FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
Bird of Hermes
Loki
Marionette
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 3 Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Do I need to go more in-depth with my abilities as well? I don't want anyone to be confused.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 3 Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm

*Shrug* It couldn't hurt, though I think it is mostly necessary for abilities that can manifest in a wide variety of ways. Most of Malik's abilities are a result of his species and have already been given boundaries and limitations within their descriptions.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Can you answer my question, so I know how to go about explaining the abilities?

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I was just about to, Hermes' post started a new page and I almost forgot to look back and check if you posted.

In answer, I have not seen it and a brief description would be helpful.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I tried to stay with the standard kitsune abilities. You just can't have a kitsune without fox-fire!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Tricksters have the ability to manipulate reality around them. They can create things simply by thinking about them, and anything they create they can uncreate. They however cannot cause things they did not create to vanish, and so cannot simply wish people or inconveniences gone.

Also regular magic does not work well on the tricksters or their creations. Depending on the situation and the particular attention a trickster is paying to a creation, attempts to damage or otherwise nullify the creation, via conventional magic often fail. Attempts to injure a trickster through use of spells that trace tricksters creations cause pain to the one who attempted it.

Mental communication on a large scale is not something tricksters do, but consider rayne attempted to enter hurt his mind, he was able to piggyback the message into the feedback effect.

Sythyss has the abilities of a trickster just with less scale than his father does, His father could make a whole town be trapped in an alternate reality, and his father had done that at one point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Can you delve a bit into limitations of a trickster? So far I am getting that he is immune to magic in all forms and can do whatever he wants with anything around him irregardless of the range, line of sight, or to a certain extent, scale.

Rayne's magic was more of an indirect "attack" that was a result of forcefully disrupting Sythyss' magical connection. I still cannot figure what makes your magic immune to other magic, can you try to put some sort of reasoning behind it?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm

I do agree. There has to be some restrictions. You can't have an all-powerful character.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I am going off what the trickster powers from the Supernatural show are.

Limitations, he doesn't really have major limitations such as your character does. I said what I was making at the beginning and no one objected.

As for the magical disruption. Tricksters do not use normal magic per se. The universe bends to their will, to an extent. Using regular magic to disrupt it is like using your bare hands to put out a fire. You can do it, but it will likely hurt you to do so. You can strike the creations themselves, but the unsummoning thing doesn't work well at all.

And as I said he can't simply make a person disappear, or turn into a chicken, or something weird like that. He is limited to creating and uncreating things that he first creates. Well aside from causing people to see weird stuff and things like that, he doesn't actively change living things unless he made them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I understand if you feel the need to power-up your character because you feel that you are going up against the rest of us, but I think it is unnecessary. I am willing to work with you to help get your character to ward off Abby, but not so much if you are going to throw something at her with each post you make. Plus, you are further reducing the abilities of your peers with that invulnerability thing, there needs to be some compromising there.

Feel free to plan OOC with me and I'd be more than happy to work something out; in fact, I prefer it. There is bound to be resentment if we continue with the attack, counter-attack, counter-counter-attack, etc. routine that would cause things to get out of hand. Instead, let's work on flushing out the characters a bit, then we can start throwing in drama and twists to develop plot rather than for the sake of it.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, I hadn't expected others to feel the need to negate my stuff like that.

I am not planning to god mod, but I don't want you saying that you can dispel his creations like this -snaps-

I also am not planning to do constant attacking. In fact eventually in the future he probably won't be trying to play malicious tricks anymore. But I had wanted to manage to have him do some talking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 pm

The 'immune to most magic' thing is what had me confused as you didn't mention it in your character sheet.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh, sorry. I had meant that trying to strike at him via his creations is difficult. You could throw a fire ball at him and it would burn him to death if it hit him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Is it possible for me to join this game without being too late in the running to catch up?
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Raptorman wrote:I am not planning to god mod, but I don't want you saying that you can dispel his creations like this -snaps-

Perhaps I crossed a line there, if so it was entirely because we were viewing different rules to magic and did not mean to undermine you character's abilities. I felt limited with the courses of action that I could take with something so blunt as having a spider land on Abby's head and saw the options of: squishing it, throwing it, or dispelling it; the latter seemed to fit more with the story and something so small would have taking some effort on Rayne's part, but not to the point of fatigue. Then again, I thought he was dealing with a conjured creature rather than something the universe bent around. The former would have been a matter of severing the connection between the master and creation, and I assumed it wouldn't have been a strong one given the scale. I have no idea how I could possibly compete against something that was the result of the universal manipulation... O_o
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Loki wrote:
Raptorman wrote:I am not planning to god mod, but I don't want you saying that you can dispel his creations like this -snaps-

Perhaps I crossed a line there, if so it was entirely because we were viewing different rules to magic and did not mean to undermine you character's abilities. I felt limited with the courses of action that I could take with something so blunt as having a spider land on Abby's head and saw the options of: squishing it, throwing it, or dispelling it; the latter seemed to fit more with the story and something so small would have taking some effort on Rayne's part, but not to the point of fatigue. Then again, I thought he was dealing with a conjured creature rather than something the universe bent around. The former would have been a matter of severing the connection between the master and creation, and I assumed it wouldn't have been a strong one given the scale. I have no idea how I could possibly compete against something that was the result of the universal manipulation... O_o

I understand completely. It happens Very Happy

And i made the mistake of assuming everyone understood how Sythyss stuff worked. Sorry about that one. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Let us come so some compromise with that then, so we can avoid any future strife.

