FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open]

+5
Ethereal
Regicidal
Gadreille
Mustakrakish
Eternity
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open]

Post by Eternity Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open]

Post by quakernuts Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm thinking with that whole gang confrontation thing, that can be arranged...
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Quaker, as I"m going to assume the NPC's of the gang are yours... do you mind if they die? Or was that part of the plan all along?
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Was wondering about that too since we're probably gonna clash sometime or the other. Smile
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

I knew that would be one of the questions here.

Yeah, you can kill them, but not all, and not like their sheep for the slaughter. They may be gang bangers, but Nero runs a pretty tight ship, that and their armed with anti-tank weapons as well. I realize that you guys are pretty much superhuman, but don't put in your post that you jumped into the middle of the crowd and killed forty with one swipe of your blade. That's all I ask. Thanks for asking me first though! Very Happy
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Verin may be a rush-in guy... But he's tactful.

And I wasn't planning on doing that..
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 pm

That's a good point.

We're Alchemist Vigilantes, we are not superhuman. You can create things using alchemy. You do not have the ability to punch holes through walls or jump fifty feet in one spring.

I don't want anyone abusing power, because it's early, and we will be gaining power in the story. I like the idea of Nero possibly becoming like an ''ally'' of the Crux later in the storyline, after some confrontation with them.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Reg: I wasn't saying you were man, I was simply being cautious. It gets easy to forget the boundaries so I was just planning ahead and making that reminder. I didn't mean to offend you at all...

Eternity: More like 'forced teammate' but yeah, I think it should be interesting.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I do have a question that I probably should have asked before we all got started, but how exactly does alchemy work in this story? Can we create things from thin air, or do we have to sit down at a desk with little herbs and such and mix it all together to make something happen? Also, what are the limits of alchemy? You said it can create things, but what else can it do?

Should have had that cleared up before, but better late than never.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 pm

My thought was that, given their experience with alchemy, they could use materials at hand to whip products out quickly, thus being the basis of Verin's baton weapon, slinging bolts of steel via alchemy...

Edit: No no no, Quaker, I wasn't trying to say you'd offended me. Not at all.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 pm

I left it kind of bland, because we're going to gain specific powers and abilities as the story grows. But as of now, I'll explain what alchemy we start off with.

First off, equal exchange. I know, sounds like Fullmetal Alchemist, whatever. It doesn't mean necessarily herbs and stuff: but different methods between different people. But thin air is a no-no. Not yet Wink

So far, we can create objects, no larger than a human and not powerful machines or things that have gears and function without the operation of a human.

Life is not able to be created yet. The greatest feat of their alchemy is their bikes, which are as far as their alchemy goes, and the only exception for machinery construction.

EDIT:

And yeah, the bolts thing I don't mind, as long as it isn't super powerful. Maybe you have something inside of the baton before hand, something that acts as the trading item for the power you gain. What you exchange for the bolts; and thus in battle, you can convert said item into alchemical ''bolts''.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:56 pm

PS> Nero, you can post if you like. Build up to the gang fight if you haven't already posted. (have you posted? I'm beginning to think you have.) Please say 'I' if you have posted. I want everyone to get in an intro post before I continue.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 pm

So in a sense, you sacrifice one item to create another, given that its not living and overly complicated. So you can change say, a fist full of quarters into a crowbar? Stuff like that?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Probably another good example would be a crowbar into bullets for our guns.

EDIT: Got myself a little dose of FMA so Equal Exchange makes sense to me. xD
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah I had planned on the bolts thing being a trade off. In other words he has to 'reload' it after each bolt. But I figured at nearly 800 years old he would be able to do something like sweep it through a metal pipe or something, apply a quick alchemy (because the bolts are by no means complicated) and have another one. Of course, the size of the bolt is limited to the 16" baton.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:17 pm

I did post, but it's not at the gang fight yet.

Would you like me to post again? I could and bring us right to the fight if that's what you would like. I was just making sure everyone had their chance to post before I did such a thing though.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 pm

K I posted. I did it while in class, so if the writing is choppy, words misspelled, and/or I missed dialouge with another character, please tell me and I will edit.

Also, Quakernuts...I tossed meredith in nearby, if you want to collaborate on making her a victim or whatever just PM me. If not, I'll just make her an inquisitive passerby-ish person...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Is there still room for one more for this roleplay?

I would love to try my hand at it.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Name: Aurora Wingates Fairchild III
Race: Alchemist
Born: England
Vigilante Name: Ouranos
Bike Name: Worldshaking
Bike Attribute: Teleportation
Bike Appearance: Originally a small-frame speed motorbike, the massive Worldshaking has been heavily modified with thick steel plates. The head of the cycle is that of a wolf and the motif continues throughout the body of the bike so that it takes the image of a sprinting wolf in hot pursuit. Despite its new long frame, it is capable of tremendous speed and handles with extreme accuracy.
Personality: Born for the hunt, Ouranos may seem cold at first glance. Among companions, however, she is known for extreme sarcasm and cynical joy. While content to work alone, she has found her new companions in the Crux to be an interesting match for her skills. One to act first and ask questions later, she finds a strange satisfaction in toying with her enemies, often giving them a chance to prove themselves in battle before sentencing them. While her free spirit and quick decision making would normally put her at odds with authority, she has a great deal of respect for those she serves, obeying commands to the last letter.
Brief Bio: Born in what is now the United Kingdom during the War of Three Kingdoms, Fairchild was born into a family of mercenaries who had served the Queen of England for centuries. Trained in a black operations unit, she learned the ins and outs of war like the back of her hand. At a young age she witnessed the death of her father on the battlefield and swore that she would find a way to fight her enemies without fear of death. Fairchild learned alchemy, effectively extending her life centuries past her mortal life-span. She led forces under the Crown in both World Wars, but found that her life, though long and youthful, was losing meaning. That’s when she met Angelus and her whole life changed forever.
Weapons: Two elongated slide semi-automatic pistols with .13 mm rounds and 6-shot magazines.
Other: Two samoan dancing knives, imbued with elemental wind; The Thundered, a glaive with the power of thunder and lightning.
Appearance:
Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open] - Page 2 60785

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:17 pm

Sorry Eternity, but the fight has already started. Just thought I should put that out there...
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah I realized too late XD Sorry, I'm on a lot of (prescription!) drugs right now. I plan on fixing the post. Just... *shrugs* probably tonight.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:07 pm

So...are the sign-ups still open? Or am I too late?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 pm

I don't know. I think they are...

/poke Eternity
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:03 pm

I know I came into this one kind of late, but I was really looking forward to it.

Is this role-play still going to happen?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I think I might re-open this once I get done with this semester in school. It kind of just died, and I want to revamp and tinker with the idea a bit more.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 pm

I will be looking forward to it. You make such exciting role-plays.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jackariah Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 am

NAME: Deke Peters
RACE: Alchemist
BORN IN: Ireland

Vigilante Name: Wily
Bike Name: Decanter
Bike Attribute: With richly treaded, durable tires that can absorb the shock of impact and sharp edges and water-proof skin, Decanter is notorious for its adept maneuver with the element water. It can easily glide across the surface of any body of water, but it isn’t ideal for Decanter to cross an ocean, unless mapped on a path hitting all oil rigs and ships on the way. Hydroplaning can occur, but Wily has mastered it. (Decanter is defined as a vessel that pours water.)

Bike Appearance:
--Decanter is a light-weight but useful bike. It has a study, wide and round shape with the handlebars jut at the front, intending the rider to hug around the cushion. The front is illuminated with one powerful headlight glaring red. The skin is an alloy of copper and black jet, with rims of steel. The seat and body-rest was built to mold around the human body, like a memorized press. Decanter is at first glance an unicycle with a copper sheen that looks dangerous to ride, but moves with agility and ease.

Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open] - Page 2 Noah-tandem-bicycle-gallery-02

Personality:
--Deke longs the capability to forgive an old friend, but tends to end up being fueled by hatred. Judgmental and scathing, he doesn’t see himself with a partner any time soon. He can take a beating; he considers it a spiritual shower. He takes refuge and peace in riding the waters every morning. Under the alter-ego of Wily, which aims to empower others, he tries to be as less empathetic as possible and ensures that the message gets across. Always hungry, and a bit rude, but means well in the long-run. Doesn’t trust people and tends to be awkward with gentle souls.

Brief Bio:
--In Ireland, where he attended a small church upon a knell near the sea, Deke studied the basics of alchemy and heavily, Hermetic beliefs. Nearly drunken with ambition to drink the legendary elixir of immortality, Deker learns the cost of betrayal and guilt on his conscience. He has killed many to protect it, and many to use it.

--In Egypt, where he learned many more pearls of wisdom, Deke forged and christened his first Bike, Decanter, and honed the use of its impeccable abilities, and completed his training as part of the arcane fraternity, the Crux.

Weapons:

--TURRETS: From Decanter are two automatic machine guns located under the headlight in front, powered by three-hundred magazines behind the rider. The tips are special and plugs immediately when submerged under water, so it is also capable to shoot beneath.
--HYPE: Also projected from Decanter is a set of of green, high-refined lasers intended to burn through any wall or hulk of rubble that could unexpectedly be in the way.

--CLAWS: Three military, jagged blades sheathed on Deke’s uniform. Fatally sharp and malleable, fit for escaping bound ropes or sawing through hinges, bars, or wires. Accidentally cut off his ring finger once, but it was sewn back on without damage, which shows how impressive their precision can be.

Other:
-BUBBLE: Decanter has a nifty device that warps three feet in radius around the bike into a pocket of air yet the enveloping energy has a gel surface that easily swims through any liquid, except magma. This protects against acid and toxic air, but not bullets. Deker is still experimenting with this technology.

Appearance:
--Deke has a dark, wavy mane and clean, facial fair with thin lips. With a strong, but handsome face, he has a little disarming aura about him. This doesn’t intimidate others, even his enemies. Always wears black, white, and green, and dressy like he’s been going to meetings lately. Tan, muscular, with broad shoulders. Dark hazel eyes that shimmer specks of green in the sun.

Steel Crux OOC [modern/fantasy/unique-open] - Page 2 50862-bigthumbnail

Can I join? :)
jackariah
jackariah
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2