FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
Bird of Hermes
Loki
Marionette
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Empty Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc ColorSpashCity
Technology and fairytales, two separate worlds, universes even. The two don’t coexist, one is not told in a story with the presence of another. Humans use technology and fairytales use whatever magical things they can use, and that’s how it stays in storybooks, but what about the poor fairytales? What about the poor fairies for that matter, they’d LOVE to have an ipod and I’m sure werewolves would love to use Cox cable, and ghosts would enjoy being able to serf the Internet. Vampire girls would love a chance to go out for the cheer squad and so on.

Well in a small town in Canada called Sanctuaire Éstrange, they do just that, young myths, fairytales and ghouls get to grow up and use all that cool human stuff. The town looks normal and even ordinary on the outside, but it's one big mythical sanctuary on the inside! They just have to make sure they keep their secret from those nosey humans.

Enter the lives of three teenagers, not immortal or magical ones, just human teenagers, with unusual human problems. Their mother is psychotic bipolar, and their father is a violent alcoholic. For James, Duke and little Abby, things have been going pretty crappy. James has little to no chance of being a successful as an adult, it’s difficult to move up in a job since he moved out the moment he turned eighteen, and he can’t stop worrying about how his younger siblings are doing. They aren’t doing to well by the way. Duke is becoming more of a juvenile delinquent and has been expelled from school, he tries to protect Abby but he never seems to be around when their father beats her, what will he do with his life? Abby, poor Abby is a small, quiet girl who is a smart student; she stays in school and tries to stick to the rules, but no congratulations await her at home, only endless nights of screaming and beatings.

These teens are given a new life one day when Abby ends up in the hospital and James gets fed up with the parents he shunned. James takes his younger brother and sister in a minivan and they drive out as far as they can, ending up in Canada, in a town called Sanctuaire Éstrange. James runs out of gas and goes to the police station, where he is greeted like they were expecting him (weird...). He tells them about his situation and asks them to take Duke and Abby so that he can sort things out back home. Abby is transported to the town’s medical center without any questions asked and Duke is taken to a place to stay. The whole town looks like one of those cheery cheesy towns you see on TV, which is not a bad thing, the people are very nice.

Abby and Duke are enrolled in the local high school, Éstrange High. Little do they know that the whole town is filled with nothing but mythical beings and creatures. And the townspeople intent to keep them ignorent, lest they expose them. Some are for the humans staying, some are against it. But it’s the Mayor of Sanctuaire Éstrange that decides the matter, he’s a rather compassionate Werewolf, is completely for them staying. Their story broke his big heart. Besides, it would be good for the high schoolers to practice hiding their supernatural….ness. All he needs to do is have a couple of students show the two young ones around town and keep them from finding anything out.

Abby and Duke are kept in the hospital as the whole town is informed in one day. Preparations and lectures are given. The whole town must keep their secret, but with so many mischievous high school mythical teens, how are they to do that?

Never accept ordinary. Since extraordinary is so much cooler!

Clearifying some details:
Ok, so the town has a radar at the police station that tracks humans and how far away they are from town, they keep humans out usually by not having any hotels and not having any houses availiable, if people need to go through, which due to the geographical location of the town they don't often do(it's more off to the side, in a woodsy area), they don't stop. All of the houses have a warning meter as well, one that activates when the police station switches on the silent alarm for the town. This is all magical equipment, and is run by a magician or a wizard at all times. Speaking of technology, the town uses regular technology you would find in the states, ipods, computers, cars, and guitars, etc. The high school is accepting the two younger siblings so that the high schoolers can practice, but some kids are kinda pissed that they can't use thier supernatural abilities so out in the open anymore. But all in all they are all more fascinated with the humans, and are curious.

Character sign-up:

picture- anime-ish prefferably, but run anything you have in mind by me. Be very vain when picking out your pictures for mythical beings, they must have a humanoid form that they can turn into if your character looks inhuman. The humans are more plain but the mythical beings are like, super beautiful and stuff, so again I express that you MUST be vain when picking a picture. Unless you are playing Duke.
name- make them odd creative ones, you are mythical after all
age- the age you look at least
occupation- like if you have a job or you're just in high school
race- what you are and your abilities, have fun with this
bio-
personality- don't spend too much time on this, I hate filling out personalities since mine seem to change whenever I actually play the character
extras- anything you missed

Character ideas:
come on in, ask me any questions, comments are always welcome. Below are some ideas for your mythical character/human, if you can think of something else, cool. Basically get creative and have fun! I need a Duke, but I'll be playing Abby.

