FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

+4
Silver Wolf
Ragter the junior greeter
Kyrt Malthorn
Gadreille
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Very well done; far better than mine. I was in a rush to get this thing up and going, but perhaps I can flesh out my intro post a bit more. I just didn't want to make anyone wait any longer!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Better than yours?

I enjoyed writing it but I didn't think it was that good...

You know what they say, a writer's their own worst critic. Certainly true of me. I'm the last person to have an objective view of anything I turn out.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 am

Posted. If you have an issue with the things I did with my native guy, I can change it. I wasn't intending on them actually being able to raid the Realm of the Sky anyway.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:12 pm

No, that is fine. Its nice to get a plot going.

I enjoyed all of the posts so far!

I should point out that the rider on horseback is actually supposed to be the Centaur. I am going to alter my post to make that more clear, and those of you who mentioned him can do the same if you wish.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

I figured it was the centaur, but also figured for people from our world - especially in the kind of situations they've been pulled from so far - would be likely to mistake a centaur for a man on horseback.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:48 am

Yeah I kinda figured the same. And my girl didn't even get a good look at him anyway. Darkness and confusion and all that. She doesn't know what the hell she's seeing.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:20 pm

cool, as long as we are all on the same page Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey Silver Wolf, what do you think about the chances of one of our native characters running across the other before too long?

Not before everyone's done with their own intros of course.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Kyrt- Works for me. I figured of any, our two would meet up first. We can plan it out once all the intros are done.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Ah...so it was the centaur? I was thinking it might be the centaur, but since no one else ever said so...I assumed the same as everyone else.

Still, Ise would still have probably mistaken him for a man on horseback, so...no biggie.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsoluteXero Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Still room for more?
AbsoluteXero
AbsoluteXero
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Sure. Come on in Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:06 pm

I should have my post up within the next couple days.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Hope to read from you soon!

Also, AbsoluteXero, are you still wanting to join?

If anyone wants to post, go ahead. No sense in letting this sit stagnant any longer. Intros can still be done further on.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Is this still open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Yes, if you work quickly. I really don't want to wait around much anymore, its not fair to the rest of the group.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 pm

If I finish a character sheet and an opening post by thursday, is that ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:16 am

Yes, that's fine.

On friday I will be moving on, regardless of who has or hasn't posted.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsoluteXero Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:47 am

(If anything needs to be fixed/edited, please let me know Smile)

Earthen Warrior

Name: Lassuarium Tiberius

Sex: M

Appearance: Height is about 5'10", small frame, lightly muscled, slight build. Bronzed skin, jade eyes, short blond hair.

Time Period : 27 BC, Italy, a thief within the capital of the Roman Empire.

Skills: Great orator, deft with a knife, excellent liar, acrobatic, street fighter.

Weapons: A pugio (dagger), Hasta (spear), and gladius (short sword) which were all stolen from a Roman Legionaire.

Personality: Lassuarium is a relatively good natured guy. He tends to be charming and kind to most, even though he's a kleptomaniac and can't help stealing from those he meets. Due to this, he's prone to attempting to win his targets over. Even whilst fighting, he's giving his signature, feral grin which usually unsettles most of his opponents.

Native Realm Dweller

Name: Maellartach Vira

Sex: M

Appearance: 6'1", shoulder-length black hair, pitch black eyes, pale, wiry/tightly muscled, a single black wing.

Species: Raven

Skills: Calling of his brethren, camouflage, night vision.

Weapons: A blackwood staff.

Personality: Used to be the most feverent of the Sky God's reign until his affair with a Dragon was discovered. The God of the Lands took action by killing the Dragon with his own hand, then cutting off Maellartach's right wing and exiling him. Now he wanders about, avoiding his Avian brethren every chance he gets due to the price on his head, and generally exists for no reason. He is tacturn and distant, mostly reminiscing on his days with the Dragon, Karoni.

AbsoluteXero
AbsoluteXero
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am

It's just fine Smile Make sure you get your intro post up asap (if you haven't already). I'm going to be posting again sometime on friday.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 am

Earthen Warrior
Name: Garret Woodlund
Sex: Male
Appearance: Garret is 5' 11'' with extremely strong and broad shoulders. He has a scar on his left cheek from a crossbow bolt, and ice blue eyes. He has muddy blond hair that is roughly hacked off to about three inches long. Garrett has also inherited a northern European (Danish) bone structure. His forearms and hands are heavily scarred and callused. He has two other noticeable scars, one across his back diagonally running from the bottom of his left shoulder to his spine, and the other is a slight indent in his right calf.

Garret is wearing case hardened iron mail that covers his chest, upper arms and goes down to his thighs. He is wearing hardened leather armor that allows maximum mobility around the shoulders and elbows. He has a leather quiver, a large semi-fine sack with two linen shirts, a wool coat, and another pair of heavy linen pants. It also has two spare strings, two days field rations, and a tight leather water bottle. Included in his supplies is a half pound of salt, and a small packet of edible or medicinal herbs, also about one pound. A whetstone and a small drill for fetching as well half a pound of glue ingredients are also in a water tight roll. A small field shovel is also attached to the bag.

Time Period (please include when in time, where on earth, what culture derived from): Garret is from northern England. His family has strong ties to the Danish and Norse that invaded centuries ago. He was the steward of the forests for the nearby lord at the age of sixteen, and gained rank and money fighting for him in one of the border disputes. When this killed his lord, he joined a mercenary company, and even fought at the battle of Crecy for the English. Garrett formed his own mercenary company after that and was on a ship on the way to his next employer of Hungary traveling through the Atlantic when transported.

Skills: Garrett is an expert hunter and bowman. He is skilled in foraging and surviving in the woods and is resistant to cold. He has some basic knowledge of how to operate a small boat, and can swim. He has basic literacy and writing skills. He can speak some French and a tiny amount of Italian. He fletches his own arrows and the ability with blacksmithing to make his own arrow heads. He can maintain his equipment and sharpen his knives. On reason he is in charge of his company is his ability to take the same old mush, and taste like decent different mush.

He has the ability to plan battles and navigate with logistics for his company, which was twenty one people. Garret can haggle and knows basic mathematical skills. He has gained competence with two kinds of swords, a falchion, and longsword, and can use a mace and shield with some awkwardness.

Weapons: He has a three hundred and twenty pound six foot black oak war bow, a four foot hundred pound hunting bow, a three pound four foot longsword of decent quality, and an eight pound falchion. He has a foot long skinning knife, and four inch small blade for fletching. He has a full quiver of arrows, and two extra sheaves of them. The points are mostly varied between pile head for plate (200) and broad edged (50). He has a small percentage for hunting small game with a field point (15). He normally carries less, but had little to do on the voyage over.

Personality: Garret has always been considered an odd person. He prioritizes his people's safety, but does not seem to value others' opinions or cultural judgments. He regarded as kind, but eccentric, and somewhat charismatic. He is slightly sarcastic, and is generally good at understanding others' personalities. In battle, his personality changes into an utterly ruthless and efficient killer.

Native Realm Dweller
Name: Aphria Kelshia

Sex: Female

Appearance: Aphria is about 5'3'' out of land, and 7' even in the water. She is slim, and has a tattoo on both hands, representing the moon on the left, and the tide on the right. She has shoulder length silver hair and deep blue eyes. She is muscular in her lower body, and has three horizontal scars across her abdomen, above her navel.

Species: Mer

Skills: She is a priestess of the minor religion among the mer, and is considered literate and intelligent. She is skilled in preparing food, and is fairly skilled in basic crafting skills. She is considered borderline competent with her weapons.

Weapons: She uses two styles depending on her opponent. She uses a long spear and shield, and a short spear and dagger.

Personality: Aphria is fiery and somewhat tempermental. She has a forceful and headstrong personality, and is stubborn for the things she believes in. She is considered clever, but not overly wise, and especially rash over things that hopes to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Posted as Simon, will be posting as Lyra later. I figure we shouldn't always have to post from both our characters PoV.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Hey, Kyrt, would you rather it be Gabriel she finds, or my guy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:30 pm

What I'm trying to figure, Elric, is what difference it would make using your summoning vs. Ryona's original. Somehow, the sacrifice of a fish could equal that of an avian, dragon, mer, and centaur. Especially with the abilities to survive underwater, speak the native languages, etc:

Ryona Noel wrote:Each being grants something to the Warriors, and this grant will cost the being its life: The Avian grants passage to the Realm Lands via portal; The Dragon will grant the ability to speak in the common tongue of the realm; The Mer will grant the ability to survive under water; and the Centaur will be their advisor, until the task is fulfilled or utterly failed. Then, he too, will die.

So... no offense I'd just like to see whether Ryona clears your summoning or not.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm confused. I think Elric Vhaan just wants to know if you want the body that my character finds to be your character or his (or anyone elses, for that matter).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Ahh, well, my circumstances for the summoning boil down to this. Blood is required to start the ritual, thus the fish. It isn't intended as a summoning ritual at all, but a way to gather energy from the sacrifice of lives from somewhere else, and is regarded as an old legend. The fact that it almost never works the way it is expected, and usually just kills mer is why it is sealed. The survivors are 'champions.' However, Aphria fucks it up being a novice, and it ends up being cast on Earth, which causes a small dimensional rift to open to channel energy from both sides. The high priestess dies to close the inter-dimensional rift, and Garret just happens to make it across before the portal closes, which is why grabbing the pack is important. Everyone from both of those ships and in the general area end up being the sacrifices.

I was going to explain this in the intro, but I got a bit rushed and decided that this would be a better second post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:50 pm

You mean casting her onto earth like our earth? Or just the realm of land?

We are supposed to be focusing on the realms, and the only people who are crossing portals are our Earth Warriors. I wasn't aware of any other plans.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Though, yes, now that you mention it Ryona, which of our characters were did you have in mind? Or either?

Since Gabriel wasn't exactly in a shipwreck, but...
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

True, Perhaps it should be who was actually thrown into water. It really doesn't matter to me though.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Aside from Garret and Aphria, everyone including the high priestess get eaten up by magical energies. I meant the old fashioned religious sacrifice, where you rip out a heart or burn an animal alive, and in this circumstance it is the second. Aphria gets somewhat blown up, and Garret is going to have some pretty horrific headaches in addition to his cracked ribs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next