FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
Shadow Moonseye
Buzzwulf
Hello Danger
Caleb
Gabe
Sighlent
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Carrion
Dax
ImmortalSin
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
18 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Here is my idea for the Plane of Fire:

The Plane of Fire

The plane of Fire is a hostile and chaotic region. Some say it is akin to hell itself, but others know better. The Fire Lords, beings made from fire and lava, control the greater part of the realm, warring against each other constantly for land. Some of the Fire Lords have come into the practice of taking beings from the Material Plane and making them their slaves. Some primitive tribes of the Material Plane even sacrifice humans to the Fire Lords as part of a religious rite. Few humans escape from their captors, however, some have managed such a feat and are attempting to claim some of the Fire Lords’ land for their own.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm

What I'm saying about the portals is that you have one portal on each plane, right? Well, if you went to the Air Portal, for instance, you could get to any of the other portals. Each portal would have more than one option about where to end up.

Yes, I know that's what you mean by "earth." I had just thought that the planes would still be located in specific areas around the globe, not really in a different reality. It would just be pretty much impossible to get from one to the next without the aid of a portal. What I mean is maybe the Water Plane being located at the bottom of the ocean. The Air Plane being located in the sky. The Earth plane being the general landscape that's being mapped, and the Fire Plane maybe located in the core of the planet or something.

I also think that because the posts in here are building so fast that if we're going to double post, we should just edit our previous posts to include what we want to say. It eliminates clutter.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Here is my idea for the Plane of Water:

The Plane of Water

The plane of Water is a secretive and united region. It is governed by an ancient monarchy and seeks peace for all that inhabit it. However, the people of the plane are very wary of outsiders and intruders should not expect a warm welcome. Because of this, not much is known about the native inhabitants other than that they seem to live countless years compared to the people of the Material Plane. It is said that a young maiden of the plane gifted the Material Plane with its oceans as a symbol of thanksgiving to a mortal who had once saved her life. It is rumored that the people of his plane have great healing powers.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

What I'm saying about the portals is that you have one portal on each plane, right? Well, if you went to the Air Portal, for instance, you could get to any of the other portals. Each portal would have more than one option about where to end up.

Oh. I see now. I will change the portal locations to the location of each plane.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks for completely ignoring what I said about the planes themselves and double posting, by the way. =\

I think I'm just going to ignore this thread for a while until I have my own character's area and person figured out in greater detail.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for completely ignoring what I said about the planes themselves and double posting, by the way.

I can condense all of the Elemental Planes to one post and just keep editing that one if it makes things less hectic.

I like the planes where I have them located, but if you would rather them differently, I can change that.

The only thing is that if the Earth Plane is the general landscape being mapped you would have the stone creatures roaming about, unless that is what we want.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

I just realized that there isn't a "biography" or "history" section in the character sheet for our characters. Is that intentional or was it just missed?

Hermes, I'm going to PM you to keep this thread clear of back and forthness. I think we could get more accomplished via PM, and no one in the actually game would be confused until we were ready to show them the finished product with our ideas. Then they can tell us their ideas, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:34 pm

I was going to have my character be from a nation on one of the created planes with a unique form of magic (lookup thread: Spellsinger's Tale). So what plane is our 'default world'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Hermes, I'm going to PM you to keep this thread clear of back and forthness.

That's a good idea. It'll be hard to find the actual character sheets if I keep throwing stuff everywhere.

Look at the mess I made. There's planes everywhere! Someone might get hurt.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks Kathryn, this planes stuff is better posted when it is complete.

Elric, you should wait until they hash out the info via PM, that way you have a better idea of where to put your character.

Kathryn, Just add biography to yours. Silvone put his in world space, and I put mine in lycantrophy, so just tailor yours to fit your needs. Like Silv said, it was only the most basic info that is needed to start this role play.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

I said it in the first post, but you can feel free to change your character sheet in any way you want, adding things or taking things away, so long as all of the most basic information is in there. Your character sheets are for you, for referencing yours and other characters. What is in the story is far more important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 am

I would honestly prefer you wait to design all the elemental planes and designate them until some of us can actually post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:57 am

Why don't you help with the discussion? You don't need the avatar to help in the world building. No one is actually posting anything yet. Since you wanted your character to be from the shadow plane, why don't you start the discussion on what that plane will be like. Since Kathryn and Hermes have started with the planes, just collaborate with them on it. Theres no reason it needs to wait until you have your avatar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 am

So, I'm just a bit confused. We're allowed to create our own nation/cities/city-states and what not, for our character to be from right? Or are only certain people allowed to do that?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:57 am

Everyone is allowed to create their own worldspace. It can't be too large, of course. We all need to share the world. But it can be the size of a small country with several cities, or smaller if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 am

So we get to form a section of the world, and some are going a step further and adding Planes, to give us more options, right? Very Happy

I'll be fine with just a country. ^^
I'll think about it later, after I finish some avatars. xD
Like Silvone said, no need for you guys to wait until they're completed. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Why don't you help with the discussion? You don't need the avatar to help in the world building. No one is actually posting anything yet. Since you wanted your character to be from the shadow plane, why don't you start the discussion on what that plane will be like. Since Kathryn and Hermes have started with the planes, just collaborate with them on it. Theres no reason it needs to wait until you have your avatar.

Oh ok, and I have my avatar now and it looks cool, thanks to kalon for that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 am

I would also like to mention, if you are feeling uncreative, or someone builds a world that is strikingly similar to yours, feel free to make your character from another person's world. HOWEVER, you MUST collaborate with them! Don't just state that your character is a sorceress from the swampy area, PM me and discuss it with me first. The same goes for anyone else's world. This is a collaboration project, a mix of individual flare and large doses of teamwork.

Remember, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... Razz
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 pm

O.o, elemental planes, very nice.

Although I like the idea, unfortunately Vatienne, if I want to stay true to the kind of foreign policy that I think it would have, will probably be either unfriendly-neutral to unfriendly with any civilization hailing from that place.

As for an international organization, instead of the relatively successful UN, it should go more along the lines of a League of Nations (the UNs ancestor).
Which means an international organization...that’s failing, has failed or does not inspire trust by the populace of the World-Space.

Then again, a functional UN-style organization works very well, too.

We have to know what we want. Do we want a political or a military disaster to open up the RP? Would it be an embarrassing defeat of the UN-like troops on a peace-keeping mission that makes many nations leave and etc.?

Then again, we could just choose that there is no UN-style government and that every nation has its own treaties and etc., just like in the days of old.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:18 pm

As for an international organization, instead of the relatively successful UN, it should go more along the lines of a League of Nations (the UNs ancestor).

Ah. Good old Woodrow Wilson, the Father of Public Policy.

Anyway, as far as the planes go, we are still working on them. The Elemental Planes are pretty much done so far, but the other planes haven't really been discussed.

PM me or Kathryn if you have an idea and you can help with that plane.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 pm

I think what we've decided so far (nothing for sure yet, just some discussion), is that it would function a bit like the council of Elrond. Basically, there are groups of nations that come together in times of emergencies and band together to fix whatever problem is plaguing them. But in less-than-disastrous situations they would likely leave each other alone. One benefit is that all of these groups would be under a loose alliance, and therefore it would be disadvantagous(did I spell that right?) for any group of this alliance to attack another (though not unheard of). So there is no military that represents this group, but the comprised militaries can band together when needed.