Wizard
Werewolf
Vampire
Guardian Angel
Puppet/Doll
Ghost
Magician
Demon
Siren
Elf
Kitsune
Grim Reaper
Duke/human
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Loki Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Count me in! I'll work on a cs this afternoon.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Empty Re: Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Quite possibly in. It looks interesting. Expect some sort of supernatural creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I am interested in playing a kitsune.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm thinking about playing a sorcerer who, through a magical mishap, has turned himself into a sort of neko. I figured that would make things more interesting by having the character go out of his way to hide unusual physical attributes.

Any objections to this idea?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm thinking about playing a sorcerer who, through a magical mishap, has turned himself into a sort of neko. I figured that would make things more interesting by having the character go out of his way to hide unusual physical attributes.

Any objections to this idea?

Sounds like your character will have fun with my kitsune.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 pm

I sure hope so, I'm always interested in establishing an idea of character interactions before the RP actually begins. Very Happy
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm

I am thinking to perhaps use a strait out shape shifter.

The other one I consider is a trickster who isn't so friendly towards humans in general. And by trickster I mean the breed of trickster from Supernatural. the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I sure hope so, I'm always interested in establishing an idea of character interactions before the RP actually begins.

I haven't decided on whether I will have a male or female character. I have pictures for both.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I have my character sheet completed.

Let me know what you think. Aww
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:34 pm

He makes me want to scratch him behind the ears! so cute...

ok fangirl moment over, he is totally accepted. Although I should tell you, my sister is going to be making a fortune telling cat who can talk and is the town doctor. So I think the both of you should have fun ^_^

that's it for cat people though, no one else is allowed to make another cat character. Find some other race, shouldn't be too difficult.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Raptorman, go for it, sounds cool!
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Not fully sure I'll partake in this quite yet, but I have an idea for a character I wouldn't mind running by you just in case, Marionette. Would you mind if I pm'd you to discuss it?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Q8-1

Name- Abby Cantarella
Age- 16, going on 17 in a month
Occupation- she’s looking for a side job, perhaps at the town bakery? but anyway, she's a junior in high school
Race- human
Bio- She was born by total accident, and small, that’s where her troubles begin. When Abby was born things at home were already turning from bad to worse, and her parents would not tolerate any crying, she was silenced with smacks. Her older brother James would try to hide her and keep her from crying as much as he could, but he couldn’t keep watch over her all of time, he had school. As Abby became older she was made to do house work, and was an efficient cleaner by the age of six. Her mother started showing some symptoms of a bipolar disorder, one minute she was a numb housewife that barely spoke, the next she was a furious nazi bent on destroying anything she could get her hands on, including Duke, and mostly Abby. Abby was called plenty of things like whore and bitch, but Abby always tried to do what she always did, keep her head down and stay silent. In school Abby only made a few friends, and even then she wasn’t very close to them, she always hid her bruises and didn’t want anyone to find out, her mother had warned her about that after all. If anyone found out, Abby would be in trouble.

At around age 13, James moved out and left, this made Abby sad, James could seem to calm mom down sometimes, and he always protected Abby when he was there. Abby was very close to both her brothers, they were like her inmates, and there home was the prison. James checked up on Duke and Abby often, but he could never seem to get any complaint of mistreatment from either of them. They didn’t want him to worry; they wanted him to succeed in making a life for himself.

Not to long after that, her father began beating the crap out of her, she looked like her mother more and more each day, and he began mistaking her for her mother. She would stay in a park and hide when she looked to bad to go to school; she was still under the impression that something bad would happen if she went to anyone for help. In High school Abby proved to be a very smart student, she got straight A’s and showed much aptitude and promise in several art electives, her favorite being playing the piano and singing. She had small hands, but they were swift, and hit each key with delight.

One day upon arriving from school, father was home early, he had gotten fired from his job, and pulled Abby in the moment she got inside, her mother was on the floor bleeding, and father was furious. He proceeded to beat her up pretty bad, and soon enough she was trying to crawl away, afraid he might kill her this time. Duke came to her rescue and pulled her away from father, throwing something at him to stall him. Abby lost consciousness, but apparently Duke got to a payphone and called James, James picked them up and took Abby to a hospital. And when she was stable enough all three stole away to Canada. The rest you already know, and is yet to be told.

Personality- Abby is very quiet, and only speaks when spoken too, you might mind that when she does speak, it's something very intelligent and gramatically correct. She is shy and doesn't have much of a backbone when it comes to her own issues, but if you dare mess with her brothers, she becomes very brave and fearless. Abby also tinkers on the edge of suicidal, she's thought about it in the past, and lately it has been a very seductive thought. Lately her actions have been careless and reckless with her life. Sometimes resolving to self mutilation.

