FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
Bird of Hermes
Loki
Marionette
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 2 Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Out of curiosity, is this still open? I have been reading post after post of character sheets and I'm just dazzled!
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 2 Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Just incase this is still open, I have prepared a character sheet. (If it is not open, I will not be offended at all if you decline my character. :])

Picture- Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 2 Brunette- Human Form
Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc - Page 2 Wolf - Wolf Form
Name: Emory Rask'vey.
Occupation: Assistant Manager (Manager being her mother) of the Town Florist, not only will we deliver your flowers, but we will help you grow them!
Race: Druidic-Werewolf Hybrid.
Abilities:
Wolf Transformation - She cannot control this. She is a werewolf after all.
Heightened Sense - When in such a wolf form, her abilities to smell, hear, and her strength are highly increased.
Ecological empathy - This is limited to the forests surrounding them only. The ability to sense the overall well-being and conditions of one's immediate environment and natural setting stemming from a psychic sensitivity to nature.
Animalistic Telepathy - Ability to read the thoughts of, or to mentally communicate with other animals.

Bio: Emory is the adopted daughter of the Mayor in this town. Being a werewolf himself, when he discovered that it was a trait Emory shared, he was more than touched by it in his heart and adopted her on the spot, even though she was a little older than the other kids. The bond between her father and herself is very tight-knit and loving. You could hardly guess they weren't blood related, other than their appearances. He is the reason Emory has such preparation for that part of her life.

Having quite the green thumb, taught of her foster mother, Emory has always excelled at gardening and the like. After school, she joined with her mother at their family owned shop in town, delivering flowers, managing supplies, and assisting people in learning to grow their own. She teaches privately as well as publicly at the shop. She also does well to do her part for the public as the Mayor's daughter.

Personality: Emory is loyal to the max, friendly and easily excited to meet people, but protective to those she holds dear - Much like a dog. Go figure.
Extras:- It's not a special ability, but she has a strong intuition, much like that of a dog, on if she trusts someone or not.

Last edited by Attie on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:42 pm

@ Hermes: What do you think about establishing a strong bond between Rayne and Malik before the RP takes place? I was thinking that he could be among the first to befriend Rayne since his incident. Malik's offer of friendship at a time when he found himself alone and depressed would be the type to make them inseparable companions. At least that is what I had running through my mind.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:20 pm

@ Hermes: What do you think about establishing a strong bond between Rayne and Malik before the RP takes place? I was thinking that he could be among the first to befriend Rayne since his incident. Malik's offer of friendship at a time when he found himself alone and depressed would be the type to make them inseparable companions. At least that is what I had running through my mind.

I think it is a great idea. Just PM me with any ideas you have.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 pm

anyone volunteer to have their character show Abby around?

If no one else wants the spot, I will be glad to have my character do it.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

You start guiding her around, and I will start pulling the tricks out.

Should be fun, I played a character like this one before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Marionette wrote:http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/casual-role-playing-f12/sanctuaire-estrange-never-accept-ordinary-ic-t2110.htm#48128

the IC is up, anyone volunteer to have their character show Abby around?
I'll volunteer with hermes if you want to try it in tandum. Rayne would be empathetic to her situation, is (mostly) human, and would have a friendly disposition. I'll try to get a post up this afternoon. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Initially I don't think it would be arranged that a trickster like a kitsune would show her around. But I love your character Hermes...xp
so rayne being assigned to her and Herme's character helping because he's friends with rayne would work out nicely. Yah, that works, ok let's start this!

And attie, werewolves are cursed individuals. I'm going to have to say your character needs to be an old school werewolf if she's going to go that direction. Keep in mind that the Mayor is also a werewolf, so she could be his adoptive daughter or something... Other than that by all means we' re still open for character submission. <3
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

You got it. I'll be his adopted daughter if you'd like. - And an old school werewolf!

(Good lord, I read through it and THOUGHT someone was a werewolf, but couldn't remember... Thanks for that!)

Edit: I didn't mention a father in Emory's CS, so if I leave everything for her mother in there, can I just say that she is the Mayor's wife, or do you have someone picked for that already made up?
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Ahhh this is finally starting. Smile It should be fun.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Edited, Marionette. Let me know if there's anything else I can change for you. ;]
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I have a question/idea. We're more or less going to play at the school, right? Who's going to play the teachers/authority figures?