But this is just what has been discussed so far. It can change into anything, really, depending on what the concensus is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:47 pm

I have finished my character sheet, Silvone. You can put it with the others now.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I am working on my profile. What I have so far is a kingdom of darkness and some other stuff, but I am making progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Username: Raptorman
Character Name: Morgarath
Species/Race: Quasi Immortal being
Physical Description: Morgarath is shorter than most humans and his physical stature is not particularly impressive. However his presence often makes peoples skin crawl. His face is always shadowed even in the brightest sunlight and his eyes glow a bright yellow that make them obviously his. His hands are covered by gloves of black or silver silk and he carries the book of hours with him.
Skills: Old dark magic. He can also perform healing magics and similar but he will not perform those that summon light. He also is capable of teleporting himself from shadow to shadow, essentially meaning he can teleport himself to anywhere within his kingdom or anywhere else there are lots of shadows.

World-space: Morgarath rules over the Mountains of Night. A dark land eternally shrouded in shadows where the sunlight never breaks through and the perpetual light is much like twilight. The Land is covered in massive mountains that stretch nearly a mile up into the sky and the clouds of shadows swarm eternal around them. It is believed that the gate to the fabled plane of shadows lies in the center of the mountains. Some have also speculated that the Mountains really are the plane of shadows overlapping the world. The cities here are grand with spiraling architecture and spires that stretch towards the sky in many places. The capital city in the mountains is more a fortress than a city and it is there that Morgarath himself truly resides.

Allies: not sure
Enemies: Probably a lot. He is ruler of the realm of darkness
Religion/Deity(s): He is worshiped as a god by his people
Governing Body: Essentially he gives the orders and the Inquisitors turn them into policies. However that doesn't mean that he directly oversees things. Most of the time he isn't actually home and is wandering the world searching for magic he can use to make himself more powerful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:51 pm

So can we say that the Shadow Plane overlaps the entire world, essentially bordering the planets atmosphere and space? I just need a little more information before I can put it up in the information section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:59 pm

The Mountains of Night, Morgaraths kingdom, Is essentially the shadow plane for all intents and purposes. And it is I guess one of the smaller actual planes as it is smaller than the earth not overlapping.

edit- The Shadow plane overlaps the material plane in only the one place mentioned above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Alright, I will fill it in above soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm

So, are us 5 enough to maybe start to attempt at trying to piece all of this together while other join in?

I'm talking geography, International relations and... history? maybe?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Well, there are more than five. Not everyone has character sheets up at the moment though. Everyone is working on it, at least everyone who plans on joining at some point.

Silvone Elestahr
Ryona Noel
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
ImmortalSin
Kalon Ordona II
Gunneh2113
Raptorman
Dax
Elric Gharial
Sighlent
Plaguewalker

I think that is everyone who has expressed interest so far. And we are currently working on filling all of that information in. Kathryn and Hermes having been hammering out the Elemental Planes, and we are all filling in the world with our own individual characters, as well as a little bit of history along with it. I don't really want to delve too deeply into history and such until we have more character profiles up. I don't want to end up excluding anything or anyone's ideas yet.

So, geography we are already working on.
International relations you can go ahead and establish. Message people who have already put up profiles, or even others who haven't, and start talking about how things might work out between your areas. Ryona and I have already established that her lands are directly south of mine, just beyond the mountains. And based off of what the sorceresses have and what my own people need, we established that they would likely have a neutral relationship based on trade needs. So work anything out with anyone, just make sure to read through their profiles thoroughly Wink
And history...you can work on the history of your own. Eventually, as we get more profiles in, we will have a better history to compile.

As far as the plot goes, all we know as of now is that the role-play will either start out with representatives from every world-space meeting to discuss a solution to whatever problem, or with all of these representatives traveling to this place to meet. Haven't really decided yet. And as far as the story itself, we don't really know yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:03 pm

We don't want to put up the map yet, because we want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a location of choice - Silvone and I have an idea of where we want our lands to lie, but everyone should get equal chance of choosing where they want their location to be.

If those who have not finished their character sheets want the map up now, I will go ahead and put it up and have land claims be first come, first serve. Likely though it is going to take some time to get everyone situated accordingly.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next