FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Casual Feel

2 posters

Go down

A Casual Feel Empty A Casual Feel

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:38 pm

What I was thinking.

The world just went from a technological age, and its the turning of the wheel. The world will undergo a near instant metamorphosis. Where technology was dominant, now is magic. Those that were powerful in the prior world are not necessarily so in the next. The transformation was seamless and no one recalls the prior world. Magic is separated in domains of color. Most people have domain over only one color, and the most powerful can use two.

Enter a protagonist. They retained an inkling that the world has changed, or that the world isn't as it should be. Along with the companion, they set out right the wrongs that this new world has created. For those that seized power have remained in power, and there is no knowable way to solve this. No one has the experience needed to handle the effort of ending this tyranny.

There are five factors that rule the land. And its time to either make them change their ways, or kill them in the process. Using a healthy amount of tactics, wit, luck and magic, the land can be restored to a semblance of balance.

What I want:
No cliche's. Black does not mean darkness or evil or bla bla bla. Nor should there be emo children or chivalrous heros. I want to see humans, not stereotypes. No mary sues, no dark destroyers, I want life, not twisted memories. Nor do I want to see random monolithic people out of nowhere, or a list of achievements a mile high.

Also: your characters shouldn't be influenced by you more than you need to play them. I want to my character to interact with their character, not to have a bout of possession sue.

Lastly of all, I want a collaboration, not a collection of short stories-- cooperation, not monologues. If you want to write a wall of text... well, that's basically a fanfiction. Especially flowery and descriptive writing where not necessary only detracts from the feeling of cooperation. The writing should flow from one post to another, not be jilted around. The feeling shouldn't be halted to describe the flowers falling for three lines. Prose suggests statements, not poetry, and less is more, vehemently so.

Lots of negatives no?

But I do want to see real people. I want to feel real moments. I don't mind some romance, but it shouldn't be to the level of obsession or blushing every other moment. Yes, i'm a bit picky. Character interaction would be the main thing I suppose.

But lastly, this doesn't have to be obsessive. Once per week is a good feel for pace.

Say if you are interested.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

A Casual Feel Empty Re: A Casual Feel

Post by Shekinah Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah, sure, I want to try this Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Coolio. Which character would you like to be? Protagonist or Supplimentary? And what gender roles do you want?

I'm pretty ambivalent.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 am

I'd like to be a female protagonist I think Very Happy Let's try a female again, hahaha.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 pm

What gender does thou want me to be?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

Ah sorry for not replying! I didn't receive an e-mail saying that you posted here...

Well, whatever you want really Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 pm

I think I should have a fem also for the lulz ^^

Anything else we need to discuss here before the ooc thread?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 am

I don't know, I've got no questions whatsoever, but maybe there's something you feel you need to tell me Wink Otherwise no, I guess not.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:34 am

bada-boom, bada-dink

Here you go: This be the link

The ooc Surprised
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:29 am

Awesome Very Happy I'll post in it/check it/whatever it this afternoon when I have some more time Very Happy
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:03 am

Ok, I checked out your OOC and I saw you weren't finished yet. So I take it that what you posted there is an intro post to the purpose and plot of the rp?

And do you need me to create a char sheet? Or just in other words: what are you going to add? Very Happy Hahaha.

But, I'm very excited to start this. And also: if I'm correct, the world has shifted from a technological one to a magic one, but are there still some technological things left for us to find and/or even use? Or is there no technology left at all?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:23 pm

the most technology the world would have, is simple systems (like pulleys).

its a kinda Renaissance world.

and imma finish up the five factors, giving them names, locations of residence, and information about their activities and other tings as well.

you can make a character sheet if you want ^^

although I was thinking you'd be able to find a semi-advanced calculator from the past, as a hint to as the world was wrong.

and the rest you can post in the ooc thread Surprised

its the thread for discussing the rp, any questions and qualms you can put there.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down