FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for interest

2 posters

Go down

Looking for interest Empty Looking for interest

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I posted up this idea earlier; though the one interested isn't able to start for a while; so I'm going to try my luck in stringing for another interest while I wait. Smile I'm excited about this story, and would love to get it rolling!

Superhero-ish/Vigilante theme....

The story revolves around a small group of hired help, mostly thieves, muscle-men, the sort of people that aren’t ‘evil’ but rather neutral in character, and are often frowned upon for simply looking out for themselves. (Most of the time.) They’re the sort of people who do what they have to do in order to survive. Times are rough; think Gotham city. Crime is high, mostly involving things such as theft, bank robbing and drug pushing. People are in desperate times, and because of that, more are turning to ‘other’ means of acquiring an extra income.

So within this hired help two people stand out the most; a man and a woman. The two have a history together, whether that involves simply growing up as friends, meeting in high school or even at their first job, it doesn’t matter. They’ve had a history together, and wound up rather close (See: romantic interest ). They also have a rare talent of working –very- well with one another, almost as if they could read one another’s mind. It’s always been that way, it’s nothing they question, so as life moved on and they grew older, they began to work and ‘grow’ because of their performances.

As hired help they’re used to getting involved on any side of the law; their latest hire was a Detective named Rick Harris, who they find over the span of their duties to be a twisted man with his own desires and pleasures in mind. But it’s a paying job, and like everyone they’re suffering for money, refusing would be foolish.

The city is trying to clean itself, there are cops and those who really are there fighting to make the world a better place and it was one of these officers that had found evidence of the Harris’ misdeeds. He confronted him while in the middle of some of his darker deals; and was shot in killed. The woman (the one I’d like to play) was at the scene when it happened; and while she was trying to talk the crooked Detective out of acting out of hand; crossed line of fire; the bullet went through the good-cop, and into her.

Her partner arrives some time later, finding her on the ground, bleeding, and crying out for help, so enraged/distracted/ he’s unable to take her to the hospital. When he turns around to get to her some time later, her body was gone.

And here we add the twist. ^_^ Super heroes aren’t unknown, but they aren’t very common either. Science is at a level where people are easily put back together again after car accidents, with bionic parts and, after some experiments, were in better health and function than when they began. Of course, in order to get such work done you had to have money. Which most lack.

It is months (maybe over a year) later that the two partners stumble upon one another; she has changed, her basic features are the same; but her hair is shorter, and her hazel eyes were now a pure amber; one of the signs hinting at chemical changes within the body. (Those often under the knife after a life altering surgery have their eyes change color because of the stress on the body, and the change within.) There’s relief in her partner at first; he hadn’t stopped searching and looking for information on her over that time; but when he confronts her he finds an emotionless woman who remembers nothing, trailing behind a man named “Simon” who seems to have a solid grip in controlling her. Enraged, worried, and baffled, the man starts his investigation once more on what happened; and now that he has a name and confirmation that she was alive, he brings out the others to investigate.

Things aren’t easy to discover, there is a lot of ‘perfect’ information about this Simon, placing him as a rich man who makes several generous donations a year. He’s known to save lives; paying for operations families can’t afford, and often he’s on the news talking about how everyone should reunite to get out of this depression the world is slumping in; and his stand against those calling themselves ‘super heroes’. Research finds him untouchable; too perfect, but it’s that flawless information that tightens the unease. The deeper they dig, the more they find the information repetitive and flattering.

Some of these ‘heroes’ have been killed off during these investigations, claiming freak accidents on the news, and little investigation on the part of the head Detective; who is no other than the Detective Harris who had shot and assumed to kill their partner. Somehow it’s all connected, and the team begins to try to dig deep to get at the root of the problem; while moving to try and protect their ‘heroes’ at the same time.

I’m open to suggestions and ideas; and there is –plenty- of room for changes that would make a better fit to our characters. ^__^ There are several parts that can be played here, but I’d like to avoid making this thread too large less it gets overwhelming. Does anyone have any questions? Would like to join in? We can add twists if you’d like; perhaps after the two partners were separated, the man, (who ever he’s name will be) takes some tests of his own and becomes a sort of vigilante in a change of heart to stop such detectives like Harris. A man who seems untouchable in this age. I’m open for ideas!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Looking for interest Empty Re: Looking for interest

Post by Kalaam Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:25 am

Wait, was this always in one on one, or was it posted in advanced or casual too? Or am I just going senile?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:43 pm

lol, hardly senile. I had it posted under casual before, where it got a nibble... but due to time and events, I'm not certain if it would even pick up. So I thought to push it here, and seek maybe a new face for interest. After this attempt, if nothing, I'll consider it a lost cause. *Sigh*
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:50 pm

I will think about it. Everything on this forum moves slow enough that I can be involved in multiple threads at once. Kind of a nice change really.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:53 pm

By all means, you'd be welcome. I intend for this RP to move a little slow and casual; most of my focus is going towards Sacred, as well as Darker City Streets. This I plan for fun, creative chaos. ^_^
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down