FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

+6
Skitzo-phrenick
Silvan Arrow
Dio the Awesome
Bird of Hermes
Kyrt Malthorn
YenWen
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 5 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by YenWen Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Took me 56 hours of playing o.o... but yes.. I did... Must catch them all....

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC- - Page 5 Empty Re: A Monstrous World We Hold -OOC-

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Man I need to get my post done if people are finishing video games while waiting.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

If it would make things easier I can post tonight and push the timeline into the next morning. Things were left off where mere summarization can fill the gap between time now, but only if you and Silvan are okay with that. Just let me know.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Forgive my slowness. I think that Harpers post to jump to the next morning is much needed. I'll wait for that.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Starstruck Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:51 pm

YenWen wrote:It sounds fine as long as you can hold up a decent explanation for each pokemon. Of course, some are easy to explain, but for their moves, make-up, and terms of evolution need to be held up. As explained before, when it comes to evolution, it's normally a small process, except for the encounter of evolution stones, which are extremely difficult to explain by science.
What about radiation? That's known to cause mutations (more often cancer, but...) that could cause evolution. If we label the fuzzy little guys as genetically unstable, evolution becomes simple, if imperfectly explained. o.o"

But, that's what I have to say. Level-based evolution is fairly simple, though; I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have only one stone-based (that I can remember Razz).

Everything else translates to mind-over-matter, really. Specifics are irrelevant unless you want filler for a post with a scientist in it, but it's fun to speculate sometimes. Laughing

YenWen wrote:Also, I finished Black yesterday, or at least got to the credits. There's still a good portion of the region you don't discover until afterword. EXCELLENT ending.
Don't spoil it! O.O" I still have to beat the Elite Four before I'm done. I can't even make it ten steps into Victory Road before I'm almost wiped out. Shocked UP'ed much?

But, enough about that... Blah Blah Blah

I'll start on a post. My posts are...long...but I'll speed up if I can find a way to squeeze myself in Smile

~Starstruck
Starstruck
Starstruck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Go ahead with your post, Harper. If necessary, Skitzo and I can catch up easily enough. Our current timeline is pretty late into the night anyway, so we can easily cover enough ground with some character interactions to push it into next morning.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Starstruck wrote:
What about radiation? That's known to cause mutations (more often cancer, but...) that could cause evolution. If we label the fuzzy little guys as genetically unstable, evolution becomes simple, if imperfectly explained. o.o"

But, that's what I have to say. Level-based evolution is fairly simple, though; I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have only one stone-based (that I can remember Razz).

Everything else translates to mind-over-matter, really. Specifics are irrelevant unless you want filler for a post with a scientist in it, but it's fun to speculate sometimes. Laughing

Don't spoil it! O.O" I still have to beat the Elite Four before I'm done. I can't even make it ten steps into Victory Road before I'm almost wiped out. Shocked UP'ed much?

But, enough about that... Blah Blah Blah

I'll start on a post. My posts are...long...but I'll speed up if I can find a way to squeeze myself in Smile

~Starstruck

Um, I think you're missing a bit here. Hold your horses, pal. I said it sounded fine for the most part, not that it was entirely accepted. I think you need to reacquaint yourself to the first post here in the OOC. There's already a set up for a lot of things, including Pokemon. They've been introduced as being around as long as people have. You can't simply introduce it as radiation now. I take that as a bit of an 'easy way out'. I need some suitable, plausible-seeming evidence, even if it is just BS science. Before I can let you start, I need you to clean it up.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:32 pm

I sent you a message voicing our main concerns with your cs. If you haven't checked it, you might want to so there isn't anymore confusion, Starstruck.

Edit* Also, I posted.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeanthen Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey, are you guys still accepting? Because I'd love to join.

Zeanthen
Mist
Mist

Male

http://zeanthen@live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Sure we are :3 All perspectives are welcome.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeanthen Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:19 am

Okay Thank you YenWen.

Zeanthen
Mist
Mist

Male

http://zeanthen@live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starstruck Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

YenWen wrote:Um, I think you're missing a bit here. Hold your horses, pal. I said it sounded fine for the most part, not that it was entirely accepted. I think you need to reacquaint yourself to the first post here in the OOC. There's already a set up for a lot of things, including Pokemon. They've been introduced as being around as long as people have. You can't simply introduce it as radiation now. I take that as a bit of an 'easy way out'. I need some suitable, plausible-seeming evidence, even if it is just BS science. Before I can let you start, I need you to clean it up.

Hmm? I read the first post...I guess I must have missed that part. Very well, I'll get to editing, and to the BS science behind it. Let's see, we have yin-yang biology, situational internal chemistry, prevaricate inverse variables of the psychic membrane...Laughing I'll have fun with this. Mind if I re-post?

~Starstruck
Starstruck
Starstruck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Starstruck wrote:

Hmm? I read the first post...I guess I must have missed that part. Very well, I'll get to editing, and to the BS science behind it. Let's see, we have yin-yang biology, situational internal chemistry, prevaricate inverse variables of the psychic membrane...Laughing I'll have fun with this. Mind if I re-post?

~Starstruck

Reposting or editing is fine.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 am

Alright after 2 weeks of working 6 days, and using the weekends to recuperate I've finally gone back to a normal 5 day schedule and will have a post up either today or tomorrow.... or even the day after that since my schedule's so weird now. Sorry to keep you all waiting.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 pm

No worries, Skitzo. My life is quickly going to heck in a handbasket with all my grad school stuff. By all means, take your time. Looking forward to reading it!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:49 pm

lol. I'm sorry to hear that Silvan. I wrote the post out by hand but I've got to go through a read through and edit before I post it. Tonight or tomorrow... and yes I know that's a few days past when I actually said I would do it... Apparently I underestimated my laziness and need to not think.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Great post, Skitzo! I'll have to delay posting until later in the week at the earliest. I'm kind of having a freak-out weekend cramming for a major test on Monday that's 20% of my grade, and then I get to freak out over grading, thesis stuff, and a presentation so I can clear my weekend for my friend who's (hopefully!) coming to visit. Hope you all will bear with me!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:07 am

Man, take your time. I'm having a bit of a freak out as well but it's more art related now that I'm rushing to get two complete works done before May 7th because I have a contest that has that day as a due date. -.-

Glad you liked my post though... believe it or not I would have posted yesterday but I forgot that the post was there.... I guess I've been cutting back on my sleeping hours a bit too much. >.>
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Alright, I don't know if you all have looked yet, (you probably have) but I've posted. The time between posts here may be a bit drawn out because I'm hella picky about this one.

However, I'm considering other casual roleplay ideas for the time in between. You know, just to keep the fingers from getting rusty and to have a little fun. Ever since the coming out of Black and White, I've gotten ideas of exporting other foreign ideas into an American setting. Possibly how a Harry Potter-esque world would work. I fear, for that one, I would end up taking it much too seriously, so it may be out of the question. If anyone here is interested in a casual roleplay, I'd be happy to, say, shoot the breeze?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Yeah, I saw your post, YenWen. I really liked it! I've just been really busy with grad school stuff and haven't had a chance to catch up on any of my posts yet. Next on my queue is a Viemera post, and then I'll whip up something for this one. Right now I'm pretty much maxed out on role-plays, but I might be down for something over the summer, depending on how my work schedule pans out.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 am

I saw your post as well Yen. That was definitely a fun read. As for a casual roleplay I'd have to see the IC or the OOC before I bother with it. Right now though I really don't have much time. At some point earlier on in this RP I started working on creating my own as well which still needs a bit more work before I put it up.

So in short.... maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. I wish you luck with the casual idea though.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 am

So..... what's going on with this RP?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

I know I've been due to write a post for a while now, but I literally have not had time to breathe with the semester ending and then I'm going out of town as soon as I'm done. I won't be free until May 2nd at the earliest, so I please ask for your patience.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 pm

It's alright. I know you're busy. I'm more concerned about everyone else. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same things going on.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm

I have a feeling it's the end-of-the-semester crunch for most people at this point. My other role-plays have also been going a lot slower than usual too. Not to mention my internet at home is really messed up, so the only times I can get online are when I'm at the lab doing work.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Damn... Yeah... my out of school laziness totally makes it difficult for me to figure out were you all are with your semester. Sounds like a lot of stuff just piled on for you though.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:24 pm

It's literally been ridiculous this past week. I've had two presentations, received 60 final papers from my students (almost done with those though, thank God), and started and finished a biometry problem set (which is all computer programming) this week alone. I'm getting scuba-certified this weekend for my thesis research, and then I get to submit my students' final grades, study for a monster oceanography exam, and start/finish my biometry final exam all by Thursday so I can go out of town to visit my crush before coming back to study for comprehensive oral exams.

Whew...I almost gave myself a panic attack writing that...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 pm

You almost gave me a panic attack reading that. 0.o

I really hope all goes well and smoothly for you.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starstruck Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm

FINALLY FREE!

That was about the most awful torrent of homework I've ever endured. Even with it all held at bay, my posting will be severely cut.

However, I'm taking advantage of this time to work on my sheet. It's a little bit of slow work, because I have to fact-check now, but I'm certain that I'll get it right this time.

By the way, I'm a little confused with the whole idea of how long it takes to heal. If I may throw my two cents in?

There's a lot of punishment that a human body can take before succumbing. Sharp things excepted, we tend to survive punches, kicks, and nasty knocks without becoming too injured to fight, and we have no biological adaptations for fighting, like claws or fangs.

If the humans can take that much punishment, what about the monsters designed for fighting exclusively? You can see the result in boxers and MMA fighters; they do get knocked out, but they rarely stay out of action for long. That's more of what I thought for Pokemon.

The rest of the storyline, of course, will stay intact; just because they aren't very dangerous to each other doesn't mean they aren't incredibly dangerous foes to a lowly human, so they'd still get hunted (to extinction in some cases), and there are obviously exceptions to the rule, such as an obese person compared to a bodybuilder.

So that's just my thoughts on the matter. I understand you're going for that dark, "it wasn't what we thought it was" feel, but I'd still like to keep a little bit more fighting in with less of the massive consequences. And fyi, a League would be perfectly probable as long as some of the more dangerous Pokemon are excluded, and some of the most dangerous moves (i.e. Slash, Hyper Beam) are outlawed.

And just for you, there would naturally be an illegal one with a no-holds-barred fight to KO with all outlawed techniques included. ;P

Getting to work on my thingie, just letting you know I didn't die in the tornado outbreak (though some of them came close to the D.C. area pale

~Starstruck
Starstruck
Starstruck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Ooooooooooo underground pokemon league.... sounds definitely fun.

I'm sure though that since its a bunch of rich people who pretty much own pokeballs, they'd all see pokemon as an investment and wouldn't want to seriously injure their pets. So I can see the pros and cons of a pokemon league to an actual participant.

Glad you're doing okay though Starstruck. To be honest, I didn't think we'd hear from you again... sounds like you were drowning in your own sea of work over there.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next