FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychosis OOC (Open)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Psychosis OOC (Open) Empty Psychosis OOC (Open)

Post by Kremlin Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:32 pm

IC

Short Version (for the attention-impaired): A being resembling a god has been struck down by some careless mortal. This being, too powerful to cease existing in such a mundane manner, instead collides with earth and shatters - into three parts. Each part is a manifestation of the original being's mind: The Order, The Free, and The Open (Superego, Id, and Ego respectively.) The being's presence distorts the fabric of reality itself, and earth morphs to fit the three personalities. The factions of The Order and The Free wage a never ending war. The Open, the only entity capable of restoring things to normal, is lost - though it's denizens remain out in the open. Both The Order and The Free seek to destroy The Open and harness it's power, breaking the stalemate and shaping the world in their image. Humans have become pawns in this war and now serve one of the three entities - each entity mutates the human to fit it's image.

Notes for clarity: The Order, The Free, and The Open are all names of the physical beings that the original entity split into, as well as the name of the factions, as each fragmented being is a manifestation of that faction. The faction descriptions at the bottom of this post are descriptions of the humans serving under each manifestation.

Your character does not need to have every aesthetic, or any at all. They do need to conform somewhat to the behavior of each faction.

You can have multiple characters.

I'm the type of person who will let you get away with a lot, so if you have a request feel free to ask.

Longer version (contains physical descriptions of the three manifestations towards the end if you're interested):
Spoiler:

Faction choices
The Order:
Spoiler:

The Free:
Spoiler:

The Open:
Spoiler:

You may display your character in any way you see fit, character sheet or otherwise. Some vital info you should try to put in however is their faction and abilities.

Kremlin Name: Master Sergeant Leopold Neville
Faction: The Order

Description: Leopold considers himself British despite his mother's French origin. Not that it mattered, countries and nationalities were slowly fading from memory under the watchful eye of The Order. He is in his late twenties, old enough to have a vague idea of what life was like before the divide of the three manifestations, but young enough to have not known any other life. Leopold is also noticeably short (not even breaking 5'7"), dark haired, and stoic. This, combined with his half-french blood earned him the nickname "Napoleon," though he lacks the temper or desire for conquering. Leopold does not possess a right eye, not from any battles or horrid accidents, but from the distorting energies of The Order being. The eye he does have is drained of color.
The best description of Leopold's personality could be "calmly vindictive." He shares the same eerie stillness as the manifestation, but when he goes after a "wrong-doer" he never lets up until they are caught or dead, and treats them like scum scraped of his boots regardless of the severity of their crimes. He has never admitted to being wrong, and if he is ever reprimanded his response is often to sit very still, ignore the words being spouted at him, and continue whatever it was he was being reprimanded for as soon as his accuser is gone.
X
Ryona NoelName: Ashleigh Torres
Faction: The Free
Description: Ashleigh is 19 years old, and one of the more grotesque looking of the Free. At 6 feet tall, she has a demanding presence, but it is in height and not build. She is lanky, with little curvature, like a snake. Also like a snake are her enlarged canines and tongue. She has dark blue skin, gold eyes and black hair that shines with many colors, such as blue, green, red, and gold, when shown in the light. It is left long, with no layers. She is wild and lustful; her hatred focused on whatever is annoying her at the time. She has no idea that her sister is a part of the Open.

Name: Abigail Torres
Faction: The Open
Description: Abigail is 26 year old who was raised by parents who were the Free. Somewhere in her family was a recessive personality which drove her to become a part of the Open, though her family could never know. Most of her family gone, she resides with her sister, wherever she goes, watching over her as the only precious family she has left. Though her sister is a part of the Free, Abigail still loves her and protects her.
In order to survive among the Free, Abigail adapted some free-like traits. She is tall, like Ashleigh, but a few inches less, and with much more curvature which she hides under restrictive clothing covered with baggy overclothes. Her skin has a lighter blue tone with fangs that are slightly elongated. Her eyes are a gold-ish green and her hair is black, which she keeps crop short in order to preserve the ambiguous gender she is trying to portray.
X
CypherName: Weyland Briggs-Landon
Description:If there has ever been a poster-boy for the effects of The Order on its people, Order soldier Weyland Briggs-Landon is probably it. Weyland's face hasn't entirely succumbed to the effects of the Order's body-manipulating energies, but the effects are still pronounced. Weyland's facial features are frozen in a cold, blank, uncaring mask. Although he can still speak, blink, and move his jaw, every nonessential muscle on his face has been frozen. His eyes are a dull no-color, such as the faded paint on a once-grey house, as is his hair. This stern face and colorless head seem to betray the appearance of an elderly man, entering his seventies or eighties - yet Weyland isn't a day over twenty-five. He stands at a rounded, even six feet (6') tall and weighs at a rounded-off 160 pounds - a side effect of the evening nature of the Order's manipulation.

He is eternally dressed in an alternate version of the Order's uniform - a gray hat with white piping and a silver pin with the Order's emblem emblazoned on it, a gray trench-coat with white piping and the Order's emblem on the lapel, a white button shirt, brown equipment belt, grey pants and black boots. His face is adorned with black goggles (similar to welder's goggles) and a breathing mask. A standard-issue Order rifle is slung over his shoulder, with a simple Order revolver on one hip and an Order sword on the opposite.

His personality is a reflection of his outward appearance - cold and detatched. When he speaks at all, it is an emotionless, dull monotone. His only purpose in life is to uphold the Order at all costs, and this comes across in his speech as well - he seems to have been mentally enslaved to the Order, a pawn on a much larger chessboard than himself. His faith in the order is unquestioning and unshakeable, and he is not afraid to kill, abuse, burn or loot whatever he is told to do.
Weyland
Bird of Hermes Name: Ruuah
Personality: Ruuah has chosen to "go back to her roots" and live a nomadic existence to better attune herself to The Free. She reveres nature as the primal embodiment of The Free on Earth. She believes that instinct is the most important thing in life and one should never suppress it.
Psychosis OOC (Open) Ruuah10
quakernutsName: PFC Michael ‘Mike’ Veran

Description: Mike stands at an average 5’9, with a wiry muscular frame. A couple of scars run the lengths of his arms, but nothing really noticeable unless you’re looking for them. Mike is neither handsome nor ugly, he is somewhere in that twilight zone. He appears stern and uncompromising, but that doesn’t last past his face. When he speaks, it is often with compassion or understanding. However, few people are able to witness him talk like this since he is always in the presence of other Order soldiers, and must keep his identity a secret from them. He often wears the armor of the order, a black jumpsuit of armor, along with a faceless helmet that allows him to hide his emotions when necessary. Few people of the order have seen his face, and that is only because they ordered him to do it. His hair is currently black, and his eyes brown, but he has spent so much time with these colors he can no longer remember what his original hair and eye colors were.

Mike is only 23, and is too young to have known anything other than war. He was brought up on a family of the Order, but did not see any reasoning in their ways. They simply wished to dominate with no care to personality or individuality. He also did not care for the Free, as they simply let emotions control what they did, and slaughtered with an uncontrollable hatred. This led Mike to the way of the Open, but had to keep his identity secret from everyone, including his family. If they knew, they would do horrible things to him to try and make him talk about where the Open really was. He didn’t know, nor did he want to know. Only when the Open decided to show its face would he rise up and fight along with it.

In the presence of Order soldiers and citizens, his attitude is that of perfection. He never argues with a superior, follows orders to a T, and never loses his temper. Once out of range though, he shows compassion, understanding, and sadness for a world so lost to the ravages of war. Mike has become known across his unit for having an almost endless amount of stamina. While his strength is simply average for a soldier, he can keep going long after everyone has passed out from exhaustion. Apart from this though, everything else is simply average about him. He doesn’t want to draw too much attention to himself; lest he accidentally let on that he is a part of the Open.
X

Last edited by Kremlin on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 13 times in total
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Psychosis OOC (Open) Empty Re: Psychosis OOC (Open)

Post by Gadreille Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:15 pm

This may seem like an odd question but...how do the Order and the Free procreate? Or do they not? I'm just curious.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:48 pm

The actual entities themselves do not, they're just ageless manifestations. Although I suppose The Free and The Open could if they wanted to.

The warped humans still retain all their usual biological functions, if you meant the factions.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm sorry, I meant the factions. Since they were described as being ambiguous in gender or perhaps both, I wasn't sure if the reproductive system changed. I think I'm getting the beings confused with the faction though.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Yeah I thought that I might have been a little confusing, I was just adding on descriptions of the beings as physical characters while you replied. So hopefully that distinguishes them a little more as separate people.

The Free have an aesthetic as ambiguous gender, but I meant appearance wise. I'll clarify that in the description. I tend to get ahead of myself when describing a setting.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm interested. Where do I sign up?
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:11 pm

You're in the sign up area, actually Smile
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 pm

At some point I'll get a character profile up, then. And hopefully the juices'll flow soon. Either way, I'll get something here before the end of time.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Yea I'm going to wait until one of you post up your CS before I do mine, since I haven't decided on my character yet...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am

Alright, I'll throw mine out there then. The three manifestations already have their descriptions in the long version, and I doubt they'll be out and about. You guys take as long as you need to with your characters.
--------
Name: Master Sergeant Leopold Neville

Description: Leopold considers himself British despite his mother's french origin. Not that it mattered, countries and nationalities were slowly fading from memory under the watchful eye of The Order. He is in his late twenties, old enough to have a vague idea of what life was like before the divide of the three manifestations, but young enough to have not known any other life. Leopold is also noticeably short (not even breaking 5'7"), dark haired, and stoic. This, combined with his half french blood earned him the nickname "Napoleon", though he lacks the temper or desire for conquering. Leopold does not possess a right eye, not from any battle scars, but from the distorting energies of The Order being. The eye he does have is drained of color.
The best description of Leopold's personality could be "calmly vindictive." He shares the same eerie stillness as the manifestation, but when he goes after a "wrong-doer" he never lets up until they are caught or dead, and treats them like scum scraped of his boots regardless of the severity of their crimes.. He has also never admitted to being wrong, and if he is ever reprimanded his response is often to sit very still, ignore the words being spouted at him, and then continue whatever it was he was being reprimanded for as soon as his accuser is gone.

Last edited by Kremlin on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 am

I have a question: Can the pieces of the 'god' be put back together or is destruction of one or more of the parts the only way for peace to come about? What does the Open hope to do to end this war?

It seems the war would just go on forever until the Open is killed and one of the other factions systematically destroys the other.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 am

Yes they can be put back together.

The Ego mediates the Superego and Id, and The Open, being a manifest of the Ego, can reconcile the two (or control/dominate them, however it may turn out). Maybe I'll put something in about Ego, Superego, and Id mechanics.

Yes, the war would go on forever which is why each faction seeks to steal The Open's power, thus bringing imbalance and giving an advantage to one side of the psyche, and why they use human pawns - not to come into contact with each other.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 am

That sounds intriguing. I like the psychological touch this role-play is taking.

I think that I will try an agent of the Free.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 am

Exciting
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm

I've been thinking about my characters, and I thought about making a pair of sisters: the younger a part of the free, the older a part of the open.

Is there a way to explain how two siblings did not become a part of the same faction? If not, I will make them strangers.

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, for some reason FOG didn't let me know there were new posts here...Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm

That works fine. The description explains that individuals are drawn to a side by which part of their mind is most dominant - and just because your characters are sisters doesn't mean they have to think similarly.

Plus The Open mingle with the other two factions anyway, so there's no reason they even have to be separated, if that were to be the case.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Yea I want to have the Open sister residing with the Free, watching over her I guess. Will get them up tonight!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Name: Ashleigh Torres
Description: Ashleigh is 19 years old, and one of the more grotesque looking of the Free. At 6 feet tall, she has a demanding presence, but it is in height and not build. She is lanky, with little curvature, like a snake. Also like a snake are her enlarged canines and tongue. She has dark blue skin, gold eyes and black hair that shines with many colors, such as blue, green, red, and gold, when shown in the light. It is left long, with no layers. She is wild and lustful; her hatred focused on whatever is annoying her at the time. She has no idea that her sister is a part of the Open.

Name: Abigail Torres
Description: Abigail is 26 year old who was raised by parents who were the Free. Somewhere in her family was a recessive personality which drove her to become a part of the Open, though her family could never know. Most of her family gone, she resides with her sister, wherever she goes, watching over her as the only precious family she has left. Though her sister is a part of the Free, Abigail still loves her and protects her.
In order to survive among the Free, Abigail adapted some free-like traits. She is tall, like Ashleigh, but a few inches less, and with much more curvature which she hides under restrictive clothing covered with baggy overclothes. Her skin has a lighter blue tone with fangs that are slightly elongated. Her eyes are a gold-ish green and her hair is black, which she keeps crop short in order to preserve the ambiguous gender she is trying to portray.

So, I'm still trying to grasp the concepts here, but hopefully all of this works with what you have posted. If not, let me know.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 pm

This works perfectly, no problems.

If there's something that seems unclear let me know, since that means it's confusing for other people and I'll need to fix it.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm

It's not you, it's me! (LOL)

I have a lot rattling around in my brain so I have not memorized the details that you have given, I do my best to re-read it when I'm confused but sometimes little things pass me by.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Name: Ruuah
Description:
Psychosis OOC (Open) Ruuah10
Personality: Ruuah has chosen to "go back to her roots" and live a nomadic existence to better attune herself to The Free. She reveres nature as the primal embodiment of The Free on Earth. She believes that instinct is the most important thing in life and one should never suppress it.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Alright your character has been added.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Name: Weyland Briggs-Landon
Description:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/115583967/Helghast_3_by_CreatureBoy.jpg
If there has ever been a poster-boy for the effects of The Order on its people, Order soldier Weyland Briggs-Landon is probably it. Weyland's face hasn't entirely succumbed to the effects of the Order's body-manipulating energies, but the effects are still pronounced. Weyland's facial features are frozen in a cold, blank, uncaring mask. Although he can still speak, blink, and move his jaw, every nonessential muscle on his face has been frozen. His eyes are a dull no-color, such as the faded paint on a once-grey house, as is his hair. This stern face and colorless head seem to betray the appearance of an elderly man, entering his seventies or eighties - yet Weyland isn't a day over twenty-five. He stands at a rounded, even six feet (6') tall and weighs at a rounded-off 160 pounds - a side effect of the evening nature of the Order's manipulation.

He is eternally dressed in an alternate version of the Order's uniform - a gray hat with white piping and a silver pin with the Order's emblem emblazoned on it, a gray trench-coat with white piping and the Order's emblem on the lapel, a white button shirt, brown equipment belt, grey pants and black boots. His face is adorned with black goggles (similar to welder's goggles) and a breathing mask. A standard-issue Order rifle is slung over his shoulder, with a simple Order revolver on one hip and an Order sword on the opposite.

His personality is a reflection of his outward appearance - cold and detatched. When he speaks at all, it is an emotionless, dull monotone. His only purpose in life is to uphold the Order at all costs, and this comes across in his speech as well - he seems to have been mentally enslaved to the Order, a pawn on a much larger chessboard than himself. His faith in the order is unquestioning and unshakeable, and he is not afraid to kill, abuse, burn or loot whatever he is told to do.

(A/N: I've always wanted to play a complete brick in terms of personality. It gives me more motivation to develop him in different ways than personality-wise, seeing as his personality doesn't grow, diminish or change at all.)
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Lol, I'm glad one of the factions appealed to you, in that case.

I guess since all interested parties put up a character I'll make a IC. Though anyone else reading this is still welcome to join.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Okay IC is up.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow, y'all started off with a bang.

I've got to think about my post for a while. Would you suggest my characters be a part of the attacking group, or write about something elsewhere, or does it not matter? I don't want to post too distantly but if I'm already attacking then it's kind of a quick start.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, it's a well developed American city, so it's a big area and there aren't battles going on everywhere; and if The Free fight with more of a guerrilla warfare style they'll be hiding amongst civilians and not necessarily engaged in combat.

I'm not intending for some sort of prolonged battle sequence if that's what you're worried about, it's just a backdrop. Unless we want to go in that direction. I'm not possessive about the plot.

But since you are an opposing faction, distance seems like it could always be an issue. Leopold's not going to say put though, so...

I'll find a way to work with what you want to do.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Alright thanks. I think I'll have them hanging out somewhere in the suburbs then...close enough for eventual interaction but not so close as to start anything serious.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 am

Sorry if you're not getting much to work with, Hermes/Ryona.

I'm working my way over Razz
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 pm

It's ok. I already got some ideas from your last post Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next