FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Me Your Pets!

+35
Lost Dreams
Kalon Ordona II
Slenderella
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Dax
thecolorisred
toeknee
xraineyesx
MSurber90
Eternity
wakeangel
Shadow Moonseye
The Melancholy Spirit
Lyvee
Sighlent
Saori
Sheeple
Bird of Hermes
Savannah
Sin
Mydnyte Syn
Misery
Loki
Yael
ImmortalSin
Reffy
Gadreille
Digital Muse
Fate Flyer
Igraine
LunarScorpio
Silvan Arrow
Lara
Kathryn Lacey
39 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Empty Re: Show Me Your Pets!

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:34 am

Well the first pet to mention would be our Bull Arab Mastiff Dane (or, really big dog) named Maximus. He's about 6 years old now and he just recently had a small tumor removed from his third eyelid, and a few sun spots removed from underneath his belly. He's healed up fine though and is looking a lot better.

This is a picture of him posing for the camera (which he does very rarely)

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 S7300356

And this is him in his bed, looking rather irritated (his bed is actually a kiddies portable sandpit, nothing else is big enough for him)

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Maxinbed

I also have 4 fish (two goldfish, two betta's) about 100 head of cattle and one very special budgerigar that goes by the name of Chaz. I don't have any pictures of him around at the moment unfortunately, but he's an electric blue colour. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Aww. Fate, your rats are so cute. I love how they perch on your shoulder like parrots. Do they like to hide in your hair? When Ipo was a kitten, he liked to hang over my shoulder and burrow into my hair. Gryphon seems to appreciate boobies from that first picture of him. XD In that next picture of him, it looks like Gambit is wanting some more attention. Is he a camera whore by chance? He does have the most pictures from this photo shoot. heheh

Holy crap... Goliath is huge! ^o_o^

Thanks, Silvone. That's really nice of you. He was a pretty neat cat with plenty of fun quirks. I have more pictures of him, but their stuck on the memory of the camera itself, and I don't have a USB cord for it any more. I need to go buy one and get those pictures because they were really really good. I miss him a lot, and it's only been three days... ._.

Immortal, I do believe Maximus is well named. His face in that second picture reminds me of that dog from Homeward Bound for whom Michael J. Fox voiced. He's super cute, though! ^^_^^

What's a budgerigar?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Aw, I remember that movie. It used to be one of my favourites too. My dad was the one who thought of the name and I agree with you, it definitely suits him.

This is just a random picture of a budgerigar I found but it actually looks a bit like mine, except Chaz is a bit younger and his blue is more vivid.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 16112008040342_140

They're native Australian birds, but you don't see them around here. I'm fairly sure you can find them in the larger territories though they are pretty common domestic pets.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 am

Aww! It looks like cotton candy! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Immortal, Miximus is SO adorable! He has those eyes that you just can't say 'no' to. ^_^ And your bird too is absolutely lovely. I love that blue color. Very Happy

Kathryn, aw thanks. ^^ Hehe yeah, they do like to hide in my hair, actually! That's so cute that Ipo used to do that too. Lol it'd be adorable to see a kitty doing that. Hahaha Gryphon was trying to find a way down, and that meant crossing the boobage! XD Oh, Gambit just loves attention! If I pay attention to any other rat, he butts in and pushes them away so that I'll pet him. He is actually the only rat we own that is not afraid of the camera and its flashes. He really seems to love it! So yes, he seems like a camera whore lol.

They're all pretty big, I guess, or at least bigger than most people seem to think. They're like the size of a baby ferret. When my brother saw them all the last time my family visited, he kept saying how much bigger they were than he thought!

I didn't even see that you posted pictures of your cat that just died so recently, but I guess this thread alluded me, since I had to merge my copy into this one. (I'm blind sometimes, I swear.) But aww, Kathryn. Ipo was the cutest little kitty. He looks like such a lover-boy too! He looks like a sweetheart -- complete opposite of my parent's cat! The poor dear. I can see why you'd miss him. <3 *hugs tight*

It's just a girl and her rat.
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Oct2096EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Oct2097EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Oct2094EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Oct2093EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Oct2092EDIT

Gambit was SO happy to be up on my shoulder as I took pictures of us. It was so cute. He was smelling like crazy because he didn't know where he was. He was just so content though after a minute and was making happy noises. ^^ It's like Kathryn said -- he's a little camera whore!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Awww I LOVE Dane and any mix thereof. I have a Brindle Great Dane named Achilles. I fostered him for a Dane rescue service in my area. I absolutely fell in love with him.

He was 40 inches tall at the shoulder! And yet somehow wanted to be in my lap whenever I sat down. Danes are the biggest cuddle-bugs!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:15 pm

hahah Yeah. I can see that happening where Gambit gets jealous of the attention from others. Whenever my grandma and I would ignore Ipo while we were watching TV or a movie, Ipo would have to find ways to get our attentions. heheh

Oh! My friend, Laura, has a dog who loves attention. The thing is... when I introduced Laura and Jonathan, Roxy- the dog- kept pushing me away to get his attention. It was really funny.

Also, same dog is just a little too big to be a lap-dog, but she acts like she fits perfectly on others' laps. I love animals with quirks.

Anyway, when I was little, we had a female rat, and she just... never seemed that big to me... I mean, yeah, she was much bigger than a mouse, but I was little, so big things should have seemed huge. She didn't live very long because she got leukemia, so maybe that's why she was so small. I honestly didn't realize that rats could reach the size of a person's forearm, but one learns something new every day. ^^_^^

Aww. Yeah. That's probably what happened. Before you combined the two threads, there weren't very many posts, so that could account for your not seeing the pictures. He was a total loverboy. He was also persistent. If he wanted to be in my lap and I didn't want him there, he would keep jumping into my lap until I gave up and stopped putting him back on the floor. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yael Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:15 pm

This is Lily, my lazy 8 year old kitty

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Lily11

Calypso, my yellow bellied slider (the water isn't actually yellow, it was just the lighting)
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Calyps11

Fred, my other yellow bellied slider
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Fred12
Yael
Yael
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Aww. You're kiity is a fatums. ^^_^^

Oh man... I have dial-up, so the pictures take a moment to load... and I read "spider" instead of "slider," and I am really relieved that I read it wrong. Turtles are way better. I love their markings. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:13 am

Takun at just under 7 months old and he is a whopping 75lbs.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 11121458

He has the most innocent facial expressions ever, makes it very hard to stay mad at him ever.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Aww. He's sooo cute! I love his breed!

I always find that animals can get the sweetest expressions. My cat used to give me this little pleading look, and I could never say no to it. hahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Wow, Loki! What a beauty!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Wow, Loki, Takun is getting big! He is such a handsome dog. :] Lol I can see how it'd be hard to stay mad at him for anything.

Axiom and I recently acquired a new baby, a Russian Blue Dumbo Rex rat (which means he is bluish/gray in color, has large dumbo ears, and has curly fur and curly whiskers). I named him Sky. Smile

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 BabyBlueHome0003EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 BabyBlueHome0002EDIT
Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 BabySky0005EDIT
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Oh, Fate! He's so gorgeous! He makes me want a rat. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Aw, thanks, Kathryn! ^_^ He's certainly a sweetheart. I play with him like you would a puppy too; it's really adorable lol. He'll chase my hand around and around in circles, and then I flip him over and tickle his belly, and he'll play fight me. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:20 am

Awwwwww, he's so cute, Fate!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:25 am

XD My friend's dog, Amber, has made it big on College Humor!

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 Collegehumor.95cdec26243994d95be540cdb1087dec
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 am

OMG! That picture is sooo perfect! She looks like she's trying to be human, the way her arm is draped over the arm of the chair. It's great!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:04 pm

My friend's pets are all confused. Their cat thinks it's a dog and is amazing at fetch while their dog obviously shows signs of being a person... that is whenever it isn't bouncing off the walls with energy.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Do they know what she is? I see Great Dane in her....I think?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

They know, but I can't recall off the top of my head for certain, but I believe she is a boxer/lab mix.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Finally got my hands on my girlfriend's camera and was able to upload pictures to my PC. Which of course means more pictures of 'little' Takun who is now 7.5 months old and 80 pounds of cuddly goodness.

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710889958832_17100745_39693816_1039814_n
I really like this one. Aww

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710889799152_17100745_39693809_4947945_n

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710889834082_17100745_39693815_2892536_n

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710889809132_17100745_39693811_5666989_n

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710890113522_17100745_39693819_4835366_n
Takun in what we refer to as "business pose" or "Takun Taro, CEO".

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710890118512_17100745_39693820_3111030_n
From the front.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Awww, your dog is a big cutie, Loki...

I've always kind of wanted a husky, but I heard that grooming can be a nightmare...
Misery
Misery
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Misery wrote:Awww, your dog is a big cutie, Loki...

I've always kind of wanted a husky, but I heard that grooming can be a nightmare...

Almost everybody assumes he is a husky, but he is actually an Alaskan Malamute. The main differences are the upward turned tail, bigger size, and the more defined chest. The grooming is primarily a quick brushing once every two days or so to cut back on shedding. This is about a sixth of what I get out after about a week without brushing:

Show Me Your Pets! - Page 2 15863_710889784182_17100745_39693806_7434053_n
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 pm

That's actually not so bad. It looks pretty comparable to what my American Eskimo would produce really. Unless he was shedding his winter coat, then things got ugly. My love of wearing black suffered when I had him...
Misery
Misery
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydnyte Syn Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Such cute critters!

Just going to link the pics. Not feeling well and I'm not feeling like resizing anything. Anyways ...

Tasslehoff Burrfoot My cat. [Interesting Read About My Cat] Vet confirmed, he's at least half Maine Coon cat.

Boo-Boo - This is my daughter's, dog, Boo-Boo. Yes, he got his name from the two broken legs she found him with. Julia (my daughter) was working at a local pet store a couple of winters ago. She went in early after a brutally cold & snowy night and saw a box sitting in front of the doors. When she opened the box, she saw this adorable puppy. No blanket, near death, and suffering from two broken legs; along with hypothermia, malnutrition. (Overnight low temp had hit -12 Fahrenheit and strong wind gusts dropping the cold to -30 degrees). She took him inside, called her boss and told her about finding him. Her boss gave her the day off and Julia spent the day at the vet's with him. Boo-Boo was able to come home with us about a week and a half later. His legs healed fine, he's happy, spunky and quite chunky these days!

Sly Bones - My daughter's Welsh Corgi, Sly Bones. Pic is a little blurry, but he's adorable. He's jealous of Boo-Boo.
Mydnyte Syn
Mydnyte Syn
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.crimsonsprite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:54 pm

YAY!!! Another Corgi! I love how much black is in Sly Bones. My Gizmo is a red-head.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 am

Takun is sooo adorable. He looks like a really happy, friendly dog, too.

Tasselhoff looks like he's the sort of kitty to get his way. He's so pretty, though. You should get a colour picture of him. I want to pet the fluff!

OMG! Boo Boo is sooo cute, too! ((Rhyming was unintended)) I bet he's a blast to have around. I always love stories where animals triumph through their abuse to live wonderful lives. I watch Animal Planet sometimes... Funny how I hate Lifetime or Hallmark channels which are basically the equivalent. XD

I haven't had much to do with Corgis, so I don't really know much about them. I bet he's fun, too, though. Does he get pushy when he's jealous?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydnyte Syn Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Gizmo! I had a Sheltie named Gizmo when I was a wee little girl. Also, I saw a pic of a dog in this thread earlier whose name is Mindy. Which kinda freaked me out at first because my name is Mindy.

Digital Muse & Kathryn - Yay! Sly Bones is just funny as hell. Julia had another Welsh Corgi that she named Penny. I say had because Julia had to put her to sleep a year ago. It was heartbreaking, but Julia did right by her Penny and held her until she closed her eyes and stopped breathing. Then she held her a little bit longer. So sad. Penny was blond and white, and she pretty much bossed Sly Bones around. So of course, Sly Bones needed someone he could boss around. Boo-Boo was it. Sly Bones is afraid of the kittens. Yes, he is afraid of the kittens. He doesn't get pushy really, but he ... well, yeah, I guess he does get pushy, lol. He nudges Boo out of the way and tries to run him over when its time to go outside. Come to think of it, he is rather pushy! Corgi's are fantastic and great with children. Well, mine have been. Penny was very protective of the children, especially protective of Julia. Those two were inseparable; to the point where the dog would walk to Julia's junior high and high school every day, sit in the lawn, and wait for Julia to get out of school!
Mydnyte Syn
Mydnyte Syn
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydnyte Syn Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Okay, so I had a couple of shots left on a roll of film so I shot my cat. I think it was Fate who had said she'd like to see a pic of my cat in color, so here are two liked pics of Tasslehoff Burrfoot, my furry kender, as he made himself VERY comfortable in my sweat jacket.

Oh! I'm on camera?

Human, take another pic and I will claw your eyes out.
Mydnyte Syn
Mydnyte Syn
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next