FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival)

Go down

Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival) Empty Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok, so I just got done beating Bioshock and it was a pretty good gaming experience. Well structured story, game play, etc.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone is interested in this type of RP. It would be in the same kind of setting as Bioshock, underwater, gloomy, mysterious, and full of monsters (at some point there will be). Most of the main characters would be research scientists, but there would be regular residents as well of the facility and not just lab coat junkies. There would be animals, armed guards (the facility's police and law enforcement), children, etc. Basically an underwater community that is much like Rapture in Bioshock, except my facility is called Ironsea.

The general idea of the RP is more on a survival side of things. How this comes to play is a virus, called the Quest Virus, is injected into someone that breaks an Ironsea law, such as taking a guard's firearm and shooting the guard on purpose. It would be at this point that the infection would start to spread. The Quest Virus turns the blood of the infected into a material that can be used to fuel machinery, used to create energy weapons, etc. However, if an infected person's body has a massive amount of QV Blood drained from them, they will suffer and in time die. QV Blood makes the person go insane, in time, and become psychotic killers. Since they are genetically altered, they have certain weaknesses to balance their strengths -- these things I'm not sure about since I don't know if anyone is interested yet.

Basically, this is what begins to happen at that point in the story, the research staff begins to focus on harvesting QV Blood and processing more of it. They test it on the animals they have locked up. Quickly after they figure out a way to use the genetic material as an energy source, the major bad guy -- chief security officer -- steals it all up, infects a ton of people and animals, lets them all loose, and blocks off a sector all for himself with most of his security guards.

The idea is to make it resemble Bioshock in some small way but also to make it an experience very different than the game at the same time. I do think it's a great concept to run off of and I don't have everything thought up yet. I do know it will open some interesting characters to be played though.

Please post your questions. I'll try and answer them for you.

Last edited by Tkwiget on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival) Empty Re: Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival)

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Bioshock-esque RP?

Where do I sign up? Very Happy
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival) Empty Re: Bioshock-ish type RP.. (Horror/Survival)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

You can give me your soul and the contract is signed. Limited time offer!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Alright, I'll see what I can do.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Alright, well in the mean time do you have any particular ideas for the RP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Eh..not right now, seems pretty solid at this point
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Alright.. well hopefully more are interested. I do want to provide some maps so we know where the hell everyone is and where to go for certain things..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Hopefully...though, people don't seem to be too interested with this, unfortunately.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:23 pm

I haven't really began working on any of the maps. I guess I'm waiting for a nice number of people to help start things off before I start actually working on getting maps together. I'm also thinking some kind of link between Rapture and Ironsea would be a nice establishment to the story line. Such as a way to counter act the affects of Adam and return those people back to normal.

Anyone else interested? I think at least a total of four people would make a great start and with Ragter, we would only need two more. You don't need to know the story behind Bioshock to be in the RP but it does certainly help. I'm sure anyone that is in the RP that knows the story can help explain certain things and answer any questions.

I'm creating a list of weapons that are going to be in the RP. This is an underwater facility so weaponry will be limited to a certain point. I'm not sure about mutation powers (similar to Plasmids in Bioshock) so there would be plenty of time to shell out a list of that stuff.

This is of course if two other people are actually interested. An RP isn't much of an RP if it's just two people in it to me but if that's how things will start then I'm still game for that as long as Ragter is.

---

No they aren't Ragter. We might actually just have to start things out. I don't have a problem with that but it certainly is discouraging to go to the trouble of making maps for the RP and end up not even getting more people for it.

What do you want to do man? I really want to start this RP but I don't want to waste our time if people aren't interested. I think it will be a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Huh...kinda hard to make a decision on this, but I'll try to anyways.

We might just have to start out by ourselves, unfortunately. If other people aren't interested right now, so be it. Maybe they'll get a little interested if they see some RP posts though. Who knows though? Kinda hard to tell what people do.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:16 pm

True, very true you are.

