FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 30 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by xraineyesx Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:29 pm

*huggles Fate* I'm so sorry, hon. I hope things get better. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I can't speak for the rest of us, but I'm pretty sure we're all happy to support you.

I feel bad complaining about this now, but I HATE SNOW. UGH. So freakin' much of it, and it's just going to continue coming down. In two days of snow, it was up to people's chests, and it's still failing.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Believe me, I've done my fair share of worrying people, especially my family members, this semester over some emotional issues, so you won't get any judgment from me. I hope you get your issues sorted out soon and that you get some measure of peace out of all of it.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Fate, if we are the only ones who can ever truly understand our own minds, then the answer you seek - if there is one - must be discovered only by you. Of course, that doesn't mean that others can't aid in that discovery, but no one can just give it to you. Life isn't a test. No one is correcting your paper but you. You can only live as you choose as far as the world itself will enable.

In a sense, I understand the sentiment of feeling like you're wasting your life. I feel very similarly, and I have this idea in my head that school will make it better, but once I'm done with school, I'll probably feel the same all over again.

I also know what it's like to have difficulties getting over someone though I'm sure the differences in our past relationships and in ourselves won't allow me to fully comprehend exactly what you're going through. Honestly, the only thing that helped me was time and gaining maturity, insight, and more common sense.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks, you guys.

I feel you are very right, Kathryn, about me being the only one to know my own answers. That's both frightening for me to comprehend and empowering. I'm afraid of messing up and making all the wrong choices, but a wise person once said that if you don't take control of your own life and are the one to make changes, changes will make you. I don't want to be the victim of changes that I had no control over or didn't chose to control. I'd rather make the big choices myself and live with their consequences.

I thought the same too when I was in school (until I realized my degree wasn't what I thought it was).

I think what I need is just time...time to think, time to mature, time to make good decisions that aren't impulsive. I want a good life, and I'm going to try and achieve that as best I can. I never expected it to be easy, but I do hope that it gets less rough in the near future.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Time does not heal all, but it sure helps.

Complaints: I HATE EVERYONE ON THIS FUCKING CAMPUS.

Seriously, I can't stand this right now. I want to go home - or fight someone. Ugh.

I hate when people won't listen to both sides of the story, especially when you have irrefutable proof that they ARE WRONG.

GRR.

People who call yourselves their friend shouldn't believe lies about something they haven't seen and is just heresy and flip out on you.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Fate, whose to say the choices you make will be wrong ones? Personally, I believe that as long as your choices don't hurt others, they can't be wrong. They're just choices. I mean, it's not like you're going to choose to go on a murdering spree or anything... I hope not, anyway. ^o_o^

They're only wrong if you feel that they're wrong.

I think giving yourself time is all you really can do. The healing comes with the growing you'll do during that. =3

Raine, I think time can heal anything if the person is open to allowing it, but I also believe that the deeper "wounds" tend to leave scars.

Some people just really like drama. You can't allow it to get you down. I used to be involved with people ((as friends and whatnot)) who were drama-whores, and only when I was able to detach myself from them did my life calm. Honestly, I also realized that less drama was directed toward me once I removed myself from their influence, too.

I'm still sorry you have to deal with that, though.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Today, I officially took the hardest exam of my entire schooling career. I kid you not, I was in that physiology exam for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT, from 9 AM to 1 PM, and that was supposed to be a three hour exam. I've never taken the full three hours for an exam before, but I guess graduate school really does live up to its name. That test really was as hard as people say it is. I had a bout of insomnia last night and had to take a full dose of Ambien instead of my usual half dose that I use for infrequent insomnia. I was mostly functional despite taking it so late, but I had a physical headache and was shaking by the time I was done with that exam.

Ugh...it's been a long day...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Silvan, I'm sorry that exam was so horrifically difficult. At least you can relax now that it's over!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Unfortunately, I can't take too long to relax. I forced myself to take it easy today, but I have my last exam on Monday. It's cumulative like the one today but covers even more information. *sigh* I just want this all to be over...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm sorry to sound so depressing lately, but in a tiny, barely significant way, typing it out helps.

I'm so tired of crying. Just when I think I've cried enough for so long everyday that my body couldn't even let me cry if I wanted, there come the tears to remind me that my pain is real and endless and cannot be interrupted. I long SO BADLY to make this right and to mend the wound, but it's spilling out and has been open for so long. How can I make it through this without a massive scar? It will be a part of me forever...

I hate what I've done to my life. I threw it away. Now all I want is to have it back. I just want to feel good again. I would spend my days weeping and sobbing as hard as I can if I could, because it's my only bit of release I can get. And it's the only thing I feel like doing...the only thing I can do.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Fate, don't worry about sounding depressed. We all have our problems in life, and we all do this. Writing it out is very therapeutic, I think.

I don't know exactly what happened to make you this way, but if you need someone to talk to, I'll listen.

I hope you feel better soon, dear, and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

*hugs*
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am

Sorry to hear Fate. Sad Hope you do feel better soon.

I do have my own complaint though. I have suffered through a MASSIVE loss of faith in humanity. Last night really couldn't have gotten any worse, short of losing a loved one.

I...just have so much rage right now. And people who know me know, I don't get mad easily. I just make a sarcastic comment laugh it off and let it go. But right now. I don't know, I just feel so much anger that it feels like poison.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 am

Fate, I don't know the circumstances that have brought you so low. But, having suffered a severe blow myself, I can promise you it will get better. It's just the in between part that sucks so bad. Gradually, infitesimally, it improves. It never goes away, but it hurts less. A scar is left, but it reminds us we've lived.

Take strenght from others where offered and prayers from those that will give them. And when it's their turn, you will strengthen them.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:07 am

'Tis better to use the bad things that happen to us, the haunting memories, and the low moments in life as walls to overcome and be stronger for it, rather than allow them to be the dirt slowly shoveled unto a grave from which they reign over you.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Squall, there is a lot out there that will cause one to lose faith in humanity. So much of the things I've seen or heard is just horrible, so bad you think there's no way the world can recover or grow. But it's like the wise people say. The world will change when people change. We change ourselves, then we change those around us, and it spreads from there. But that can only happen if there's some sort of standard for people to rally toward. "Humanity" isn't enough, because every human has a different idea of what's best for humanity. The standard has to be something that's true for everyone. An absolute truth. Find truth, share truth. Truth changes people. And when people change, the world can change. Smile

Anyway, I have a complaint. I usually like rain and rainy seasons, but of late it's been feeling gloomy. Sad Maybe it's the lack of light bulbs at my house... (they're all burning out at once, it seems, for some reason--an exaggeration, perhaps) and we've been in process of getting more. Still, though, the rain's just kinda gettin' me down when it normally doesn't. Maybe I'll spend more time outside. It's better that way. Smile Problem is, it's kinda cold out there. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 am

SNOW! UGH.

Can I complain about it enough? I don't think so! It literally has not stop snowing since I've been home, and it was snowing for a solid week before that.

My boyfriend was dropping me off tonight and his car got stuck in the driveway. (By the way, the not plowed, not shoveled banks of the snow are almost level with the top of this SUV thing. I tried to take a picture with my phone but it was too dark for it to come out right.)

He was actually supposed to see me the day before, but it was snowing so hard and so much that it was literally just too dangerous to drive.

I just want it to stop snowing. Grrr.

Other complaints:
-Break isn't fun if you can't do anything/have nothing to do.
-My internet connection sucks.
-Um, hm, snow.
-My neck hurts.
-It's cold.
-Oh, and snow.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:20 am

I cannot open this jar... 8[

EDIT: Nvm, I got it. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Rainey, that sounds like the perfect amount of snow for building snow people! You should dooooo eeeeeet!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:31 pm

I feel your pain, Raine. I came back from the coast to the mountains and was lucky that the roads over the mountains were passable. I haven't left the house since getting back because we have a super-steep driveway that's currently covered in ice and slush. I tried calling my crush yesterday to see when we were getting the gang together to hang out, but of course he didn't answer. I just want to do something, anything other than sitting here on my butt. And as much as I love my parents, they're starting to drive me crazy. I also don't do well with cold weather...bbbbrrrrrr...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Haha, Kathryn, I think I'll suggest it to the boyfrann and see if he wants to play in the snow with me. :]

Way to see the best in everything! Very Happy

Ugh, yep, Silvan, we live in the foothills of the Appalachians (spelling?), and right under Lake Erie, which means cold, cold, cold, and snow, snow, snow, and more cold and more snow! Haha.

Anyway, I don't have much to complain about today other than still not feeling like I'm doing anything productive.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Day 2 of my imprisonment. Our ridiculously steep driveway is covered in ice and slush, I'm getting cold way too easily, and I'm lonely. The only real social contact I've had is IMing my best friend in Pennsylvania while trying to give her suggestions on job searches and cuddling my kitty. I nearly burst out crying before dinner for no reason other than loneliness and hormones. I'm. Losing. My. Freaking. Mind.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 pm

That's what we're here for, Silvan. Smile
If I wasn't waiting to start my shift at work, I'd probably suggest some chat room fun for ya. Very Happy Perfect thing to use up time with friends, even if it's over cyberspace.

I hope you feel less lonely! Smile

...I, uh, guess I don't have a compl-- oh wait! Duh, yes I do! xD I was playing a LOT of pool the other day, and shooting with the cue stick really did a number on the left side of my neck/shoulder/back area. (I'm right handed, but I hold the cue with my left hand; is that correct, or backwards...?)

Anyway, yeah, it's constantly bothering me. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:17 am

Got another exam that is at 8 am which means waking up at 7 am or before so I can get there on time and look over my notes. Well at least this is my last exam of the year but 2 back to back early exams suck!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am

Being the bigger man always seems to bite you in the ass.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:Being the bigger man always seems to bite you in the ass.

Almost always, yes, it does.

Well, Running, I give up. I've always dreamed of one day attaining you, but my recent attempts have left me at my weakest point. I realize that I will never have you, Running, and will content myself with something else. Hopefully not getting fat, but yea. Maybe I'll take up Judo or something.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:04 am

I never dreamed of attaining Running, Ryona, so don't feel bad. Running on sidewalks or treadmills hurts my ankles after a while. If you have access to a gym, I would recommend the elliptical machines. They give good cardio workouts without the heavy impact on your ankles and knees. And as a practitioner of the martial arts, I can also highly recommend them as well.

I feel so lost and confused. I shouldn't feel this way at Christmas, and I shouldn't keep burdening my parents and friends with the same problems over and over again. I wish I could switch off my emotions and put this to rest for good, but it's much easier said than done. I just want to know what's going on so I can finally have peace...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:12 am

Ryona, running kills me. I don't know why. I can't obtain it, either. Ellipticals are nice, like Silvan said, but yeah.

Silvan, I'm sorry you feel unhappy at all, regardless of the time of year.

My hands are hurting badly. Damn those "hand wash cold only" clothing tags!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 pm

My boyfriend and I are officially on a break right now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Fate. How are you doing with it all?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm so sorry, Fate. I hope you and boyfriend can work things out and come back stronger.

I feel like I'm hanging onto my sanity by a thread. My mind is in a fog, and I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life like a robot. I have this constant ache in my chest, both physical and emotional, and it torments me every second. I've been numbing myself all day since church by playing video games, but as soon as I leave my room, within minutes my throat starts tightening and I have to fight back the sobs and tears so I don't worry my parents even more. I hate that I'm ruining their holiday when they just want to see me happy. I hate this feeling of utter weakness at rock bottom. And I hate that all this pain may be completely wasted and unfounded depending on what's actually going on.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next