FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

+2
Silvan Arrow
Eternity
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} - Page 4 Empty Re: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

Post by Eternity Sun May 02, 2010 10:31 pm

At this pace, I feel like in the next week we'll make more progress than my previous attempt at this roleplay made in like a month and a half.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC} - Page 4 Empty Re: FFX: Resurrection {Closed OOC}

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Yay! We're doing better!

What sorta cast did you have the first time?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 pm

I had like two heavy swordsman, a black mage, thief, light swordsman or two, red mage, white mage. Overall it was a team of like 8; which was probably too much.

They were good writers, and DeadEye was apart of my old cast. It just kind of... died..., Oh, and one of them was a Rhonso, lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun May 02, 2010 10:50 pm

No blitz fighter? Heaven forbid you guys met a flying boss. D: It would have been a disaster.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 03, 2010 12:25 am

We had two light swordsmen, two heavies, one thief, one black mage, one white mage, one red mage, and one blitz fighter. We had two players who wanted two characters, for a total of 9...way too many, lol.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Big party. How could you lose againest any bosses? XD

Oh, that's another question I had. How exactly are battles going to work? I kinda get it based off what you explained at the thread start, but I'm still a little confused by it exactly.

<.< Still no Kingmaker.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

When we enter a fight, I will post a past for the monster, or a description at least so you may begin a preemptive strike. From there, it is like it is now. Everyone posts once, depending on their number. So I'll be first, Narisa second, and so on and so forth.

After everyone posts once, or sometimes every three posts, I'll post as the enemy or boss.

Now for normal enemies, I'll just present a bundle of them, and you have the free ability to write out your defeating them however you please without turn-taking and mess like that. Boss battles are just going to be more organized however.

And in each of your responses to a boss battle, you will do one or two things (one in the beginning, two in later posts).

One is that you will explain your attack. If your attack is a normal attack, your post will probably revolve around your intimidation (or not) of the beast; the readying of your blade as you rush forward and slash. If you use a special attack, or a skill or spell: explain that. You have one move; two if you use a Potion or Ether. And don't just stop at you hit the thing. Explain the rush back to your spot, or however you plan to circle around the enemy and surround it- though most occasions will include simply standing before it.

Two will come first if it is available. If an enemy has attacked you or someone else; react. What has it done (I will provide this, just as if the monster were another addition to our roleplay squad). How does it hurt you, was it a good attack or not? Can you recover, or is it ailing you? Status effects gained? If another person has been hit, make a small note to that. Ex: If Roe has been hit, turn your head and see this. You know she was hit because you should be focused in battle and observing the enemy. Does it give you an idea of the enemy's strength? Are you worried for Roe's health, or does the strike invoke a rich anger into you?

That kind of thing. I hope that was a good enough explanation. And YEAH! Where is Kingmaker!!!!!????!!!?!?!?!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 pm

That is a perfect explanation. Thank you for clearing it up. Now I want to run around killing shet...but only if Kingmaker rears his Machina head! *shakes fist*

Hopefully he takes all our whining as playful jests... >.>
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon May 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeah, thanks for the explanation, Eternity. I was a little worried about how I would write battle posts for Narisa, since she doesn't have any means of actually attacking an enemy right now. Right now it looks like she'll be limiting to healing or buffing, at least until she gains the ability to call on Wild Summons.

And oh yeah: KINGMAKER, COME BACK!!!!! WE NEEEEED YOU!!!!!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue May 04, 2010 8:05 pm

For but a brief flicker, I saw him. But I did not act, and the time slipped through my fingers. Woe to he who miss his chance.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 pm

At least we know he's alive and hasn't just disappeared.

But... *whimpers* The wait...it KEEEELS me... Crying or Very sad
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed May 05, 2010 11:19 pm

D'oh, he was on today too >.<'

C'mon King, even if it's a short post, just do something buddy!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 pm

I'll (sadly) move on without him, modding his character just enough to move him on with the rest of us. I'll probably post tomorrow.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu May 06, 2010 7:20 am

Sounds good. I should have time to write a post sometime tomorrow. This week has been insane.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon May 10, 2010 10:34 pm

I'll post in the next few days, and I need to message Kingmaker. I'm unsettled by his absence, and I apologize for my own absence. Life's been excessively busy...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 10, 2010 10:36 pm

S'fine. I was just worried this was going to die. But rejoice I shall, for still we stand in your favor! *placates*

Okay, enough of my minion talk. Razz

I am a little worried myself...it's odd for someone to just...vanish.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Ready and waiting to continue. In the past I've noticed I'm very pushy about people posting, only to find that I'm also being waited on. I've been trying to cut back on that.

Anyway, I've made about 0% progress on my picture. When I get home from work I'm about 2% motivated to try and attempt....art, about 80% ready for bed, and the other 18% gets squeezed for all it's worth here on FoG, lol.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon May 10, 2010 11:09 pm

That's totally fine. I understand that life's been busy. I have exams coming up this week (last exams as a college student! woot!), so if this RP had been going at its regular pace, I'm afraid you all would have had to wait for me. I was also worried that it was going to die, but I'm glad you're still invested in it, Eternity. I mean, this RP is just too epic to let it die! So take as much time as you need to get your life less hectic, and we stand at the ready to continue!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu May 13, 2010 1:55 am

Hey guys, I'm going through a lot of personal stuff, sorry for the lack of posting. I'll try and post later.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey, sorry I haven't been around much and yes, the reason is I have been very busy with a move to someplace else thing and it's been totally eating up all my time for the past few weeks.

I am still in the process of setting up business first in our new home and the rework about furniture just... kills all my free time. Hopefully, the ISPs there would be able to hook me up with internet in a couple days or maybe a week -and that's stretching it.

Hope this is still active by the time I've settled in fully and get my free time back on track. Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 am

I'm also still here. I'm ready to continue when everyone else is.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 19, 2010 8:39 am

I'm here and ready to go as well!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 am

All right, I'm going to try and push us forward this weekend. I tried last weekend, but FOG had not been re-registered or something with the forum board it's being rented from or whatever (???).

Anyways, I'm glad you are all still interested.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Still no word from Kingmaker eh? *sigh*
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue May 25, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm still here. Ready whenever everyone else is
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Same here. I really hope our esteemed RP mistress will return and give us the green light for the next round of posts! I hate to bring up an unpleasant topic (because I'm usually the "nice one"), but if we haven't heard from Kingmaker by this time, we may have to assume that he's dropping out and that we should press on without him. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it would be a better one than just letting such a great RP fade into oblivion.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed May 26, 2010 3:03 am

I totally agree. It would be a waste to let this RP die.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 am

I will continue perhaps tomorrow or the next day. My absence was due to graduation and all the parties and celebrations and hell that came with it lol.

This will live again. Now, before we move on.

Roll Call!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 am

I'm in.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 am

Plague-Three, standing by.

I'm on your six, Eternity-Leader. Commencing our attack run!

>.>

Star wars jokes aside, I'm in.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next