I suppose I could come up with some more RP stuff for it. I do have some maps that I need to create. I wont create any RP or OOC threads until I get that stuff done.

Ragter, I think the maps I'll make will place a smile across your face when you see them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Heh, there's a smile on my face just thinking about them.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Just so you know, there will be quiet a bit of time before I actually have anything to show you or anyone else. On top of this, the actual story details I have yet to work on. I have many other things I'm working on and since this is still a fresh idea, I wouldn't mind if you helped out in that regard, if you want.

I say this cause I just recently opened a guild on Gaia Online for one of my big RP projects. That guild will hold many of my projects what I like to call RP RPGs and because of that it will require a large amount of my online time I devote towards RPing. Not enough to say I won't throw in some work on this RP but certainly am not going to make this RP my primary focus. Yes, I still want to go through with this RP and I have many cool things that we can have fun with in it, but like I said, it won't be high on my priority list.

I do have a list of weapons (eight in total, like from Bioshock) that will be in the RP. I even have a small list of monsters as well that will be in there. The only real thing I don't have made up is the story details.

Keep this in mind Ragter, any RP that I create personally myself, tend to take a while to get going. I plan things out and like to provide visual material for my players to enjoy. That's really how I roll and I don't see myself changing that. It does mean I put forth a lot more effort than other people sometimes, but I think that's what will encourage people to continue to RP with me again and again.

My goal is to be like Blizzard Entertainment is for video games for RPs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey, no troubles at all, Tkwiget. I can wait as long as you need me to

Oh, and I think I'll decline on helping out. I'm not the most artistic person, and suck at MSPaint. Also, whenever I actually come up with a story, it tends to be...well, bad, to put it simply. That, or just cliched to hell.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Hahha.. well that's cool man. Don't worry yourself about it then. When the RP is ready to start it will probably pop up on the forums when you least expect it to.

Just so you know, I haven't even got a quarter of the first map done. They are going to be a little more complex than Bioshock maps. More rooms and what not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey Ragter, I'll get the first 2 maps finished and we can start this. I think that's a good start, don't you? The other sections of the city can be under lockdown or something.. not like we will really need to go to them anyways in the beginning.

Say, what kind of weapons did you want to have in the RP? I was thinking, since the RP is based around the concept of Bioshock, eight weapons would be great.

These are what I think would fit:

6-shot Revolver
Shotgun
Harpoon Gun
Crowbar (couldn't think of anything else for a early melee weapon)
Sniper Rifle
Grenades
Lightning Blaster
Chainsaw

Some of them might not really fit well but that's what I thought up. I do want to keep the Lightning Blaster for story purposes to make up the fact that Plasmids aren't going to exist in this RP like they did in Bioshock. There will, of course, be mutations but not really in the controlled, manageable, and benefiting way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Hm...looks fine with me so far, Tkwiget. Seems odd to me that this topic didn't show up when I searched for 'Search for new posts since last visit'..
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Alright, I guess the weapon selection is fine. Alright.. I'll try and get those maps done. I'm finding that with how much the RPs I'm in have slowed down drastically.. I should be able to support a 4th RP without much trouble.

My main time cruncher is my Gaia Online guild (assuming you're from that website) and all of the hassles it takes getting one of those up and running. That's a whole another cake of frosty information to eat that I won't bake for you for a while. Let's just say it revolves around a certain idea that should spark a collection of creativity from the darkest corners of Gaia. It should actually prove to be a worth while guild to be a part of once it gets going.

Back on topic with this RP, I suppose I should ask you this cause I'm rather curious. Since there are limited number of different types of character positions, like a scientist, guard, or residential family member, or even a damn animal, what were you going to be exactly. I was going to play a couple characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:06 pm

hmm, probably a scientist, it'd be..well, interesting to see it from their perspective. As for Gaia, no, I don't frequent there, so I don't know the troubles of it.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down