FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern [OOC]

+4
Count
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Delve
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern [OOC] Empty Ricochet: Traveling Tavern [OOC]

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Ricochet was created as a home by Zircon and Opal Kyanite who were once powerful Djinn. After the birth of their twin daughters Citrine and Amethyst their home was transformed into a tavern to provide them with riches and advance their use of magic. The Tavern consists of three floors, the first being the main establishment, the second consistng of an infinite number of rooms for guests, and the third is an entire bedroom redesigned by the sisters upon taking ownership of the massive vessel. Its exterior is a vertical fortress that floats over fifty feet from the ground. Ricochet's course is fully controlled by the sisters magical prowess and traverses through multiple dimensions across countless worlds allowing for all kinds of patrons. Another access to the tavern is through gold plated business cards that are embedded with precious gem stones that corresponded to the numbers 1221123. The gem stones are rubbed in the same order which summons a door before the patron that leads to the tavern’s main entrance. Consequently if the order is done incorrectly a false door appears and if opened a creature from the nether world is drawn forth.

Upon entering the tavern the wonderful sound of a harp fills the room which emanates from the corner of the tavern situated under a chandelier of candles, magically playing different songs on its own. The majority of the architecture is oak wood engraved with runes of several colors across the walls, floors, and rafters. Ten round tables that seat six surround the main entrance and along the wall lies a deep green tapestry with gold embroidery that leads to the bar at the farthest wall from the entrance. The shelves behind the bar are filled with colorful bottles of different shapes which mainly serve as a chemistry set for Citrine when concocting new alcoholic drinks. Adjacent to the bar is a set of stairs leading down into the cellar, which is filled with wine barrels and food that is primarily used by enchanted silverware when preparing meals on a full kitchen; the aromas of wine, cheese, and cooked meals would entice anyone who draws near the cellar.

The services provided are drink, food, and board for high paying customers. Transactions are processed through bartering precious items, which are usually personal items or of high value with an extended history. The silverware which bears the same runes as the majority of the tavern correspond to paying customers by serving them endless food and drink until requested to stop; the furniture corresponds the same way such as chairs pulling themselves out from the table to be seated on or the brooms and mops cleaning up messes.

When a room is bartered a unique gold key is given for the door at the top of the stairs behind the bar. Each key corresponds to its own room, and upon inserting the key to the door it instantly changes to the customer's ideal room; which can only be accessed by one key. The same door is used for all the rooms and never repeats, the possibilities are boundless. Anyone who opens the door without a key will only find a brick wall behind the door.

In the instance that bar fight breaks out, the patrons involved are automatically transported into a different plane of existence, where the winner earns a special item in the Kyanite sister's collection and the loser is sent to the nether world.

Rules:
  1. Hybrid style role-playing: Little to no modding of other characters and keeping actions open ended for other players.
  2. Proper portrayal of other characters based on character sheets or player given information. (If you’re not sure PM, or contact them for that info.)
  3. Proper respect to all role-players involved.
  4. No Time lapsing: Double posting or posting after a new post from other players preventing them from responding to an action by disrupting the order.
  5. No metagaming: Using ooc-based knowledge ic-wise even with full written explanation.
  6. No alterations or damage to the tavern period.
  7. Singular player room activity that becomes excessive must be continued into a writing journal.
  8. Your character’s location must be indicated in the subject line of your post to aid new players. (i.e. Bar, Cellar, Room, Arena etc.)

Failure to follow these rules will result in changing your post or deletion from the rp. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or PM.

Character biography's are not required to participate but it is highly encouraged to provide one and you can post or link to your character bio here.

If you are unsure what item your character can barter, feel free to ask here or PM me. Of course your character can always attempt to barter something that wouldn't be acceptable for fun, but your character will not receive the services until an item is properly bartered.

Anyone can join this rp anytime the matrons of Ricochet are magical beings that serve every new patron that enters their tavern.

The posting order is not critical since this is a casual rpg, however, if your character is interacting with someone's character you must wait for the person to respond based on how much interacting is done. (If you need help with this feel free to private message me and I can recommend what to write). You are not required to wait for others to respond to your post but its recommended that you inform everyone involved what you plan to do in character-wise if you decide to post again. (For Example: Count's character "Cyquen" is bartering a deal with "Citrine" Raspeyer's character. Raspeyer is taking a bit longer to respond because she has a cold and has not responded. Count is advised to wait until she reponds but he can always post again and have Cyquen speak to Amethyst or any other patron by having Cyquen say something along the lines of "I will let you think about the terms, excuse me for a moment." etc. This way its left open ended and Raspeyer can respond with those last remarks and explain why Citrine did not respond to Cyquen right away.)

