FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^

+3
MoiraofWords
Dax
Copper.eyes
7 posters

Go down

The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^ Empty The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^

Post by Copper.eyes Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:19 am

So here I am once again joining another board with high hopes. I just really hope this one isn't like the last one where the role plays were lacking, the character interaction sucked, and I ended up leaving after a few days. That probably wasn't the best way to start my introduction but what the hell there should always be truth before lies, and what is role playing but convenient lies?
Well I guess I should tell you about my self, I'm twenty almost twenty-one and I'm a mother yes a mom crazy huh. Well it's true and well there's more I'm also a single mom and not because I've never been married. Not the case this time, I was married at seventeen and divorced well about to be divorced in a few weeks. Does that tell you I'm probably on here trying to hide from reality? Yes, yes it does.
My son is a two year old who thinks he's the smartest kid ever born and who loves to get in to things he knows he shouldn't be. I love the little man to death. His birthday is actually tomorrow which is kind of depressing seeing as he'll officially be two years old which means only a few more years till kindergarten and then only a few years after that till high school then collage...well lets just say time really does fly when you're a parent.
Well I've been role playing for about ten years on an off really, and I've been writing books for about well as long as I can remember my first was called Casper Goes Bowling. I loved that thing, when I finished it I remember being so proud of it that I took it to school and they put it in the school paper it was cool. After that I continued writing and I'm now working on a huge project that well I'm frustrated by at the moment seeing as I have writers block when it comes to working on it. If you want to check it out look at http://childrenofimmortality.webs.com/, there isn't a lot there but if you want to look go ahead. I've been working on this for a few years now creating characters, creating the world and even working on random books with in the world. I have a few other books I'm working on but none of them will probably ever be read.
I know I'm kind of rambling but well I'm not really a person who feels comfortable talking about them selves hence the whole role playing aspect. I mean i never really have to interact as my self if I don't feel like it. So I'll stop ranting and just tell you this, I love role playing just about anything but my favorites are mostly supernatural type of role plays. I hate people who think they are better than me because their grammar is better but the character they create are soulless. I love people who have characters who have horrid pasts and actually play it out properly like one of my characters who is a mother who lost her child, and is now an alcoholic. Reality in fantasy is better than something like...well Dora the Explorer which half the time makes absolutely no sense what so ever.
Well that's a little about me and hello everyone I hope to RP with you soon.

Last edited by Copper.eyes on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spaz moment...)
Copper.eyes
Copper.eyes
Mist
Mist

Female

http://childrenofimmortality.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^ Empty Re: The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^

Post by Dax Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Well, we are most happy to welcome you to FoG! Bienvenue, Welcome!

I do indeed think that this site will exceed your expectations or at least not chase you away within a few days! Now here Role plays are abundant, so its up to you to go check out the In Character threads to get started! If you have any questions/concerns/rambles, feel free to PM me, the staff, members... heck anyone really will be glad to help you out.

Also you may want to check out the FAQ. That thing is pretty helpful.

On a parting note, I would like to mention again WELCOME TO FOG! and that the others with the shinier, colorful and more picturesque welcomes and greetings will be here shortly...

cheers
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^ Empty Re: The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

The truth of the matter is very nice, albeit lies have their place as well, but when we deal with what the truth is, that is another matter entirely, for we cannot actively describe what the truth is in using a medium that is inherently untruthful, and using our flawed senses as the measures of the world.

But that's for another thread entirely. Hope you enjoy your time here at FoG. It's safe to get lost in the mists here, as there are only friendly ghosts, like casper... except they've grown up.

Don't be frightened, we shalln't hurt you. Only insensitive people would even think of it! Harumph!

Albeit it does have the tendency to make less sense than Dora on here...

tl:dr--Truth is subjective, safety here, ghosts = cool beans, crazy like dora.

And of course, welcome!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I don't know about the 'hurting' part, as I tend to actively QUAKER SMASH the entire chat room from time to time, but hey, it happens. Right?

Anyways, that was definitely an insightful introduction, and it looks like you'll be a welcome addition to the ranks of the slightly insane and mildly crazy people who frequent this site. I'm in both of those categories, if you're wondering rabbit

Anyways, enjoy yourself, have some fun, meet some of the people here, and watch out for the soul munchers. They have a tendency to show up and, well, eat your soul really. I'm rambling as well. Welcome to FoG Copper, and look forward to seeing you somewhere on the forums.

Yours Truly
Quakernuts

Last edited by quakernuts on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Welcome to the swirling mists!

We met earlier in the chat room. Please come back, we love to talk in the chat room, even if I've been kinda absent, but...anyhow!

A lot of people are awkward about talking about themselves. I believe that sentence was very awkward. Anyway, it may be because it can feel so conceited to talk about oneself. At least, I feel like that sometimes. At least when people force me to tell them good things about myself. Hrmpf. Give me silly any day and I'll answer you and I'll never stop. If you haven't noticed that's what I'm doing right now. Muahahahaha!

Right, so we are a little crazy here. We're what I like to call "crazy normal". (Ok, ok. I just made that up.) We are as crazy as "normal" people are. Of course, there is no normal, so that sentence can't be true. Alas, as Moira said: truth is subjective. So I'll just take it as the truth. Why would I say it anyway?

Ok, so here ends my ramble with a slight *cough cough* focus on myself. I hope you find your way around the forum and if you have any question feel free to post them here, pm me/staff/anyone else or ask them in the chat room.

Once again, welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

As they say, completely bonkers -- but then, all the best people are. ^^

Welcome to the FOG, Copper.eyes! cheers
This is just the forum for you, no question. ^^
I hope you enjoy yourself superlatively. Very Happy

Happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Greetings, CopperEyes! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

The rain falls down like tears...hello ^_^ Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you find what you are looked for here. Welcome!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome to FOG, Copper! Let me assure you that we really stress high-quality role-plays with deep, multidimensional characters and excellent storytelling. The only reason you might have to run away is from all our usual craziness. Miss Dagger put it quite splendidly calling us "crazy normal." But then I ask, what is normal? I've certainly never considered myself "normal," but then, truth is relative, just as Moira said. We enjoy nibbling and stealing souls, our resident ghosts speak in funny accents, and Quaker likes to go on destructive rampages from time to time. That said, I adore all the people here, and you won't find a better online home away from home than here, at least in my humble opinion. So once again, welcome! Enjoy your stay in the swirling mists!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down