On her bright side, when she smiles it is radient, and when she laughs it is like bells. If only she could be like that more often, on a good day she is cheery and even cleverly joking. Over all Abby is very sweet.

Extras- She plays the piano, and can sing well. she is also only 5'1", but has a mature mind. Her observation skills are very high.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 pm

not at all spirit, pm away!
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Say, can I play as a Doppelganger? Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc 02f56c5e1
Name- Solomun Grundy
age- 550

occupation- Doctor/ Second in command to Mayor/ Abby's and Duke's guardian

race- was a wizard, is a dog now, permanently

bio- Chosen to be a wizard at a young age, as all wizards are, Solomon was granted with a long life. That is because it takes at least one hundred years to learn proper wizarding magic, or I should say to gain proper wizarding magic. He was taken from an orphanage, boo hoo so sad, no, not sad, he got to become a wizard remember…jeez.

Anywho, Solomon was taken in by a wizard known as the one and only, yes you guessed it, Merlin. You might be wondering what in Merlin’s beard is Merlin still doing alive, but he only stopped using Magic, he didn’t die, just stopped calling himself Merlin and stopped giving enchanted swords to stupid Kings that he tried to raise. I’m getting off topic, back to Solomon. Ok, so Solomon was taken in because Merlin felt it was his duty to at least give a successor to his knowledge, hopefully they would use it wisely. Solomon did his best to do so, and Merlin died peacefully of old old old old old age.

Gathering the ability to use magic meant you traveled around quite a bit, and Solomon knew a great deal of things, he also knew a great deal of people, both human and otherwise. He traveled back to his favorite places, hoping to do some good, and he did, for a very long time. Slowly humanity started to morph him, he saw what kind of horrors that people were capable of, it made him rather bitter and blunt, and the fact that he could always do good made him gloomier. Until one day he met a werewolf with a dream, can you guess whom? No, well hold tight.

This werewolf had seen many supernatural beings and creatures shunned over the years, and he himself had been shunned by his wife and children, the man had a big heart that was broken. He told the man of his dream, his dream that he could make a sanctuary for these beings, and welcome them all to a home. Solomon thought this dream was rather innocent and kind, but naive and probably not possible. Nonetheless, the two became fast friends, and Solomon helped the werewolf try to create this utopia for mythical beings. About ten years later, they got most of the town built, with the help of some recruits that were going to ultimately live in the town too.

Together Solomon and the werewolf made the town into something beautiful, and after it was finished, Solomon went out himself to spread the word of this homely place. If you still can’t tell who the werewolf is, then smack yourself, because it’s pretty obvious….he’s the mayor! Gasp...

Somewhere in Transylvania Solomon met the love of his life; this was around twenty years back from now. The two fell in love quickly and he took her to his home in Mtown. Together they had a girl named Tanya, but his happiness was torn from him when he performed a piece of magic, and it went awry. To this day he doesn’t know who booby-trapped his spell cauldron, but he has since then turned himself into a dog and sworn off magic. He works at the hospital as a doctor, being very old he learned a thing or two, or a million….

Personality- Blunt and a bit harsh, but kind at heart and true in spirit. He mourns the loss of his wife and child.

Extras- Solomon has sworn off of practicing Magic.
Dogs are wards against Magic (thats why witches always have cats, cats .amplify magic), so turning himself into a dog was more of symbolism than anything. He can turn back into a human if he so wishes, but he never will
He can talk.
He is the Mayor's closest friend.

And Duke and Abby are going to live in his home, since it looks very new and unlived in.

Last edited by Marionette on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Sure ethereal!
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Right, I'll get to work on a profile now.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm

phew! I have my characters done and ready, I scrapped the fortune telling cat since skittle bailed on playing him, so I made a dog that could be the co-mayor and sorta speak on his behalf, Solomon basically runs things while the mayor makes the big decisions.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I need a Duke....
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Can I write a description instead of submitting a picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 am

