FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed)

+5
Shades Of Gray
Sin
Kyna
Ragter the junior greeter
Sunwolf007
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed) Empty New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed)

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Introduction:

“We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky, and we've got to be careful. Really careful. So we don't trust anyone. Because if they find us... well, we just won't let them find us..

The thing you should know is that everyone is in really big trouble. Yeah. Even you.”

The Yeerks are invading earth. A Yeerk is a parasite that takes over the body of another being by way of infestation through the ear canal. They completely take over their host and make them what is called a controller. It resembles a small, grey-green slug about six inches long. Yeerks in their natural state have decent senses of smell and touch, but they are blind until they enter a host, as they do not have eyes. By themselves they are powerless but they have concurred the Hork-Bajir, Gedds and made allies out of the Taxxons. The human race is their next target. We can’t let that happen.

Who are we you ask? We call ourselves the Animorphs. Well we used to be a group of morph capable humans resisting the Yeerks. We have a few advantages that we use. First off they don’t know we are human. They think we are a small group of Andalite warriors who crash landed after the last big space engagement. The second thing we have going for us is the ability to become, for two hours at a time, any animal we have acquired the DNA to. In our last engagement we fought the Yeerks and got the Escafil device. The Andalite morphing cube, as we call it, gives the ability to morph to anyone who touches it. It was a hard prize to win because now we are down to two members and we need replacements. In short we need you.

Basic Information:

This RP is going to take place in the same realm as the Animorphs book series. The premise is that Alien slugs are invading the earth one person at a time. They take over people and no one can tell the difference between someone who is infested and someone who isn’t. It isn’t a requirement to have read the series but it would help since it’s the same realm minus the main characters. Wikipedia has an amazingly detailed amount of information about the series with all the tech, aliens, weapons, and anything relating to the Animorph series so if you need to find something out look there. There is way too much info for me to take it all and condense it properly so if you need something specific ask me by post or PM and I will post up a link for it.

The characters I will accept will be high school age. So 15-18 is about right and all the characters will be going to the same high school. The Animorphs who died also went to this school but are now being impersonated by the Chee to help keep secret the identities of the Animorphs. I will accept one person playing as an Andalite. I will not but if someone else does that’s fine.

The story is going to start with Owen (and his partner left from the first group) leading the new Animorphs (who don’t have any morphs when we start but will get a list of them after my first post) to the zoo to acquire a bunch of morphs (like birds of prey, some water morphs, he will bring some bugs to acquire and of course a battle morph).

Information links:

Animorph realm

Yeerks

Andalites

Hork-Bajir

Taxxon

Escafil device/morphing cube

Chee

Erek the Chee

Ellimist

Crayak

Characters:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Character’s History:[/b]

[b]Morphs:[/b]

Old Animorphs:

Owen [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:

Brandon Jameson [Phantomzaber]
Spoiler:

New Animorphs:

Kayla Reece [Sin]
Spoiler:

Rori O’Connell [Corsenna]
Spoiler:

Derek [Ragter the junior greeter]
Spoiler:

Staff at the high School:
Cicero Lamberti [hubris1987]
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:08 am; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : modified the morph listing on Corsenna's character)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed) Empty Re: New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed)

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Name: Derek

Race: Human

Appearance:

Derek doesn't look like all that much, since he's always wearing long-sleeved shirts and jeans, so you can never tell what he is like physically. With just glancing at him, he looks like a scrawny teenager with rather unkempt dark brown hair, and vibrant blue eyes. He also wears glasses, so that also helps add to the illusion that he is just a scrawny teenager who isn't a threat to anyone.

Personality:

One of the best ways to describe Derek is with one word, and that word is lazy. His unkempt hair hints at this, but if you ever venture into his house or ask him to do something, you'll probably get a response ranging from nothing to him saying a little. However, he changes completely when he was chosen to be an Animorph. As an Animorph, his usually lazy demeanor disappears and he is completely focused, though he sorely lacks leadership qualities, and is a little below average at working with other people. Nonetheless, he does his best to work with the others and learn from them, as well as how to work with them. There is also another aspect of him, and that is the fact that he has a great deal of empathy, he can understand, as well as sympathize, with others. Of course, it's hard to imagine that when you see him barely paying attention in class, instead thinking of things that only he can focus on. As for what he wants to do after high school, he has no idea, for he hasn't thought about it at all.

There is a slight problem with him being an Animorph though, and that is the fact that his family is extremely protective, and wouldn't let him go anywhere without a good reason. As such, he always has to sneak out of the house by morphing into one of the small animal morphs he has acquired, and this leads to a cycle of him getting grounded, only for him to sneak out again.

History:

To be honest, there isn't anything too remarkable about the history of Derek. He originally lived, and was born in, a different town than the one he is living in now, the one the Animorphs are fighting the Yeerks from. In this seperate town, nothing too remarkable happened at all, just an average life with his mother and father. Unfortunately, this unremarkableness soon faded away when he was 10, which was when it was discovered his father had been cheating on his mother. The two of them of course tried to work through it but, two years later, they seperated from each other, causing Derek to worry about who he would live with, then, just a year later, his parents divorced and a custody battle started. Derek wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but he understood that something major was going down and tried to do his best to help his parents. Eventually, it ended with his mother winning the custody battle, since his Dad didn't have a place of his own and was living with the other woman now. This was probably one factor that caused Derek to not pay attention in school much and think about his future. He supported his mom as best as he could, but she couldn't deal with the fact that the man she was married to, and had a kid with, had cheated on her and lived in the same city as her. So, when he was 14, she decided that they were going to move far away, and that is exactly what the two of them did, moving far away from his father.

So, he was thrown into turmoil yet again, although a lesser turmoil this time, as they moved, and eventually settled down in the town where it all started, where he became an Animorph and learned of the Yeerks, of the invasion. He was, of course, skeptical at first, but after seeing the proof with his own eyes, the morphing cube, then he had no choice but to believe and, just a bit relunctantly, he joined the ranks of the Animorphs, to help fight off the Yeerks, to help save Earth. He has no idea how they're going to fight off an army of another species, yet alone a species like a Yeerk, yet for some reason, he still believes that they have a chance, that they can fight off the Yeerks and save their planet.

Morphs to get:
Maine Coon Cat (Female)
Mouse (Male)
American Robin (Male)
Wood Gnat (Male)

Morphs:
Electric Eel (Female)
Bald Eagle (Female)
Seagull (Female)
Fly (Male)
Cockroach (Male)
Dolphin (Female)
Black Rhinoceros (Male)

Last edited by Ragter the junior greeter on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed) Empty Re: New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed)

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Ok just got a simple question for you. Was your character a member of the original Animorphs or did he just get recruited/joined at the beginning. It makes a difference because when I start the story the new group have no morphs yet. The story is going to start with the group of new Animorphs getting a bunch of morphs from the zoo and of course that isn't going to go over so smooth. But anyway that goes back to my question. Sorry about being not that specific about that in the intro post. I will fix that.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyna Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Wow, animorphs! Very cool. I'm tempted by this RP so I may be posting a character.

Kyna
Mist
Mist

Female

http://shepherdessdog.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:50 pm

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

He got recruited at the beginning...let's say the morphs I listed are the ones he's going to get, how about that Sunwolf?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Ok. I know that I am going to have Owen hook them up with a lot of morphs, like a good bird of prey morph to get from place to place a seagull morph to go places unnoticed, fly and cockroach to get into buildings, and something that swims in salt water and fresh water. Then let them chose what they want as a battle morph. As for other morphs your character wants to pick up at the zoo besides those I don't mind. Will that work?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Yeah, sounds fine Sunwolf, I'll edit my sheet sometime.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:25 am

Oooh. Animorphs was one of the first things I wanted to roleplay. That, Pokemon, and Lord of the Rings... strange combination for a 13 year old before LotR was made a movie. I would like to submit a character, I'm just too tired right now to make one. But I am definitely interested! If you'll have me, I'll edit this post or post later on with my profile. Still learning the ropes but I should be settled quickly!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.mixpod.com/playlist/41304552

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am

We need more players so you are more than welcome to join. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:09 pm

None yet Very Happy Though I did remember I was 12 when I read the whole LotR series. Not 13. Hah. I guess I'll shove my info into a spoiler like in the opening post. Let's see... as I remember, before the Animorphs even formed, I do believe The Sharing had been around for a bit, so... *pencils in some details*

How does this look?

Spoiler:
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Looks great. Could yo PM me the profile with a code bracket around it so I can copy and past it into the first post?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Done! Figured you'd want me to keep the spoiler tag like yours. In hindsight I did leave out one detail, but it would probably be too much to have her randomly have animal facts. Perhaps something to change or add as the story goes along. ;3 Looking forward to starting this and seeing how it goes.
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I am also looking forward to starting this but we need a few more people to post characters. Plus I need someone to pick up the other character that survived in the original group. So who knows how long it will be but we can plan out details until then. Plus if you want to edit your profile to add in those details you missed that's ok with me.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Naw, I'm happy with how my character is. Like I said, I like to leave some room for changes and development. What I've written is all pre-RP, so she is probably going to come out a changed person. And probably with more than her fair share of scars if I have any say in the matter. ;3

Anyway. o-o If there's anything you'd like me to do or OOC conferring or cookies, I'll be happy to help. xD My first RP on here, I'm just a little stoked.
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Well aside from advertising the RP in your sig and sending PMs to people there really isn't much we can do at this particular moment. That and plan out character interactions and the like. Hopefully we will get a few people in here soon.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Oh here's one! My character wants to pokes your with a stick! Bwah. I turned my introduction thread into an advertisement so maybe that could get a few people. Maybe... Hm... Give me a few, I'll make a sig!

Last edited by Sin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Boom new sig)
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh sweet potatoes...

If you're still recruiting, I'm totally in! XD I was in love with these books growing up and was *just* talking about them with a friend of mine a few days ago.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Oh yeah we are still in need of people so when you have a character profile filled out please post it.

@Sin: That is a sweet sig! you think you could PM me that in a code bracket so I can sport it like you?

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error, added the @Sin part)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantomzaber Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:03 am

I am interested! I'll take the position as the other survivor. Profile will be up in the next 24 hours.
Phantomzaber
Phantomzaber
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:08 am

Ok sounds good. You want me to PM you the sweet sig as well?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 am

Definitely interested. That's what Mike told me to post, that I'm interested.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 am

Awe, only interested? Don't you want to join? It's gonna be fun Very Happy

And now I have another sig for when we get this game going! Hehe.
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantomzaber Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Name: Brandon Jameson

Race: Human

Appearance: Brandon stands at five feet and nine inches tall. He plays midfielder on his high school soccer team, so he is very skinny, but has a toned muscle structure. His hair is naturally red and his eyes are a dull shade of dark green. Poor eyesight requires him to wear a pair of wire framed black glasses.

Personality: Brendon gets picked on... A lot. His love for theater, soccer, and choir leaves him out of the "cool kid" circle, but he tends to brush off the attempts at verbal abuse pretty easily. Despite the animosity toward him, he is a very easy going person who has the ability to make friends easily. Science, especially biology has always been his favorite subject, although he does do well in most subjects (other than history) without having to put to much effort into studying. His keen interest in science is what lead him to accept the position of animorph.
Brendan is very gung-ho about everything with which he is involved. Sitting around and doing nothing is never acceptable... He fills up every moment of down time with either running or trying to start some philosophical debate with whoever is nearest to him.

Character’s History:
Brandon comes from a loving family. His father is a veterinarian at the local pet hospital and his mother is a rather successful surgeon at the county hospital. He lives in a rather large house outside the city, because his parents 'love the country feel' of their ranch style home. Not that they spend much time there as they are often gone for days leaving Brandon to fend for himself. He often takes advantage of this by going out at night or having his team spend the night when he can.
With both of his parents in the medical field in some form, they are very wealthy and like to show it when they can. For Brandon's 16th birthday they offered to buy him any car he wanted, but Brandon turned the offer down in place of a high-end laptop and a second- hand scooter. Brandon is actually rather uncomfortable with his parents being so wealthy. He would prefer not to flaunt their riches and have people pretending to like him to try and get a free ride in a nice car or hope to get a cool Christmas present. Sometimes to the outside world, it seems that Brandon prefers to be an outsider. He thinks life is a lot less hurtful that way.
He had a very close group of friends until recently who knew about his private life of luxury, but they also knew a much bigger secret. On the night he was chosen to be an animorph he felt an immediate bond to his teammates. Keeping his own skills in observation, he quickly took on the unspoken role of scout for his team. For this reason, he has become particularly fond of his Peregrine Falcon morph. He often feels more comfortable riding the wind than he does in his own human skin. Of the 13 missions his team went on, he didn't see much action. He spent most of his time up in the air trying to send his team valuable information they could use against their adversaries. On their final mission, Owen chose Brandon to help secure the box and transport it to safety. The rest of the team died that night, and Brandon is still trying to recover from the loss.

Morphs:
Peregrine Falcon
Dark Kangaroo Mouse
Bobcat (Lynx Rufus)
Border Collie
Tufted Titmouse
Harbour Porpoise
Mallard Duck
Horsefly
Cockroach
Ant
Siberian Tiger
Elephant
Tiger Shark
Kitti's Hog-nosed Bat
Andalite
Phantomzaber
Phantomzaber
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Everything looks good. I added the character to the first post. Now all we need are the stragglers to get there profiles up and we are ready to start this party! I should start working on the first post. Should... Maybe tomorrow. Laughing Sometimes I am so lazy.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Whoot! Roleplay, roleplay! Hurry other peoples and get your profiles up and edited and shiny! I'll give you cookies. Surprised I made a pretty pic for Kayla's posts... I can do that, right? o-o Tiny image of fancy letters for her name.

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed) 9gkcib
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 pm

OK, I'm actually working on my profile now. Apparently writer's block transfers to making people as well. I just had a question, are unnatural colors allowed for people based on the idea of hair dye and colored contacts?

Also, sad panda, I want a pretty sig as well...
Corsenna
Corsenna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 pm

o-o Well Kayla has red streaks dyed in her hair. I don't see why not. These are teenagers after all, hair dye and contacts are actually pretty common this day and age. Piercings as well. *shudder*

Uhm. You can use the Animorphs sig if you want. I made it to be a public advertisement. I only changed to my name's sig because with a few more profiles made, it should be ready to start.

Though... if you have some images in mind, I could try to help you out. o-o Or even just your name in a fancy text. Feel free to PM me. Though for something like what Shades of Gray has, that isn't my doing. Weiss made that one. *nod nod* So if you want something like that, he's the one to poke!
Sin
Sin
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Well that was never touch on in the novels but I am going to say that if you dye your hair then it would stay the same color when you demorph just because hair length didn't change when the main characters demorphed. This implies that stuff you do to yourself returns to what it was before the morph. Unless it's body damage that can be fixed by DNA. Anyway as for eye contacts I would say yes because the characters can morph clothing.

So to answer your questions: Yes unnatural hair color is allowed due to hair dye and unnatural eye color is allowed because of contacts.

Also if you look in your PM box I sent you the code for the awesome sig.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Name: Rori O’Connell

Race: Irish

Appearance: 5’2” and 124 lbs. Dimensions are 34-20-36. Rori has green eyes that are enhanced by colored contacts. Her hair is light auburn but she keeps it dyed to a dark brown. Rori tends to wear tight fitted clothing with a leather jacket and leather boots. Her hair is just beyond shoulder length and curly, she usually wears it in a pony-tail or a loose bun.

Personality: Rori has always been a take-charge kind of person. She liked being the first one in the action. Her natural sense of curiosity and adventure made caution difficult for her. When she was twelve, she moved to America to live with a relative rather than her constantly traveling geologist parents. Rori started taking martial arts classes; she spent all of her time after school practicing Capoeira. Regular training taught her something very important. It gave her the skill of holding back; looking at the bigger picture and learning from it. Although she’s still a very forward teenager, she’s learned to apply a little more logic to her actions.

Character’s History: Rori was born in Athlone, Ireland with her step-mother Annamaria and her father Richard. By the time Rori was two years old, her parents went back to their old habit of moving from country to country, studying interesting geological sites. When Rori was twelve, she got sick of moving around, she was only ever able to stay in Athlone for a few months at a time. It was then, that she decided to would move in with her grandparents in America. They didn’t like it, but her parents allowed the move anyway. As soon as she got into town Rori enrolled into Capoeira lessons mostly so she’d have an excuse not to attend after-school activities. She followed this plan every year until she was sixteen when she was no longer able to keep studying Capoeira at the same level, and she couldn’t afford the next level classes.

Morphs: Amur Tiger
Cheetah
Eastern Woolly Lemur
Ferret.

Spoiler:
The drawing is a little crappy, but it was just supposed to help me decide how she should look, the eyes didn't come out nearly as bight as they should have been.

New Animorphs: The first night (OOC: Closed) 5luux2
Corsenna
Corsenna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next