FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS. CHECK IT OUT*

5 posters

Go down

Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS.  CHECK IT OUT* Empty Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS. CHECK IT OUT*

Post by Gunneh Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:29 am

-Incoming File-
-File Number: 43566794-
-Priority: ALPHA-
-Final audio transmissions of the U.S. Army fire team designated TANGO ONE-
-Text transcript included-
-TASK FORCE: VALKYRIE USE ONLY-

[1400 hours – 1410 hours]

“Tango One, do you read?”

“Roger, Command.”

“Change of plans. An APC is en route to your position for pick-up.”

“We’re in the middle of patrol, Command.”

“Understood, Sergeant, but this matter is of greater importance than walking around and chatting with the locals.”

”And what matter might this be?”

”Simple recon mission at a village about 40 clicks off. The rest is on a need-to-know basis.”

“Roger, Command. What’s the ETA on that APC?”

“Five minutes. Hold your position until it arrives.”

“Roger that, Command. Will report after a basic sweep.”

[1500 hours – 1507 hours]

“Command, do you copy?!”

“Roger, Tango One. Report.”

“We need a med evac at the village on the double!”

“What happened, Tango One. What happened in that village?”

“We got ambushed! We need that evac now!”

“Ambushed by what, Sergeant?”

“The Sergeant is dead, Command! We’ve got one more dead and several more that are wounded! Get us that chopper now!"

“I’d feel a lot better going in with an experienced team, boss,” Deacon said sternly, his eyes focused on the face of the suited man that sat being the dark wood of the desk in front of him. “Don’t get me wrong, they’ve completed their training almost flawlessly, but I think it might be a little too soon to expect them to go back to the place where they were almost slaughtered.”

“That’s the thing, Deacon,” the boss replied. “You said it yourself just now: ‘They were almost slaughtered.’ These men and women, these average Joe soldiers, came across an entire village that was crawling with ENEs and came out alive. Hell, they even managed to kill a couple of those lupine bastards on their way out.”

“Dumb. Fucking. Luck,” Deacon spat. “That’s all it was, boss. Everyone gets lucky every once in a goddamn blue moon.” The boss leaned his seat back and laced his fingers together, inspecting Deacon’s face as if he were looking for some sort of hole in the man’s armour, some sort of weakness that would finally sway him.

He found nothing.

“This isn’t your call, Deacon,” the boss finally replied. “It’s mine. That C-130 is leaving Langley at 2400 hours tomorrow, and you’re going to be on it with what’s left of Tango One. Your mission is to return to Kabul, talk to some of the locals to figure out where some of this bullshit is coming from, visit that village and then you’re going to go clean up this mess before all of the Allied forces and all of the civilians in the area are wiped clean off the face of the goddamn earth. Is that understood?”

Anyone that could recall what happened on the night that you guys were ambushed in that little village outside of Kabul, Afghanistan doesn’t even remember what they had for breakfast that morning. How could they when Task Force: VALKYRIE agents showed up and started dosing everyone up with that shit that they use to wipe people’s memories?

Oh, you didn’t know about that? Well get ready to have your mind fucked: Remember that movie Men In Black with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones? Good flick, right? Well, those people exist, and you’ve just been drafted into their ranks seeing as how you just survived a heinous ambush from all sorts of ENEs, or Extra Natural Entities for you greenies. There are just a few things we need you to understand before you move on, though:

• We are Task Force: VALKYRIE, not MiB.

• You do not get one of those little memory wiper things: What you use is nicknamed Brain-O and comes in a syringe.

• You do not exist.

Here’s the deal: You’ve all just finished your training with TF:V and now it’s time for your first test. We’ve got orders straight from the White House that say that whatever caused whatever the hell happened to you on that night needs to die, so guess what you’re going to do? You’re gonna head over there with Sergeant Deacon, you’re gonna go back to that village and then you’re gonna wipe those motherfuckers out of existence.

Oh, and there’s one more thing I forgot to mention: This situation is just a tad bit different than any other cases we’ve seen. This time it looks like those fucking ENEs have teamed up. Seems like it’s more of a survival kind of thing, but the higher-ups have a feeling that there might be something bigger at work.

Got it? Good. Now get your asses to the armory and load up.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS.  CHECK IT OUT* Empty Re: Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS. CHECK IT OUT*

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Sounds interesting. I am in.

Back to top Go down

Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS.  CHECK IT OUT* Empty Re: Arabian Nights *MASSIVE EDITS. CHECK IT OUT*

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Sounds fun enough. One question-- you call them extra-natural entities instead of extra-terrestrial entities, which makes me wonder if these are really aliens ala MiB or if it's... some other alternative.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpan Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm interested now. :3
Deadpan
Deadpan
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Count me in. Salute I'll bring along my military know-how and throw a party. Gunner
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 am

Chainy: This is based off of the World of Darkness roleplaying games, so no aliens. At least not in this RP. Extra-Normal Entities are things like Mages, Vampires and Werewolves, all of which will be contained in the RP Very Happy That's what the Boss meant when he said that the survivors of Tango One killed one of those "lupine bastards." (Meaning a Werewolf)

Also, if you guys are really interested, then I'm only really gonna be looking for one more person. You're all able to make an ENE character as well as a human character but I'm requiring at least a human character from everyone.

There will also be more information in the OOC about the specific tech that your characters will be using.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Oh, I don't know a damn thing about World of Darkness... What year is this RP taking place in? But considering we're boarding a C-130, I'm guessing its present day.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Agreed. I am going to wiki it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am

I'll also join. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Digital Muse- "No Capes!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:23 pm

That's right!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down