FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting)

+3
quakernuts
Stion Gyas
Shades Of Gray
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Empty Title in the works, (No longer recruiting)

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Where it begins: Your character has been jailed for one crime or another, and although they've been caught, they've shown exceptional talent in their area of expertise. Times are tough; the lands, once a large, fruitful kingdom, have been stretched out and broken into several city-states that constantly war with one another for total rule. Corruption is the stronger hand in politics; the poor and middle class suffer the constant harassment of brigands and thieves, and there is very little resisting the total chaos that threatens to spill out upon the streets.
Prison isn’t much better. You feel as if your talents are wasted, and here the rot seems to be all the worse. Guards could be bought off; but just as quickly punish you for their payment. The other inmates are sickly with the threat of infectious disease, and while things weren’t perfect outside these walls, they seemed all the better. Escape seemed impossible, but before you could give up hope, or entertain the suicidal thought of a massacre, hope arrives in the form least expected.
You’re rudely woken by a guard, with the clear instructions that you’re to be relocated and with no time to speak or take what meager possessions you’ve managed to collect in your cell. Food is given, though it’s moldy and covered with insects, it’s far better than the slop tossed into your cell you’ve been trying to live off of, and as you eat you’re lead deeper inside the prison.
Inside a room you’re surprised to find other prisoners; perhaps faces you know; after all you’re all criminals. Each show signs of imprisonment the same as you, malnutrition, filthy skin, greasy hair, clothes worn for days or weeks or even months. Seated there’s little time to talk, before guards enter the room again. The most powerful man in the city-state seats in a chair before you, and offers you a deal you can’t refuse.

I’m in the search for those who have interest joining this rp. I’d like just a few, a huge crowd in this story could get rather complicated; and in complete honesty this rp is to help me get back into writing since I’ve been so long out of practice; I’m not certain if I’d be able to handle that kind of load. Currently the roll of thief is taken, (dibs by me! Sorry Wink ) but there are a slew of character types still available. You’re more than welcome to ask questions, offer advice, impute and other such things as you’d like, I’m not against adapting ideas!

Last edited by Shades Of Gray on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Empty Re: Title in the works, (No longer recruiting)

Post by Stion Gyas Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:33 pm

*sad-face*

You had to put this up after I sold away my life (committed) to an RP that will take up the rest of my time. It's very interesting, but unless something drastic happens I'll likely have to just watch from afar.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Empty Re: Title in the works, (No longer recruiting)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:35 pm

I am very tempted to join this roleplay! I know I need to get back into group roleplays. What other positions are available? I might have time to even make a profile tomorrow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm in this one, of course. Wink

As indicated earlier, I was intent on playing a mercenary/bandit type, a wilderness guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Aha! I call dibs on dangerous murderer who is a trap! Pretty on the outside, mean on the inside. =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Awww, maybe next time then, Stion!

Hermione (heart!!) :: Oooh you could get rather creative really. A simple 'messenger' could work, someone who knows all the details of the crooks and thieves, the sort hired to deliver word or note between guilds. A bruiser, an assasin, spies, or even a basic adventurer starting to make a name for themselves is just fine. Smile Hell, you could even be one of the criminal masterminds undercover, under the facade of someone else. I'm not against there being magic in this world, though I prefer to have it something that's normally frowned upon, and also rare, so there isn't any schools, and those in possession cater the 'wild' magic. (But, again, I'm open for ideas, this isn't set in stone.)
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 am

Profile has been made. I'll send you a link on AIM later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Alright, here's the profile for my character.

Mazzi Churhold

Name: Mazzi Churhold

Alias: The Thorn

Race: Human, with diluted Elvin heritage.

Eye Color: Left eye is gold, the right is brown

Hair Color/Style: Brown, with copper and gold highlights. It's long, to the flat of her back, and often worn in a braid to keep it out of her way.

Height: 5'4 1/2 (Yes, that half inch matters)

Weight: 105 lbs

Alignment: Neutral

Siblings:

Two older brothers.

Distinguished Characteristics~

Dress: Mazzi holds a wide array of 'costumes'. She has everything from the best dresses of the season, to a butchers' apron and gear, all depending on which part she chooses to play for her exploits. While not pulling a job that has her dressed like the finest noble's daughter, she's often seen wearing dark gray leathers, well worn and soft so they don't creak when she moves. A heavy cloak drapes over her shoulders to make the slight woman a stronger frame, where the 'tail' of the cloak is commonly tied around her waist when forced to make a run. She braids her hair back and often curses to herself about cutting it shorter; though it's the part of playing the nobles that often stop this from happening.

Mannerisms: Mazzi isn't a big talker. She grew up learning wisely that actions speak louder than words, and as a thief she's naturally aware of keeping her eye on what’s going on around her. Words are often clipped, sarcastic or cocky when they do flow, having a great love for stirring up trouble; then watching on high as everything breaks out into chaos without her. She steals simply for the joy of it, though the corruption of her city often sickens her to the core.

Habits (Good/Bad): Mazzi has lots of friends; but she's also made many enemies. Her 'False Facing' has lead up to broken hearts, wars between noble families, stolen heirlooms and such things that turned lives upside down in order to hunt her down and 'extract' the problem. Her often uncaring generalization has nicknamed her the "thorn" in everyone's side. She has a soft spot for those who suffer greatly, and a love of adventure.

Greatest Flaw: Doesn't know how to swim.

Best Quality: Robin Hood complex

Hobbies: Darts. Acrobatics. Watching the busy city streets to search for pickpockets.

Favorite Saying/Personal Quote: "I'm a different kind of thief. Deception and misdirection are my tools. Why believe in hard work when a False Face and a good line of bullshit can do so much more?"

Special Talents/Skills: Acrobatic skills, tumbling, escape, 'free running'. Throwing blades, False Facing, insults and picking locks.

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes~

Greatest Impact On Character: Her father

Motivation: New adventures and thrills, to see how far she can go.

Worst Fear: Dogs

Greatest Joy: The chase

Believe In A Higher Power?: She believes in avarice, and it's motivation in people.

Violence~

Fighting Style: Mazzi isn't very strong, but she's quick, agile and crafty. She uses poison on her blades to aid the fall of her victims, and fights dirty, using the environment around her to her advantage.

Weapon Of Choice: Short blades, throwing knives, and poison.

Special Abilities: A strong sense of intuition.

Weakness: Can't swim. Frightened of angry dogs.

Greatest Advantage: Speed

Partner: None

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Gue3
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 pm

ooh! I'm interested! Save me spot please? For a cookie?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey there, Quaker!

You're most welcome to join us! All I need from you is what type of character you'd like to play, and a bio. (It doesn't have to be as long as mine, sometimes I get carried away. Wink ) I think we'll be starting shortly, so excellent timing!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

I think I have something, but I'm mainly going by your character sheet. So the only real question do I post it my character page here or send to you by some other means?

Oh, yeah! I'm being the strategist!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 pm

You could post your profile in the archives if you'd like. I'd love it if you did post it here as well so that other players don't have to hunt for it; they can just pop open this thread and have easy access. Smile
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Elizabeth Calhoun

I don't want to take up a whole lot of room here.. so here's the link. Second character. =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Oh I'm so down. Is there room for a warrior/fighter/berserker type character?
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Here he is:

Spoiler:
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:13 pm

So who wants dibs on having to carry Elizabeth when she runs out of energy? She's light!

This roleplay sounds amazing! I can't wait till it gets started.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Spoiler:

K, just so everyone knows, I'm horrible with pictures. I can never find one that I like, so I tend to stick to written appearances. So if you want me to add that part here, or just lay it out in my first post, that's fine with me.

Hermione: We'll get the guy with orcish lineage to carry her! Snort Snort!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Bwa-hahaha, excellent! And Kail, you're most welcome to join! You know I could never refuse you. ^_^

I'll be cutting the recruitment here, however, any more people joining, I'm not sure if I could handle it...XD
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Amen to that! And I think she'll be getting attached to just about anyone who takes up with her and carries her when she's resting. She won't be sleeping all of the time, but when she can't walk anymore because she's out of energy.. she'll need someone to carry her.

She acts like a child, looks like one, but has the power to knock even the greatest of giants over. =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:48 pm

OH CAN I PLEASE PLEASE BE IN IT????

[makes a character now]

Name: Anya Robei
Race: Half Human/Half Elf

Character Type/Class: Harlot/Murderer
Class/Social Standing: Middle Class/Lower Class

Skills:
-Deception
-Seduction
-Stealth
-Light handed fighting (close combat for short periods of time. While she is not very strong, she is agile and persistent, making her a good struggle).
-Creating poisons as well as salves and medicines
Weaknesses:
-Heavy handed fighting (wielding weapons, fighting for long periods of time)
-Honesty (she sometimes lies without knowing it, and regrets the ongoing webs of such that she creates by accident)
-Lonesome (she, when alone, tends to feel worn down and unable to do as she could if she had onlookers or a victim to sink her teeth into).
-Women (well, simply, women are not easily seduced by another woman. Makes her job both difficult and annoying. When it comes to women, she usually watches them, then acts to fit their desires to be a 'friend' to get what she wants).

Personality/Summary: Anya is a bewitching woman upon first glance. It takes time, and the right situation, to even begin to know the real woman that lies beneath the layers of lies and verbal remedies that she so readily has created to divert one's attention from needed areas. She takes instant advantage of a situation if she can, and hates feeling like she's not in charge or at least fully informed. But beneath said exterior of lies and duplicity, Anya is a bit nicer. She enjoys simple things and scenery, and loves peace and quiet. She hates being alone with herself though, because truth be told, she hates who she's become.

Not-so-Brief History: Anya was born to a lonesome woman and a traveling elf. Though it was above the elf to sleep with her mother, the situation must've been right, and the elf down on spirits. But when the act was done, the elf left, never to return and leaving the mother without even knowing his name. The woman was then growing in size at her tummy, and sickened by the morn. She knew it was pregnancy, and that she was carrying the half-breed child of a night's whim of passion.
-
Anya was born in the manor of a man her mother had cleaned house for. She was born in the kitchen, and then stuffed into a basket. She was hidden from the man until her mother's job was done, and they could return. Her mother was a peasant, and a harlot no less. She had worked after her pregnancy in a brothel to make fair penny to survive. It would be a lie to say that Anya did begin learning at a quick age. That she didn't pick up on the behaviors of such a lifestyle.
-
She knew early on, that men wanted sex. That it drove them to be told what they wanted to hear, to get what they wanted. But she hated the end result. Watching her mother come home, night after night, tired and weary, sometimes abused. She didn't understand why men, if they enjoyed such service that her mother gave, would abuse her so... At the age of eleven, her mother was beaten brutally by a man who had taken hire of her, and young Anya was left alone. She was taken by the kingdom and put into an orphanage. There, in said orphans' home, she began to commune with others her age. She despised it too. It was nothing like the adult conversations she had heard before. The witty and wise things transported between the mouths of man and man, woman and woman. Children were pathetic and dimwitted, and so she thought, by age of fourteen, that it was time she fled.
-
By fifteen, she was following well in her mother's footsteps. She was young, and had begun on a spiral downhill. She would offer a man her body, and take his money for said service. She was careful, taking the preventative measures her mother did, and working hard to make a pathetic living. But upon one visit to a man's bed, she found a far greater payment than money. A apothecary owner, a man wise in the ways of medical inclination and demise. He took her to his home, and let her stay. For payment of her body, he gave her knowledge. And there was no better a deal she would ever partake in for the rest of her life...
-
By seventeen, she was a killer. Trained, hard, cold. An actress with poisonous lips, and a toxic touch. She had learned to make the most foul of poisons, and how to give them unto a victim without him knowing. She'd learned to dip her nails in snake's venom, and claw her victim's eyes out. She took their money, and shared nothing to their bed. She came in, killed, stole, and left. And she slowly, but surely, grew in wealth. It was when her owner, the apothecary owner, wanted her wealth, and bade her to stop, that she murdered him too. Her own creator, the barer of such a wicked woman's vile ways. When he died, she took over his estate, and was claimed as the Auburn Widow.
-
It was at the age of twenty she was caught. She had moved on up in her chain of bedroom murders. It was when Sir Alfred Maylord was killed, that she was captured. For his wife returned home, hoping to find her husband and beg apologies. What she found was a half-nude Anya, standing over the corpse of a very wealthy man with a heavy pouch of riches in her grasp. And she was arrested.
-
From there, her life has ceased in entertaining standard. Now, she lives somewhat a boring life. Caged in a cell, her long auburn hair tied into a length braid, her fair-skinned body draped in ugly rags. She plans each day her own escape, but that day has been halted. Because, for reasons unknown to her, she has been called away. Perhaps, she believes, this is the escape she seeks. A chance to set out on her wicked ways once more, taking from the men who led to her mother's death.

Other:
-She does not know she is of some elven descent.
-She is immune to many of her own poisons due to years of giving herself low doses, and raising said doses, until her body no longer reacted in ill manner.

Weapons:
-(1) Dagger: It is thin and slender, tapering through and through. It has a hole in the hilt that looks fit for a vial, and has several thin lines running through the steel. She calls it Cobra, for she can put poisons into the hilt and inflict them into her victims amongst impact.
-(1) Life's End: A small crescent shaped blade that is only two inches long, and a half inch wide. It is what she uses when in close contact to eliminate victims who cause problems. This blade is usually hidden amongst her person.
-(10) Needles: They come and go, made from many things. She uses these in bored or dangerous situations, dipping their ends in poison and throwing/stabbing her opponents.

Clothes: Usually she is found in strange dress, something odd yet not masculine enough to write her off as a fighter.
-Upper body:
~A thin black halter top, who's chest comes up to the clavicle.
++On each strap are two small golden studs pinned in. They are stolen, of course, but are marks of the apothecary.
~A deep blue corset over that, with an open back that shows most of her fair skin, with the black under-top showing near the bottom of her back. It has pale seams and pale blue ribbons tying it across her back.
-Lower Body:
~Very short shorts, that end just below her thigh. They are of a sweet beige that is a few shades off from her fair skin tone.
++Usually it is in the waist of her shorts that she keeps her small crescent blade.
~A diagonal skirt; a wrap of sorts. It is of a smooth blue at the bottom edge, and fades white as it rises to her hip. The left side falls a short ways past her knee, while the right side falls just at the point where her shorts end.
++Over it is a small belt that fits tight and has thin deep violet pouches along the sides and front. It is meant to hold her poisons, and empty vials.
~Black boots that rise to the shin.
++On each side are small golden pins that she stole from a man's wife just before said wife became a widow. The pins represent fame and appraise.

Appearance:
Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Long_r10

Last edited by Eternity on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Since Heyseuss has stepped away with such a heavy load of other rps currently going.... Yes! ^_^ Welcome, fellow Mod!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Name: Zerathok

Alias: none

Race: Half-Elf (looks more human than elf)

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color/Style: Light blonde, pulled back in pony tail

Height: 6’1

Weight: 240 lbs

Alignment: Neutral

Siblings:

Mothers a whore, who knows how many siblings he has.

Distinguished Characteristics~

Dress: Zerathok wears sturdy clothing that makes his work as a mercenary easy. The colors are normally dark. The most distinguished feature of his clothing would be the leather boots he wears are softly padded on the bottom to eliminate as much sound as possible and make his tracks harder to follow. He does wear dark sash he pulls over his face when he is in battle. This is partly due to a religious belief.

Mannerisms: Zerathok is the normal mercenary. He hates himself, tries to drink away all of his problems, and smokes away his personal demons but he is no doubt very good at what he does. Being very open with his emotions, normally those emotions are anger and sadness, Zerathok will talk with almost anyone. He is very social, especially when he is at a tavern.

Habits (Good/Bad): Zerathok does care for people. Unfortunately his greed takes over and he is normally bought. If he has the opportunity he tries to help those that suffer and have less than he does.

Greatest Flaw: Greed.

Best Quality: Compassion.

Hobbies: Drinking, Sword-play, bare-knuckle brawling in the taverns

Favorite Saying/Personal Quote: He would have a favorite saying but most of the time the memorable lines come from being too drunk to remember anything.

Special Talents/Skills: Swordsmanship, woods men (survivalist skills), martial fighting, drinking games

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes~

Greatest Impact On Character: Time spent as a soldier

Motivation: A mixture of trying to pay for his “past sins” and trying to make money

Worst Fear: His god (specifically the Great Judgment)

Greatest Joy: Fighting

Believe In A Higher Power?: Believes in the God of Justice

Violence~

Fighting Style: A mixture between strength and speed. He favors his long sword and dagger. He isn’t the biggest man on the battlefield but plain ferocity and skill normally makes up the difference.

Weapon Of Choice: 2 Long swords, dagger, long spear

Special Abilities: Master Swordsman

Weakness: Afraid of heights, religious beliefs

Greatest Advantage: Intelligence when it comes to fighting

Partner: None

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) 11803210
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Title in the works, (No longer recruiting) Empty Title in the works. (No longer recruiting.)

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm

*Raises hand*

May I still join? I am very, very interested. =D
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm

So you guys don't have to go digging..

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 pm

SO WHEN CAN WE BEGIN? I'm excited about this.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Tonight! After my last class lets out, I plan on coming home, having dinner with the roomy, get into a pair of comfy pajamas, and finally sit down and write this out! Sorry for the wait guys, but it's been a hectic week for me. It'll start tonight, and I'll let you guys know, here, when it's up. How's that sound? Aww
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Sounds great! =D Can't wait! WOOHOO!

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Well since sounds don't carry over the internet, I don't know! *Goes under from a barrage of hateful comments and thrown dishes*

Anyways, my smartass cometh out..eth? Yeah, sounds great and can't wait!
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:55 am

*Dramatic Sigh* Fuck Sake

Well... I'm trying. To be completely honest I haven't felt good vibes for my post since I started, but I trucked along as best I could, and ended up with a steaming mountain of crap that came with it's own set of flies. I'm unsatisfied, but instead of deleting what snip-it I have and leaving you all with nothing but possible annoyance and/or impatience for me to hurry the *bleep* up... I'll leave it where it's currently at, in the hopes that all of you get inspired with thoughts on how to start your own posts. (If you haven't already.)

I've got class in the morning, but after that I'll be free until about 5:30 at night, and then I'll not be back until 9. (It's a weird schedual), while I'm breaking one promise by not finishing tonight, like I had hoped and tried... I'll guarentee that I'll have it finished and up for you tomorrow. (Power, don't fail me now!)

For those who have yet to read it, the story is called "Honor Amongst Thieves" and it is incomplete... so pleaaaase hold off on responces, who knows, I might scrap what I've written in the morning and become inspired and place everyone under awe........ ROFL
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:43 am

Fwah! I read it, and I loved it! Oh well. I'll think of my post sometime today.=D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next