FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING} Empty Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Welcome to the OOC thread for Nightclub. I haven't started an IC thread yet, but I will soonishly. Here is where I plan to keep track of characters and plot developments, and also handle any questions or comments that anyone might have. I will also use this first post to make any important announcements regarding the RP, absences (either my own or the RPers'), and any other important information.

This post will be formatted as follows: any announcements that I feel need to be made (and any time I update the announcements, I'll post in the thread about it and refer you back up to this post), followed by separate links to the IC thread, character list, and plot development posts, and finally, a copypasta of the initial interest check thread post (essentially an intro and explanation of the RP, so that anyone interested can just stay in this thread, rather than running all over FOG to find things).

Like a Star @ heaven ANNOUNCEMENTS Like a Star @ heaven
Both the OOC and IC threads have been moved to casual. The links have been updated.

IC Thread
Cast and Crew
Plot Developments

Terran stared down at the tater tots on her tray, idly pushing them around with her fork. Her friend, Jordin, could tell by the way Terran pressed her lips together, that there was something on her mind, something she desperately wanted to share.

"Well?" Jordin prompted, reaching across the table and plucking a tater tot from her friend's tray. "Out with it."

Terran glanced up and, without saying a word, shook her head. There was something akin to fear in her gray eyes, Jordin noticed.

"What's wrong?" Jordin pressed.

"I can't ... I can't say," Terran replied, knitting her brows together.

"Oh, come on. Yes you can. We've been friends since, like, birth. You can tell me anything."

"Not ... not this," Terran protested. "I can't tell you this."

"Says who?"

Again, Terran pressed her lips together.

"You gonna die if you tell me?" Jordin asked, attempting to mask her concern with a carefree smile.

"Well ..."

"Well?"

Terran hesitated.

"I'm not ... sure." She continued to push her food around her tray. "I was just- she just said not to tell anyone."

"Who?"

" ... Lillith."

"Who?"

"The lady. In my dream." Terran shrugged. "She said I couldn't tell. She said I wouldn't wanna find out what happened to people who told secrets that didn't belong to them."

"A lady in your dream told you not to tell me? Tell me what? What you dreamed about?"

Again, Terran shook her head.

"I don't think it was a dream, Jordin. It didn't ... feel like a dream. It was ... so clear."

"What happened?"

"Nothing," Terran answered with a shrug. "We talked. Drank a little."

"Like ... alcohol?"

"Maybe?" There was a thoughtful pause. "It was a pretty cool place. I felt like the prettiest one there." A small smile finally touched Terran's lips. "But I- I probably shouldn't say anything else about it. I've probably already said too much."

Having succeeded at finally ending their conversation on Terran's bizarre dream, the two of them proceeded to discuss other things, like the next period's homework that both them had managed to skillfully avoid doing, and the rest of the day carried on as usual.

The next morning, every news station carried the same report: 17-year-old Terran Andrews had been found dead in her bedroom, her body split wide open from chin to pelvic bone, her insides smoldering as if fire had been set to them. Her mother, who hadn't ceased screaming, declined to comment.

There exists a nightclub that can only be visited in the night, through your dreams. A young woman whose appearance always seems to shift leads you there the first time, explains the rules, the most important of which is that you not tell any other soul of the place, and urges you to come back again the next night. She sends you off with a playful kiss on the cheek, or a light giggle, and always, always an enigmatic smile the makes her hard to refuse anything. And you go back. Night after night. Drawn in by the pulsing music that seems to control the bodies on the dancefloor as if they were nothing more than writhing puppets, by the attention of this mysterious and powerfully beautiful woman, and by the fact that in this place you have the physique and appearance you'd always dreamed of.

But what of those who lurk in the shadows at the nightclub? The ones who wait quietly by Lillith's side, just beyond the dancing bodies. The ones with scars that stretch from their chin straight down beneath their clothes. Their eyes are watching, sad, hungry.

They seem of no consequence in comparison to being, doing, and having whatever you want in the nightclub.

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 15 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING} Empty Re: Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 pm

This is where all characters will be added -- most of them are NPC-type characters that will be controlled by myself. Their purpose is more for steering the plot, so I don't want anyone to think I'm giving myself privileges or attempting to godmod. If you can keep track of your characters, I'll allow you to play more than one. Please only start off with no more than two.

Cast and Crew
Like a Star @ heaven Staff
Lillith - vitamin_kitten
Rhys - vitamin_kitten
Liam - vitamin_kitten
Kelsea - vitamin_kitten
Chill - vitamin_kitten
Marc - vitamin_kitten
Isabelle - vitamin_kitten
Like a Star @ heaven Patrons
Alys - vitamin_kitten
Mitchell - Cypher
Siegfried - Sheeple
Richard Johnson - Raptorman
Fiona - Ethereal

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 am; edited 11 times in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING} Empty Re: Nightclub OOC {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Post by Ethereal Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:27 pm

What's this? No character sheet needed? (oh right... it happens in dream world) never mind my questions then. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

This is where I will keep track of all the plot development stuff. I hope to be able to update it regularly. I'll try not to put boring stuff here like, "So and so met so and so and they had coffee." No one really cares. Maybe once a week, if activity is high in the RP, I'll do a summary of the RP so far.

Plot Developments
None yet
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

How are things progressing with Lilith and the Nightclub? Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Slowly~~ ^^; I've been working on an intro post for two days. My work schedule has been a pain, but I promise I will have the IC thread up tomorrow.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

No worries. It seems that lately everything has been going slow. Hehe take your time to sort things out.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I'm really planning on getting that thread up cuz I'm excited about this RP. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Okay, guys, the IC thread is finally up! I'm so sorry that it took me this long to get it up -- I worked on my intro post for three days, because I wanted to make sure I incorporated all of the details I felt were necessary to make things a smooth start for everyone. Now that it's up, everyone that I've already okayed to participate is free to post. I'll keep a look out for the names of characters and such to add them to the character list. Smile One thing that I ask is that you make your first post that's at the club (your first post doesn't have to have your character start at the club, but your first post featuring your character there) be your character's first or second visit. This detail is very important.

Any questions or comments, please PM me or ask here. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheeple Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 pm

So... no character sheets?
Just post away?

And can my character see/interact with Alys?
Sheeple
Sheeple
Mist
Mist

Male

http://vampirefreaks.com/xSHEEPLEx

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 am

No character sheets -- I think it's more fun and challenging to learn about people's characters as they're being developed. Smile And yeah, she can interact with Alys if you like.

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention a few other details for the RP. I'm about to add them to the announcements.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm

I certainly hope my introductory post is acceptable. If it's not, I'd be glad to retool it, just to a regular patron or somesuch.

If you don't need me to retool it, just list my character under "Mysterious Man", "Cloaked Man", "Mysterious Cloaked Man", or just "???".
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah, I sent you a PM about your character (I sent it before I read this post just now). I would like everyone to start off as just regular people for the time being, so I'll give you time to revamp your post. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm

I would like to join.

However I have a question, does normal mean they have to be just average Joe off the street? Or can they be more interesting then said average joe character?

Also do they have to have just arrived for the first time that night?

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

They can be slightly more interesting than average Joe -- giving them colorful histories does make things more fun, but they do have to be human, and this does have to be either their first or second time there. Once everyone has had a chance to get an intro post in and "wakes up" you'll see why. ^^; I can't explain too much without giving away some other fun stuff. Smile

Last edited by vitamin_kitten on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 pm

I will post then. Enjoy meeting one of my very few purely human characters.

He is odd, but he is still human, just rather weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Haha, I look forward to it. Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Alright. Character edited. Oddly, I felt rather sad to see "Cloaked Man" go. He was probably the most successful I've ever been at creating a mysterious character in one post.

Ah well, no need for me to go about sulking; let's get on with the roleplay!
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, there may be opportunity to in the future of the RP to have a mysterious character. It really depends on the rest of its course. I've only ever gotten so far with this one, and it would be cool to give others the opportunity to surprise me with this one. Smile I appreciate the edit though, and sorry to have you change a character you were so proud of. Sad
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

vitamin_kitten wrote:I appreciate the edit though, and sorry to have you change a character you were so proud of. Sad

Oh posh. If you do actually let us bring in mysterious characters (and even if you don't, and I find another RP that could work with a mystery man in the setting), I'll just have his outline up on my character compendium or something. So don't get all glum about it; it's just a character, after all! It may be deleted from the thread, but it's still in my memory; and that's what counts - for all intents and purposes, someone could wipe every trace of MTM's (Mysterious Trenchcoat Man) existance off the face of the earth, and as long as I remember him, I can rebuild - better, faster, stronger! (Or something like that |-_-;|)

~Cyph
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Haha, glad to see there's no hard feelings then. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

No, hard feelings only come if you start making fun of me; and from what I've seen so far this isn't the kind of community that makes fun of someone without an airtight, undefeatable, completely backed-up reason.

Anyways, let's begin the reconstruction process!
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah, we're all pretty friendly here. Smile

I'm working on a response post now, but it may be slow since I'm on at work. The rest of my posting throughout the night might be kind of slow as well, but hopefully it'll give other people a chance to jump in too.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

I can deal with that. Awaiting your response with bated breath.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:42 pm

I will be joining. Just probably after dinner, so give me a bit of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Will do, and I look forward to your intro post. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Now, I'm not entirely sure what time zones everyone's characters are in -- all that matters right now is that they're all asleep at the same time. At some point though, they will have to wake up, and that can be at any time you feel is appropriate (or fun or whatever -- I do like ripping characters out of a scene mid-sentence >D). At that point they'll continue on with their normal life. Sort of. You will all see what I mean. >3 One important thing to remember about the Club is that time moves differently in it. Hours spent in it may only be minutes in the waking world, or may be twice as long. It's never the same. I would advise people to be attentive to the times that others set throughout the course of the RP, especially if we're planning on being slightly accurate with time zones and such (of course, the easy way out is to stick everyone in the same time zone, but it's up to you guys).

Let me know if there are any questions. Smile
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 pm

I understand. Different timezones, but after a certain point people start waking up and the Club goes away for a bit (except not in memory). Time distorts in the club; so everyone remembers spending a different amount of time in the club.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vitamin_kitten Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Something like that. Smile It really is one of those things that can be open to interpretation. ^-^ But yeah.
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:46 am

Anyways, since it's late, I think I'm gonna pay a personal visit to the Nightclub and have a chat with the MTM.

G'nite y'all, see you tomorrow. With any luck I'll have a free day.

~Cyph
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next