FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psych-horror RP

+3
RedBaku
LunarScorpio
Anemone
7 posters

Go down

Psych-horror RP Empty Psych-horror RP

Post by Anemone Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 am

I've been trying very hard to get a Psych-horror RP planned out, and seeing as my designs are nearing completion... I was hoping to see if others would be willing to join.

Light, in this RP represents sanity, solace, and solidity. Anything in the light is static as it is, and anything in the dark can change. Things will rarely, if ever directly attack you, but in the dark, anything can be dangerous. An unseen being could push a cart at you. A car could start and drive at you. Hallways can change places. Doors can lock. Things can appear, and dissappear.

There WILL be creatures in this, however, it is by no means going the route of things like Dead Space, where you can kill them effectively. It would be a small miracle if one so much as found a gun, let alone the ammo to shoot it. It would be an even greater miracle if the creature was in one place long enough to get shot.

So, whos up for some good old psychological terror?
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Psych-horror RP Empty Re: Psych-horror RP

Post by LunarScorpio Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Well, like I told you in PM, I'd be interested in doing something like this. I love psychological stuff after all, hehe. Plus, it has a Silent Hill feel to it and I've been obsessed with playing those types of games lately.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:09 pm

LunarScorpio wrote:Well, like I told you in PM, I'd be interested in doing something like this. I love psychological stuff after all, hehe. Plus, it has a Silent Hill feel to it and I've been obsessed with playing those types of games lately.

Dh'awww, I wanted to point out the Silent Hill-ness. But in all seriousness, I'd like to do this. I've been itching for a horror RP. More or less a survival horror, but a horror non the less.

What I'm trying to say is " D'ok, I'll join. "
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by W. R. Prescott Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm

I'd be interested in this sort of thing.
W. R. Prescott
W. R. Prescott
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:18 pm

I can do this, for sure. Nothing like some psychoterror to kickstart the dreams at night, eh?

No guns, disappearing and reappearing apparitions. I'm wondering if there is going to be a haunted house, or as you said it was being Silent Hill-ish, is it just going to be an entire town infested with this shifting darkness?
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Town and surrounding areas... However, it will not be as... abandoned as is typical. Thats a little over done. I find it is FAR more creepier the closer to normal it seems (although still abnormal), and more fitting with the setting as well. It makes the "little" things, and the changes all the more worrying.

I can't give too much away.

On a side note, this might be on slow mode for a good bit. Mom went psycho and grounded me for "wasting her money" by buying a $20 game, when my brother blew $500 on an Xbox and all the fixings. Don't worry... I'll burn a bit of midnight oil, and this will give me the extra time to iron everything out.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Mmm, don't you hate when that happens? C'est la vie. I'll be waiting and anticipating. x]
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Veritas Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Mmm, i'm interested. I'll join.
Trinity Veritas
Trinity Veritas
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 am

Ok... heres a small version of what ive compiled.

The RP takes place in a town called Mooseax. Through the whole RP, it is midnight, and the moon never changes its position. The town looks very lived in. Cars sit in parking spaces and driveways, food is in cupboards and stores, completely untouched. Everything seems... normal. The few oddities to begin with are the COMPLETE lack of electricity, although some machines still run, plugged in or not. Batteries for flashlights are also conveninatly absent, and car batteries are completely drained. Everything is in perfect shape, as though all the people disappeared and left everything as they had made it.

A forest borders the town and a river cuts through on the other side. There are no bridges over the river, they all proceed part of the way, then are completely sliced off.

As for the town itself. The skyline is completely dominated by the downtown core, especially the ABT (American Bank and Trust) bank building. In front of that is a cement square, complete with still-running fountain, and surrounding this area are various stores and hotels, none of them more than three stories high.

There are signs of imediate and active life. Some areas have been searched for supplies. Occasionally a bloddied flashlight is found, its bulb cracked and batteries gone.

No decent strength lights besides the characters flashlight work, at least immediately. If one was to find a generator and fuel, they could probably wire it up to floodlights and completely illuminate an area.

In the dark... things can change. Anything... can come after you. A tree, a car, a dumpster, anything. Just because they can doesn't mean they will though, many changes happen in the darkness, and not all of them are bad. Sometimes a previously locked door will unlock, and sometimes food will simply replenish. At the same time, that food could become agressive, and that locked door could completely dissappear.

Light prevents these changes, the more light, the better. The light of the moon will prevent the most serious and crazy of events, such as entire buildings changing position. Outside is generally more stable and safe because of this, but there is no food, no batteries to replenish the light, and certainly no answers outside. Inside the deepest... darkest buildings... where you can hardly see your hand infront of your face without a light... therein lies food, and energy, and occasionally answers.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank J Wimbleton Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:43 am

Oh, this looks good. Really good.
Hank J Wimbleton
Hank J Wimbleton
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaku Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Sounds good, I keep getting more and more interested. I can feel my RP adrenalin pumping.
RedBaku
RedBaku
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 am

Oh, one last thing. characters WILL be dying.

If your character dies, and only if they die, you can enter a new character. Should your character go insane... they're still in the world.

I'll be amazed if any of our 1st generation characters live to the end.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 am

Alright. Should be a ooc up.... tomorrow.

All-nighter. Ane is to tired to OOC.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

AGH!

I'm so totally blanking on how to start this......

If anyone wants to take this over until I get my crap together, go right ahead.......
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down