Participating IC-Players:

Pending Players:

• Undisputed
  • Mandy
  • Jiea

Last edited by Delve on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern [OOC] Empty Re: Ricochet: Traveling Tavern [OOC]

Post by Sólrökr Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

So. When do we start?
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm working on it. <3

Just as an FYI my intro is going to be long just to describe the minor details of Ricochet. However, my posts wont be as long after my intro.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:55 pm

No worries. The drive is starting to boil is all.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Em, I wanna see your intro before you post it up so I can sync my intro with yours.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 pm

^_^ Wait for moi!

Name: Cyquen
Class: Entitled Summoner

Appearance: Cyquen stands at about six foot three, with a casual blue shirt and baggy shorts or pants, depending on the weather. His eyes are a stormy teal, combining the icy quality of blue with the force of green, and his hair is a dirty blond, somehow unkempt and tidy at the same time.

Summons: Cyquen is capable of summoning his creatures by using the power of the stars to implant his own life force into an energy entity and cause it to take solid, predetermined form. One Summon, he can control with no problem. Two Summons require most of his energy, Three Summons leave him with limited mobility, and four Summons requires all of his concentration and power.

Kyrian: The Light summon. Kyrian is seven feet in height, including his head. He is surrounded by a warm golden aura. This summon's appearance is basically a white cloth robe, surrounded in shimmering gold. Above the neck of the robe is a floating shape reminiscient of a sun, complete with rays. Kyrian's eyes are semicircles with the bottom cut off, making him look friendly or happy, and he has no mouth.

Kyrian can summon up light blades to fight. He has seven special techniques, most of which I hope will be unveiled as the RP progresses. (This detail goes for all the others, too)

Stygian: Stygian is the Dark summon. The polar opposite of Kyrian, his form is that of a black tuxedo, surrounded by a misty gray aura. Above the neck of the tuxedo is a head much like Kyrian's, though his eyes are semicircles with the tops cut off, making him look disinterested or sinister.

As with Kyrian, his sleeves are empty, but he can project disproportionately large claws out of them (as opposed to blades) to fight.

Esuni is an Ice Dragon. She takes on the form of a sea dragon, with special tendrils all over her body and wings that will freeze what they touch. She can fly and move with startling speed and agility, but she feels disdain for most fights, especially those with unworthy opponents, and usually resorts to ferrying Cyquen around on her back to protect him from harm. As such, her seven-skill reportoire is mainly composed of defensive abilities, but the offensive ones are quite powerful and to be avoided.

Calcuscan, the Elusive Machine summon. He doesn't come out much, but when he does, his fighting style is shifting and deadly. You will rarely fight the same Calcuscan more than once Wink

This character is from an RP on another site that never really took off. While I'm waiting for the host and hostess to re-create it, I figure I should get some practice with techniques and strategy when fighting with this character.

Oh, and one thing about the fighting that I was meaning to ask. Delve, is the "Nether Realm" thing entirely optional? Meaning, do both opponents have to agree to having such a high-stakes match? Because if that's not the case, then there could be problems. Bar fight to the death? Really?

How about the loser is transported to their room instead? Because then, if the loser is not a paying customer, you still get your Nether Realm thing XD
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:14 am

Are you going to pick a fight already? Haha. If you lose you get ported to the nether realm regardless but if you book a room you can always create a door there that leads to your room with the key or just use the tavern's business card to arrive at the tavern once more.

Only because a player loses a match does not entitle a character death, its not that serious. Besides its not easy to kill characters without drawing out a consensus between players involved in the fight that death is the only outcome.

Does that answer you question?

Anyway the RP is up!

Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Very Happy Okay, that helps.

Annoying question - away! Should the intro include whatever I bartered? I'm not planning to post for a while, but it would be nice to know. Smile
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

You can include what you bartered only if you already 'checked in', just make it awesome and give it a nice description of said item. Your intro will come from your room and you must describe said room to keep it interesting and come down the stairs behind the bar.

Otherwise you will need to barter the item ic-wise and check in if you're establishing your character as a new patron. When you write your intro describe what world your character is from as you come into the door, since it will appear behind you like I did in the last paragraph of my post.

