FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

+4
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Fate Flyer
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity - Page 2 Empty Re: [OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 pm

I believe I am ready.

A poem seems like a cool and unique idea. Thanks for suggesting that, Lucian. Smile I'm not much of a poet, but let me see what I can come up with...

When the last remnant of warm sunlight fades,
and the cool shadows of darkness invade,
fur and fang emerge to wage war,
creating a bloody spectacle of gore.

However, morning always follows the night,
and those of the day grow fearsome with might.
They were prey, and now they are the beasts,
gathering armies to avenge the deceased.

A conflict anew has come to pass,
forcing wolf and bat to set aside their contrasts.
Together, they must fight for survival,
for the humans are now their new rival.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity - Page 2 Empty Re: [OOC] And By Night, They Walked: The Struggle of Humanity

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:54 pm

For not being much of a poet that was pretty badass. Alright, I'm going to stew on what I want to make in the first post for a while then I'll get the actual thread up. There is no specific posting order yet, but let's try to make sure everyone has made a post before you post again. Unless of course someone skips their post. Let's shoot for good content and discription in our posts, which I'm sure no one here will have a problem with.

Let the battle begin.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Quaker, I like that idea for that, but it also seems like something that would be better off being only in its beginning stages in this game. Like... it could faulty in its performance? Maybe sometimes it causes a reaction in the human, and maybe sometimes there's no reaction at all for the intended subject? All drugs react differently in different people, so it seems like it would be difficult, especially in the beginning, to ensure that the proper things happen to the subjects.

Fate, I like your poem. Would it be possible to add the word "to" to this: "...forcing wolf and bat set aside their contrasts," so it reads, "...forcing wolf and bat to set aside their contrasts?" It seems like it would be a little more grammatically correct that way. =3

Lucian, do you think you could add the links to each character sheet to the bottom of the first post the way it was in the old game's OoC? It will likely make it a lot easier on everyone. I went ahead and did the coding and linking for you, so if you like the simple, organized way this looks:
Spoiler:

...you can just go ahead and copy the whole code here:
Spoiler:

...and post it. ^^_^^

Some of you who look at that will notice that the link to your character doesn't link to your post in this thread but to the character's personal thread from your character archives. This is because a lot of you posted two characters in the same thread, and it is so much easier to find a character when there's only one profile per thread. Besides, Fate and I both gave a link directly from our character archives, so it seemed fitting.

Fear not if you don't have a character archive or if your character isn't posted in that archive you may actually have. I simply linked to the post you made in this OoC thread. ^^_^^

I find it funny that there are the same amount of humans and vampires as there were in the last game though the new one has one less lycan than the old one had. However, I think that's a good thing as the lycans already dominate the game. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 pm

Done Kathryn. Thanks for setting all that up for me.

P.S., Lycans dominate everything.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 am

No problem. I like doing tedious things, and I figured that it would help you to do the coding and whatever instead of just being like, "Lucian... You should do this..." =P

Psh, duh. Lycans are the best. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:27 am

You sad sad dogs. When will you ever learn. You only dominate in numbers... because if you didn't, well. Let's just say there's a reason lycans should travel in packs with Seth around Razz
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 am

Lucian can take Seth by himself. Maybe if Vampires practiced traveling in groups as well they wouldn't be so easy to pick off.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:20 am

Lucian THINKS he can take Seth by himself.

And only the weak travel in groups.

Now, Lucian, we can exchange banter about who could kill who forever. But we both know nothing gets accomplished until you post.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 am

We both know that neither of us would be able to accept any type of fight scenario so talking about it in general is pretty pointless. I've got a job interview to go to and some other things to take care of today but I'll have the first post up within the next few days.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 am

Sounds good
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:57 am

Whoops - that was a mistake, Kathryn. The word "to" was meant to be in there. It's so strange I didn't catch that, since I reread it so much lol. Thank you for your sharp eye!

Oh, boys. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Xi, technically, Seth isn't all by himself. He has Rhianna, so what does that say about him in relation to what you said about only the weak having companions? ^o_O^

Fate, it's okay. I do that all of the time. Sometimes, when I've written something, I know exactly what it's supposed to say, so when I reread it, my brain just thinks that what I've intended to be there is there even when it's not. It takes someone impartial to find the mistake in that case. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah Xi, without Rhianna Seth would never get anything done since he makes her go do it all. Jeez, he's lazy.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Kathryn: Never planned on it being brought in first thing. It's something that is in production, and constantly being tested and remade. It's not an easy thing to do, so don't expect it to even really be mentioned until a fair bit into the RP.

Ok, so I was reading a bit more into the Lycan and Vampire information from the old roleplay you guys had, and I have a few concerns...

I realize that older Vampires and Lycans are going to be stronger, and I can even deal with the resistances to some of their natural weaknesses. The thing I have a problem with, is how they seem to be able to heal from even their most deadly weaknesses...

Lycans, for instance, can eventually grow out of their weakness to silver. I'm sorry if I sound a little whiny at this point, and I realize that not all Lycans are of that age, but isn't that a little much?

Pulled from the original RP information/Lycans:

"as they get older they become harder to kill with silver bullets. Lycans also possess the ability to regenerate, which makes simple silver bullets nothing more than irritating to an older Lycan, who may just pop them out of their flesh and continue about their day"

From the sounds of this, it seems like I would haveto pour a bucket of silver into them to have any effect...and for Vampires...

"a stake through the heart has kept it's popularity because... it works! The truth, however, is that the heart is one of the few vital points of a vampire that remains. However, it is STILL able to be regenerated, so a stab to the heart isn't guaranteed to kill the vampire if it is left at that, especially if they're able to retrieve blood from something."

I know I'm new to the RP, that you guys have started this, and want to restart it, but I just want to make sure everyone has a chance here. The way it seems here, if the humans (Mainly my guys I guess) happen to wander onto even a moderately experienced Lycan/Vampire, they might as well shoot themselves in the head and be done with it.

I don't care about the sunlight, the moon, the garlic, or the holy water. The only thing I care about is the near immunity to the main way to kill them. If they are immune to regular weaponry, and then somehow outgrow the only ways to kill them, then I don't see how the humans could even possibly begin to fight.

I'm sorry if this sounds whiny or bitchy, but I thought I should put this out there since I'll be playing the humans the most. If you guys plan to re-work all the information anyways, then disregard this post.

quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:23 pm

I have to agree, Quaker. The Supernatural creatures seem impossibly overpowered. It makes it difficult to play when there's no risk to that character's well-bring. And a bit unrealistic (if that's possible). I think that's why I made Easton more of a traditionally vulnerable Vampire.

You're going to have to beef up your character's abilities/weapons/manpower to have a chance to be any sort of a threat.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Considering all the information over again, I have to agree with Quaker. The only way I can see the immunities established in this first role-play working here is if they only apply to ancient vampires or lycans (those that have been around for thousands of years), since obviously there are only a few ancients on Earth at all. These ancients would basically be the equivalent to humans' mightiest weapons (like a nuclear bomb). That seems most fair to me.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 pm

As far as the whole comment about being able to regenerate, I mean simply this. If you stake an ancient vampire, and walk away after he collapse (which he would be practically dead) they won't dust and vanish. And it is possible to regenerate unless the stake perfectly destroyed the heart. However, any experienced vampire killer would never leave the body. They'd burn it to be sure. Burning and decapitation are two sure-fire ways to destroy a vampire, and a stake to the heart, if not instantly lethal, will leave a vampire as weak as a human shot in the chest. Survivable, but definitely not in fighting condition.

That said, I'll leave Lucian to the lycan thing.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

quaker, I agree with you. I think that is unfair, and I had completely forgotten ((even with my read-through of the old game)) how overpowered they were.

I know for a fact that we have two ancients in the game: Lucian and Seth. They've been around for thousands of years, and I do think it’s a little unfair to make them so indestructible. I know Lillith is probably only around five hundred years of age though I never really bothered to decide just how old she was because it seemed illogical that the pack into which she was born should even care about birthdays when age wouldn’t have been what decided a lycan’s worth; accomplishments would.

I always intended to have silver hurt her. It would be like an awful allergic reaction, and while she would be able to work a regular silver bullet from her body, it would greatly weaken her, and it wouldn’t be just like popping it out. Her healing abilities aren’t that fast. In fact, it would probably sometimes be faster to physically dig it out than to work on healing it out. While she can heal fairly quickly to regular wounds, I imagine silver would hinder that ability with the way it damages the surrounding tissue even while one would try to heal the wound.

If the bullet had maybe liquid silver in it ((the way they had it in Underworld)), I don’t think she’d die with just one, but she’d probably be so severely weakened as it moved through her blood stream that if none were there to help her, the person who shot her could probably make a fair – if not superior - attempt at killing her in melee combat. However, lycans travel in packs, so it would be unlikely she wouldn’t have aid from someone unless they were all dead/incapacitated or something.

Anyway, an idea just occurred to me.

I’ve been watching a lot of The Vampire Diaries, and this season, there’s a lot to do with werewolves and not just vampires. There are two herbs that are specifically troublesome to each race. For vampires, it’s Verbena ((a.k.a. vervain)), and for lycans, it’s Aconitum ((a.k.a. wolfsbane)).

I think having those two herbs along with sunlight and silver could help things to be a little more even, yes? The herbs, when used usually actually burn tissue and cause severe weakness, pain, and sickness. It’s just a thought.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I like the vervain and wolfsbane ideas, Kathryn.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:51 pm

I can understand why that information would be a little much for this RP. In the old one it wasn't Lycans and Vampires against humans, it was Lycans against Vampires, whereas humans were just fodder. In the old one we didn't take into consideration how humans would play a role as an enemy because they weren't involved. Naturally, a Vampire is going to be a lethal enemy to a Lycan and vise verse.

So to clear up your concern about the Lycans, which is certainly understandable, let me go more into detail about the weaknesses. Like Kathryn said, the only true ancients in the RP are Lucian and Seth. With age comes the ability to resist, but it is always a weakness. When I spoke of resisting silver bullets, I meant simple bullets of silver. The more silver is in a Lycan, any Lycan, the weaker they become. So if you're walking around with a pistol with silver bullets, you're probably going to have to empty a few clips to take a Lycan down. But if you've got a full auto Uzi loaded with silver bullets, you'll hold your own.

I themed the Lycan information from the movie Underworld, and in that movie there were more than simple bullets that were used against both races. For example, a powerful weapon used against Lycans were rounds filled with Silver Nitrate, a liquid form of silver that was pumped directly into the bloodstream. You can't pop those out. Also, one of the weapons you said your men would be armed with, Quaker, would definitely pack a powerful punch against my Wolf Pack. An impaled silver steak is going to take some time to remove and heal from. If you get one of those into Lucian even, he's going to be down for some time.

Basically, it takes more than a couple silver bullets to stop the Lycans. Anything above that, however, will prove to be a lethal threat. Once again, Xi and I were in no way trying to overpower our characters, we just didn't take human threats into consideration in the old RP. I hope that's answered your questions, but if it hasn't feel free to message Xi or myself and we'd be happy to go into further detail.

Now then, I've got a first post to make. It will be up shortly.

EDIT:
The first post is up. Let the game begin.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 am

No, that pretty much clears up my concerns Lucian. Thanks for the understanding guys. So, I'll clear up a few things about my guys and the type of gear they'll be wearing to slightly even the odds.

First off, every member will be armed with an semi-automatic crossbow loaded with silver stakes so they can harm both sides. A round clip is attached to the underside of the weapon, carrying fifteen stakes per clip. (Think from the move 'Van Helsing')

As for armour, they would be wearing an enhanced version of full coverage black thermal body armor with visored helmets for facial protection. The armour has metal plates woven into the armour in the most targeted places. (Chest, back, shoulders, thighs, and shins.) This is, in no way, 100% protection. Even from a junior lycan or vampire, this armour can only withstand glancing hits at best. The metal is thin to allow for maximum movement at the cost of protection. If a soldier gets hit full blast in the chest, or any other area for that matter, the armour will not hold and the soldier will be torn to shreds, infected with the Lycanthrope disease in the case of fighting a lycan, and be most likely grievously injured.

There are a few other little tricks up their sleeve as well, but I still have to fine tune them into something I can explain and be a decent tool without being over-powered. So there you go, main weapon and armour.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 am

Given the fact that your men will be an elite group designed to stand up to both races, everything you've got them equipped with is very acceptable to me. I know that my characters would rather run away from a group of Griffins than fight them. Seems like you've done a good job at creating super soldiers to stand up to the races, Quaker. Well done.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 am

Happy this is starting! I put up my first post for Nick. Eli's will come separately but soon.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:45 am

Nice post Lyonesse. Hanover was right, demons do live beneath Phoenix, and they're tired of hiding.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 pm

So... You should place a link to the IC at the top of the OoC and a link to the OoC at the top of the IC just so people have a quick way to shoot back and forth between the two, you know?

I'll read through the new posts shortly and work on mine when I have time.

BTW, the only person who had anything to say about the vervain/wolfbane thing was Lyonesse. What are others' thoughts on it?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I do like the idea. Especially for human characters and those of us who aren't stand up fighters
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 pm

I didn't mention it here, but I did discuss it slightly with quaker, as a different bullet filling than holy water. I don't like the whole holy water thing, and that idea seemed more interesting, realistic, and slightly more limiting, as the round has to be meant for a lycan OR vampire, not both.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 pm

It also gives the two races two major weaknesses each: silver and wolfsbane for lycans, sun and vervain for vampires. I never liked the idea of religious things being a weakness for vampires, anyway.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 pm

I don't have any problems with it. Quaker's been asking me about weapon ideas for a while and he'll need quite an arsinal for his men anyways.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiantic Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Exactly. Werewolves are brute force and toughness, vampires are more agile and cunning, and humans have their adaptability and technology. Oh, and numbers, and the fact, vampires at least, can't simply eradicate them entirely. I can see this as an argument that may arise.
Xiantic
Xiantic
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next