FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 17 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Oh Ryona...I feel you on that one. My mom always gets butt hurt when I tell her that Chody's mom is getting him the weekend she wants CJ. >_<

Attie...I know exactly how you feel.
Even now I wanna nap all the time!
lol.
My morning sickness went away when I was about 4 months in.
The tiredness though...that'll last the entire time and just wait til the baby drops and kicks your bladder every two seconds. D:
Its insane!

I complain that there isn't enough time in the day to do laundry and other things. I also complain about not having HG yet...I want it sooo badly but I have no money!

Back to top Go down

Post by Acid Varrakin Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 am

Words cannot express my anger.

I just wrote what could only be classed as an essay for ButterflyMoon's"We the Writers" thread, when the cursor suddenly decided to disappear from the text field. I, however, did not notice this disappearance and decided to correct a poorly-timed spelling error - by pressing backspace. Twice.

My page reverted to the previous one.

I lost everything.

Yes; I'm aware of the browsers which disable this from happening, but my internet connection is too damn slow to download any of them.

I also complain that my raging anger is so trivial and unwarranted. Why do I feel bad about that?
Blast; a conundrum. I shall sleep over it.
Acid Varrakin
Acid Varrakin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm

I complain that my computer is stupid and killed my entire Emoria post that I slaved over yesterday. I can only hope that Plaguewalker still has the pieces I sent him...
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Awwwwwwwwwno!! Sad
That's happened to me before. Oh the horror! Sad

I complain that computers have weaknesses too. -_-
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm

I complain that my teacher for an ap level english course seems to think we don't know some simple words, such as ruffian or hooligan....

and then makes me waste my time writing out the vocab for them.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm

I complain that I have absolutely no motivation to do any of my college homework. I blame the senioritis...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 pm

I complain that I can't afford to have senioritis or this senior seminar class will murder me, chop up my body into tiny pieces and then spread them across the globe, with little notes attached to each piece saying "Ryona Failed".
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Acid, I feel your pain. I haven't had anything like that happen to me in a long time, but in the past, it was such an infuriating and a depressing thing. If I notice myself making a post that starts to grow longer than a couple of paragraphs, I open a Word file, and I copy/paste what I have in that, and I finish it in word. It eliminates the Browser-Backspace-Woes that seem to happen all too frequently.

However, I have no idea how to remedy what happened you, Shadow, because it's a computer issue and not a browser one. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 am

I complain that my insomnia is suddenly back with a raging vengeance after a long time of no troubles. Went to bed at 2, laid awake til 3:30, read til 4 and felt sleepy, laid back down, and BAM! Eyes popped open again. Oh yeah, and I have to get up in 5 hours and get ready for church and drive on an interstate to get there, so taking more Tylenol PM is out of the question unless I want to be even more impaired while driving. I'm this close to crying and I'm too delirious right now to care that this probably sounds really whiny and ridiculous.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Today, I'd like to complain about my lack of tact when I am emotional. - And I am emotional alot with this pregnancy. Oh, and how I long to be significant.

I can't stand how every day it seems like I have to fight for something, be it the right to say something, the right to feel something, or the right to do something. It seems like everyone has been giving me these limitations, and sometimes I feel like my opinion is just that. That no one takes it in to consideration, or that maybe it is accurate, but rather, it is just an opinion. I know that to everyone else in the world, my words mean nothing and that I am just an opinion.

But to the people that matter most to me, and the people I care about and don't want to see things happen to them, it bothers me when they take my opinion and toss it back at me, because it's their life.

When do I get to mean something in my life? When do I get to be significant?

Oh, how I long to be significant some day.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Ahh, but you're significant to us. Very Happy
It's certainly not the same thing, I know, but we can at least serve as a starting point, an oasis, and a support group. ^^

And to stay on topic, I complain about fonts, and how sometimes I can't find the perfect one. :>
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm

I complain that the Easter Bunny brought me the flu rather than chocolate.

Being sick is no fun.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Descent Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Ah, that sounds awful.

I wasn't well with something akin to the flue some weeks ago, but it passed quickly! Hopefully yours will too!

If it helps, have some virtual chocolate eggs! *Passes you a basket full* Smile
Descent
Descent
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:16 pm

My first presentation is today, and I'm so nervous. I hate being clammy-hand-red-faced-feel-like-I-gotta-pee nervous >.<
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Oh, fuck!!! D:
affraid

So, for my math class, we have to write a book report relating to personal finance. I don't own any books like that, so I went on amazon.com during class to buy some home buying book. There was one that sounded good that was used for just a dollar. So, I went to purchase it, and it just bought it -- didn't even ask me for my credit card number.

Well, I just got home, and I have an e-mail in my inbox saying I just spent $240 at amazon.com! I was like WTF!? Was this book some sort of secret rip-off!? Then I see that I was also charged for a Nikon Coolpix digital camera that evidently was in my cart. (I was looking at those cameras months ago. Apparently I accidently added one to my cart?) So, I ended up buying that along with the book, but when I was making the purchase, it never even gave me a subtotal! It just charged me! I only have $10 in my bank account! My parents are going to FLIP!

I got an e-mail though saying that they were having trouble charging me for it (due to insignificant funds), so hopefully they'll just cancel my order altogether.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:13 am

You can cancel amazon orders pretty easily, I think, if you get on their website. You probably used the one click order thingy, which is why they didn't give you a subtotal. I never use that for that very purpose! I hope it all gets fixed!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 am

Silvan, as someone who cannot sleep without the aid of medication, I feel your pain. Before my doctor and I found the proper medicated solution, I would just lie in bed and cry because I'd been trying to sleep for hours, and I'd maybe have two hours before I'd have to leave my bed to go to school or something. It's such an awful feeling that I don't even worry that I'm completely dependent on a pill for sleep. I'd rather be addicted to something that doesn't harm me in any foreseeable or blatantly obvious way than to not be able to sleep. =\

I complain that I don't seem to have time for anything any more...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 am

Complaint: I hate writing up a thread, making a great character for it, and then the person never responds. My effort is wasted. ):

I'm probably just a failure at one-on-one threads.
Julian
Julian
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 pm

I complain that even while having accomplished so many very difficult things, there are so many more things that seem so bloody impossible I am afraid to even think about them...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 am

I complain about not being able to get into the swing of things!

It's unlikely for me to take too long to adapt to sudden change but this "Let's move to someplace else thing" going on with us just gets to me. We've been living in this household for seventeen years -that's over half my life- and now I just have to pack up and go elsewhere?! Just because of a stupid misunderstanding?! I can't even begin to express my frustration...

What about the life I built in this community? What about the friends I've cherished so much!? What about her? Gahh! I'll keep on ranting forever if I dare step into that territory. This move will suck but I know where it will all come down to anyway... Me starting a new life elsewhere... *sigh*
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 01, 2010 1:08 pm

At the Veterinary ER.

Why?

Because my roommate's boyfriend left a bottle of Prednisone on the coffee table, well within Takun's reach.

When I discovered the bottle, the label was unreadable. So I woke up the two of them to figure out what my dog just ate.

How does he respond? By bitching that his new bottle of medicine got eaten! THEN he has the balls to tell me that I need to train my dog so that he doesn't eat medicine!

For fuck's sake, HE'S STILL A PUPPY!

The vet just told me that they were going to induce vomiting and give him something to counteract the potential for ulscers from the Prednisone.

Takun's going to be fine, but it pisses me off that my roommate's boyfriend was such a dick when I was trying to make sure that my dog wasn't about to die on the spot.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat May 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Oh no! Poor Takun! I'm glad he's going to be okay, but your roommate has no right to blame Takun for eating his medicine when he made the mistake of leaving it out in the first place.

I complain that I have a ton of homework to do this weekend and that there's been a lot of drama my fellow officers in our college ballroom club. Two of them got into a huge argument last night while I was just standing there trying to keep the peace and not take sides. And now one of the officers and I are trying to do damage control. I just know this is going to get back to the rest of the exec board and I'm afraid it's going to cause an even bigger mess right before graduation.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 am

I complain that love is the greatest pain yet most abundant joy, until that love is warped and the love and pain is split- to where he feels the love, and I experience the pain...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Why do so many people put so much faith in religion when all it ever seems to do is tear people apart, cause some of the worst wars in history, and lead to sadness, hurt feelings, and trivial quarrels? I'm sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone, and if this does offend you, then please don't pay me any mind, but I feel I have the right to complain about religion just as much as religious people have the right to bitch about people who are not religious. So, please allow me this much.

I think it's unfair to put pressure on people to believe certain things, certain things especially that (no matter how much they may try to argue) cannot be proven as fact. I don't care if you are trying to get your son or daughter to believe in ghosts or in God -- if it's not yet completely proven, there's absolutely no reason you should expect anyone, especially someone so close to you like a relative, believe it just because you do. I personally believe in ghosts and extraterrestrials, but I never expect anyone else to. If I happen to come across a person that shares my beliefs, then I am happy to discuss it with them and am glad to find someone else who has similar thoughts. Does that mean I think less of people who shun the idea of aliens living somewhere out there? No, never. Not ever. That's simply just ridiculous. Let people think what they want to think. All I care about is what I think and what I believe. I just want to be able to truly believe what I think is real. That's all I want. I think, as a human being, I am entitled to that. Never would I even consider pressuring my child or my child's child into acting or being a certain way so as to appease me and my beliefs. That is the most outrageous thing that's frankly quite immoral and wrong, if you ask me. It just simply is not fair to try and get anyone else, no matter who they are, to live and be a certain way just because you feel it is the right way when it comes to beliefs, because what happens if you're wrong? What happens if someday you are proven to be completely and utterly wrong? And here you are, having thrown your life into this belief and forced everyone around you to believe in it and live by it as well. What a jackass you would be.

When I have kids someday, when they are ready, I am going to lay it all out for them and present them with all their options for what to believe in and let them choose. I think as a human, you are knowledgeable and intelligent enough to figure things out for yourself and decide what you want to believe in when it comes to something so big and possibly life changing. I don't want to force anything onto my kids when it comes to this. I want to be as unbiased as possible when it comes to their own personal beliefs, as long as they are familiar with everything out there. For all I care, they can even believe in their own "religion," a hybrid of various ones or something they think could be true. I just want them to have that freedom and that ability. That is their right, and it is every single person's right, and it should not ever, ever be taken away from us.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Fate, I find that I completely agree with you, and I've been lucky enough to have been raised by those who feel similarly.

My grandma is a Christian and my mother was a Christian, but they always let us ((my older brother, my younger brothers, and me)) follow our own paths. Hell, my mother even supplied me with books when I wanted to learn more about various religions.

I don't want kids, but if I ever do have them, I'd want them to follow their own paths, too. As long as those paths don't lead to harming anyone else, there's no logical reason to force them onto a different one.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Well, I don't want to get into a debate -- because essentially I agree with you -- but I think there's more that needs to be said.

It is a parent's responsibility to raise their children as best they can. This should not, however, include just "letting them choose" by itself. First of all, young children are incapable of choosing for themselves. What are you going to teach them in the meantime before they're grown? Nothing? Secondly, if they make the wrong choice (by picking a false or destructive belief), it is partly the parent's fault for not giving them a proper outlook.

Blind faith is a terrible place to be in, I agree, but nothing is even worse. People should be looking for truth when they "pick" their beliefs. It shouldn't just be some exercise or rite of passage. If they have no instruction beforehand, they'll just pick whatever sounds best to them, which could be very dangerous. Convenient truths are worthless and harmful, let alone undeniably false teachings.

Therefore I would say, if one is going to train their child anything relating to faith or the answers to the major questions in life, it should be to cultivate in them a strong desire for truth, and nothing less, wherever it might be found.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't agree with you, Kalon. We never really talked about God or anything in my household. It wasn't like it was a bad subject. It just wasn't something we actively discussed. When I was little, someone wanted to bring me to their church, and my mom gave me permission. We never went to church before that. My mother believed in God, but she didn't like the way churches teach others about God, so she believed in her own way.

When I decided I no longer wanted to go to church, that was okay, too.

Essentially, my mother didn't instill any instructions about what I should believe, and I found my own path and my own beliefs. I feel happy with what I believe, and I don't feel that I have a blind faith at all. I don't feel like I've ever had a blind faith.

I don't think that neglecting to instill beliefs in children is bad. I think that allowing them to make their own choices is important. Of course there should be guidance in right and wrong, but there is no right or wrong in choosing religions so long as those religions don't conflict with the morals a parent instills in a child from the beginning.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Guidance in right and wrong is all a child needs. Following a faith, or choosing not to, is their own choice and their own discovery.

Ryona and I have talked extensively about this. I strongly feel that my son, and any future children, needs to be exposed to different cultures and different beliefs. It isn't because I think he needs to believe something. But in order to decide for himself, he needs to know. He needs to know what is out there, what is available to him. As he grows and discovers more about himself, he will piece these things together to make something that fits him. I would rather that my son didn't choose to follow an established religion, but chose something that fit his beliefs in particular (if he chooses religion). I certainly won't hold any decision he makes against him.

As far as what Kalon said, letting them experience, discover, and choose is not teaching them nothing. It is the greatest thing you can teach them. You can't just decide for them what is best for them without taking away their right as a human being to discover who they are and what they want to be. My entire family is religious, with the exception of me, my brother and my mother. But I was never forced to go to church, or to listen to lectures on religion, or anything like that. I chose to go to church a few times, and I discovered that it wasn't for me. I earnestly tried to believe in God a few times, and every time it just felt like a farce. I made that discovery. My mother didn't try to convince me that it was wrong, and she has the same views on religion as I do. She let me choose, and she let me explore that path. On my own. Now I can honestly say that it was my decision, not hers. I can't take that away from my son.

I will most certainly teach him what is right and wrong as far as morals go (and certainly as far as laws go). But when it comes to faith or personal beliefs...that isn't up to me. It is up to him. If he asks for my advice, I will give it. And whether he wants to or not, he will learn about different cultures because I won't have him growing up ignorant of the world around him. But religion is a step beyond that, and it is an experience I want to leave for him, should he want it.

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm

To The Debate Thread,

I think we are underestimating what it means to have faith everyone. When someone believes in a religion they see it as the single truth. This transcends most of the logic behind 'proving' that something exists. Families with a central faith have shown to be happier, live longer, and lead more meaningful lives. Some of this is up for debate; however, the data taken from the University of Oklahoma did prove that in the family setting Religion can be very beneficial. The irony of this fact is very steep when you look at my personal believes on my profile. I am a believer in science and yet science is saying I need religion Smile

Anyways back to my original point. When you are saying that they need to simply push children towards finding the truth you are forgetting the true meaning of faith. When they have this believe they already 'know' that they have the truth. So instead of leading their children towards damnation (something many western religions believe happens when you leave the faith) and risk them burning in something else they believe in, hell. They are only leading them down the 'right' path.

Again I want to stress that I am not arguing for children indoctrination. What I am saying is that while we don't really understand this feeling (having full faith in something we can not 'see' 'touch' 'smell' or prove in any true factual form) we have to understand that it is that very reason that we can not ever fully comprehend what having faith is like.

Sincerely,

World Traveler
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 2:02 am

I'm so tired right now. I haven't slept enough since Saturday, only getting a few hours of sleep every night. Plus I've been studying every day and it would end this weekend, when I have to write two assignments, and soon I'm off to a test... ;_;

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next