Everyone is free to come into the rp how they wish to! Its casual rp and the plot line will develop among everyone's creativity! Yay.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Hopefully that's acceptable. I'll mend anything if it's off.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 am

Blow me away! Your writing is amazing!

Just two minor things Sol,

Dusting her hands the apron disappeared and her hands were clean of oil and dust from the repair.

You mentioned my character was wearing an apron but she is not anymore.

Everyone else needs to edit the subject line of their posts to their location. So you can change it to 'Tavern Lobby' instead of 're: ricochet etc' so that everyone knows off hand where the characters are in the world.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Double-fixed. Thanks. For some reason I glossed over that part.

Thank you for the compliment as well.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Working on a post...'twill be up today, if all goes according to the plan.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 am

Alright, cool. I will wait for you to post.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 am

Count wrote:Working on a post...'twill be up today, if all goes according to the plan.

*Looks at post time stamp, looks at thread, back at time stamp* Good post, Count, good post. :lol:
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:56 am

TT_TT Don't rush a sick man. The post is about three-quarters of the way done, but yesterday I was busy feeding poodles and sneezing violently. If it's not up today, you may post without me.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Just two things that need to be changed Count.

First, your character would only see the door open and close if he was inside the tavern but he's outside and to him it never opened because that would mean your character would need to be in multiple worlds at once like Ricochet. So I advise to remove that part.

Second, you forgot to change the subject line of your post! We need to get use to changing it now before this rp becomes long. lol

I will work on my post today.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:59 pm

When should I consider it "my turn"? After Rasp or...? Sorry, rules are a little hazy to me.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:09 pm

First, your character would only see the door open and close if he was inside the tavern, but he's outside, so to him it never opened because that would mean your character would need to be in multiple worlds at once like Ricochet. So I advise to remove that part.
That part is a little iffy, isn't it? I'll go fix both of those things.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Its one of those things that you have to justify ic-wise.

I will post next, the posting order changes with every intro and based on action ic-wise. I will have Amethyst speak to both characters and probably direct one towards her twin.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

sorry for the silence after i said i was interested! Been gone and busy and all Sad Will put out character sheet and make my first post IC asap!
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh...I just posted. Is that alright? Cyquen tends to blather on sometimes, and he likes to show off, too.

It's no biggie if you'd like for me to just save it and post it sometime later, because Word is magical. I did post before reading the actual OOC, after all.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Let me know if you need any help, Undisputed.

Its alright, Count. Just wait for Raspeyer. I am waiting for Sol to post. Also, sorry for the confusion I missed the part where your character had walked up to the bar counter, so I changed my post so that my character walked up to the counter and spoke to you for continuity sake, but I also noticed that you have your character in the foyer again. LOL you can change it back to the bar which is what you had in your first post--sorry! Sol pointed it out to me just now.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Count wrote:TT_TT Don't rush a sick man. The post is about three-quarters of the way done, but yesterday I was busy feeding poodles and sneezing violently. If it's not up today, you may post without me.

Haha, I was just kidding. After I posted that I was a little worried you might think I was being a heckler. :> Gotta keep you all on your toes.

Undisputed wrote:sorry for the silence after i said i was interested! Been gone and busy and all :( Will put out character sheet and make my first post IC asap!

It's cool and you don't have to post the character sheet in here, you can put it in the character thread.

I'll be posting up right now, get ready to be memorized ooooh yeah.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm

No, I don't want the pretty thing that was built off of memories, hopes and dreams and a ton of luck. I want shoes instead. I'm beginning to suspect that these djinni have slightly sinister motives for my footwear.

I don't think I brought a spare, though. Do you sell shoes here at Ricochet?
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, Citrine could make you some but they would probably have side effects. Like in that story the red shoes where the girl dances until she dies...Kekeke. You could imbue the trinket with a summon, that'd be pretty cool. The Djinn like things with a history since they can conjure up items themselves.

Also, Delve is working on her post now so wait for it. Wait for iiiiiit....
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Count wrote:...

No, I don't want the pretty thing that was built off of memories, hopes and dreams and a ton of luck. I want shoes instead. I'm beginning to suspect that these djinni have slightly sinister motives for my footwear.

If it completely removed your character's luck permanently maybe.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey all.

Thanks for letting me join in. I will be gone this weekend but I will post my character and make an IC post by Sunday if all goes well!

Looking forward to it!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Great. No need to rush we just started so you have time. Smile
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 pm

That doesn't mean that no one should post. <_< Go go go!

Think I need to join another RP so I have something to do while I wait. Haha.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next