FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character looking for a home

Go down

Character looking for a home Empty Character looking for a home

Post by emeraldeye Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 am

I made a character on another site for a Power Rangers RP (don't laugh, it was actually really well adapted for a mature audience, none of that cheezy ninja moves and lycra suits) but the role play died before it even really started. Nonetheless I had a lot of fun creating this character and writing his first post so I would like to explore him some more.

It was written for a modern day, slightly sci-fi kind of setting, though I can extend it to a little more sci-fi if needed. Or it can be solely modern day, I don't mind. As of the moment I don't really have many ideas for a story, but then I've never been particularly story oriented with my role plays. Generally I start with two (or more) characters and the story is built around them. I may have a general direction in mind but ideas come while writing the posts themselves. Or not, in which case we go back to discussion in IM or OOC.

Anyway if you have a setting, role play idea, or just a character you think would be fun to play with him please post it and let me know.

Name: Gabriel Tristan O'Brian.
Height: 6 feet (180 cm)
Weight: 75kg (165.3lbs)
Visual Appearance:
Spoiler:
Written Appearance: A black tat on the inside of one wrist, three crescents with their arcs touching.
Lightly bleached hair and green eyes, Gabriel could be called pretty. Except he would punch out the first person who did so. He's fairly muscular but not overly so, simply fit and it's rare that he works out more than his job requires
Personality: somewhat rebellious, Gabriel likes to do things his way, often to the detriment of others. He also has a habit of looking out for number one first and foremost but that doesn't mean he can't look out for another's interests above his own provided someone gives him the reason to do so (ie trust, not something he's good at giving). When set on a path he will see it through to the very end, the problem is convincing him it's worth his time. While Gabriel has no trouble lying (especially about some aspects of his past) he is generally an honest person and will tell the truth about practically everything else, sometimes with little tact. Despite many of these somewhat negative aspects, Gabriel is a trustworthy person; when he says he'll do something he'll do his damnedest to carry it out. After all, such determination wouldn't have gotten him to where he is today.
Likes: adrenalin rushes, shineys (gems, sparkly jewelry, even something as simple as an unusually coloured stone found on the sidewalk will catch his fancy and join his magpie collection), the feeling of accomplishment after a perfect heist that leaves the authorities guessing, heavy rock music which he often plays along to with his violin.
Dislikes: feeling useless, apple sauce or really anything with apples in it, country music, or really country hicks in general, any kind of authority figure, his father.
Quirks: Gabriel has a strong gut instinct which he will always trust. Always. No exceptions. His gut feeling has saved his life countless times before, with only one exception with disastrous results.
Talents: agility, stealth, quick tongue, sharp eyes, and, surprisingly, the violin, something he enjoys playing in private to relax
Education: High School drop out.
Background: Gabriel is one of those boys mothers don't want their sons associating with. His mother died when he was very young, he barely remembers her and his father continuously brought home a string of mistresses. Gabriel cut classes a lot and eventually just stopped going, dropping out part way through year ten. To cover his lack of formalized education he pleads disinterest in whatever subjects he is ignorant of. He fell in with a bad crowd, a gang to be more specific, quite a large and well organized one dealing in drugs as well as the finer things in life. Gabriel was 'lucky' enough to be taken under the wing of a woman higher up who taught him what she knew. She was what was commonly known as a cat-burgler, though she preferred to be called a purveyor of the finer things in life. It taught him stealth, agility, a sharp eye and skillful lying among other things. He was her prized pupil until she was killed.

After that the gang still saw a use for him and he was sent on many jobs, sometimes as nothing more than a get away driver, sometimes as the sole person robbing an art gallery for some original masterpiece. He loves his work, loves the adrenalin and though he is moving up in the gang, now only a few rungs below the top, he's beginning to grow rather dissatisfied with it all. With no other options available to him, however, he sees no other way out.
emeraldeye
emeraldeye
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down