FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual one on one?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Casual one on one? Empty Casual one on one?

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:05 pm

So...none of the roleplays I am in are currently active, and I was wondering if anyone would be up for a one by one with me? By casual, I mean that the posts do not have to meet advanced requirement, and that if short hiatus' are needed by either writer, they are perfectly acceptable. I really want an RP that won't die if I have to take a short break (by short I mean less than a week).

I'm aiming for something fantasy, dragons, mermaids, centaurs, something like that. I guess the kind of fantasy you think about when you are a kid. I don't mind romance but it is not required if that isn't your thing. Anyone interested?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Casual one on one? Empty Re: Casual one on one?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Possibly. As long as you don't mind a week long absence over christmas break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Not at all. I seriously doubt I'll even be on!

If you are interested, do you have any plot ideas? I've been sitting around looking for an interest check that I'm into, but haven't come across one...that's why I have no details yet.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Well I had the idea for an RP rattling around that was high fantasy. But instead of playing the heroes the players play the villains.

It would be the reverse of a standard type RP in which the hero comes after a defeats the villain. Instead you would have the great epic struggle of the hero to reach the villains, only to have the villains and their minions win.

The idea would be that the players by playing the villains more than the heroes would be able to enjoy playing the other side. The not so heroic save everyone side. Instead you can play the destroy all humans villain if you want.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

I think that sounds like a grand idea. One of my first role plays I had the character of an assassin Very Happy I'm going to crawl off to dinner right now and mull this idea over in my head for a bit, but I'm definitely for it. Do you have any details you are sure about? You are more than welcome to take the reins of this project since it was your original idea.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 pm

Well as for things I am certain off is that there would be an association of sorts of villains. A sort of organization presided over by the head villain or the Evil overlord of the Shadowlands or something. The important thing about him is that he is a very big very powerful bad guy who all the other evil doers respect. He then is somehow killed off.

No one knows who killed the Darklord, and with the Darklords death the evil empire begins to crumble. The subject territories see new heros begin to rise to fight the evil rulers.

This is where our story would begin. We would play as some of the lieutenants of the darklord. Powerful villains of whatever stripe we wish to make them.

What we do after that I am not sure of.

Any suggestions yourself? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Well, I love dragons, and I usually make them 'good'...it would be interesting to see evil dragons up close and personal. My character doesn't have to be a dragon or anything, just have a close relationship with them.

Am I to assume that evil has reigned supreme over a fair amount of time? Perhaps the big guy was somehow overthrown by one of his minions, and the rest of the 'evil' is trying to figure out who did it, as well as fight off the 'good'.

That's all I have for now...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:39 am

I suppose we could have an evil dragon rider or something. That would be interesting.

Yes 'evil' would have reigned supreme for quite a while over the world. About a hundred years or so and that Darklord was the one who bound the legions of darkness into an actual fighting force. I think that it makes sense for it to have been one of his own minions who somehow overthrew him. That minion overthrew him hoping to gain the throne and failed to understand that with the Darklords death the empire would begin to crumble.

Our characters i guess would have been high up in the hierarchy of 'evil', Perhaps we would have been members of the echelon directly below the Darklord. His advisors and trusted friends or at least as close to trusted friends as villains could get.

I figure that with the Darklords death the various lesser lords of evil would fracture and begin to fight amongst themselves for who would succeed the Darklord. Here though is where I get a little shaky. Would it be better in your opinion for our characters to start out on the same side within the 'evil' group or would it be better for them in the beginning to be more hostile to the other each at first assuming the other may have been the one who caused all this madness?

As for the Heros I think they would probably be of the epic adventurer type. The classic atypical heros and there would be a bunch of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:13 pm

I vote we start on opposite sides. Or at least neutral sides who do not trust each other.

I have a question. For the 'evil' side, are we going for ultimate evil with no reason or justification? Or is it going to be a bit more complex than that? Like, one of those stories when you aren't sure who is truly 'evil' and who is truly 'good'?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:39 pm

I think we should go with the 'evil' side as being a mixture. Some of them would be more evil evil and others more grey evil, or more justified evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Cool, sounds good. Is there anything else we should discuss? Are you going to put up the OOC since this is your idea, or would you like me to do it?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:26 pm

If it is alright with you I would prefer that you do it in this case.

I have a bunch of stuff to take care off today.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Alright, I'm assuming you don't care what the world is like or named or anything like that? I'll cook up a background and maybe a beginning post. Not sure yet.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:00 pm

I am not the best at coming up with the details of the worlds. You are free to make that as detailed as you want. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Ok Smile This will be fun!

What about species? Do you want to be human? I figured that there would be different clans of evil, I will be a dragon rider. You can be whatever you want, dragonrider or otherwise.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

As for species, make as many as you want to but leave some flexibility. There are a few of my own that I plan to incorporate in as well.

Also don't make the Darklord who dies. I have a plan for that specifically.

I guess when we are ready to begin we will have a setting post, then we have a few posts of everyday evil stuff. After that I post the discovery that the Darklord is no more. I wouldn't be posting my character doing that, just using a NPC.

To answer the other question. I don't think I want to use a regular human. But maybe something that was once human or something all together different. I haven't decided yet. As for the Dragon riders I think they would be up to you to figure out as I know everyone has different views on that subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Here is what I have so far, it is in storytelling format, and there is actually very little detail so far, but I was having trouble coming up with stuff (mostly because of all the NOISE NOISE NOISE)

What do you think?

While the Dark Lord reigned supreme, there was peace over the land.

At least, there was peace so long as you followed His command. Over the hundred years of his reign, the land grew darker, wilder, and only He truly knew of the darkness that lived in the darkest corners of the forest and the deepest bowels of the mountains. But as long as His bidding was done, there was nothing to fear from the darkness.

And so the world turned to the Dark Lord, and He changed the world until it became what He had always wanted it to be. Darkness controlled the entire land mass, from the western rocky mountains where His tower dwelled, across the mangled forests of the middle lands, to the beaches that lined the seas to the Far East. Many of the heroes of old who died cursed the Dark Lord, saying that His world would not come without turmoil, but they were wrong. His world was a successful one, a single land of united clans with He at the top of the chain of command.

Living amongst the rocky mountains was a group of His followers who were quite a special creation. The people who had lived there for generations before Him had been small bands of mountain folk called the Agosian. These people had the intelligence and capability to become a civilization, except for one major problem: the wild dragons who nested in the same area. Though the dragons were few, it only took one to destroy an entire tribe of Agosian, and so these bands of people realized that their suvival depended upon their scarcity.

The Dark Lord seized this opportunity by giving the Agosian the power to bond with, control and promote breeding of these dragons. This power, a union between the two races, gave birth to a new one: The Dragon Riders. Now these riders control the border of the mountains, protecting the Tower of the Dark Lord which was hidden deep within the range.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Nice. And a good explanation for the dragon riders.

A question though. What are the Angosians?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 pm

They are just a made up name for the group of tribes of mountain folk. Technically, the Dragon Riders are the Agosians.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Ahh ok.

I am having to go to bed now but what you have looks like a great start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:47 am

Yea I did a bunch of xmas stuff and I'm beat. I will post up a character sheet tomorrow, and whenever you want you can post your thing about the dark lord. I want to keep the beginning simple so we can create the world together rather than me just make up a bunch of shit now that means nothing to you.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm

I may write up the Darklord's sheet today so that we have it for a reference.

Do you think we need a sheet for him or do you think he can be a sort of vague immensely powerful being that no one has any idea of what happened to him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I think vague is fine Smile I mean, either way works but I don't mind not having one. I just need a sheet for my own character(s). Say, how many "heroes" are we goin to have? I imagine they wont be introduced until later?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm

As for number of heroes I am not sure yet. And they probably would be introduced a while into the thread.

After the various evil factions begin to fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Sorry, I was so busy today. I hope this slow pace isn't driving you nuts! I'll get my character up tomorrow morning!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 pm

No problem Smile

I should have my sheet up some time tomorrow for my actual character.

Do you have any ideas for evil races and creatures we should incorporate into the world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Well I imagined that our little world is made of three parts: the mountainous region in the west, mangled forests in the middle, and desert lining the sea in the east.

Mountains:
trolls, maybe some balrogs in volcanic regions, perhaps evil faun or goat like creatures?
Forests:
giant spiders, orcish beings, etc....
Desert sea: Have you played D2? If so, I was thinking the monsters of Lut Golein would be a good place to start. No mummies or anything, but the giant bugs, cat creatures, and evil jumpy sand creatures...

Actually, I have 3 monster manuals at my parents house. I will try and pick them up tomorrow and look for actual names to these creatures i'm imagining.

edit: Dark elves would be awesome to, as well as the creatures you were wanting to throw in.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Dark elves are fine.

So are the other things you talked about. Though I personally am not a fan of the Trolls.

Finding the names of the creatures would be useful as well. Some creatures I had planned to add include the nether wraiths and a few others such as the Sliren and the fallen ones.

I am assuming there would be a common background of humans as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

yea I had just mentioned the tribes of the higher mountains but there can be lower mountain folk who are not dragon riders, as well as other humans across the globe who perhaps were given different gifts from the dark lord to be special in their own way. Not sure what yet, but just a thought.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Some probably were given gifts. The majority of the humans are probably normal people. That would be where the bulk of the heros came from. The regular humans and the few remaining uncorrupted elves ect.

As for the clans or groups of evil I think they would be race based for the most part. Perhaps some of the clans have more than one faction within them.

The other Idea I was thinking was that the actual evil creatures would be outnumbered vastly by the common humans. The slave people to the rest of the worlds inhabitants. What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next