FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

2 posters

Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:39 am

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Book_by_draw_your_dreams

and Surviving the Experience. By Valerie Austen.

There are three main things to keep in mind before and after you spend the night with any supernatural being.

One
Don't get attached.

It is important to always keep in mind both during the encounter and after that your supernatural sex god does not give a shit about you. Once they have gotten what they want they will dump you and they will not come back. It's also important to remember that tomorrow they will have moved on to something prettier, skinnier and even more dim-witted than you. This leads on to our next point.

Two
Don't flatter yourself.

If you seriously think that your supernatural being chose you because you were different, or unique - go jump out of your window and see whether they catch you. There is no fairytale ending, they won't save you; in fact they'd probably poke at your corpse with a stick and laugh. Got it? Good.

Three
Don't fall for it again.

Underneath all of the glamour and lies it is quite possible that your supernatural being is something as ugly as an ogre or could even be a different sex than you'd imagined. Yes, they can do that. You could be a homosexual without even knowing it. Or, if you already swing that way, you too could be deceived. And don't even get me started on all of the diseases they carry.

What I'm trying to say is, no matter how amazing the night may have been, or how hard it is to resist the urge to try it again you need to come to your senses. Stay away from dark alleys, punch anyone who speaks as though they're from a different time period and don't wander into the woods alone. Okay? Alright.

So basically this OnexOne is going to be about what happens after a one night stand between Valerie and a supernatural being. (you can choose. Vampire, faerie, anything that's able to use glamour)

She's a hotshot journalist with the world at her feet, engaged to the love of her life at only 22. Things couldn't have been better. Until she found out that he was cheating on her.

Seeing her distress, a close friend drags her out for a night on the town to take her mind off of things. That's where it got really bad. Everything blurred together after she saw him. It didn't bode well for her that she already had a reasonable amount of alcohol in her system. Even so, she would have been no match.

The next morning she wakes, disorientated and alone in her apartment. She can't recall anything that happened, or how she got back here. Her eyes wander to the floor and widen when she sees her clothes strewn across the carpet. The covers on the other side of her bed were thrown back, as though someone else had been in bed with her. It was then that she noticed the butt of a cigarette sitting in the bottom of an empty glass on the bedside table. Her stomach clenched and she disappeared into the bathroom.

You would be playing the supernatural being, obviously. Though he does not know it - not yet anyway - the woman he last slept with was not just another broad. He once fell in love with a woman, but she died, and he kept living. Ever since he's suppressed the pain and slept with anyone that looked even the slightest bit like her. Who would look more familiar than her great grandaughter? (aka Valerie).

He does a little research, finds out who she really is and takes an interest in her. This doesn't impress her at all. Especially when it develops into something almost like obsession. And I guess we'd see how it went from there on.

It'd commence the morning after they sleep together and would be a modern fantasy type roleplay. I'll just add that I'm not willing to write sex scenes. A little foreplay is okay, but as soon as their clothes come off that's basically it. Please be prepared to play more than one character. As I'd love to add in a friend of his, possibly one of hers, and then of course there's Valerie's fiancée and 'the other girl' (who, by the way, is also a supernatural being).

I'm willing to listen to any of your suggestions and I'll even tweak things if you think you've got a better idea. Don't be shy. Aww

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm aiming for this to be a long-term roleplay. So please, think before you commit. I really hate it when one of my ideas die. It's such a waste. Also, it'd be nice if you could respond once every one-two days. Although, if your posts are something I can really sink my teeth into I won't mind if you take a little longer.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty Re: A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 pm

I am interested. Sounds like fun.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty Re: A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey there Hermes. I'm glad someone is interested.

I usually like to suss my partners out, so I've read through some of your stuff. Sorry if that's creepy. I'm a bit of a snoop.

Anyway, I love your writing style, but the actual length of your posts is a little shorter than what I usually like. I do however, think you could easily improve on that if you wanted to, which it looks like you do.

I am currently striving to make longer and more detailed posts and to improve my technique.

You said that. Aww

So if you think you can keep up, I'd love to play this one out with you. I usually write at least 600 words per post and up to 900 at times. That doesn't mean I expect the same from you, but over time it'd be great if I could somehow help you get that word count up.

I hope I don't sound condescending or anything. If I do, I'm sorry.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:39 am

I hope I don't sound condescending or anything. If I do, I'm sorry.

No, it's not. I am here to improve and challenge myself more.

If you'll have me, I'd love to do this role-play and see how big of a post I can consistently make.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:43 am

Woohoo! It's a deal then. High Five

I'll go make an OOC thread for us to discuss further. As soon as it's up I'll post the link in here.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 am

Here we go:

OOC Thread
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down