Appearance:
Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Cd8a8a6464
Name: Malik Fyre
Race: Kitsune
Abilities:
Fox-fire - The staple ability of kitsunes; a magical fire that can be conjured and controlled at will.
Illusion - Kitsunes are infamous for their ability to disguise themselves as other beings, especially humans. Yokai excel in illusionary magic.
Teleportation - A kitsune can teleport to any location it can see, leaving behind a puff of smoke.
Levitation - Kitsunes can levitate off the ground.
Invisibility - Can render self invisible to the eye.
Biography: Malik’s mother is a kitsune enchantress and his father died shortly after he was conceived. Malik’s mother moved her son to Sanctuaire Éstrange when he was just a kit and it is the only world Malik has ever known. Some people say his father was a human, others say that he was a foolish fox who died playing a prank; whichever it is, his mother refuses to talk about it.
Personality: Malik is a trickster at heart like all of his kind. He is an opportunist and borderlines on kleptomania. Everything is in jest, of course. Malik has trouble taking matters seriously. That is, unless you talk down upon his father. Malik’s voice is always playful and hides any ill feelings. Malik's transformations are not always perfect. His two tails often stay with his forms. When angry, his fangs may show and, when playful, his ears tend to pop out.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

Here's my character. Lemme know if anything needs to be changed.

Spoiler:
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 am

Both are accepted
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am

Oh yah, and Raptorman, since your character is a shapeshifter than its ok to have a description rather than finding a picture every time he changes shape. So description is fine.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 pm

How's the following?

picture-
Sanctuaire Éstrange- {Never accept ordinary} ooc Ami500
name- Amitiel, "Ami"
age- appears in her late-teens
gender- female
occupation- student
race- harpy: manipulation of wind with wings, singing voice, flight, speed, agility...and all things birdie.
bio- Hatched to an aristocratic pair, Ami was expected to behave especially prim and proper, adhering to the strictest standards for good form. Her curiosity and free-spirit, however, constantly landed her in trouble, driving her parents to their wits’ end. Having enough of the unruly fledgling, they arranged for her to pay the neighboring witch doctor a visit one winter’s day. The elderly mage, a family practitioner, had been informed of the problem and had a correctional enchantment prepared for the troublesome child. It was this: give her a human form and put her in ruthless human preschool. It apparently worked.
personality- reserved, quiet, inquisitive, thoughtful, timid, helpful, sometimes mischievous

Last edited by Mitth on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 am

picture- His appearance varies greatly considering he can shape-shift to mimic other humanoids. His default form the one he was born with is about 5'9 tall. His face is pale and completely blank looking more similar to a mask than a truly expressive face when he is in his natural form, the rest of him looks almost like a mannequin, flawless featureless skin. He can shift his clothing as well as his body and so his clothes switch forms with him. In his natural form he sunburns easily and so has adopted the custom of wearing very heavy black robes to keep form burning himself. When he takes another's form he takes it perfectly. He normally keeps his default form but given the arrival of the humans he is being forced to use a more humanoid one.

name- Sythyss Iloreliel
age- What he looks like can vary though his actual age is 17
occupation- Highschool student
race- Trickster/Shapeshifter
Sythyss is the son of a trickster and a shapeshifter and he has inherited some of the abilities of each parent.

Sythyss is capable of shapeshifting himself into a humanoid of nearly any appearance. His restrictions in shifting include being unable to shift into something that is not humanoid and that he is unable to shift into anything that is not male.

His other ability is his trickster inheritance. Tricksters have the ability to manipulate reality around them. They can create things simply by thinking about them, and anything they create they can uncreate. Needless to say they can't simply make established things vanish. He is capable of doing this as well, just on a far smaller scale than his father is capable of.

bio- Sythyss is the son of a shapeshifter and a trickster. He was born in the town and has been raised in the town. Though both parents plan to move along eventually, they feel that he should be given the chance to interact with other supernaturals for a while before they actually go out into the world. So far this plan seems to have been a success.

Now though with humans come to their town they attempted to convince the mayor to kick the humans out upon arrival and when that failed, they instructed their son to do what he did best and play tricks on the humans. He plans to do as they say with a will and the resulting fireworks should be interesting.

personality- Sythyss loves a good joke and he particularily is looking forward to playing tricks on the humans who have arrived. His unique heritage makes him very well suited for that task and as humans can't figure out what is going on nearly as well as other supernaturals, he looks to have a good time.
extras-

Last edited by Raptorman on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 am

Both accepted!

Alrighty, looks like we can go ahead and start. Since I don't have a Duke though, lets just pretend he's stuck in juvenille detention for attacking his father, James is trying to work things out, and Abby is safely hidden in this unknown to many town.

It would be nice if I had a Duke, but I guess I can work around it for now. Oh by the way raptorman, I like that your character is against the presence of the human! Should make things fun and interesting. <3

I'll go make the starting post and have it up tomorrow at the latest.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum