sacrifice you made in the name of the team, Gunneh. In honor of this, you've been named Captain of Squad 3942-K."
Requisition +9 [Captain]

Time passes. Afternoon comes around. You find the girl waiting outside the compound.

Roll: 3!

You have an... interesting date. The film's about cuddly aliens who come to Earth and boost our technology, but then the law enforcement can't keep up with the super-advanced criminals and they have to create new cyborg soldiers to fight. But... your PTSD acts up again during the movie, so every time one of the cuddly aliens appears on screen, you wet yourself and scream like a girl.

After the movie, the two of you stand around awkwardly outside the theater.

"So, uh... what was your name again?"
"Kimberly."
"So, Kimberly... uh, you wanna head back to my place, and, uh...?"

You stutter to a stop when you notice the vien pulsing on Kimberly's forehead.

"YOU FUCKING PERVERT!"

Her foot moves with surprising speed to your genital regions.

Physical Attack Roll: 7-2[Flustered]!
Physical Dodge Roll: N/A-- Surprise Attack!
Physical Mitigation Roll: 4!
Health Update: [11/12]

Sanity Damage Roll: 3!
Sanity Update: [2/12]

You roll on the ground, manly tears flowing freely. The other theater-goers gather round to kick you in the shins. Turns out, kicking pervs is a bit of a local past-time.

You vaguely hear the girl shout "We'll meet again, bastard!"

Then, you pass out.

DeadEye:
You train your defensive skizzles!
Learning Roll: 4!
...But Gunneh's secret technique still eludes your grasp.
The Commander drops by.
"Heya DeadEye. You made your first kill, so you're a Squaddie now. Woo."

Quaker:
You attempt to requisition a powerfist. The man behind the armament desk looks puzzled.

"Oh no, oh no. We don't have any energy weapons yet! First, you need to bring me a fusion reactor, then some alien alloys, then a neo-capacitor, and THEN we can make you a powerfist."

"Okay... Um... How did you know all that?"

"...AMNESIA DUST!"

You fall to the ground, trying to rub the salt out of your eyes.

The Commander drops by!
"Quaker, in honor of your dropship skillz, you've been promoted to Sergeant."

Mack Terran:
You ponder your usefulness...
And then feel sad that you're the only person who didn't get a promotion! NYAH! Razz

Note: Requisitions shop will come later than planned, but it'll still be there before the next mission starts in earnest!

Note: You get one more turn on base, because I need to sleep and not write the pre-mission dialogue at the moment. Sorry!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 pm

My mind has apparently taken a field trip. Let's hope it gets back before the mission actually gets underway...

Well, might as well do something vaguely dangerous. Examine my trusty shotgun(whom I shall now name "Clubbington the First") and devise a way to improve it's destructive capabilities, be it Melee clubbing or better shooting.

Possibly more Dakka. Always more Dakka.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 am

Hmmm...operation DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE MY FIST is not going according to plan...but I think I have yet to ask the requisition officer...didn't I do that? I can't remember...and what's with all this salt on my uniform?

Well, since powerfist is a no go, let's try something else.

Attempt to adapt my HEAVY CANNON to attach to my arm, Mega man style!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:31 am

Omph... Well... that didn't go as planned. At least I had a date with a hot tits- I mean, a hot girl. Oh, and look at my shiny new rank! I am one happy ma-

They're watching me, aren't they? They're all watching me. Waiting for me to fuck up in some way! Well, I'll show them! I'm gonna be the best goddamn Captain ever! Then we'll see if they'll want to take away my rank!

Argh! Freaking lawn gnomes, everywhere!

*ahem*

Sorry about that. Since my date, I've seemed to have minor slips into Crazyland by way of the Kingdom of Paranoia. I shall, now, to the best of my abilities, name Plague as my Sergeant at Arms,

(He doesn't punch random things that may or may not blow up.)

and then I think I'll try to fashion a nearby rock into a stone club to take with me into the next mission!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Well, it turns out that beating the crap out of myself isn't the way to improve damage mitigation... fuck it, off to the classroom I go. Study combat medicine until some higher understanding of fixing people is gained.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Round 17:
Operatives-
Plague:
You attempt to upgrade Clubbington the First!
Clubbington the First looks displeased. You paint him a happy face, just to cheer yourself up
Trait Acquired: [Artistic: +1 to any artistic rolls]
Note: I'm doing this for Plague and DeadEye to be generous, seeing as their attempts at self improvement have failed thusfar. They'll each get something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what they wanted, but it's still something.

Quaker:
Deep in the underbelly of the compound... you push the limits of human knowledge.
It's ALIVE! IT'S AAAALIIIIVE!
Trait Acquired: [One Handed: You only have one hand.]
Item Updated: [Heavy Cannon-[15/15][Clip:[2/2]][AP]]
Learning Roll: 4!

Gunneh:
You prepare a sacred club for battle, in the tradition passed down from your forefathers!
And on the seventh day, Gunneh crafted the weapon. And saw that it was good.
Item Acquired: [The Breaker- [25/25][ML][Inspiring: On kill, all local squad members gain +1 sanity]]
Achievement Unlocked: Armorer-- Acquire two unique items.
Learning Roll: 1!

DeadEye:
You watch the medics at work.
One of them trips, and you take a scalpel to the face.
After they patch you up, you get sent back to the barracks. On the way out, a nurse whispers to you "On the plus side, that'll leave a sexy scar."
Trait Acquired: [Scarred: +1 to attempts to look sexy, badass. -1 to interactions with anyone terrified or panicking]

Mission 2:
Cydonia or Bust

The Skyranger parts the atmosphere once again en route to Mission 2. You received no briefing this time-- instead, the Commander had you taken from your beds while asleep and ushered onto the Skyranger. His last words before the hatch slammed closed were:
"Oh, and Operative Shadow is dead. Just thought you should know."

You're not sure how she died exactly, but whatever happened to Shadow, only one thing is certain: Fred the Cover could not save her. You picture Fred, wandering the world as a lone cover, protecting those in need. Never staying too long in once place, never getting to know the lives he saves. He just keeps moving, trying to escape the memory of the one he couldn't save, trying to erase the guilt that stains his soul. Maybe someday you'll see him again, on the other side.

The screens on the walls of the Skyranger buzz to life.

One displays a video.

The other displays the following message:
Requisition Store:
[Weapons]
[Pistol-[6/6][Clip:[6/6]]] 3 points
[Rifle-[8/8][Clip:[12/12]]] 5 points
[Shotgun-[6/6][Clip:[3/3]][SCTR]] 5 points
[Auto Cannon-[6/6][Clip:[3/3]][+1 to all endurance drains]] 7 points
[Heavy Cannon-[12/12][Clip:[1/1]][AP][+1 to all endurance drains]] 5 points
[Rocket Launcher-[10/10][Clip:[0/1]]] 6 points

[Grenades]
[Grenade-[3/3]] 1 point
[Smoke Grenade-[6/6]] 2 for 1 point
[Proximity Grenade-[2/2]] 2 points
[Incendiary Grenade-[3/3][I]] 2 points
[Flashbang Grenade-[6/6][STN]] 2 for 1 point
[High Explosive-[1/1][HE]] 2 points

[Armor]
[Personal Armor- [12/12][+1 to all mitigation rolls][+1 to all endurance drains]] 8 points

[Equipment]
[Electroflare-[4/4][LGHT]] 1 point
[Com. Unit-[4/4][CMD1]] 4 points
[First Aid Kit-[5/5][MDC1] 4 points
[Field Map-[3/3][See in all directions rather than looking in each direction. Does not show enemies.]] 3 points
[Spare Rifle Clip-[6/6]] 2 points
[Spare Pistol Clip-[4/4]] 1 point
[Spare Shotgun Shells-[2/2]] 3 for 2 points
[Spare Cannon Shell-[2/2]] 1 point
[Spare Rocket-[1/1][+1 to all endurance drains]] 2 points

Equipment will be delivered to mission site via orbital drop crate. That is all.

You plan your purchases...

Note: All weapons other than the rocket launcher come with a full clip.
Note: You can only deploy with two weapons and 5 grenades/equipments at any time. Similarly, you can only wear one set of armor. This can be modified by traits.
Note: Requisition is also used for field support.

The Skyranger touches down. Time to get moving.

Note: Just include any/all purchases before your action. They'll arrive next turn. You'll find your current requisition reserves listed right below your kills in the opening post.

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Requisition: 2 grenades, 1 field map, 1 spare heavy cannon shell = 6 points.

I storm out of the skyranger, my CANNON ARM held in front of me ready for combat. But before we can begin, I take out my field map and look for points of interest.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Two boxes(of three?) of shotgun rounds = 4 points

Quaker's on point, eh? Come on, Clubbington! That video has inspired me to paint an epic cowboy gunfight on the side of the Skyranger!

The tune is also stuck in my head. Mental note: Get a horse.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 pm

(Not sure if this is allowed, but...)
Get rid of the rifle in favor of a pistol (frees up 2 inventory)
Grab a First Aid Kit (4 inventory, but "Squaddie" provides the other 2 points required)
Exchange the electroflare for a pistol magazine.

(If that's not allowed, I'll take a spare rifle magazine and call it a day.)

Sweep the immediate area around the skyranger, looking for any possible traps set by the enemy.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:25 am

They still send me to the fray despite the fact that Lord Funk seems to have abandoned me? Strange. I do not understand it at all. However, one thing is clear... the colors are following me...

After completing inner monologue, stay close to the other squad members, with no ability to attack long rang enemies due to the straight jacket I need to have someone to defend me?
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Requisition: Personal Armour (8pts.) + Rifle Clip (2pts. = 10pts.
Remaining Points: 5pts.

"No one's gonna take me aliiiiiiiive, the time has come to make things riiiiiiiiight..."

At last, the lawn gnomes have have let me be! Curse those dastardly things! Wait...what are we doing again? Oh yeah, we have a mission.

Signal for the squad to line up so we can head into the mission area as quickly as possible.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 am

Round 18:
Operatives-

Quaker:
You scan your surroundings.
You appear to have landed in a wasteland of dust and rock. The only vegetation is the shrubs which dot the landscape. The only creature you see is a hawk perched on a rocky outcropping. It watches you suspiciously.

Looking at the map, you see more of the same in all directions except west. To the west, the map indicates a small settlement is present. More precisely, it says "HERE THERE BE PEOPLE," but you take some interpretive license.

In related news, using a map with one hand is hard.
Note: Two requisition points remaining!

Plague:
Metal is your canvas, flame your paint.
Difficulty: 10!
Roll: 3+1(Artistic!)+1(Pyrotechnic)+3(Ginger)= 8!
There are guns. There is fighting. There are mermaids riding mechanical steeds into battle against robot zombies.
Inspiration has been achieved.
Sky Ranger Upgrade: [Inspirational: +2 to defensive rolls in the landing site]
Note: Seven requisition points remaining!

DeadEye:
You search for traps!
Roll: Hidden!
...You don't see anything overtly trap-ish. That hawk is giving you the evil eye though.
Note: No requisition points remaining!

Mac Terran:
In a flicker of sanity, you decide to stick to the gr--
Insanity Action: 2!
OH MY GOD, IS THAT LORD FUNK? LORD FUNK NEEDS YOU! CHARGE, FOR GLORY AND HONOR!
You sprint northeast.
Endurance Roll: 5!
Endurance Update: [7/12]
Lord Funk greets you.
"Like, hey bro. I need some help, ASAP-style."
He watches you for a moment, and his voice changes.
Deep in this desert lies a tower, defended by monstrous creatures. At the top of the tower is the Crystal of Olliphadeli. I need you to retrieve it for me. Will you do this for me, my disciple?

Gunneh:
"ALL RIGHT YOU LILY-LIVERED SONS OF CHINAMEN! GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!"
Command-- Form UP!
Group Effect Applied: [Organized Advance: All sane squad members gain +2 on combat rolls, but must follow the movements of the Commanding Officer. Three turns remaining.]
Learning Roll: 2!
Note: Five requisition points remaining!

Events-
Supply Drop:
A streak of fire and metal plummets from the sky, crashing to the ground a short distance from the group. On it's side is a simple message:
"Orbital Drop Courtesy of QMTC. Please Consider QMTC For All Your Future Transport Needs."
Slowly picking yourself off the ground, you move to the crate alongside the rest of your squad.
The side pops open, and you retrieve your purchases.

Note: I'll be updating the front page tomorrow morning, because I'm a lazy bastard. Deal with it. Razz

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 am

Yes Lord Funk... I would do anything for you. I do however require your assistance too. Should I help you, I will need the use of my arms back, do you concur?

After what is hopefully an agreement, move off toward the north, to begin searching for the tower.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I lost a member of my squad to the Lord of Funk.... Well alright then. After Quaker relays the information from the map, I begin to wave my hand in the air in some sort of fancy motion signaling for the squad to move up, but I stop because, out of the corner of my eye, I see a hawk that seems to be watching us just a bit too intently.

"Quaker, you're our point man. Everyone, keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious...like lawn gnomes... Oh, and if that bird tries anything sneaky, someone blow it's creepy, birdy beak out the the back of it's head."

Signal the squad to roll out to the west and tune into my Neolithic Instincts to make see if we've got any baddies nearby.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Well obviously the bird is being suspicious...by being a BIRD! Obviously birds plot our demise the the ruination of a finely waxed vehicle with their excrement with finely tuned aim from their poopholes!

SHOOT THE BIRD IN THE POOP HOLE WITH MAH CANNON!

(Hears "Go Megaman!" in the distance, but ignores it.)
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Follow along with the team, paying ATTENTION TO DETAILS to avoid any possible threats.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:23 am

With a mental note of which general direction Mack went, I trudge along with the squad, already missing my beloved painting. Thank god I still have fire.

Since everyone is watching so intently, I'll keep an eye on our six. Enemies are wise enough(I think) to attack from the rear. Besides...Clubbington hungers! For Clubbing!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:04 am

Round 19:
Operatives-
Mack Terran:
Endurance +1!
Endurance Update: 8!
You attempt to reason with the Funky One.
Persuasion Roll: 1!
Lord Funk glances at you dismissively.
Your attire is of no concern to me!
You wander north in the rocky wasteland...
Endurance Roll: 2!
Endurance Update: 6!
Out springs a Jabberwock! And you appear to have left your Vorpal Blade at home!

Gunneh:
"MOVE OUT!"
Signalling the squad west, you lead the advance.
Endurance Roll: 3+1(Armor)!
Endurance Update: [8/12]
The town appears empty, aside from the shutters suddenly closing and the doors bolting as you walk past.
Maybe it's the club?
Two turns of organization left.

Quaker:
OVERKILL IS A GO!
Physical Attack Roll: 5+2(QUAKER CANNON)=7!
Damage: 7x2(Heavy Cannon)=14!
Physical Dodge Roll: 2!
Physical Mitigation Roll: 3!
Damage: 14-3=11!
Target Health Update: [-9/2]
...I'm not even counting that as a kill. AND you can't complain, because there's no proof that hawk was even sitting there before.
Achievement Unlocked: Senseless Violence-- WHY? WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU DO THAT?]
Clip Update: [1/2]
...You're dragged along!
Endurance Update: [10/12]

DeadEye:
You continue your paranoia.
Sergeant At Arms Plague seems to be acting suspiciously.
...You're dragged along!
Endurance Update: [10/12]

Plague:
You keep an eye to the east.
...Nothing unusual to report.
...You're dragged along!
Endurance Roll: 4!
Endurance Update: [8/12]

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next