First of all, are these things that Sythyss summons magical or real. By that, I mean once created, was the spider a genuine article or was it only in existence because Sythyss was constantly focusing his magic into it?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:24 pm

When he summons them they are real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm

*Twitch*

Sorry, that was the engineer in me screaming something about the conservation of matter and the laws of physics.

So, once summoned, he no longer maintains control of what he creates?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 pm

He still retains the ability to dismiss it with a thought. And it depends. If he was to create an intelligent being than he wouldn't have as much actual control over it. If it is a pile of rocks or a spider or something else without much brains then he would have control over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

What sort of strain does this put on the trickster? What sort of limitations does he have in terms of creation?

And how exactly would he control a pile of rocks... O_o
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Not sure on the rock thing. I was using it as a comparison to intelligence levels.

Depends on what he is doing. If he is doing big things than a lot of strain, little things not much. Big thing is like creating a vision that everyone in the school sees for a few minutes.

Little things, well you know what I mean by that right. Like the spider thing and a bit above that are little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Raptorman wrote:Depends on what he is doing. If he is doing big things than a lot of strain, little things not much. Big thing is like creating a vision that everyone in the school sees for a few minutes.

So you are saying that it takes effort to maintain the presence of what is created?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm

What I am saying is that he can only create so much and what he creates takes a toll on the total amount he can create.

So once he reaches a limit he can't make any more unless he lets some of it go. And actually maintaining control of a highly specific thing takes more of his focus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 pm

What is his limit? Present your answer either in pounds mass or kilograms.

Kidding. Razz

So since they are the real deal, magic will work on his summons, right? Like, if Malik did use his fire to scorch the spider, it would have died just like any other arachnid whereas Rayne's incantation shouldn't have worked since there is no link between Sythyss and the spider... Wait, but you would have been able to control the spider, so then there would have been a link... I don't know...

Since Sythyss is limited by how much he can create, there must be some sort of constant link between them. Since big objects require a lot of effort that can only be maintained for a short while, the same must also be true for smaller objects though on a much smaller scale, obviously. That would make it a magical conjuration... that is immune to magical attacks? O_o Unless the smaller objects are in a separate category that do not require the constant link, making them real... unless Sythyss is maintaining control over their actions, in which case they are real, but there is a link between them in the form of mind control... >_< Gah! But since he is limited in the amount of things he can create, and is able to alter the state of existence of only those things (with the small technicality of minor thing that he hasn't summoned) then there is always some sort of connection between them. If there is no link, then there is no magical protection for said items? Or is the protection only there for trying to harm Sythyss through his conjurations? Or are the items just magically immune in general, regardless of link or otherwise? *Twitch* Then what is stopping him from creating a full body suit of armor that is entirely clear, flexible, and indestructible that would allow him to take over the world since there is nothing that could harm him?! *Sigh* I'm putting too much thought into this...

Curse my over analytical mind! Mad
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

I am confused now Shocked

The protection is to trying to harm him through his creations, and trying to dispel them with magic.

If you had fire balled the spider it would have burnt up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Oh dear, it would seem that a disagreement has come up. I have read about the arguement and so far I need to apologize to raptor for not researching what his character does, sorry!
So how about this, we work out raptor's next plan here in the ooc so that no confusions ocur. As for the trickster's ability, either you have a connection with what you create and CAN get hurt when it does, or you can't control it at all. I'm going to have to say no on the telepethy, BUT yes on the backlash, as in trying to dispell said object with magic would effect the attacker, the weak point being that it can be destroyed physically. Ie the kitsune fire.

To shake things up, how about we also allow tricksters to 'break' things, like a pencil or machine etc. The more powerful the object the harder it would be to break, and no breaking living things.

Does this look like a possible compromise everyone? It can most curtainly be tweeked.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I don't think that he would be hurt if his creation was hurt.

I think if he was using an active control link he could be hurt through it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Works for me. I was planning on letting the feedback hurt Rayne anyways.

I'll be busy tonight, but plan on having another post up sometime tomorrow.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:37 pm

... So, would I be able to join as a magician? And could someone explain to me exactly what being a magician would mean I would have to look like? As in, would I still be able to be a human magician, or at least human looking?
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum