FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin ~ Checking for Interest

2 posters

Go down

Sin ~ Checking for Interest Empty Sin ~ Checking for Interest

Post by Ethereal Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Sin ~ Checking for Interest 122gbo8

“Sin is not hurtful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is hurtful”
- Benjamin Franklin

It is said that man's weakness brings about Sin... and with every Sin man commits, brings about Chaos. If only they knew the other half of it.

In the beginning, man was created without Sin... everybody knows of the story. It was through that act of giving in to temptation that the rest of mankind became exposed to Sin, or rather cursed by it. That is how he grew in power; one man who spent his entire life indulged with Sin, studying it and making it his own. Countless stories about him spread like wildfire. Some claim he was deranged, others say he was beyond human. Which of it holds true? Nobody truly knows...

For a long time his motives remained shrouded in mystery. He tried to teach mankind his ways, wanting to spread his knowledge of Sin, his legacy upon them. Many succumbed, a select few remained untainted. These few viewed him as a heretic, a threat, an abomination... hence, the birth of religion. Solely for the purpose of guiding mankind away from his clutches, they formed many, teaching different methods on how to avoid Sin. It worked... only to the extent of creating a fragile balance of powers.

The Pure. People who swore to rid the world of his existence clashed against him from the days of old up to the present. With neither side having leverage over each other, the Sinners and the Pure fought on stagnant grounds. It was when he attained godhood from Sin that the balance was broken. It was with his godhood that the Sinners slowly began to change, change into something more... inhuman.

The change that the Sinners went through turned them into the vilest of the vile... more like him. These Sinners began devoting their lives into studying the teachings of each religion established by the Pure. They came up with ways to bend their rules and breach into the minds of the followers thus, spreading more and more of their kind. He named these creatures Pure Sinners. With each rule these Pure Sinners broke, teachings they shattered, beliefs they twisted, he grew more in power...

Desperate for salvation and on the brink of losing to him, the Pure combined their knowledge and teachings to create The Immaculate, an order devoted to rid the world of him, the god of Sin. The Immaculate created the Pristine Knights, people without Sin. These knights have been tasked with hunting down the Pure Sinners and were granted the power to absolve the Sins of the people, purifying them and ultimately weakening him, the god of Sin in the process.

And thus, balance was restored...

PRESENT DAY

The war of old between the Pure and the god of Sin had faded from the memories of the people. In the shadows however, unbeknown to them, the war waged on. Our story revolves around the life of two Pristine Knights, who faced the god of Sin and succeeded in bringing about salvation to the people.

~~~~~

Edited!

Last edited by Ethereal on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Sin ~ Checking for Interest Empty Re: Sin ~ Checking for Interest

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:42 pm

This sounds seriously interesting so far. Just so you know, but it depends on your continuation if it will continue to hold my interest (nothing against you of course, different things drive different people).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Thank you if that's the case. Very Happy Still, I'll try to keep it interesting with the help of a possible partner.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Heh, of course. Do you have a plot in mind, or are you planning on writing a continuation for the first post? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, the plot lies in the first post, should it get finished. I am contemplating on how to go about the characters that will take part in the story. You know the works, like being completely human or adding a little mystery to it with the help of unexplainable abilities...
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Ah yes. Think on it and tell me when you've updated (if you just edit the first post) and I will read. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Ah damn, Dagger beat me to it.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 am

First Post updated, awaiting feedback.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Indeed, I still think this seriously cool. I'm just wondering is our plot after the salvation, then? I'm intrigued. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Yep, you know History has a habit of repeating itself, the Pristine Knights, now crowned heroes, will have to embark on a present day journey to stop the spreading of Sin in the land once more. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Heh, sounds really cool, my friend. So what do we do now? Any ideas for themes, or character, more exact setting and the like? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

If you're game with this idea, I'll go make an OOC and transfer the first post there.

We can talk about additional ideas/thoughts there. Just let me know if you're down with this.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm game! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm