FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed]

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Empty FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed]

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:27 pm

This is for all you FFX fans who want a literate roleplay. Even if you don't know anything about FFX, sign up and you'll learn as we go. I want to make this open for all people!

Final Fantasy X: Resurrection

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] My_pet_PyreFly_

- - Years of the Calm have come, and people have become accustomed to the peace without fear. The world of Spira has grown to be a loving world, and has begun to rebuild its old memories into new ones, new memories with new meanings... - -

New places have begun to rise; new shops, new stores, new extensions of the land. But one place in particular will alter history. This place's reconstruction will turn this world into the place it once was. The place of fear, of nightmares, and of secrecy...

This place is Zanarkand.

Yet it rises, years after Sin has fallen. And the city has become functional again. A second Blitzball Dome is born here, and the city is prosperous as always. The city itself, is complete. Ready for living. Ready for life to return.

And it has. People bustle along these streets, run along these corridors and runways, walking through what was once a destroyed figment of history...

But deep underground, construction continues. People search and seek whatever it is that seems to haunt the workers here...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Found anything?" A male voice echoed softly through the crumbled stone hall. Deep underground, there sat a stretch of catacombs almost, but what they held was unknown. Above ground, though, life continued. The night's people could be heard echoing into the stone chamber, the voices muffled and echoing so softly. But strangely, deep in his own mind, Rae heard something calling to him. Calling his name...

"Nope." He lied. Though it was somewhat the truth. He hadn't found anything. Only heard it. Over and over.

He slid his hands down as he took on the south-half of the corridor, ridding of the crumbled rock over the cobblestone path that led into a wall. Rae would wrap his wiry dirtied hands around a thick rock, lift it, and put it down elsewhere. Trying to uncover this wall.
Warren asked him what made him want to work over at the south end, but Rae had no answer. The closer he got to the wall, the more he felt it. Calling to him. Reaching out. It had to be on the other side.
Whatever it was. Rae didn't seem to care. Just that it was making his fingertips tingle when he reached closer and closer...

After moving the last few rocks, he saw something engraved into the wall. Cracks ran through the deep gray stone, and distorted the look of it actually being a door. But the carvings were intricate and old, and Rae could almost see glyphs glowing when he drew his dirty fingers over the door.

Finding a small indent in the door, he pushed, and the entire stone figure shifted back.

Warren snapped his head back and watched, watched as Rae stepped into a chamber of pitch darkness.

"H-hey, Rae? Wh-what are you doing? Rae?... Rae, can you hear me?" Warren watched as the outline of his partner disappeared into the darkness, and the door slid back into place...

In the dark room, Rae felt a bit of fear swelling beneath his breast. But he contained it, leaning more for the voice that echoed softly in his mind, swaying him further into the depths. Finally, he extended his hand, fingertips ecstatic to touch something he knew was there.

But Rae had no idea what he was about to awaken.

He thought, almost, that he had reached a mirror, for as his hand came closer to this object, or plane of sorts, he could see another hand mimicking his, coming closer.

When he touched the glass-like film, the other hand reaching to his own, light began to fade into play, from inside of the bubble-like cocoon. Inside was a face written in the dark scriptures of history. Blue eyes, a sharp look with a soft set of masculine features. Blue lightning-like marks down the forehead, and blue hair. This man was... was...

Rae realized what he had done. He stepped back, wide green eyes alight with horror. But the man inside this thin crystalline womb was emerging, pressing his long clawed fingers against the edge. The film began to crack, and Rae opened his lips to scream. But the room was suddenly tense, so devoid of oxygen that he couldn't draw a breath. His knees buckled as light burst from the breaking cocoon, and pyreflies erupted by the hundreds. An eerie sound of haunted souls filled the room with Rae's scream as the pyreflies delved into him, shot into his mouth and filling his body. Then, the soul of Seymour, envious and vengeful, broke forward, grasping the man by the neck until Seymour himself had become apart of this man. And the transformation was complete. And it was born, of the male's body, of the haunted and envious pyreflies, and of Seymour's wicked remains.

A new monster was born...

=======================================================================

All right people! So the story is about the birth of a monster, wicked and dark. He has come to cast his reign upon the people, his judgment after all these years of Calm. He believes that repent must be paid for people to truly honor and admire their own lives. And his judgment and rule will be born of fear and hatred.

He seeks the destruction of Spira, piece by piece.

And you shall stop him!

RULES:
-This adventure will be dictated by me. If you do of your own thing, introduce bosses or things that I do not approve of via PM first, I will choose to ignore you, and if I have to warn you/ignore you twice, you will be kicked from the roleplay.
-No Godmodding. You cannot control what another character says or does. Please, that is just a big peeve to me and many others. Don't do it.
-Be as literate as you can be. Try not to text talk, or make mistakes. Mistakes are okay, but just try to scan your posts for errors and things.
-Post according to the Advanced Section Requirements (20 solid sentences/4 solid paragraphs of five sentences or more). I want this to be done well. This is one of my more structured roleplays.
-Cursing is okay, just don't get carried away.
-Obey RPG rules. Sexuality can go to the PMs if it gets too hot.
-When I change chapters, you cannot post until I post first, to help instruct and dictate that chapter.
-Characters will level up by my doing so.
-All characters start out LEVEL ONE.
-Post 'Hey Ben' at the bottom of your post to let me know you read this.
-You do not take your character to the IC until you have MY APPROVAL FIRST.
-Please, have fun!

Race:

-Al Bhed: A race of nimble people from the Bikanel Islands (although they exist several other places as well), well accustomed to stealing and mechanical construction (Making machina).
-Ronso: A race of beast-like creatures from Mt. Gagazet. They are good fighters and can learn foe's moves.
-Spiran: A normal person of Spira. They have many varying talents, and are found just about everywhere.
-Guado: Lanky beings of long proportion of Guadosalem. These creatures are good with magic, and are very speedy/hasty creatures.

Class:

-Black Mage: Good with the dark arts, and elemental magicks.
-White Mage: Good with healing arts and protection magicks. Can summon when given permission by me.
-Red Mage: Good with both magic and fighting, skills about level both ways. Not specialized.
-Heavy Swordsman: Good with strong fighting, especially against armored enemies. (May use Axes/other)
-Light Swordsman: Good with quick fighting, especially against nimble enemies. (Katanas/light swords/spears/other)
-Blitz Warrior: Good with airborne enemies of most kinds.
-Thief: Good with stealing and using weapons such as 'Grenade'. Also good synthesizers (if you need elaboration, just ask).

Skills you may start with: (B/W Mages get none. Heavy/Light/Blitz/Red/ pick ONE)

{Thieves start out with 'Steal'}

-Dark Attack: R/other
-Silence Attack: R/other
-Sleep Attack: R/other
-Focus: B
-Reflex: B/R/thief/other
-Cheer: R/thief/other

Magicks you may start with: (B/W Mages pick FOUR, R Mage pick ONE)

-Fire: B/R Mage
-Blizzard: B/R Mage
-Thunder: B/R Mage
-Water: B/R Mage

-Cure: W/R Mage
-Esuna: W/R Mage
-Nul-Blaze: W/R Mage
-Nul-Frost: W/R Mage
-Nul-Shock: W/R Mage
-Nul-Tide: W/R Mage

Magicks you MAY NOT start with:

-Protect: W/R
-Shell: W/R
-Haste: R
-Slow: R
-Regen: W
-Cura: W
-Bio: B/R
-Death: B
-Demi: B
-Drain: R
-Osmose: R
-Flare: B
-Ultima: R/B

-Advanced Elements (Fira/Watera/Blizzara/Thundara : Firaga/Waterga/Blizzaga/Thundaga)

Character Sheet:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (pic or description, no anime, something realistic unless you've a Guado or Ronso)
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Magic:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]
Thanks. My characters:::
- I will be playing the bad guy, so suck it up. I won't have people turned against each other because it flictates the roleplay. And yes, I know. Flictates is not a word. But it works ;P...
-I'll also have another character to play along in our group.
-Oh yeah, I'll have narration sometimes to lead the storyline.

Enjoy!

~Eternity

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a map of Spira, as it was in FFX. The basic outlay is pretty simple, and all we'll really need for now. When things get a bit more complex, I'll bring them into play.

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Ffxmap

Information!:

Battle System: When fighting multiple enemies, don't worry about it. I'll supply you with your fight, and bla bla. It's nothing important, you can post your response to my narration when you please.
-When it comes to fighting bosses though, there is a system that will be put in place. Below, at the Character Upkeep Section, each character has a number. This number will determine the order. Since Roe is one, if she attacks the boss first, then next will be Ikanon. If Ikanon attacks first, whoever is number 3 will be next to attack. We will cycle through like this to keep order and assure that everyone gets to attack the boss. When fighting bosses, you may only make one attack or one cast (use of magic) per turn, unless I narrate otherwise.

What's a Calm?: A long time ago, a creature named Sin was born. He destroyed so much, and killed so many. People believed he was the punishment for all their machina and city growth; that it was consequence. But Summoners were born, raised. They went from temple to temple, going to pray to the spirits to gain Aeons. With Aeons, and the Final Summon, they could kill Sin temporarily. The period where Sin was no longer alive, before he was born again, was called a Calm.

Where is Sin now?: Sin has been eternally purged, and is no longer active. This is the lasting Calm, after Lady Yuna, a Summoner, and her Guardians went and fought Sin.

What is Blitzball?: Blitzball is a sport played in a water sphere (which people can breath in). It is played team against team, with a goal on either side of the sphere. The point is to take the blitzball and take it to the other side. To pass, you must throw the ball. To shoot, you must kick it. Bla bla, you'll get it eventually lol.

CHARACTER UPKEEP:

1) Roe:
Level 1 Red Mage
Overdrive 1- "Choke-Hold"
Weapon- Steel Whip
Special- Cheer
Skills- Dark Attack
Magic- Cure
Items- Potion
~Strength- 3
~Defense- 1
~Magic Offense- 1
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 1
~Evasion- 1
~Agility- 3

2) Ikanan:
Level 1 Heavy Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Cover"
Weapon- Broadsword : Axe
Special- __
Skills- Silence Attack
Magic- __
Items- Potion
~Strength- 5
~Defense- 3
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 1
~Agility- 1

3) Fenvarr:
Level 1 Black Mage
Overdrive 1- "Voice of Reason"
Weapon- Silver Crescent Staff
Special- __
Skills- __
Magic- Level 1 Elements
Items- Potion // Ether
~Strength- 0.5
~Defense- 0.5
~Magic Offense- 5
~Magic Defense- 3
~Magic Durability- 3
~Evasion- 3
~Agility- 2

4) Enneka:
Level 1 Thief
Overdrive 1- "Dance!"
Weapon- Steel-Clawed Gauntlets
Special- Reflex
Skills- Steal // Use
Magic- __
Items- Potion // Grenade (x4)
~Strength- 1
~Defense- 1
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 5
~Agility- 4

5) Sivan:
Level 1 Light-Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Finesse"
Weapon-
-Kukri
-Gauche (parrying blade)
Special- Reflex
Skills- __
Magic- __
Items- Potion
~Strength- 3
~Defense- 3
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 2
~Agility- 3

6) Sabazian:
Level 1 Heavy Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Gimlet's Eye"
Weapon-
-Halberd
-Shortsword
Special- __
Skills- __
Magic- __
Items- Potion
~Strength- 5
~Defense- 3
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 1
~Agility- 1

7) Piotr:
Level 1 Blitz Warrior
Overdrive 1- "Blind Roulette"
Weapon-
-Blitzball
Special- Reflex
Skills- __
Magic- __
Items- Potion
~Strength- 3
~Defense- 2
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 0
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 2
~Agility- 3

8.) Arima:
Level 1 White Mage
Overdrive 1- "Divine Touch"
Weapon-
-White Staff
Special- __
Skills- __
Magic- Cure // Esuna // Nul-Blaze // Nul-Shock
Items- (2) Potions // Ether
~Strength- 0
~Defense- 1
~Magic Offense- 1
~Magic Defense- 3
~Magic Durability- 5
~Evasion- 4
~Agility- 2

9) Maya:
Level 1 Light-Swordsman
Overdrive 1- "Molotov Cocktail"
Weapon-
-(2) Short Swords
Special- __
Skills- Sleep Attack
Magic- __
Items- Potion
~Strength- 3
~Defense- 3
~Magic Offense- 0
~Magic Defense- 1
~Magic Durability- 0
~Evasion- 2
~Agility- 3

Overdrive Upkeep:

Roe's Overdrive:
"Choke-Hold"
-A physical attack. By lashing her whip in a certain way, she entangles the enemy in it, then jerks the whip to create a tight hold on the enemy. It 'chokes' the enemy, and does a good bit of damage. Afterward, the enemy remains stunned for one turn (the effect is called ''Delay").
(effects caused: Delay)

Ikanan's Overdrive:
"Cover"
Ikanan will use his bulk to cover his allies, taking all attacks for a round against himself, and then returning that damage in full with his axe and broadsword.
(effects caused: Guard x all allies & increased stats. next turn)

Fenvarr's Overdrive:
"Voice of Reason"
Fenvarr attempts to reason his way out of a fight with the enemy, be it with words or just trying to scare it off. This move will either confuse the enemy or cause it to retreat.
(effects caused: Flee or Confuse)

Enneka's Overdrive:
"Dance!"
Enneka throws a series of small bombs at the enemy's feet, causing the enemy to "dance". As the bombs go off and the enemy is distracted the others can get their hits in. The move works on flying creatures, though is generally harder to pull off.
(effect caused: 3 turn distraction/Delay)

Sivan's Overdrive:
"Finesse"
The next physical attack directed at Sivan will be a guaranteed miss that gets countered by a full force attack which is guaranteed to hit.
(effects caused: automatic miss on enemy's part & increased stats. counterattack)

Sabazian's Overdrive:
"Gimlet's Eye"
Racing to the opponent, Sabazian reverses his halberd. Using the chisel point (or the sharp edged back), he creates a might swing that pierces the armor and does damage.
(effects caused: Piercing)

Piotr's Overdrive:
"Blind Roulette"
Piotr raises his own Aim and Accuracy, as well as his strength. Thus, when he attacks, there is 0 chance of evasion, and damage is doubled.
(effects caused: Aim, Accuracy, & doubled damage)

Arima's Overdrive:
"Divine Touch"
Arima is able to cast cure on all allies, healing a large chunk of their HP or casts esuna on them.
(effects caused: Cure all / Esuna all)

Maya's Overdrive:
"Molotov Cocktail"
After taking a gulp of alcohol from the bottle she gets from her bag, Maya pushes a cloth into the bottle and sets the end on fire, throwing it at the enemy afterwards.
(effects caused: none [physical damage only])

Aeon Upkeep

-NOTE: Aeons will not be summoned as they were in the Final Fantasy X. Though White Mages will probably receive the most of Aeons, Aeons can be used by other characters. I will decide Aeon handout and use. The Aeons in this game are called Wild Summons.

-How to summon a Wild Summon?: Wild Summons are trapped in small spheres that can be found by looking around, or are dropped by powerful enemies. Sometimes you can fight an enemy all to learn that is an aeon. By defeating it, you can receive the Wild Summon Sphere of that enemy. I will dictate when a character is able to summon a Wild Summon.

-------------

Faluxin: Level 2: Wild Summon-- [Unlocked]
Overdrive: "Soul Suffocation"
Sphere: Chain Sphere
~Battle Options:
-Attack [stride forward and lash the enemy with chain-edged fins]
-Bind [fly upwards and dive towards enemy, halting ahead of him to create a wind gust of wind and a loud rattle of chains- deals damage and delays the enemy's immediate reaction]
-White Magic:: Protect [cast a shield over himself]
FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Aeon001
*Artwork by Eternity*

Last edited by Eternity on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 22 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Empty Re: FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed]

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Name: Ikarus

Race: unknown

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Artbook_cover_by_heise

Role: The strange peaceful-looking creature with a taste for utter destruction and death.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the Heroes:

Name: Ranona "Roe" Duvest

Race: Spiran

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Elisabetta-Canalis-Image
-She is fashioned in a pair of dark brown cargo pants, and a tight short black tank top beneath a beige vest. Her fists are wrapped in white bandages, and along her wrists are several bracelets; some thin chain-links and other just leather strings.

Class: Red Mage

Skills: Dark Attack

Magicks: Cure

Weapon: Whip with steel scales

Personality: Strong and determined, Roe is a pure person with a forward-only mindset. Once she decides to do something, it might as well be done. But her curiosity stirred with her adamant nature causes much trouble. And her caring heart for her friends seems to make it hard for her to leave behind or forget the ones she loves.

Bio: Ranona was born in Bevelle, raised with her brother Rayg, or Rae. Together, the two became adventurous and wild children, seeking more fun than the city truly beheld for them. But as the grew older, the two seemed to split paths. Roe began to fall more for historical study and excavation, and Rae more for archeology and construction.

In their adult years, the two had planned to meet back up in Zanarkand. But when rumors begin to go around, and Rayg never shows up, Roe begins to wonder what happened to her brother.

Side Characters for now:

Name: Priest (all that's known)

Race: unknown, suspected Guado

Appearance: FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Dark_Priest_by_akmal656

Role: A Dark Priest who seems to know what has happened, and haunts the characters.

Last edited by Eternity on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 am

I'm totally in! I haven't read anything yet, but anything FF makes in an automatic WIN. I will read up on everything and get a character or two made.

The only thing is I've only ever play FF7 and 8, so I don't know anything about X. If I have any questions after reading all the info you have up, that I can't figure out on my own through some research, I will send you a PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:28 am

I'm interested in this, but does the Heavy Swordsman class encompass polearms as well? I've been dying to play some sort of a halberdier or something for a character, as I've been going through a phase where I'm about to go find the local ren faire and get dressed up in a Landsknecht outfit.

I'll still play even if there isn't any sort of polearm use, since I'll just take the heavy swordsman class anyhoo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 am

Name: Ikanan Ronso
Race: Ronso
Appearance:
FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Angry_Ronso
Ikanan has black fur that covers an extremely muscular body. The long, black head hair is tied in thick strands with gold rings, and another gold ring adorns is horn (see picture above).

He wears a black band with golden studs along his right thigh, and another which wraps around his right forearm and hand (see picture above).

A red and gold colored cloth hangs from the front and back of his belt to his knees, covering yet alowing him to move easily when necessary (see picture above).

Ikanan wears a thick leather chest plate to protect his torso from physical attacks. He wears no other actual armor, preferring to rely on his skill in causing damage in order to prevent it. A thick belt adorns his waist, which he attaches his axe to with a simple holster. A large scabbard is tied to his back to hold his enormous broadsword.

Class: Heavy Swordsmen
Weapons: A broadsword and an axe, depending on the situation. The broadsword is attached to his back in its scabbard, and the axe hangs from his belt.
Skills: Silence Attack

Magic: None

Personality: Ikanan Ronso is a fierce warrior who has never been beaten by any Ronso of his age or skill. He takes great pride in his fighting abilities. Ikanan thinks very lowly of those who can't prove themselves in battle, and he is known by those of his tribe as a bully. Ikanan typically uses his fierce tongue to get his way, but when that doesn't work he will not hesitate to draw blood. Despite his harsh and uncompromising attitude, Ikanan is fiercely loyal to his kind, and to all he considers to be a "friend." He just has awkard social habits that tend to cause more trouble than laughs.

Bio: Ikanan grew up preparing himself to follow the path established by the Elder Kimahri in the beginning of the Calm: to venture out into Spira and find his own path, and to bring that knowledge back to his tribe for the benefit of all. Lusting for the challenges before the time of the Calm, Ikanan has trained himself to become a fierce warrior. While he knows that he lives in a time of peace, he acts as if he can trust no one and must fend for himself.
Ikanan set out one year ago to begin his travels across Spira. His first destination, of course, was the city of Zanarkand, where all of the troubles had started before. It was here, Ikanan was certain, that he would truly be tested and take his first steps onto the path to his destiny.

Hopefully this works out for you. I read up on the story and the characters, particularly the Ronso, so I hope it feels somewhat authentic.

'Hey Ben'

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:28 am

YAY! Accepted Silvone!

@ Heysuess: Yeah, I don't mind any kind of use of a polearm. The basic or most evident difference between Heavy Swordsman and Light Swordsman is this:
Heavy S. are more prone to piercing attacks, and though they are slower in battle, they do good against shielded enemies for the most part.
Light S. are faster and more agile, able to evade better than Heavy S., and good at attacking nimble enemies that aren't defended by any kind of shell, shield, etc.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am

I'm posting so you know I'm hiding in the bushes like a crazy FFX fan cheetah ready to pounce. Oh yeah, my similes are amazing.

I can make more than one character right? I don't remember reading anything that said otherwise but I like to check before I go all willy nilly making more than one. I only want two at the moment though.

