FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

+6
Skitzo-phrenick
Silvan Arrow
Dio the Awesome
Bird of Hermes
Kyrt Malthorn
YenWen
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 3 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 am

Ditto, I'm all but hog-tied at work these days. I hope I don't have to put off a post 'til the weekend but, egads its already Wednesday.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 3 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I plan to have something up today.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:31 pm

What's your name?: Professer Skywind
Mhm, and you're how old?: 29
Damn. What do you look like then?: I have greenish-blue eyes that hide behind black glasses. My hair is long – almost to my waist – and is a chestnut brown. I am not very tall – I’m only five-four, but don’t underestimate me!
Well isn't that nice. What's your life like?: My life, well, there’s not much to know. I was never a very entertaining child. I was always into books and Pokémon. My father and mother? Why must everyone ask that? Alright, just this once more. You see, by mother came from a rather privileged family. She was well off, you could say. My father was a young and handsome professor, but without a penny to his name. So, it is no wonder that their marriage was a grand scandal, at least, from what I hear. Supposedly, they were in love, but I don’t know of such a thing. When I was six, my mother left home and never came back. Happy now? I followed in my father’s footsteps as a professor. The most important lesson he ever taught me was that we must live together with Pokemon. We can’t control them. We must gain their trust.
K. Do you have any Pokémon of your own? Which ones?: My very first Pokémon was a Swablu given to me on my tenth birthday by my father – she’s now a beautiful golden Altaria. I also have a Charizard and a Gyarados. I did extensive research on these two for the uses of Pokémon for transportation. I have a Plusle and Minun that I raised to demonstrate the power of Pokémon for energy. They now live at my home and power my research! Then there’s my loyal Pidove – I have him trained to deliver messages.
Awesome. Anything else we should know?: I am a researcher for Synthesis Labs and I teach courses on living successfully with Pokémon.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I can accept that :3

And I never told Skitzo that hers is accepted, but it is.

You can post whenever you like :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Hermes is your character male or female?

And Yen, thanks for the acception. I would post now but I'm actually waiting on Chain. He said he had ideas for BS logic for haunter and I'm very unsure of playing until his character sheet is up and we get all that ironed out... For all our sakes though I'm thinking about giving him a time limit or at least posting but keeping Haunter out of the picture till then. We'll see what I come up with.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am

Oh, female. ^_^

I just realized that I didn't mention it anywhere.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:59 am

Bird of Hermes, reading your character sheet gave me an idea. Would it be alright if, at some point after the start of the story, my character were to be signed up for her "courses on living successfully with Pokémon"?

And, would those courses be hands-on at all? I.e. people who have Pokémon bring them and/or go on "practical field trips" with them? Or have homework?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 pm

I was thinking about half-and-half. Part lecturing and then part putting it into practice.

Something like that. We could work on the idea if you had anything in particular in mind.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Nothing in mind for the course, no. I'm just getting together ideas for ways my character's mother might try to get him into Pokémon. Or, at least, out of the house.

With my current character being the quiet, stay-at-home, less adventuresome type, I do most of my work thinking of ways to throw him into play with the others. This just being one of my possibilities.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Sorry for the quiet, all. Harper and I tend to go home on the weekends and we've been awfully distracted.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 am

... I'm thinking I should stop waiting for Chain....
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 am

This weekend has been crazy for me so far, and I've had a bit of writer's block. I'll try and put up something today, probably this evening after my dance rehearsal.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

I hope so, because it always feels like my posts are the kisses of death whenever I roleplay. >.<
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Don't worry, you are not the grim reaper of role-plays, Dio. Actually, I had an idea about my first post. Maikka could be in Castelia City for a research conference and walking back at night when she sees a light at the port and gets freaked out when she sees the Gyrados. She guesses that whatever's going on is no good and starts to call the police. I would end it there and leave it up to you how to respond (I'm guessing your character is used to dodging the police). At least it would set up some sort of conflict and get some character interaction going.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 pm

That sounds perfect. I was going to have the police show up of their own accord anyways.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Okay, great! I'm still working on the post (I got distracted by a two-hour long Skype call last night...but in a good way), but I'll get that posted as soon as humanly possible. I teach tonight and have a big test on Thursday, so role-playing is kind of on the back burner as of now.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:09 am

Back burner indeed; here, too. Sorry guys I've been planning to get to this and it just hasn't been happening, between a lot of work, and power outages and other problems the last couple days (the part of Texas I live in is bloody well buried in snow, and Texans are never prepared for a cold front like I'm used to in Michigan). Plus a story I'm writing on my own is so very, very close to finished (first draft), so a lot of my writing gumption is devoted to that....

I don't know, guys. I'm seriously considering dropping this story simply because I have so much on my plate and don't want to be a holdup, heck I can't even think how to pose an intro for my character, and I've tried for a week.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 am

Hmmm. I want to post. But I am not sure if I should wait for others. I'm also not sure if we decided officially on a gene splicing plot. Here is a teaser of my post. Feed back plox. I don't want this RP to die.

The deal was wrapping up. My father did the rest of the talking, well, as much talking as he ever did. Everyone once in a while he would clarify things like price and pokemon type. I had returned Gyarados to his pokeball sometime ago, but it seemed like he was still restless. Then Hayaki, who had been silent the entire time, unexpected started to speak.

"There is another product on the market. As business partners, I would hate for you to miss out on such a lucrative opportunity." He spoke with a soft, almost melodic voice. "It involves genetic splicing. The theory behind it is this; by combining genes from a human and a pokemon you could give someone pokemon like powers."
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:20 am

Sounds like a good idea to me, Dio, but of course our GM will need to approve it first. It would certainly set up some semblance of a conflict and plot as our characters have to decide how they feel about these splicing experiments and what to do about them.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 pm

I'll try to get something up today. Sorry for the wait. I'm thinking it's a waste of time to wait for Chain and I'll just stick with Haunter how he is.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry for the wait, all, I had a major computer melt down last night :/

Dio, Harper and I were discussing it, and he had a good idea. If your character were to get shot or seriously injured, that could set up for an introduction into the world of splicing. I mean if his father is in the game of splicing, would he pass on an opportunity to see it in action on a human?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 pm

But, that's for you to decide... and I think you guys should go ahead and post because my next post won't be until the morning after everything that's going on right now. It'd be nice to keep some semblance of chronological order.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:53 am

Okay, I've finally caught up and read everything.... Couldn't really comment on the story related ideas because I had a hard time finding the time to just sit down and read all the posts.

Anyway, I noticed by the start that I have a bit of trouble integrating my character into the plot with the other characters. Now I've got an idea for an intro post at least, but from there I don't know how I'm going to get Becca involved with everyone else.

For the intro post I have in mind the idea of her coming from Nacrene City (her hometown) to visit Castelia to do a medicine run and get a few necessary drugs from Castelia's pokemon center, but as far as keeping her there I have no idea what to do. I think from there I'll have her maybe be attracted to 'police noises' that will come from the dock or something but really I'm gonna be running on blanks. Thankfully, Becca's careless enough to simply NOT return home, but I need to give her a good reason to do that. Any ideas?

On a minorly offended note: Is there a reason my character profile isn't in the first post?

Last edited by Skitzo-phrenick on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:18 am

Well. If she is by the dock, she could see my misusing the pokemon I own. I am pretty demanding. It could cause her to want to stop me. Possibly teaming up with Silvan's character.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 am

Well that could work. If she's attracted by the sounds of the police and sees your character using Gyrados in that normal abusive way he does to escape she would definitely get herself involved somehow.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:05 am

Well, I posted. Now you just need to happen across them, and watch my Gyarados wreck shit.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 am

Yes, Skitzo, yes there is a reason: I'm lazy and forgetful. I'm very sorry for that.
As for your post, an intro post is exactly that, an introduction. As long as the time coordinates with everyone else, think of it as if you're the first one posting. After everyone, or most everyone, has gone through, it'll be easier to figure out how everyone will and can interact. But that's your choice to do or not.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 pm

So I'm the next to post then? Alright I'll get something up soon.

Lol. And thanks Yen. For a second I thought that because it took me so long to post you counted me out of the game.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Okay, that post was CLEARLY longer than I initially intended it to be, but I like how it came out anyway.

I can understand how Becca's misunderstanding of the situation would cause some confusion, so if anyone needs me to clarify I will, and I'll go back an edit to see if I can make what happened a bit more understandable.

Dio, I had her make a bit of distraction, so if that helps your character, by all means please take advantage. Smile
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 am

You guys can keep going for a bit. Next time I post, it'll be the next day, sooo... Right.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next