FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So these two guys walk into a bar... The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM -

2 posters

Go down

So these two guys walk into a bar...   The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM - Empty So these two guys walk into a bar... The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM -

Post by Notebookface Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Bear with me here, I'm just going straight off the top of my head, and probably won't edit this for clarity before I post it.

It seems that, wherever there is a fantasy world, and there's a tavern involved, there will be a fight scene of some sort. They just attract them. All of the alcohol, the ornery adults with their tempers already short after a long day on the farm, and so on.

This is, first and foremost, a more light-hearted, comedic RP I want to conduct. I'd be looking for one or two more people to participate in this.

What I have in mind is this: The story would start just a few hours after certain events take place at one of Generic Fantasy Universe X's fine establishments, where the two biggest offenders involved are already in jail. An NPC would start grilling one character about how he ended up in the cell with him, and who the other guy in the next cell over is. Both guys are banged up something fierce, and are considerably hungover. They're having trouble remembering, but this NPC is really interested in hearing their story.

So they oblige him--by telling him quite a goddamn story. Epic brawls that spill out into the streets, dragging the city guard into it, bodies being tossed through storefront windows; some really dangerous and exciting stuff. Of course, most of this didn't actually happen. The two PCs are simply still bitter over last night Instead of trading blows in the cells, they try to one-up each other by fabricating the previous night's events.

Gosh, I hope I haven't lost you.

I guess to sum it all up, I'm interested in doing a sort of hot potato writing exercise, where I'd build up a story by writing "Yeah, I picked a fight with a cop. Threw him through a window." and you'd retaliate with "Actually, you got tossed through the window. I just made sure the two that were after you followed suit." And then I'd reply with something even crazier, and it would escalate from there.

Get where I'm going with this? I just want to have a quick, fun RP to get back into the swing of things. Any takers?

Last edited by Notebookface on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notebookface
Notebookface
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

So these two guys walk into a bar...   The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM - Empty Re: So these two guys walk into a bar... The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM -

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 pm

So, is the whole role-play just meant to be dialogue, or would it be a sort of constant-flash-back sort of deal?

What I mean by the latter is, you know how in movies and stories how there will sometimes be someone "narrating" the story, but it switches from them talking to their actually doing these things in the past?

In writing, this could mean just posting completely in first person, past tense while the story is being told and switching to second person, present tense while the view is from the cells. It could also just completely be in second person past tense, but there would be greater clarity ((and a greater challenge)) in the first idea.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

So these two guys walk into a bar...   The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM - Empty Re: So these two guys walk into a bar... The morning after! - ON HOLD ATM -

Post by Notebookface Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 pm

All valid questions that I'll need to think through.

Unfortunately, I'll have to get back to you--I need to put this thread on hold for two weeks. Got a string of ten twelve-hour workdays coming up, and will need to divert my energy towards that.

Notebookface
Notebookface
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm content to wait. ^^_^^

Real life comes first!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down