FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 18 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Lara Mon May 24, 2010 11:48 am

So my camera's been gradually falling apart since the beginning of last semester. The one major screw that holds the entire casing together fell out in the beginning, and it's progressed to the point where the entire front cover has come off at one point, though with force I can push it all back together. The zoom knob doesn't like to turn anymore, which probably means some dirt or something got inside and is hacking up the circuits. Dirt has gotten into the viewfinder so, though it's not in the pictures, I can't wipe it off or anything. The knob to switch between options on the camera still agrees to turn, but it's starting to slow down. The camera takes absolutely forever to actually cooperate and take a photo. The other day, when I tried to take a video, it refused to press down until I restarted the camera. Restarting the camera takes a long time too because the button is wearing out. Etc, etc, etc.

Rather than letting me just get a new one, Mom insisted on me going to a camera store in town in order to find out how much it would cost to get it repaired.

So I went, and I feel like I was insulted at the camera store when I went down there. Conversation:
Man: What can I do for you?
Me: I want to know how much it would cost to have this repaired. -hands camera-
Man: -starts looking at camera- What's wrong with it?
Me: Essentially, it's practically falling apart. -briefly describes that the zoom button barely works and there's at least one screw missing, so stuff inside is a bit damaged-
Man: Well, there are a few screws missing from the bottom. Someone's been taking this camera apart. (Oh yeah, I've definitely been taking my camera apart in my spare time...Totally explains why I don't know what's wrong with it.)
Me: Uh... no, it's just been falling apart for a long time now.
Man: Yeah well, I've been doing this for a while and I've never seen them come out on their own. (Oh, so now he's going to tell me I'm wrong?)
Me: ... ... How much would it cost to fix it?
Man: I'd have to know what's wrong with it first. There's a $20 estimate fee, and it gets incorporated into the repair cost after we figure it out.
Me: Look guy, I just need you to tell me that it'd cost more to fix it than to buy a new one.
Man: I can't tell you that because we haven't done the estimate yet.
Me: -has had enough- Alright, well, thanks. I've got my answer. -takes the camera back and leaves-
Man: (as I'm leaving) Tch.

#%^#$#@B%#$^. Look bucko, I didn't come to your store to get insulted. I came to get a rough estimate on the price of fixing my crumbling camera. If you're not smart enough to at least say "oh, well, it'll probably cost somewhere between *price* and *price* because of the camera type and what looks to be wrong just from the outside, maybe a bit more but we don't know yet. There's a $20 estimate fee, but that would allow us to figure out exactly what's wrong if you'd like" then I want nothing to do with you. It's not that hard to be polite and not make it sound like I took my own camera apart for fun and just wanted you to put the pieces back together.

...And the best part? After replaying all of this to my mom, she still thinks we should just get the screws and put it back together. $^#$%(#U%Y$. She's all like "you've only had this one for two years! Don't expect us to just hand you a new one because you feel like this one's getting old". Uh, Mom. Yeah I've "only had it for two years", but I take that thing everywhere with me. And I use it, a lot. I'm the photographer of my group of friends. I take picture and video of pretty much everything we do, so my camera sees a lot of wear and tear. I've put up with it falling apart for a full semester by this point, and there wasn't exactly a place I could go to fix it when it first started to fall apart...so I feel like it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't be worth it to try and fix everything that's broken by this point. But what do I know? I'm no camera expert.

BAH.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Lara, well, you're a legal adult. You could always just buy a new one yourself? If you have a job, it would be easy to stick a certain percentage of each paycheck into savings until you have as much as you want for a new camera. Just a suggestion. I'm sorry your camera is dying.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon May 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah, I know, and I intend to either buy the camera myself or pay my parents back when I do get a new one, but I haven't been able to get a steady job yet despite all my searching/applying. I have one job, but it's only, like, one weekend a month, and most of the money I'll be making will be going towards the next year at college.

-sigh- I guess I just didn't like how it was handled between my mom and I, especially since one of her points is how short a time I've had the camera...yet every time I come home for school break, my dad seems to have bought himself a new digital camera. And it doesn't help that photography/videoing things is what I do, so I'm just aggravated at the fact that my camera is so broken.

I think most of this rant was just because of the stupid guy at the store. Mom and I have had this argument a bunch of times since I got home from school, and I didn't want to rant about it nearly as bad then.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed May 26, 2010 11:36 am

I complain that the library won't hire me because I live twenty minutes outside of town. This wouldn't upset me so much if they had said, "Don't even bother applying if you don't live right in town because you won't have a chance in hell." At least that way, I wouldn't have felt a surge of hope or excitement at the prospect of gaining experience in a library before I even go to school for it.

Their reasons are logical enough, and I can respect them. In the winter, the weather gets bad, and people have to call into work to say that they can't make it. I completely understand. I just don't understand why they don't say right on the application that you don't want people to apply who don't live near enough. It's a waste of both their time and anyone who lives outside town who applies. It's total crap.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm

I complain that I have a pilonidal cyst and that I may need surgery to have it permanently removed, which pretty much wipes out most of my summer plans. I've been in near-constant pain from this thing since Sunday and finally went to a surgeon today to have it lanced and drained. I have to go back twice tomorrow and once on Friday to have it checked. So yeah...I just graduated college, and this is how I'm spending my week of freedom before I start my summer job. FML...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Aww, that's terrible. D: I hope everything works out fine in the end!

I complain that...well...that I can't seem to focus and finish up the last thing for my history course. Trivial complaint for the lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 pm

I complain that I got senioritis two weeks before school is out...and I still have 25% of my grade riding on my ass so I can't give up now!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 2:11 pm

I complain that it is Memorial weekend...so I have to work all day today and tomorrow. So much for getting my character sheet up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat May 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I complain that it is memorial day weekend...and I am not working. At all. Despite being told that I would start yesterday, then not receiving anything I was supposed to get by Wednesday and having to call, just to be told (after a round of phone tag) that they had everyone they needed, and that they'd call me for the next tournament (next month).
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 pm

Gah! I just finished reading the newest Dresden Files book and it ended with an epic cliffhanger! Now I have to wait until NOVEMBER to find out what happens!

Mad

*Begins construction of a time machine.*
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 pm

I was too happy that a new dresden files came out recently to be upset about that.

But I do complain that I need my OTHER authors to come out with new books for me to read.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Jim Butcher needs to make books faster. I've read his Dresden Files and Codex Alera books and am craving more. His novels are like crack!

I know it doesn't help that I get so into the books that I finish it in 2 days, but I can't help it. I have an addiction... No
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 31, 2010 10:33 pm

I think a reading addiction is one of the less awful ones...

Loki, why do I get the feeling that you could successfully create a time machine? ^o_O^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 31, 2010 11:14 pm

Cause Loki is just awesome like that. It is fueled by sheer awesomeness and works through the complex powers of dudedity!

I complain about work. Because it sucks. Because I've been here two months, and still haven't gotten training. And my new supervisor seems to think I'm some form of deity capable of stocking and cutting at the speed of light.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:17 pm

My favorite authors also need to come out with new books...like NOW...

I'm actually loving my new summer job. But then, I've worked this job once before, so I already know what to expect.

Back to the thread topic, I complain that I have to have surgery next Friday to get a pilonidal cyst removed. It's just an outpatient procedure that should only take about an hour, but it'll have me laid up for up to two weeks before I can return to work. I'm hoping it won't be that long, because I'm only allowed to take 5 unpaid vacation days. I also have to get blood work done this Friday, and I HATE. NEEDLES. I've never had surgery or been under anesthesia before, so I'm pretty freaked out right now...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Aww, Silvone, I hope everything goes all right for you. I hate needles, too. ^;_;^ I've never had surgery, though. I'm sure you'll recover well.

I complain that I was in the sun for too long today. I have burned everywhere that was exposed. ^o_o^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Six hours of downloading an album (only because I can't find it for under $50) to have the damn modem disconnect with one minute left...

I. Hate. Dial-up.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Oh man... Jani, that happened to me when I had dial-up, too. It's awful... I hope you're able to upgrade to DSL eventually. It's so much nicer. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:06 pm

I complain that I am having difficulties concluding my very last undergraduate paper EVER. All I have to do is write this darn conclusion and then make a presentation for Monday and then I am done with school work (apart from the final). And yet, I CAN'T SEEM TO WRITE IT! Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:28 am

Ouch, I know how that goes. I hated it when I would get near the end of a big assignment and lose all motivation. Good luck with everything! It'll be over before you know it!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:48 pm

I complain that I got sick and completely missed my final exam for Senior Seminar. Which is online. The syllabus says that if we can't take the exams at the scheduled time, then to drop the class. There are no make-ups, no exceptions. I think I'm screwed. Hopefully I can pull off a good enough grade to get the bare minimum to pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 am

Tornado warning. In basement. No power. Fun times. :/

Just found out a school less than 5 miles away got hit. Yesterday was literally their last day of classes and finals. The combined wish of those students arrived just a day or two too late.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 am

I complain that I can't stop coughing, and thus I can't sleep. So I'm on FOG. Not that that is a bad thing...rather a result of the bad thing Fuck Sake

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:30 pm

why does no one understand, IF I DON'T ANSWER MY PHONE THE INSTANT YOU CALL, EVEN IF YOU CALL THREE TIMES IN A ROW, THERE IS A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR IT SO STOP CALLING AND DON'T CALL THE HOUSE PHONE AND FORCE THE PEOPLE I LIVE WITH TO SCREAM AT ME TO COME GET THE PHONE BECAUSE I AM FUCKING BUSY!

*breathe*
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 pm

:: gives Ryona a soft cookie with a glass of milk ::

They may assume you're just not in the same room as your phone? If my grandma doesn't answer her phone, she's either in the yard or in the bathroom, so calling a few more times may enable me to catch her. I'm sorry it's stressing you out, though.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't know, but it wasn't that important of a phone call, so regardless if I just didn't hear it, it could have waited. My mother acts just like her mother (but hypocritically gets angry with her) and then questions me when I get flustered (for the same things she gets flustered with her mother). I think I best never have a daughter!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Oooh. I'm glad that my mother wasn't like that. I'm not very family oriented anyway, though... I'm sorry your mom bugs you.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Most of the time I can put up with it. But I was trying to time my presentation, and doesn't matter what time of day it is, I cannot have 25 minutes to myself. That in itself is kind of pathetic. I can't make it through a 25 minute presentation without being interrupted not once, but many times!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Ouch... Maybe you should tell Silvone to answer the phone, and if it's for you, tell him to have them call you back in half an hour?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 pm

That would be a great idea but he is not here. My grandmother knew that I was practicing and then got in the shower, and my grandpa answered the phone and didn't know, so he's the one that yelled for me. So, figures that it all just happened to not work out, haha. It's all over now but so frustrating I had to finish in tears.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next