FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

+4
Silver Wolf
Ragter the junior greeter
Kyrt Malthorn
Gadreille
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors Empty Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Fire is attempting to destroy all of the lands...Sky is bent on controlling them. Ocean and Land must find a way to survive this terrible war which has been raging many years...and seems to be no end.

Realm of Sky
Location: In the north, castles built into high mountaintops, hidden by clouds.
Species: The Avian People
The Avian people are winged humanoids who have the power to call upon the wind and rain. They are lead by an ancient King who has claimed himself God of the Lands.

Realm of Land
Location: Western Forests shroud camouflaged wooden structures.
Species: The Centaurs
The Centaurs are a neutral folk who are self governed. They have healing powers but can fight when necessary. They want no part of the war.

Realm of Fire
Location: In the south, mountains open to reveal deep, wide caverns.
Species: The Dragons
The dragons are a fire breathing, greedy group who have been wreaking havoc on all of the realms. They measure leadership by wealth, and currently the a young female red dragon has control of the dragon forces.

Realm of Ocean
Species: The Mer People
The Mer People are very reclusive, hardly touched by any of the other realms. They do have the power to be on land, for a short amount of time, but land is dangerous these days. The sea being a large place, the Mer People must protect themselves from sea serpents and other, darker things that lurk in the water. They are lead by a Queen, who has recently been pressured into taking sides between the war of Fire and Sky.

Plot: Four beings, one from each realm, came together and gathered their wit and power to do what none had done in a millenia; they called upon the powers of Time and of the Universe, and opened up a portal to another, foreign realm. They begged for warriors to come and save the world of the Realms from its own destruction. Each being grants something to the Warriors, and this grant will cost the being its life: The Avian grants passage to the Realm Lands via portal; The Dragon will grant the ability to speak in the common tongue of the realm; The Mer will grant the ability to survive under water; and the Centaur will be their advisor, until the task is fulfilled or utterly failed. Then, he too, will die.

Character Sheets:

Bird of Hermes
Crazy Hobo
Kyrt Malthorn
Ryona Noel
Ragter
Silver Wolf

Earthen Warrior
Name:
Sex:
Time Period (please include when in time, where on earth, what culture derived from):
Skills:
Weapons:
Personality:

Native Realm Dweller
Name:
Sex:
Species:
Skills:
Weapons:
Personality:

Rules:
  • Be polite,
  • Be collaborative.
  • This role play has left much to the imagination; so use it! Create vast landscapes and groups of subspecies; create side plots and so on.
  • What I say goes, but please, talk to me if you have a concern.

In Character Thread

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors Empty Re: Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Included some lore on the lynx - based on mythology surrounding them. Let me know if you have issues with anything at all; I'm all for the last rule listed. Wink

Native Realm Dweller

Name: Miasarco (Miasa for short).

Sex: Male.

Species: A lynx, one of the fellow sentient natives of the Realm of Land. Typically rare and reclusive feline tree-dwellers, they are historically keepers of secrets and forgotten lore, and occasionally oracles. They rarely socialize with the centaurs, and it is nearly unheard of for one to join a group.

Appearance: A black-spotted brown lynx, white fur on the underbelly and under the chin, with large amber eyes and black tufts on his ears:
Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors Iberian_lynx_7
He has a short tail, stands at about 28 inches at the shoulders, and his body is nearly 50 inches in length. About his left paw is a small silver band embedded with a single garnet.

Skills: As a lynx, he is not strong or particularly massive, but he is quick and agile - an excellent climber and born acrobatic. His hearing is sharper than any human's, and he is capable of moving with near complete silence.

Weapons: Claws. Not particularly suited to combat.

Personality: Though he speaks with the aloofness expected of any feline, sullen and begrudging, his manner and bearing suggest a history of failure and a great deal of personal pain.

Earthen Warrior

Name: Gabriel Antonio

Sex: Male

Appearance: Gabriel is fair-skinned with dark eyes deep-set in a round face and frizzy raven hair cropped roughly short. He is lanky, casually wearing a simple white shirt with ruffles at the sleeves, navy britches, a plain belt loosely slanted across the hips, and black leather boots with the tops turned down just above the knee.

Time Period: Mid 1600s, Spaniard, First Mate of the privateer frigate San Barón, a few miles off the coast of Venice.

Skills: Dancing, dueling, swordplay, sailing, swimming, and swindling.

Weapons: Side-sword and buckler, pistol (plus ramrod, 7 bullets, and more than enough gunpowder for those few shots).

Personality: Though he is usually looking for a means to benefit from any given situation, he has an adventurous spirit of daring and is fierce loyalty to anyone he considers a comrade. He is personable, but very free with his thoughts and prone exaggeration. He can be quite disdainful of others - mostly in the case of strangers - which tends to lead to bad first impressions.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Awesome job! I'm going to try and get mine in tonight...it seems every day there is something christmas related that needs attending to!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:24 pm

I know the feeling...

And I hope the others didn't give us the drop.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Me too. Ragter? Lady? Bird of Hermes? You guys still interested?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Earthen Warrior

Name: Simon Carpenter

Sex: M

Appearance: Average appearance; black hair, brown eyes. Strong build. Stands about 6’0’’. Native American descent.

Time Period (please include when in time, where on earth, what culture derived from): Tennessee, America, a warrior of the American Revolution

Skills: Simon is a backwoodsman. He was adopted by a Quaker family but was rejected by the Quaker community when he chose to fight against the British.

Weapons: A saber, a throwing axe, and a Kentucky Long rifle equipped with bayonet. (cartridge with 24 rounds, flint, two rags)

Personality: (ran out of time, will do this soon)

Native Realm Dweller

Name: Lyra Coral

Sex: F

Appearance: Long Emerald Hair, pale skin, coral colored eyes. In water, turquoise fin tail and fins on arms. Length of almost eight feet. Out of water, about 5’8’’ height.

Species: Mer

Skills: Lyra is Queen of the Mer Realm; she can control the tides of the ocean for a short amount of time.

Weapons: Underwater Javelins

Personality: Lyra takes her job as queen very seriously. She had refused to take part in the war between Dragons and Avian, and she has ignored the pleas of the Realm of Land. She finds everyone suspicious; and thinks everyone is out to manipulate her. She is neither good nor evil, just working to survive and for the survival of her people. She is constantly at war with the serpents of the sea, and she is suspicious of the dragons having coerced the serpents to attack more readily. Now she is under more pressure than ever to join with the Avian, but she isn’t sure that is the right thing to do...

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Earthen Warrior

Name: Ise Tamura
Appearance: As one might surmise from her name, Ise is of Japanese descent. She is shorter than most other people, standing somewhere in the range of 5'4". Her hair is allowed to hang down long and is black in color. As for her eyes, they are green in color. Finally, the clothing she wears consists of a Japanese kimono with longer sleeves compared to the kimonos of married women.
Time Period: Early 18th century in Japan; culture is obviously Japanese
Skills: Her father having been a blacksmith, she learned the trade as well, albeit not from formal training; mostly it was from simple observation. She also has a fairly good memory, and has managed to teach herself to be at least proficient with a blade.
Weapons: A longsword and a knife that she was delivering to a client when she was pulled through the portal.
Personality: Ise can be described as a bit of a guarded person; she doesn't betray what she is thinking easily. On the other hand, she does betray the fact that she wishes women played a more active role in things. In addition to this, she has a fiercely independent spirit and one would find it's difficult to break said spirit.

Native Realm Dweller

Name: Tengryu (Ten-gee-rue)
Sex: M
Age: 230 (I'm assuming dragons can live for quite a long time...if not, I can change it)
Appearance: Tengryu is, for the most part, a stereotypical dragon. He is covered head to toe with black scales, and his eyes are a deep yellow color. In addition to this, his wings can best be described as thick and leathery. His tail seems rather thick as well, but despite this, it could easily move quickly.
Species: Dragon
Skills: For one thing, he has his claws(which he thinks he is highly proficient with). He also has achieved the ability to breathe fire from his mouth; though, he can't maintain it for too long. His best skill lies in his scales; they're naturally much thicker compared to other dragons' scales and can take more abuse.
Weapons: As said above, his claws and his fire. If the opponent attempts to approach from behind, his tail could count as a weapon too.
Personality: Tengryu can best be described as a deep thinker; he likes to take his time thinking about things before taking action upon them. That doesn't, however, mean he doesn't take rash actions at times. If time isn't on his side, he will often prefer rash actions. Around others, he can best be described as, at least, friendly. He tries his best to be nice to people, even if he does have some amount of contempt for them. On that matter, he doesn't see the point to their current war with the Avians, and perhaps as an attempt at redeeming his race, tries his best at being the most friendly with them.