Going off of that vein, what do you think about my character being a teacher's aide (or a teacher.... or a class tutor who'll write for the teacher as well) instead? Her age'll change, of course, and maybe a bit of the bio. (And, ah, which subject? )

I'd be fine with not changing the character or whatever too; just let me know.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm working on a post, but need to take a quick break for school purposes. I'll have it done in a few hours.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Oh my, if things are basically going to revolve around the school perimeter, then I better give my character a side job like teaching basic/intermediate electronics or something like that. LOL
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

lol I actually don't know.... That's why I was asking. ^_^;
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Exactly the reason why I said "if". Marionette better come online to clear things up for us non school related chars. Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm here I'm here!
And no, this doesn't have to revolve around school more or less we'll time skip over class. Well... What do you guys want to do?
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 pm

That so? Then I'm fine with just being the regular err... not so regular electronics shop owner. Unless there's a need for other roles. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Hmm, I'll just keep the profile as is then. =)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 pm

- Marionette, welcome back! - Did you get a chance to see the revised CS and let me know a thumbs up or down? ;]
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm

So who's up for a character relations with Rigald the Doppelganger? Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Posted.

@ Hermes: I did my best to minimize the amount of control I utilized over Malik as they were on school grounds; I hope I didn't cross into God Modding territory. If there is anything you would like me to change, just let me know.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 pm

@ Hermes: I did my best to minimize the amount of control I utilized over Malik as they were on school grounds; I hope I didn't cross into God Modding territory. If there is anything you would like me to change, just let me know.

I am preoccupied at the moment, but as soon as I am free I will read it.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Attie, you are accepted, feel free to post whenever. <3
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I am writing up a post now. It will be separated into a few parts since I have multiple things to respond to now. I should have gotten a post up yesterday.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:31 pm

So you know, I'm going to be out of town this weekend (actually starting within the hour). If need be Hermes or Marionette may take control of Rayne in order to keep the story progressing in my absence.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Loki, did Rayne just perform that magic in front of Abby? I thought we were supposed to hide it from her?

Edit: Oh, well I guess he did whisper it. My bad.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Dang, why is it so hard for me to pull off getting her alone. Urgh Mad

That is a joke, Though events seem to be conspiring against the Trikster here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Before we start slinging around all sorts of magic, I think we should set up some boundaries for the various forms of magic. I know the whole 'physics' behind magic is a very abstract and opinionated thing, but such a discussion would help put limits on what is getting cast around. That and I have some very serious reservations behind the "magic can do anything just because" type of thinking.

I'm having Rayne's magical abilities be rooted with the laws of magic that is used in the Dresden Files. Evocation (what you typically think of with magic involving magic words and the like) utilizes raw emotions to give the spell fuel and willpower to shape it into the desired form before being released. Such magic is typically quick, dirty, tiring, and anything but delicate; basically placing power before control.

Thaumaturgy is the utilization of ritual magic to effect something on a larger scale by performing it on a smaller scale and creating some sort of link between them. A good example of this would be voodoo dolls. Links come in many different forms, commonly it is blood or hair for living beings and a small sample (i.e. paint chip or a bolt that was a part of the whole) for inanimate objects.

Both forms of magic will fail if the user doesn't completely believe in what they are doing, either due to personal morals or doubts.

I can go into this a lot more thoroughly if you'd like, but I think it is something that should be discussed.

@ Raptorman: At the very least, I need to know how your trickster magic works because right now it seems to be falling under the baseless "because it's magic" category.

Rayne's feedback incantation disrupted the magic binding the conjured creature into existence then sending an energy spike through the magical link between it and your character. That is assuming you did, in fact summon that creature into existence rather than teleport it from somewhere, though it didn't sound like it was the latter. Although I believe that there is no real connection that Sythyss could utilize to bounce it back to Rayne, I'm willing to negotiate with you on it. I'll be content with the counter under a few conditions:

1) It requires significantly more effort on Sythyss' behalf since the link was severely weakened by the time the spike reached him and because Rayne had only the slightest connection to it. Imagine the counter in par with sending a surge of water down a large pipe with dozens of holes in it to try to get water to flow through a small branch somewhere along the line; it would require a lot of water pressure in the main pipe to get any significant pressure to the small branch.

2) No telepathic threat unless your character is naturally telepathic. Doing so through magical means, at least in my mind, would require establishing a direct link to the other person through some sort of connector (i.e. blood, hair, etc.) Even if you have done that, you would be on their home turf; even a vanilla human's mind would resist the presence of another, making things difficult. Doing so with a fellow magic user would require significantly more effort since they likely have the means and willpower to effectively defend against such an attack.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Before we get into a large discussion on the nature of magic can you answer question for me.

Have you watched the TV Show Supernatural?

Because if you have, explaining the Trickster magic is much easier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum