FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"A World In Flames" Interest Check

3 posters

Go down

"A World In Flames" Interest Check Empty "A World In Flames" Interest Check

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 pm

A World In Flames Interest Check

This is an RP set in a world that I have created in a novel I am writing. The world is pretty much modern day earth. This is in a sense an apocalyptic RP, as it takes place during events of great turmoil for the world. A group of entities long sealed within an ancient magical prison have been freed through a fluke series of events. These 8 beings each with varying goals and powers are now free to once again roam the earth. The old gods have been freed and after 10,000 years they are not happy. In their being freed the 8 have stripped mankind of much of it's technological prowess, guns still work, but electrical motors, lights, appliances, all of these no longer work.

Some plot more plot information

Two weeks ago the world ended. The old order was swept away, but not by any force of man, simply through an accident of chance, or really two chances. For it was nothing but chance that the man who was to steal the treasures broke the seal, it was naught but chance that the anything was left after so long. But chance has a way of bending to those long denied. The old gods locked away by the work of thousands long ago have been freed.

The technology of man has been swept away and people riot in the streets. Gang lords have taken up arms against the government in many cities and there is open war in the streets of Washington. Communications are gone, vehicles are gone, of all man's technological achievements only the gun remains faithful. Magic long forgotten has begun to stir in the blood of certain individuals but they are fast disappearing by forces unknown.

In the chaos that has followed the purge, the actions of those who have been freed have largely been missed. But in the mere weeks since the purge the world has fallen apart. Some few can see what is coming though. They do not see it clearly but they have caught a glimpse and now they must act to save themselves and perhaps this World in Flames.

Now there are several groups/types of players I will be looking for

Type 1- The standard person. This is rather self explanatory. You can be any sort of person you want to be, from a rich multi millionaire to a poor homeless guy attempting to scrounge for his next meal.

Type 2 This second group is less self explanatory, These are the people who have magic begin to awaken in them. These people too can be from any walk of life but they are all bound by a common trait. They are the descendant of the mages who long ago bound the entities into the prison that held them until recently. They are also being hunted by what no one knows and most have no idea they are being hunted, with no way to communicate.

Type 3 There are several other character types that will be explained if there is interest.

If I can get some interest I will go into more detail and provide more character information. So what do people think?

Back to top Go down

"A World In Flames" Interest Check Empty Re: "A World In Flames" Interest Check

Post by Mitth Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Sounds like an interesting story; I'd join. But some questions: will the rping characters be trying to take down these malevolent entities? Or leading gangs to overthrow authority (and have factions opposing these gangs)? Or looking to kill these mage descendants? Banding together to survive? Or...?

I guess what I'm asking is what action/events you see for the rp.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:59 am

Or can we BE these elder gods? *giggles madly*
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 am

Sounds like early Shadowrun.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:27 am

lol Wow, I'm staying out of your way, EverMan. =D

Shadowrun? *unfamiliar* (Don't even think about pulling lmgtfy on meh... >.> <.< ^_^; )
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 am

Mitth wrote:Sounds like an interesting story; I'd join. But some questions: will the rping characters be trying to take down these malevolent entities? Or leading gangs to overthrow authority (and have factions opposing these gangs)? Or looking to kill these mage descendants? Banding together to survive? Or...?

I guess what I'm asking is what action/events you see for the rp.

Depends, at the beginning you likely won't know the entities exist so you would be trying to survive in the messed up world. You could have your character be a gang lord if you wanted to.

EverMan wrote:Or can we BE these elder gods? *giggles madly*

I had not planned to let people use the elder gods because they have at least in the beginning rather scripted roles.

buzzwulf wrote:Sounds like early Shadowrun.

I am unfamiliar with Shadowrun what is it?

@all- Glad to see some interest. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down