FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Time of Awakening

3 posters

Go down

The Time of Awakening Empty The Time of Awakening

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 pm

The world is an odd place. But every now and then, are people that are exceedingly odd. There are those that are not entirely human. No, it isn't the Fae. Nor are they alien people. They are born of humanity, but aren't human themselves. These are living avatars of human elements.

Every now and then, an idea, emotion, or some other abstract concept builds up in the will of humanity. During the late 1930's to the early 1940's, an avatar of war arose. During the 60's and 70's, a few other living embodiments appeared. But as the world changes, the boundaries that creates these beings grows weaker. The amount of emotion or turmoil needed changes the procedure. More and more lately, are those being born of the human life.

What they can do isn't exactly well known. Few have met any of these people and recognized them for what they are. Age and race has no limits on those that are born of humanity. A child could see a happy girl wearing red knitted cap, the fuzz balls swinging as the female skips along. A troubled young man could see a goth chick, her ears pieced with metal bars, her face tattooed as to have the appearance of having permanent make up. Of course, if one of these beings truly wished, they could look different to every individual. But that would be tedious and impractical. Still, the extent of what these creatures can do isn't exactly sure. But it has been shown that they can affect the mortal realm within the limits of they were borne of. But the full knowledge of these creatures still hasn't come.

But all that is for sure is that there has been an exponential increase in these living avatars. Something is happening in the world of men, that needs proper observation. These beings are gathering closer and closer, joining together for some reason. What will happen remains to be seen.

In this, you will take the role as either an avatar or a human, as you see fit. There is a conflict coming about, that does not bode well for the Earth. As an avatar is borne of humanity, humanity can be influenced by the avatar in turn. With the recent increase of avatars, the potential for disaster only increases exponentially. What you want to do remains unseen, but the time until conflict will only build.

According to the fluctuations of emotion and other human traits, a build up of these beings has been determined to be centered around New York, in the United States of America. The exact nature of this meeting is uncertain, but it seems the fate of the world is being determined. The build up of these human traits can only result in a climax of the human race. Do you want the world to remain as it is? Or do you want it to burn and die? The choices you make could decide the fate of all life on earth. World war? World peace? World-wide insanity?

But all that is clear is that the turning point of the world is coming. Would you stand by while someone tried to terraform the earth into a nuclear wasteland? The time to make a difference is now.

Will you find allies of other avatars? Take a stand against these evil beasts? Bond with other mortal men to imprison these beings? Study them for your own gain? Or go crazy out of fear. What happens is up to you.

Characters will do as they will. Their goals will be their own, but it is related to the upcoming turmoil. Whether you are an avatar trying to be human, by slumming it down, or a family man that wants to live past a possible apocalypse, most anything is fine. There are avatars that may wish the end. An avatar borne of depression might want for the world to be finished. An avatar borne of apathy may not even feel like it was worth doing anything.

A mortal man may want to try and prevent these creatures from meeting. That which would be decided if all of the current avatars met would be the final decision. Unless they want the world to end. Maybe they are tired of living, or having terminal cancer.

As these beings grow closer and closer to each other, the strength of their aspects only grows. The radius of effect will also grow in magnitude. When they are all gathered, it would be near impossible to resist. For the sake of the world, what will you do?

Well, what does you peoples think?

Last edited by MoiraofWords on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

The Time of Awakening Empty Re: The Time of Awakening

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Bump for update of information.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 am

*Raises hand eagerly*

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, pick me, pick me!!!! =D

I am very interested. *Nodnod* Sounds pretty awesomesauce. *Nodnod*

I do very much like the story. It's unique, and I like that. =)
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 am

I wouldn't mind at least two more people before I start.

It'd seem a little empty to have all these possible emotions and traits... and then not see them all!

But thank you! I'd definitely pick you!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:30 pm

I believe this is one of the best suited RPs for me to enter one of my favorite characters. Time to enter the sower of chaos and destruction. He has a better name than that though. I am just simply calling the chaos avatar

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I think I can help this story along with a character I have in mind.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Oh snap! And then there were four!

Imma move this over to ooc soon enough.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords