FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy.

+3
Kalon Ordona II
Gadreille
Savannah
7 posters

Go down

Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy. Empty Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy.

Post by Savannah Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

‘lo everyone, you can call me Savannah. First off, Happy New Year! It’s another shiny fresh start and I just happened to have the good fortune of coming across this site and wouldn’t you know, it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for in a role-playing community. You all seem so interesting and intelligent…it’s just….so….beautiful. *sniff*

So about myself, can’t forget that part eh. Hm, well I suppose I’ve led a rather strange life up to this point. I’m learned but not educated, I dropped out of high school and just never went back. I did some traveling outside my native Canada looking for that elusive ‘ideal life’ but circumstances have put that on hold. In the meantime I’m back in the snowy north as a certified internet junkie and live-in nanny for two kids.

I’ve always been drawn to role-playing and as far back as I can remember I wanted to be in the books I read. There was much joking in my family about how I could ignore bombs going off so long as I had my head between pages. I don't have really have favorite authors per se, as my book collection is more than a little eclectic. I have everything from Stephen Kings The Stand to the Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh.

I also dabble in the arts, surprise no? I paint (though nothing recent to speak of) and I also do work in Photoshop, mainly for my own amusement but I’ve been known to take a commission or two if the idea is really creative or inspires me as such. I used to dance as well, tap jazz and ballet, lessons stopped eons ago though, now I just do it for fun. Yoga is also an entertaining pastime. Damn you tree pose and your fickle ways!

….where was I again? Oh well I think that’s the pertinent stuff. Y’know, literate and quirky would probably sum up pretty well.

I’m really looking forward to sinking my teeth (and characters) into some role-play with you guys.
Very Happy
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy. Empty Re: Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy.

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:56 pm

You are quite a character! Welcome to FOG, literate and quirky is the essence of this place and I'm sure you will fit in quite nicely Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy. Empty Re: Intro time! Mind that first step, it's a doozy.

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I hearty welcome, I say to you, most yes of much in niceness of yay. ^^
(sorry... don't know where that came from or what it means....)

Welcome to the FOG, Savannah! As Ryona pointed out, we're all a bit quirky around here. But eliteracy is the mainstay of our conglomeration--if those words make sense.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing and characters! And artwork! cheers You must show us some! ^^

Please have a look 'round. There is a lot to do and see. Very Happy Role-plays abound, and will be doing so even more now that the holidays are winding down. Have fun and be free with questions. Anyone here (or rather, everyone here) will be delighted to answer and explain, in all accuracy and quirkiness, the inner workings of our humble home. ^^

Enjoy the swirly mists! Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean, that first step is quite a doozy. In fact, I missed it coming in today and fell on the ground in a bloody heap.

I'm okay now though, so welcome to FOG.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll be sure to start posting as soon as I settle in, there is indeed a lot to see and do. Very Happy

I'm currently working on some new artwork, unfortunately I have nothing to show right now. My collection of older work is mia because of laptop failure (dropping it can have that effect -.-' ). I'm working hard on figuring out how if at all I can get the images of the old hard drive. Wish me luck!

Glad you're okay Ragter, lol. I'd hate to have battered members littered all over the thread.
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am

Yes, the high level of intelligence and overall epicness of this forum has nearly moved me to tears on a number of occasions. Believe me, it never gets old.

Welcome to FOG! I've no doubt you will enjoy your stay and find some good RPs that suit your fancy ^_^

And now...your Welcome to FOG dance party! Boogie Boogie Boogie
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 am

Wee a welcome dance party! Thank you! Well now I just feel all warm n' fuzzy.

I'm relieved that this level of epicness still exists....it can get a bit dicey between reality tv and...well...reality. Razz
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Welcome to FoG, Savannah. It's good to see another friendly face. I'm surprised and pleased that so many awesome people joined while I was away on vacation.

I hope you enjoy your stay. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Ahh late reply ~ but thank you! Awesome people FTW. hehe. ^.^'
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 am

Welcome to FoG! I am sure if you like writing you will fit right in here. I hope you enjoy you're stay and I look forward to RPing with you.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks! And likewise Very Happy
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down