FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers)

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers) Empty Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers)

Post by Lord Revan Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 am

So, being a huge Star Wars fan I was excited at first for this new cartoon that was released 3 years ago. However, after watching it, I have totally lost interest.

My major problem with it is that it completely negates so much of the Star Wars Clone Wars EU that it hurts the overall story IMO. This is why i do not count it as part of my Star Wars story.

Plus, Lucas has officially jumped the shark, as he is bringing back Darth Maul in this season. Umm, now if I remember correctly he got cut in half and fell down a pit. I do not care that it is Sci-Fi, and that he is a Sith Lord. He was cut in friggin half!!!!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers)

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 pm

From the first moment I saw the previews and such for this, I had absolutely no interest in watching it. Thanks for reinforcing that for me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cartoon (Contains Spoilers)

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

In a universe where people can toss stuff by flicking their fingers about, and are fully capable of surviving being burn alive by magma, and rebuilt with very little difficulty, you've got a problem with the dude who got chopped in half and fell down a pit?

I'm sensing...a double standard. Razz

I'd watch it, but I rarely ever watch TV anymore, and when I do, it's for different shows.

Besides...Darth Maul is pretty much the best damn sith ever. Sorry dear old Sidious, but you're pretty boring compared to him.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Darth Maul, the best Sith ever? Man get killed by a freakin Padawan. He basically just jumped around a lot. Dear old Sidious could have killed him without getting up from his chair.

And yes, I do have a problem with a character who was cut in half, and fell down a pit being brought back. I know it is a fictional universe where impossible things happen. But being cut in half and falling down a pit is too much.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Freakin padawan who was Obi-Wan Kenobi. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Well I know he was Obi-Wan. I am just saying that Sidioud wouldn't have gotten offed by a padawan, even a full jedi Master Obi-Wan.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Sidious got chucked down a hole because he was blind to the obvious incoming betrayal.

Sliced in half then falling? Or being tossed like a crotchy old man? I give more badassery to sliced. Razz

And I think Vader's injuries were just as unrealistic to come back from and there he is.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Also, Darth Plagueis got so powerful with the daahk saeid, he could even stop the ones he loved... from dye-ing. Not from a Jedi.

So no more tattoos for Mauly. And no tattooine for Sith life-preservers, either.

But yeah, I could see some Daakh Saeid UN-LIM-IT-ED POWAH hold off death thingy if maybe Sidious found the body soon enough.

One cool thing about it, you'll get to see Mauly 10 years later. Should be interesting if nothing else.
Anyway, this is George Lucas we're talking about. The guy who made Han shoot second and had an alien concert in the middle of a Star Wars movie, apparently for laughs.
Retcon seems to be part of the deal.
And Lucas did give the order for Maul to be alive, so. *shrug* It's his universe.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 pm

I agree that it is his universe. I just feel like lately he just does things because they would look cool. I just don't think bringing back a character who you pretty much said yourself was dead, is good for the overall story. But it is his story so he can obviously do what he wants.

Luckily for me, I can also do what I want and choose to ignore the Clone Wars Cartoon, and instead go by what is in the comics and novels, as my Star Wars story.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

That is what I like about the Expanded Universe. As far as I know, it is Lucas' call on what happens (I could be wrong). However, the ideas are not really stemming from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 pm

That's true. He basically lets other people run the books, comics and video games. He only gets involved if something major is planned.

Like the death of Chewie. They actually wanted to kill Luke in the book Vector Prime, but Lucas said no. So they went with Chewbacca instead.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 am

Wow... I did not know that. I'm glad they went with Chewie instead, despite him being one of my favorites. At least he has some sense...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah, he gave them a list of all the people they absolutely could not kill off, and Chewie wasn't on the list. Guess they have to die somehow. Razz

Or do they?
Now that Darth Maul's alive. xD

I would rather Georgey stick with what he makes the first time instead of making Han less rogueish and Mauly less dead, but whatever. I feel worse about the retcon than bringing Maul back, honestly. I figure if they manage to explain his survival satisfactorily, yay for Maul. But making Han more hero-ey just because he learned his lesson at the END OF EPISODE IV, doesn't make sense.

Personally, I value an author's vision too much to ignore some of the canon, even if I don't like it. I guess I'd just gravitate toward some parts over others.

Heh, I wonder if everyone'll get tired of the movie-era of the Star Wars universe and stick with the Old Republic. Really makes you think about the relationship between authors and fans.

On the one hand, I admire Lucas for doing his own thing no matter what anybody says.
But on the other, I know if I was doing it, I'd listen more to what the fans think.
So, I dunno. Fun to watch, at any rate. Gotta say I love everything BioWare does with the Star Wars universe. Very Happy Maybe Lucas is stuck in a last-generation mentality?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down