FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I Know Where The Angels Died..." (Survival Horror)

3 posters

Go down

"I Know Where The Angels Died..."  (Survival Horror) Empty "I Know Where The Angels Died..." (Survival Horror)

Post by IConsumedMyWings Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 pm

It all started with a phone call...
The phone rings, it's late at night... Or, early morning. You can't remember. You immediately hate the caller, you haven't slept for weeks and... It's cold. Not the air, the phone. It's like the phone is draining your heat, even from across the room. You wrap your tired form in a comforter, and walk to the phone. The comforter gains weight, growing heavy, heavier. Your sleepless brain struggles to understand the situation, to gain a view on what the hell is happening. No answers come to mind. You wrap the comforter closer, and reach to the phone... Your hand slides under the old arm, lifting the cup-like listening end to your ear. Your other hand wraps around the body, lifting the ancient phone to your mouth.

About two seconds into this, you realize you don't own an old rotary phone...

A whispered voice of a child crackles on the other side...

"I know where the angels died..."

The phone crumbles to dust. The hair on your neck stands on end, like an electric shock had just been applied. You feel like maggots are crawling over your skin...

No, they ARE crawling. Your comforter is no more, replaced now with a sack made of rotting flesh slung low over one shoulder. Maggots pour out from it. You can't tell if the maggots are feasting on the sack... Or what's inside. Your stomach heaves, and you toss the thing away from you. An eye lolls at you, watching lazily from the other side of the sack. You look around you, at the degrading buildings and decrepit sidewalks. Messages are written in every language and every dialect, some clear, some nothing more than feral clawmarks. Some are written in pen...

But most are written in blood.

"Run."
"Not this way"
"Stalkers on the sidewalks..."
"Mind the Gap"
"This is hell..."
"There is a PATH"
"Beware their names..."

You look down the street. Though the buildings are rundown and ransacked, it has the look of a small town...

One that stretches on and on in every direction, farther than you can see. The sky is orange-red, no sun and no moon. A reddish haze hangs on your vision, blocking sight further than twenty to thirty feet ahead...

This, this is where the angels died.

The play mechanics will be discussed through PM or private messaging on the Chat Client, if you are interested.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

"I Know Where The Angels Died..."  (Survival Horror) Empty Re: "I Know Where The Angels Died..." (Survival Horror)

Post by Shekinah Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, I don't know if this is still alive, at any rate: I'm interested.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

"I Know Where The Angels Died..."  (Survival Horror) Empty Re: "I Know Where The Angels Died..." (Survival Horror)

Post by IConsumedMyWings Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, no one else has shown interest...

I still have the idea and details, however.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 am

Well, if you still want to do this, we can always make it a one on one rp?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:36 pm

If you're willing to put up with a newbie like me, I'd be interested (assuming you're still looking for people).
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IConsumedMyWings Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Hmmm... A one-on-one would change some of the play mechanics. I think I could do it with you two, though.

Okay, the basic play mechanics is that nothing is as it seems, and information is both detrimental and absolutely necessary to advance anywhere in this world.

An example, you find a book that is somehow still readable. If you read the book, and discover it tells you EXACTLY where a "monster" is...

Then, that monster knows exactly where you are. Information in this place is two-directional. To know something of your enemy is to let your enemy know you. But, otherwise, you'll stumble along blindly.

Some foes can only be felled with words. Others need violence. Some are dark reflections of the self. Others are bestial constants, present in every human. And some...

Well, this IS where the Angels Died...

I'll have an OOC set up soon, with your starting locations and equipment stated. Last question, do you want this to be Casual, or Advanced? I can swing it either way.
IConsumedMyWings
IConsumedMyWings
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Oh, sounds good!

Hmm, I want to try Advanced, but I'm afraid I might not be able to meet the rules of Advanced, so maybe it's a better idea to put it in Casual where you can go with longer posts like in Advanced?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Again, I'm pretty new around here, so Casual is probably the 'safest' route, but I'm up for trying Advanced. Either way, I'm excited!
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down