Last edited by Inerio on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hey, there was a w in that word.)
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 pm

You can make more than one. But I would prefer only two mains as a maximum, with however many side characters you'd like.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:11 pm

OH we also need to discuss Overdrives. Please think up something for your character as an Overdrive. For those who do not know, an Overdrive is like an unique and superior attack. I'll decide when characters are able to use Overdrives, as I'll also be playing major narrator and whatnot. But just make sure your Overdrive fits your character's class and abilities.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Do we just come up with the overdrives on our own? Or do we use pre-exising overdrives from the game itself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:30 pm

You can create your own, and PM me your idea. If I approve of it, I'll put it in the first post. You can go up there, and check it out constantly, because I'm always adding stuff to it. I'll be adding the Battle System to it shortly. Yes. I have a battle system. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm

I never played FFX but I am a big fan of the series. I'd love to make a thief character if you haven't already got someone else asking for the position. I'll start writing up a character sheet right now!
Oh, and 'Hey Ben'. Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 pm

sweet!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

HEY BEN!!!!

I hope these are okay. I'm typing out my Overdrives right now to PM you, but my internet is acting a bit funny so it might not get there for a few minutes.

Name: Fenvarr Vital
Race: Guado
Appearance: FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Elven_Prince_by_LeafOfSteel-1
Class: Black Mage
Weapons: Fenvarr owns a staff about a head taller than himself. At the end is ornate silver which forms a crescent moon. From the tip of the crescent drops an opal. The rest of the staff is black, save for the bottom that ends in a silver point.
Skills: None, unless you can count looking like an utter pansy in the worst of situations.
Magic: Fire, Thunder, Water, Blizzard.

Personality: Fenvarr is one of those people that just can't seem to say no. Top that off with the fact that he'd rather attempt to talk his way out of a fight and you have a recipe for disaster. It's a wonder that Fenvarr hasn't willingly given away an arm and a leg to an utter stranger, and an even bigger mystery as to why he became a black mage in the first place.

It should also be noted that while polite and well mannered Fenvarr develops a terrible stutter under pressure.

Bio: Fenvarr was born to a rather wealthy family. He spent most of his youth pouring over texts in order to learn about the world around him. However, books were no substitute for the real world and Fenvarr could feel the void that lack of interaction left him with. At the age of nineteen Fenvarr set out into the world to have his own adventures, thinking that perhaps at the end of his travels he could settle down and publish his own book.

Name: Enneka Xekcion
Appearance:
FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Waiting_by_prettylilly
Class: Theif
Weapons: Steel Clawed gauntlets.
Skills: Reflex

Personality: Enneka is a brash and generally abrasive person. Under normal circumstances she doesn't spare feelings and is quick to let loose her opinion. However, her new found friendship with Fenvarr has taught her to at least have some tact. Unfortunately, it's obvious when she's attempting to mince her words and normally comes out sounding awkward.

Due to being raised in an Al Bhed family Enneka can speak fluent Al Bhed. However, she often forgets what language she's speaking mid sentence and when frustrated will weave in and out of both languages leaving others thoroughly confused.

Bio: Enneka was born to Spiran parents. Shortly after being born her parents split up and she was left under the care of her father, who married an Al Bhed woman. Enneka grew up with one full Al Bhed older brother, and four half Spiran half Al Bhed siblings. The family was a generally happy one, better than any she could have asked for.

At the age of sixteen Enneka decieded that she was "mature enough" to live on her own. She wasn't. The world proved to be a difficult place when one doesn't have six other family member to help her out of a rut, and soon Enneka lost all her money. Swindled and cheated Enneka turned to a life of crime until she turned eighteen and was talked into traveling with Fenvarr.

Last edited by Inerio on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:43 pm

they are GREAT.

I'll go on and create their statistics and put them in the first post shortly.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:03 pm

This just in!: Inerio's Overdrives have been submitted and accepted. They are now up top. I need Silvone's, and after that, it's just waiting on a few more people to show up Very Happy
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm

These do not HAVE to be filled, whoever wants to sign up still can be whatever class they want, but I'm lacking a White Mage, a Light Swordsman, and a Blitz Warrior (<-- someone who fights with a ball XD)

These spots do not NEED to be filled, the only one I can think of as MOST needed to be filled would be White Mage. But do not worry, if one does not show up, I'll fill the spot. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:25 pm

I was going to make a Thief, but since it's been taken I'll modify my character to make a light swordsman.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 pm

No problem.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Ok, been working on this all day, finally finished!

As with 101% of my character sheets, please expect some changes as I flesh the character out completely! I will try not to be too annoying about this!

Name: Sivan Noga
Race: Al Bhed
Appearance: Currently being made, I'm going to use my avatar, but here's the short description until it's done:
Sivan has a slightly short stature, right around 5'8". His hair is dark, and kept short and slightly messy, just a shade below being jet black, and his eyes are a soft green that give away his serene personality. His skin is mostly tanned with impeccable complexion. His general demeanor seems almost emotionless, almost as if hiding some distant depression.

His clothing/armor consists of a dark gray lightly armored buckle-up vest and arm length gauntlets of the same color. On his shoulders and elbows he wears small metal armor plates. The plates are used in conjunction with a parrying knife to deflect attacks, but they offer a small amount of protection from attacks that get through. His leggings match the vest in style and color, but have no armor on them to facilitate quick movement on his feet. His boots are lightweight and resemble Japanese tabi. His clothes in general are kept somewhat close fitting and secure to keep him nimble.

Class: Light Swordsman

Weapons: Normally uses an enlarged kukri in combat but has a 'main gauche' (french for left hand-aka left handed parrying blade) for the left hand when he needs to get defensive.
The Kukri is worn over his back with the handle peeking over his right shoulder, while the gauche sits on his left hip. This configuration allows Sivan to quickly draw his blades without having to cross his arms, a common mistake made by inexperienced swordsmen who cross their blades only to accidentally cut themselves instead of the enemy.
A Kukri:FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] Survival_kukri_knife_ks4858-2
An average Kukri is about 11-12 inches in length, but Sivan's was made especially long to facilitate his fighting style. It's about 18 inches long from tip to counterweight.
The main gauche or 'swordbreaker':FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] SwordBreaker-1
(short battle lesson): Kukri's have a forward bend to facilitate better cutting power with less effort. The sharp edge is actually on the inside of the curve instead of the outside. (unlike katanas and similar curved blades) It is held with a normal grip, blade facing upward like most swords and cutting weapons.

The left handed blade is used to deflect incoming blows and set the enemy up for a counterattack. The ridges on the backside are often used to catch and redirect the enemy's blade. Unlike the Kukri, it is held with the blade facing downward. While it's mainly a lightweight defensive tool, it is sharp enough to slash or stab an enemy if the opportunity presents itself.

Skills: Reflex

Overdrive: Finesse- The next physical attack directed at Sivan will be a guaranteed miss that gets countered by a full force attack which is guaranteed to hit.
(Evade+Counterattack)

Personality: While Sivan is technically very young, he feels as though he's near the end of his life. Throughout his life his experiences caused him to mature quickly. He lost most of his family and caregivers at a young age, having to drift among friends and sometimes new acquaintances to put a roof over his head. He is extremely well mannered and very often makes good first impressions, although his highly reserved personality keeps him from developing deep relationships with those around him. Those he can bond with will be closer than family, but his distant personality keeps him from making the first steps toward such a relationship. It should also be noted that his nomadic lifestyle has earned him a great understanding of the languages of Spira, although he tends to speak his native language most often.

With those that he has finally forged a close relationship to, he is a totally different person. He talks openly about anything with those he trusts, and acts like a 'normal' person; even being known (on extreme occasion) to be cheerful.

Bio: Sivan started drifting between families when he was only 3. His parents divorced for reasons unknown to him, but neither parent wanted to claim custody. His uncle unwillingly took the task, thinking that he could love the young child as his own, but the void created by the early separation from his parents was never filled. Sivan was abused both physically and psychologically. At age 6 he tried to run away, but didn't make it far. A friend's parents found him sleeping in a roadside ditch less than 3 days later. With almost no questions asked, Sivan was adopted about a year later. The family, also Al Bhed, took him in and treated him with just as much love as their own children. He had gotten a rough start, but finally found a loving family. But...

Shortly after his 14th birthday, Sivan awoke to a silent house...
Everyone in the house, save for himself, had been murdered. With almost no explanation, a ruthless killer had entered the house and slain the entire family in their sleep. Devastated and hopeless, Sivan tried to take his own life. He ran a blade into his own abdomen, but failed to fulfill his intentions. He passed out from pain and blood loss, but was saved by emergency personnel before bleeding to death. Shortly after, he was admitted to an asylum to treat his severe depression, a daunting task that took almost 3 years.

When Sivan was 17, a stranger came to visit him every day, asking numerous questions but never revealing much about himself. Sivan began to trust him, even though he didn't even know the man's name. After a month of visits, the man negotiated Sivan's early release from treatment.

No less than a day after being released, the man tried to kill Sivan. A stroke of divine grace let Sivan escape with his life, but not without a new scar across his left cheek. Sivan fended him off bare handed, relying on agility rather than force to defeat him. The last thing Sivan heard as he ran for his life was his assailant's vow to kill him one day.

Sivan has been a loner ever since then. That was 6 years ago. He has been traveling the world learning to fight, survive, and barely get by on what was needed. He has known little luxury and worked very hard for everything he has, which is very little in comparison to the average resident of Spira. At the outset of the story he has just arrived in Zanarkand, wandering the city much as he has wandered most of the world.

Last edited by DeadEye on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am

All right. Now, I'm REALLY excited about getting this started. SO anyways. We've got Klixx who is making a character now, and it is- for the most part- almost complete. As well, I'd like to wait for Heysuess. But REGARDLESS, I may just open the IC up tonight.

Edit:

NEW PLAYERS are still welcome though Very Happy I've got about two more spots open not including Heyseuss/Klixx.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Awesome! I can't wait for this RP to start.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

one or two more people, PLEASE?!

Reminder:

Silvone: I need your Overdrive via PM.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:04 pm

@ Eternity: Yeah...for some reason I'm having some trouble thinking up something suitable. If you have any ideas, let me know. I don't know why I'm having an Overdrive mental block...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 pm

maybe kind of like Kimahri's, it can involve a jump.

Maybe throwing the axe at an enemy to stun them, and then doing a ''jump'' into the air and coming down with the broadsword on the enemy. Effects could be Delay, Piercing, and something else perhaps. Who knows?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Ikanan's Overdrive has been discussed, decided, and approved. It is now in the First OOC post. Very Happy
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 pm

IS THAT AN IC THAT I SEE!?

That pun was unintentional, but it works.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 pm

IC is up.

Go and introduce your characters. And if people haven't signed up yet, don't worry! You can still join! This is still open! XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Name: Sabazian
Appearance: Something along the lines of six or so feet tall, long limbs and lean muscle, he wears his hair in a close crop. He is extremely dark skinned.
Class: Heavy Swordsman
Weapons: Halberd (a large axe-headed polearm designed to work against armored enemies, we're talking the European version, not the poncey Japanese stuff that doesn't have the hooks, bill or spike) , Short Sword

FFX: Resurrection OOC [closed] QGH7173PH629

Skills: Focus

Magic: -

Personality:

Sabazian learned early on that talk is trouble, and those that live by talking inevitably wind up getting killed. When he does speak, it's direct and curt. Otherwise, he is content to let others do the talking. Occasionally, he does cut in but it's rare -- he figures the less one says, the more heeded the words will be when said.

Bio:

Sabazian's people have always sold themselves off as mercenaries. Even when momentous events are not afoot, there is always a need for someone to guard the caravans or hold back the monsters, and Sabazian's people, more of a wondering array of fellow mercenaries from all stripes, answered much of that need.

His father was a particularly tough leader among one of the small bands plying their trade, but he died young, Sabazian, orphaned, was taken care of as something of a child of the 'village' and learned his trade from the others, but was never quite a part of it. The idea of guarding caravans or working for villages to earn his food seemed terribly pedestrian.

When the latest venture didn't go so well, and the miserly caravan driver's beasts came down sick because the copper-pinching bastard decided he didn't want to pay the 'unnecessary' expense of decent fodder, but instead paid for suspiciously second rate stuff, Sabazian made his way back to Zanarkand, not sure what to do with himself, but very sure that he was done with caravan guarding.

Last edited by Heyseuss on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:09 pm

No problem sweety.
I'll go on and work a Stats sheet for you into the OOC and IC first posts. When you finish up, tell me, and think up an Overdrive. Thanks Heysuess!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next