FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control

3 posters

Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control Empty Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

So I had post this in the Casual Section, but I don't think that this RP can stay afloat being casual. I don't think people looking for a Casual Rp will take a liking into this anyway. So here is the now moved-to-advanced copy/paste!

So I have had this idea looming in my head for awhile now...

The basic idea is this:

With the recent meetings of the G8, G20 in Huntsville and Toronto, Canada respectively and the soon-to-be summit in Seoul, South Korea, I thought: Wow, alot of these men don't have the heart or vision that many people in their country have!

Lets be realistic here: when someone enters politics all bright-eyed and naive, thinking they are going to change their country and world with their new ideas, they are soon cast down by reality and their respective party and they loose these new ideas that could potentially make the world and individual countries much better than they already are.

This has as objective to change all of that.

So here's the general idea: players will be able to choose the seats of every G8 Head of government and govern their country, thus world, as they see fit!

Just a reminder, the G8 countries are:

- Canada
- the United States
- the United Kingdom
- France
- Germany
- Russia
- Japan
- Italy

Other countries can be chosen but the G8 is just kind of a starting place (India, China, Brazil, etc. can be choosen aswell).

Now, you will be taking position as either Chancellor, President or Prime Minister and lead the country and WORLD how YOU think should be ran.

I also thought that this Rp would be a great way to make other people conscious of the world surrounding them and of the current events and politics in many of the worlds countries.

This is especially true because I expect for people to join this Rp to act according the real-life problematics and general ideals that each country has.
These things can be relatively hard to grasp, but I am here to clear them up. However, if you are able to teach yourself on the current affairs of your country, like I want people to do, this will probably not happen.

Another cool thing to this Rp, I think anyway, is Public Support (PS).
PS is actually very simple and just adds a touch of reality and fun to the RP. Basically, its is a fail-safe done by me. It is as simple as me just looking at the action someone and their 'government' has done and juding if the people of the country will accept it or not. Most of the time, again, if you know your country well enough, support should always be there. Also keep in mind that just because Public Support is not on your side, it doesn't mean that the action cannot come to fruitition, but it might have to be changed slightly. (Just like the Opposition making tweaks and making it genuinely better or worse)

However, I do not want people to think that they are restricted on what they do becasue of this PS or by insistence on being 'true to the countries ideals'. I just want people to have them in mind when they think up stuff they want to do or create. I am just saying dont go over board, otherwise its free sailing!

Basically, the PS is the people's opinion and Official Opposition in one voice.

Just to conclude all of these basic ideas, this is what I want for this RP:

-Be somewhat realisitc, giving the possibility for people to express their creativity and materializing (somewhat) their wish for a better country and planet (well, in theory at least)

- Make people learn about countries all around the world

- Have fun

So please, do not be intimidated by all of this! Join up and I guarantee fun!

Suggestions on things to add/scrap are welcome anytime, as well.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control Empty Re: Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control

Post by Harper Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 am

Well since I don't know if I claimed it earlier I think I'd like to take France. Hopefully we can get some interest in this within the coming week!

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control Empty Re: Behind Sealed Doors - Real world Simulation - Be In Control

Post by skull_mech Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 am

Sadly I'm from neither of the proposed nations. I'm however from Singapore and I believe it's said that we were invited as one of the many nations as participants. If anything I believe Singapore was invited because of our world class water recycling plant and our many recycling awareness projects. We have a system that though unlike the hoover dam or other big dams of the world, we have a small dam that help prevents flood near coastal area and yet help power quite a huge sum of city blocks.

Click here. to see the other countries including SIngapore that were invited.

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:07 am

That is perfect.

I would like to point out that people can choose ANY country they please. I was simply suggesting those from the G8/G20.

Welcome aboard. Smile

Ok well now I think, with us three, I will shoot up the OOC. Perhaps once other people see what goes on exactly in the RP, they will join.

So, the OOC will be up today. As for the IC, it will be possibly up either on Saturday or Sunday.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down