Last edited by Ragter the junior greeter on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing spelling errors)
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Yay! We've got quite a diverse group here already! Spanish, American, Japanese Very Happy Can't wait to see what the others come up with. Once they put up their CS we can get started. I'm thinking I'll make an opening post from my native's point of view, and then a second part describing my Earth Warrior's transverse to the Realm Land. Then everyone can do the same with their characters, if you would like.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:10 pm

I messaged Bird of Hermes to see if she was still interested. If so, I bet she'll want to make an avian character Very Happy Then we'll have one of each realm. Pretty cool Very Happy

I also think I might make the Centaur who summons us an NPC for all of us to use. What do you guys think?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

I've never shared an NPC like that. How does that work?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Hopefully Bird is still interested so that we can get a rounded cast out of all this Ryona.

By the way, Kyrt. NPCs basically work with a single person controlling them. In the case of multiple people controlling an NPC, they'll all probably have to be aware of said NPCs history, personality, and appearance. They take turns using the NPC as needed, keeping in mind the NPCs personality while doing so, so that they don't contradict the personality.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

I guess if everyone knows his history and character it'd work in theory.

I'm just used to creating and controlling most of the NPCs myself. On another forum I'm... whats a good term? GM? Narrator? ...of most of the stories there. Its a very small group and that just ended up being my role... hah.

So, I joined this forum so I might get in and be just another participant from time to time again, heh heh.

I have a vice that makes it very hard for me to control a character that didn't come out of my own head, so I probably won't take control of the character much - if at all.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Well, I'll have it be a character that I'll use sparingly...and if anyone else has an idea for him, they can pitch it here and with my permission, use him to whatever end they had planned. It just makes for some easier dialouge scenes and such.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:51 pm

-sad face- I love the idea. I do not know if I can get online enough to keep up. This is the first time since last week. -sniffles-

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 pm

I was wondering the same thing Lady. And this is a slower pace than most...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:49 am

Bird of Hermes is still in but won't be ready until after Xmas. So we're going to be on a hiatus until then...hopefully you are all still interested by then!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am

Earthen Warrior

Name: Alya Thompson

Appearance: Shoulder length strawberry-blond hair and dark green eyes. Her outfits are fairly the same at all times, usually clothing she can move in easily, though its not unknown for her to wear shorts. Her favorite outfit is commonly capris in a light brown and a tank top(colors vary) and either sandals or comfortable shoes. Since shes only 5'4" she doesn't always seem like a fighter so others tend to let their guard down, especially since she seems more like a beach bunny.

Time Period: Modern Day, California, America

Skills: Martial Arts and weapons training that she has learned since she was younger(not completely skilled in everything)

Weapons: Staffs are her strongest skill, followed by knifes, then some swordplay and hand to hand, which when she is pulled into the other word, she only has her staff and practice sword on her, having been on her way home from training.

Personality: She was adopted after living in an orphanage from an early age and as such learned how to care for herself. Alya tends to fend for herself, learning as many skills as possible to defend herself with anything at hand. While her foster parents paid for the classes while she was young, as soon as she is old enough to get a job, she does and pays for her own training. She doesn't want to be indebted to anyone. Rather in the quiet side and reserved, almost dismissive at first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Native Realm Dweller
Name: Cailean

Appearance: Full adult wolf, about as big as he can get. Completely black fur, not a single mark of white except for the flash of white teeth when he opens his mouth. Rather than the common gold or brown eyes of other wolves, Cailean's eyes are still the puppyish blue. Sometimes he tries to use the color to his advantage to trick predator or prey into thinking he is really blind.

Species: Wolf

Skills: Agile as well as the ability to stalk and blend a little easier into shadows.

Weapons: Teeth and claws.

Personality: Loner, easily defensive. He was thought to be blind from a pup since his eyes never changed to golden or brown like the rest of his siblings. Because of the thought of weakness, he was abandoned by the pack he had been born into. Even if there was no problems with his eyes, he was just too young to tell his mother such a fact. He tends to snap easily. Since he learned to hunt and survive on his own, hes still a bit clumsy, which makes him all the more grumpy.

Last edited by Silver Wolf on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:05 pm

I'll say yes, go for it. But we'll have to decide in which realm it belongs.

Is everyone else willing to pick this up again, after such a long hiatus?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:14 pm

I will. I will have my character done by tomorrow night. Sorry for such a long wait.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:12 pm

No problem. I am patient. Hopefully the others are as well!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Is this still open? Also, are there any restrictions on what time periods we are allowed to choose from?
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Yep! You are welcome to join. No restrictions, but I prefer it being something at least somewhat legitimate. Meaning, for example, ancient egypt YES, civilian of Atlantis? Not so much.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 am

So I posted two profiles for the Natives. I was stuck between two, so i created both and see what you guys thought. Some parts might be a little vague but it is nearly 2 am. So which ever seems to garner the more interest I guess might make my decision.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 am

Yipee! This is not forgotten!!!
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:13 pm

I personally prefer the wolf to the griffin, Silver Wolf.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Earthen Warrior
Name: Edmund Baker
Appearance: Edmund is neither a slight man, nor a thick man, he is somewhere in between. He stands at roughly 5'9" with a head full of dirty blond hair and brown eyes to accompany the hair. Edmund is rather average looking, and isn't really one to catch the eye of any passerby. He wears a slightly dirtied tunic and trousers in a green color, as well as a light brown vest. Additionally, Edmund wears a crucifix on him at all times.
Time Period: South London, London, England. 1546. English ethnicity.
Skills: Edmund prides himself at being rather good at tracking, as well as rooting out witches in any community, and dealing with them promptly.
Weapons: Edmund carries a crossbow, for he does not trust matchlock guns, as well as a longsword. Both for when situations with witches can get... escalated.
Personality: Edmund is a very pious man, fervently devoted to God and discovering heathens and witches wherever he goes. Some would clearly find his personality abrasive, but Edmund pays them no mind. He usually doesn't bother to make lasting relationships with people, for he believes that once all heathens and witches are stopped, only then can he begin to create a family for himself. He has been known to punish witches before they are tried, a somewhat unpopular choice of his, but he does not mind.

Native Realm Dweller
Name: Nerroth
Appearance:
Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors BanQ_Emerald_Dragon_by_BanQ
Just ignore the emerald shard in his chest. Don't know why that's there >.>
Human Form: When Nerroth takes human form he stands at 6'1" with a very slender frame. His hair is medium length and colored black like his scales. His eyes are a very bright green color, reflecting their color in his true form, also they are slightly slanted and inhuman looking. His face is also slightly too angular for a human and his nails are pointed into slight claws. Nerroth has no preference clothing wise, so it usually varies quite a bit.
Species: Dragon
Skills: Nerroth is quite intelligent, as well as a skilled fighter. He also gained the ability to take a human form about fifty years ago. On top of that he prides himself as being a skilled military commander.
Weapons: Claws, tail, fire-breathing, and various weapons while in human form.
Personality: Nerroth is a very fiery individual, prone to angry and destructive moments. At the same time, if he really tries he can keep his temper under control and become a deadly strategist as long as he can keep his anger in check. He is also quite brutal, even for the standards of dragons, and is known to be someone who gets the job done, whether through strategy or brute force. Although usually he finds it easier to simply smash his way through problems.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Role: Earthen Warrior
Name: Amaryllis
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors Amaryl10
Time Period: France, 1789
Skills: Fencing, reading, writing
Weapons: Court Sword (used for fencing or as an accessory in 18th century France)
Personality: The prim, proper and a bit of a know-it-all daughter of a French Marquis, Amaryllis knew a life of privilege – that is, until the storming of the Bastille. Threatened by the dangers of the mobbing masses, her family went into hiding. Wishing her life could just go back to the way it was, she immersed herself in the books that she had received from all over the known world when her father was in power. Soon she would find herself in a world not unlike her story books.

Role: Native Realm Dweller
Name: Phoebus
Age: Three reincarnations (that’s about a hundred or so years, give or take)
Appearance:
Realm Wars: The Earthen Warriors Phoebu10
Species: Phoenix
Skills: Singing, playing the harp
Weapons: Flame and a sharp beak and talons
Personality: Phoebus lived in the Realm of Air, but left after he became disillusioned by the Avian’s war. He hopes to one day find a way to end the war peacefully. He is always joyous, but hides a guilt that he has held for generations. Phoebus owns an old pendant that allows him to take a human form.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Alright, today I am spending some quality time with the husband, but by tomorrow I will definitely have time to get an intro post up. I've noticed that most are referring to human forms, so those of you who are animals, if you wish to make alternate human forms, then go ahead and do so.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 pm

You may begin! Thank you for your outstanding patience.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, hopefully that was an adequate introductory post for my characters.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next