FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
Shadow Moonseye
Buzzwulf
Hello Danger
Caleb
Gabe
Sighlent
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Carrion
Dax
ImmortalSin
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
18 posters

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 18 Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm

A question, is the information I added and the map I posted going to be added to the information Thread soon?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Honestly, it may take a couple of days. We are sharing a computer and I have to do a research assignment as well as an online exam today. I can pop on for small things, but adding all of this information takes time that we just don't have right now.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

I believe the Warrior-Bards of Fermata would come to this as well, to provide news from the south as well as to sing, trade, and entertain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm

That was my final character sheet, by the way Very Happy
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Gunneh2113 wrote:
Allies: The Light Plane, Aendrel, Taulë Arda, Vatienne, Fermata

Gunneh, it's actually Taurë Arda. I commend you on including the accent marks above the "e," but a good way to remember "Taurë" is that it literally means "forest," and forests contain trees. Trees contain both a "t" and an "r." I don't know if that will really help, but I figured it could be a good way to remember, right?

Ryona, that sounds good to me. Because your world-space is on the other side of Taurë Arda, it may be simplest to have the Sorceresses travel by main road to Nolwë Osto to meet the Quendi guides of Forya that will take them to the Harvest Festival in Aom of the Stretin Providences.

I think that's actually what would happen with others who have to move through Taurë Arda to get there. Of course, if they were late and missed their guides, they'd have to take the long way which would mean taking one of the four main roads. They cross Taurë Arda like an X, soooo yeah.

Elric, that would be plausible.

It's also fine if it's just individuals and not large groups from any given nation that want to go to the festival, for individuals tend to have different preferences and ideas. It would be pretty cool.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

A question does anyone else have a nation that could be enlisted to evil?

Like a truly mercenary nation?

Or even have a small group who would side with evil?

Back to top Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 18 Empty Bhuta Huile!

Post by IRLGoat Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Username: IRLGoat
Character Name: Bhuta 'Bhu' Huile
Species/Race: Human
Physical Description: Bhuta has an otherworldly air around her, as if she is barely of the Material Plane. Her body is long and delicate; standing at 5'2" and weighting in at approximately 115lbs, she seems almost faerie-like. Her torso is long and her breasts average. Her complexion is tanned from her enjoyment of the sun. Bhu's natural red hair is often pulled to the right in a side-ponytail, tumbling to her elbow. Her features are small and pixie-like; dark eyebrows, round light mauve eyes, a pronounced, yet feminine nose and thin, curled lips. She has several well-placed beauty marks along the left side of her face and under her left eye. Faint markings of what look like scarification cover Bhu's arms, neck, chest and back. Weaving patterns that show her connection to the Spirit Plane.

The fiery girl favors noisy jewelry; bangles, copious sets of earrings, anklets and necklaces. She wears a leather tight-fit strapless corset-of-sorts with ornate designs in gold and silver. She hides her tight leather pants under folds of countless scarves tied or strapped around her waist. Hiding amongst them are pouches and perhaps a dagger or two. Although she prefers not to wear shoes, Bhu carries a pair of plain leather shoes for more rough terrain. A deep cream cloak with chocolate brown designs flows down over her shoulders and down a tad passed her knees. The clasp is gold with a shining pearl accent.
Character Bio: Planeswalkers are chosen at birth, and Bhuta just happened to fit the shoe perfectly. Permitted to stay with her family during her training, Bhuta lived a generally very simple life composed of dance, song and food. Her mother, Sahkai, was a dancer and her father, Juina, a bard. Bhuta was surrounded by music from the time she was born. Using the music and movement as a medium, the girl became more and more able to access the Spirit Plane, be it for guidance, healing or aid.

Bhuta has been a part of many rituals concerning the Spirit and other planes. She is fascinated with the Spirits and their healing abilities. She seeks to delve deeper into the plane to gain further knowledge of the World.
Skills: Speechcraft, songcraft, Spirit communication through trance, dance and she is proficient with a quarterstaff
World-space: Äm, the eastern half of Irrihyánë, the great western island continent of Emoria. Äm is filled with near barren plains and lush grasslands, as well several sprawling cities near the coast. The territory also includes the massive dormant volcano, Sunrise.
IRLGoat
IRLGoat
Mist
Mist

Female

http://vocaladies.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IRLGoat Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:27 pm

if there are any problems with it, just tell me. :3
I'm open to changing anything that's not correct.
IRLGoat
IRLGoat
Mist
Mist

Female

http://vocaladies.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I just want to make sure that it's understood that shamans and those who may communicate with spirits can't actually enter the spirit plane unless they travel via the rift in Aendrel or the Portals located within each plane. I described it in the description of the Spirit Plane.

I'm sure you've read it, but I just wanted to be clear for any others who want to have characters able to communicate with spirits.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Gunneh, since you haven't opposed the idea, I just wanted to remind you that Äm primarily worships whatever Dax's Vatienniens worship.

The proximity to the Rift would have expanded their religion, too. And it's looking like the Thendári are starting to believe the same way. Vatienniens seem to be worshipping what they believe to be the being that created all things.

If Äm worships other things besides, they would be minor--as it stands now--and the major deity would be Sanctus Unus, or whatever it's called in Vatienne. Maybe they have a different name?

Also, I'm still not sure how Alos would react to people actually worshipping him as a god.

Edit:
If Morgarath is able to move between all the planes (can he? I forget...), would he be able to recruit the powerful Earth guys and maybe some Fire Lords to his cause? That might be cool. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:
Edit:
If Morgarath is able to move between all the planes (can he? I forget...), would he be able to recruit the powerful Earth guys and maybe some Fire Lords to his cause? That might be cool. xD

He could use the portal he has beneath his citadel. I am pretty sure of that. I don't think he can go to the planes besides shadow and material without some sort of aid though. OR at least even for him it would be very difficult.

On another note Kalon, we need to figure out what interactions our nations have had in the past?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm

I just want to make sure that it's understood that shamans and those who may communicate with spirits can't actually enter the spirit plane unless they travel via the rift in Aendrel or the Portals located within each plane. I described it in the description of the Spirit Plane.

She would have to be extremely powerful to travel to the Spirit Plane directly without the specific Portal and is unlikely.

If Morgarath is able to move between all the planes (can he? I forget...), would he be able to recruit the powerful Earth guys and maybe some Fire Lords to his cause?

Morgarath can only travel to the Plane of Shadow and to the Material Plane without a portal from my understanding.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:

If Morgarath is able to move between all the planes (can he? I forget...), would he be able to recruit the powerful Earth guys and maybe some Fire Lords to his cause?

Morgarath can only travel to the Plane of Shadow and to the Material Plane without a portal from my understanding.

I believe I already adressed this, and as he is my character I feel that my intrepretation of my characters powers is more valid. However I agree that barring him using his portal beneath the darktower he can't travel to planes besides material and shadow.

Though he might be able to through effort do voice projection or some other method of communication.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Ok, my bad. I was just thinking of other baddies for Morgarath to recruit. ^^

Now I have some PMs to send. ^^
Gotta nail down things with Raptorman, Kathryn, and... who else... Elric. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Here is the History of Taurë Arda as I've written it. If anyone has anything they'd like to add or if they have any issues, please let me know, and I will rewrite them to fit.

Spoiler:

Code for Easy Copy/Paste:
Spoiler:

{EDIT}
Here is my revised character sheet:

Spoiler:

Code for easy copying/pasting:
Spoiler:
{/EDIT}

{EDIT #2}
Hermes, we've already established that characters who are able to travel between Planes without the use of a portal find that that power corrupts them. Yes, the character could be powerful enough to travel that way, but she wouldn't be a good guy.
{/EDIT #2}

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Hermes, we've already established that characters who are able to travel between Planes without the use of a portal find that that power corrupts them. Yes, the character could be powerful enough to travel that way, but she wouldn't be a good guy.

That's fine. I messed it up in my previous post. So much to remember sometimes I make things up in my head.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Ha. Sorry Kathryn: I actually just copypasta'd from Kalon's sheet because it's EXTRMELY hard (and by EXTREMELY hard, I mean impossible as far as I know) for me to make the accent marks, so that means that I have to copy and paste anything with accent marks lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Well, if you have a number pad ((they're the box of numbers to the right of the keyboard)) then you need to use that to type the accent marks. Raptor and I recently discovered that you can't use the numbers above the letters to type the accent marks.

