FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another World, Another Home

2 posters

Go down

Another World, Another Home Empty Another World, Another Home

Post by RedPen Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Katie has everything going for her - the perfect life as most would tell her. She couldn't want anything more. She has a mother and father that love her, two very protective brothers that threaten her fiancé every time they see him in case he breaks their baby sisters heart, and an older sister that she talks to and trusts like a best friend. With her wedding approaching things are perfect. She even has the perfect job, some would say it was completely boring, but Katie loves it. She works as a librarian. Nothing could possibly go wrong and Katie is well on the way to a happy life with Mark, that is until she finds a rare book at the library.

On that cold Monday in January Katie started her 9 hour job at work just like usual. She arrived early to make sure that the place was tidy, and she was the one that was trusted to open and lock up morning and night. At 21 Katie was trusting and responsible. She'd never done anything wrong in her life - never got in trouble. She was more afraid of getting into trouble than anything. She was one that would worry over everything and had to have everything organised to feel right. That particular day was a slow and boring one, with most people at work or school, the week was always quiet, well except lunch and the evenings. But Katie didn't mind, it gave her a chance to read the books there instead.

Thinking back to it, Katie would soon realise that it was probably one of the biggest mistakes she'd ever done - reading a book. This wasn't just any book though. It was one of another language, sitting at the back of the library in a lonesome and not so often visited place. It caught Katie's attention because that Monday it was lying on the ground, opened at a particular page. The page itself only had a few words written on it.

Il rae youha relenta gohundi...

Having no idea what it meant, it had already caught her interest and so she took it back to the desk with her. She didn't get much chance to read it as the evening traffic soon arrived and she was busy checking books in and out as well as helping people find the books they wanted. Before she knew it, the day was over and it was time to go home. The book still not read Katie decided to take it with her and so checked it out.

It had started snowing when she left and was pitch black. Normally Mark would be there to pick her up but she remembered him mentioning that he had a meeting that evening. As she walked home, all she could think about was those words and eventually her lips spoke the forgotten words.

Then for Katie, all went black...

When Katie opens her eyes she's in the middle of a field, the sun shining brightly down on her - a nice warm day and no snow in sight, something that wasn't supposed to happen in the middle of winter. Slowly remembering what happened, Katie wonders where she is. It's not long later that someone finds her, a prince of the land - a higher being than her, one that makes her realise that she's not in her world and she's now been dragged into a world of magic and everything unknown to her. What's worse is, he takes a liking to this mystery of a girl immediately and being a guy that gets everything he wants he thinks that that means he can have her to. Katie thinks differently though and has a few words of her own to say to that.

The problem is, how does she get home. She has no idea it was the book that brought her here, and even if she did she has no idea what words will get her back home. And the Prince is unwilling to help her, more desperate to try and make her fall for him before she finds the way to leave. Question is, will she learn to love this new world and love him, or will she continue her quest to get herself home to Mark and her family.

Urgh, sorry that is so long, longer than I planned actually for an idea that I came up with as I was writing it. I'm looking for someone that's more advanced and can bring new ideas and plots to this general story. I normally write anywhere from 500 to 1000 words per post depending on what I'm given to work with. I'm looking for someone that can play multiple characters as I will as the story advances and are pretty active. By that I mean one post per day or every other day at the minimum would be nice. I understand that everyone has real lives though and that they get in the way.

Well, if anyone is interested let me know. I'm willing to try this roleplay out as multiple one on ones to. Also, I'm looking to play Katie so I need someone to play the prince of this other world.

RedPen

RedPen
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Another World, Another Home Empty Re: Another World, Another Home

Post by Cthulhu Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Interesting. I have a char, and even a plot that would work marvelous with this. I will message you!

Cthulhu
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down