Another way is to go into a word file, select Insert from the menu bar, and click Special Character. It'll let you select letters with accents over them that way.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Well, if you have a number pad ((they're the box of numbers to the right of the keyboard)) then you need to use that to type the accent marks. Raptor and I recently discovered that you can't use the numbers above the letters to type the accent marks.

Another way is to go into a word file, select Insert from the menu bar, and click Special Character. It'll let you select letters with accents over them that way.

THAT's why I can't do it! I have no number pad! This whole time I thought I was just completely inept.

Just want to say that I'm sorry we haven't been updating. I know you are all anxious to see your info in lights on the information page. If I could just finish this damn paper then I would get started!

It's one of those things where the professor requires a progress report, but I'm one who prefers to just do the whole paper in one sitting. So basically, I have to do all the research but condense it to three pages instead of 15-18. DAMN!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Username: Raptorman
Character Name: Morgarath
Species/Race: Quasi Immortal being
Physical Description: Morgarath is shorter than most humans and his physical stature is not particularly impressive. However his presence often makes peoples skin crawl. His face is always shadowed even in the brightest sunlight and his eyes glow a bright yellow that make them obviously his. His hands are covered by gloves of black or silver silk and he carries the book of hours with him.
Age: Morgarath himself dates back to the first years after the origin wars. He is the oldest thing currently residing in the Material plane.
Occupation: Lord of the Mountains of Night/ Dark Lord/ Prince of Darkness/ Destroyer of Hope, and many more. He has a lot of titles and names.
Skills: Old dark magic. He can also perform healing magics and similar but he will not perform those that summon light. He also is capable of teleporting himself from shadow to shadow, essentially meaning he can teleport himself to anywhere within his kingdom or anywhere else there are lots of shadows. Morgarath also possesses the power to travel from the plane of Shadows to the Material plane without a portal. This process can cause rifts in the fabric of the universe.

World-space: Morgarath rules over the Mountains of Night. A dark land eternally shrouded in shadows where the sunlight never breaks through and the perpetual light is much like twilight. The Land is covered in massive mountains that stretch nearly a mile up into the sky and the clouds of shadows swarm eternal around them. It is believed that the gate to the fabled plane of shadows lies in the center of the mountains. Some have also speculated that the Mountains really are the plane of shadows overlapping the world. The cities here are grand with spiraling architecture and spires that stretch towards the sky in many places.

The Capital city is more a fortress than a city and is normally referred to simply as the Darktower. It lies in the very center of the Mountains atop the tallest of them all. The Darktower seems to sprout from the mountain itself and is a black color that is unlike any other on Emoria. It seems that darkness pulses out from it as if the tower were alive.

To the north and the south of the Mountains the massive North and South walls have been raised in more recent years. They only came into being after the last Illuria War III when Morgarath realized the risks of under defended borders. He raised them from the earth the same way he called forth the Darktower. To the South of the South wall itself lie the Razors a nearly impassable mountain range. These mountains due to their nature serve as a primary barrier to invasion from the south.

Allies: Still not quite certain, am hoping for a few mercenary nations.
Enemies: Vatienne, Taurë Arda, Aendrel
Religion/Deity(s): He is worshiped as a god by his people
Governing Body: He is the Governing body for the most part.

A brief history of Morgarath and the Mountains of Night. For the Sake of the RP not all is revealed here.

Spoiler:

Races of Darkness
Spoiler:

Last edited by Raptorman on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Maybe some pirates can ally with Morgarath?

I should have info on the Thendári as a race pretty soon. Probably sometime tomorrow. Basically elves, but with slightly different appearance and different customs.

As for special characters, another way is to go Start Menu > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map, and pick whichever one you need. It lets you copy and paste. (The directions might not be completely accurate for Windows XP. I'm not 100% certain.)

Also, Kathryn, the name of my island continent isn't Irridánë; that would mean chasing or pursuing the sun. ^^ The name is Sunfall, which is translated Irrihyánë.
The confusion probably came from the name of my character, Chälan Irrdánë.

So yeah, Irrihyánë, with a 'hy' instead of a 'd.' Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Ryona, hahahah! I'm glad that I could enlighten you. I just never use the numbers above the letters for anything, so I never thought to check until we were trying to figure out why Raptor couldn't do it. I'm seriously thinking about investing in a number pad for my laptop because of things like this.

Don't worry about not getting it done instantly. Your real life takes priority over things like this.

Kalon, that's fine. Gunneh said he copy/pasted "Taulë" straight from your sheet, so you may want to go correct that with "Taurë." I'd say we're about even then, yes? ^o_~^

I corrected my sheet with the proper spelling. The character's name probably is the reason behind the confusion.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah, I think I corrected that, but I'd better go check. I do remember getting that wrong. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Ahh, soo much new information. It makes for entirely a riveting read!

The only thing I would like to mention is to Raptorman, and it is a very small detail indeed. In fact, its something I find might make the moment in question much more awe-inspiring.

Instead of Morgarath just coming down from his tower simply kills alot of people, I was thinking something more...suitable to someone like Morggy.

From the top of his tower (or lower if the top is indeed too high... but then again, the battle around the Dark Tower would be soo huge in scale that it might not matter) or his dark perch, he would somehow magnify his voice thousand-fold and call-out the Papus into a one on one duel.

It would be like polar opposites fighting each other. Imagine the middle of the battle-field, with one side Morgaraths evil beasts and on the other would be Vatiennien soldiers. And in the middle, the Dark Lord going mano to mano with the most powerful priests of the Sanctus Unus and of Vatienne.
(I find it would be kind of funny at the same time because the papus is always someone of some.. respectable age and Morgarath, as hes describe, looks like hes young and short. I dont know, I jut thought it was kind of... ironic)

I dont know about all of you, but I am thinking that would be epic.

Yes? No?

I just thought it would add drama to the last real battle of the Illurian Wars. The end would obviously end in defeat for the papus and be the definitive rout for Vatienne, kicking them out of the Mountains of Night.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Personal life update: Turns out I have way more homework than I thought. Tomorrow I have to watch two 1.5 hour long video lectures and one 2.5 hour long class lecture, in which I have to verbally summarize the progress report I wrote today (on issues with ancient DNA) as well as an article on the use of gas chromatography-mass spectometry on a Byzantine wall painting from the Protaton Church. In between these lectures I have to hunt down outlines from various administrators on campus so that I may have my graduation check application completed. On thursday I have to write another progress report on my study of osteomalacia in women past and present. On friday I have to watch my third video lecture, and study for the exam on the three video lectures (I have an exam every week). After all of that, I should have time to update this stuff. So expect it up sometime this weekend. But keep in mind, I need to sleep Razz
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 am

Raptorman wrote:A question does anyone else have a nation that could be enlisted to evil?

Like a truly mercenary nation?

Or even have a small group who would side with evil?
Just thought I'd throw this one out there:
Idona (home of the Ayre people) is basically nothing but mercenaries. Details are in my character sheet. Fighting-for-hire is the way of life for them, pretty much regardless of who is hiring.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 am

Would you be willing to be hired by Morgarath?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 am

Yep, the offer is open to anyone who wants to have them in their history or current military endeavours, as long as it is reasonable. Just bear in mind that Ayren warlords trade their services for payment in the form of coin or resources they need to sustain their troops. If you wanted to have a group of them in a more permanent role, you could use your dark powers to indoctrinate them, or just have very substantial payment if you were feeling merciful. Generally warlords stay out of each others business so you can have them doing whatever kind of work you want.
My vision of a hired Ayren group would be a group of about a hundred or so; their small numbers are far outweighed by their incredible combat prowess.

Edit:
I am going to work more on the cultural history for Idona soon, I have been working a bit with Caleb about this, the main course of their history is tied in with the Drenata, although I wouldn't mind seeing someone else including Ayren mercenaries somewhere in their military history. Please, go wild! I get inspiration from reading your creative genius FOG!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am

He could pay them. He could also corrupt them once they got to the Mountains of Night. But what he would most likely do is use your guys as a distraction of sorts. Hire out a very large group and give them orders simply to burn and pillage the other lands besides his and theirs on the northern continent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 am

Fair enough, just know that Ayrens work best in somewhat smaller groups. A massive army would be difficult to manage, and Ayren warriors work best under the command of Ayren warlords, captains, platoon sergeants, etc.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next